Create Account

S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Howdy, I'm Edge Rocks. My path to this point hasn't exactly been ordinary. Growing up in Dublin, Ireland doesn't exactly provide an easy pathway into the great sport of hockey. In fact, I grew up in a family made up of fans of just about everything else. The Rocks family are longtime season ticket holders of Shamrock Rovers, and spend every home weekend at Tallaght Stadium. On top of this, we're also a family of wrestling fanatics, hence the reason I've ended up with this name (I don't know why my parents couldn't have chosen Adam, but hey, it works). I grew up practicing my wrestling moves, spearing anyone who would let me, and spending most of my free time down at the football pitch, but I never exactly excelled. Sure, I was manageable, and I'd rack up a few goals and assists here or there, but it was never my calling to be a professional footballer.

Fast forward to when I'm about 12, it's clear to me by then I have no future in football, and one day we head on down to the ice rink to skate for fun. I don't exactly remember much of the day, but I'm told I was a natural. All I remember is it being a blast and suddenly it clicked with me, I knew what I wanted to do. The next day, I was enrolled in skating lessons, and shortly after I picked up a stick and all my other equipment, and my career was off. Sure, as a fairly late entrant to the sport it was tough at first, but frankly, with the quality of the competition in Ireland the stars are always going to emerge sooner or later. So I've been tearing it up at home since, until now that I'm old enough to finally declare for the SMJHL, I've moved over here, and I quickly found a temporary home in Saint Louis with the Scarecrows as a DFA, and I'm gearing up for my first playoff run and hopefully can garner some real attention before the draft rolls around. Let's Go Crows!

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Messages In This Thread
S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past - by Mutedfaith - 04-12-2022, 03:15 AM
RE: S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past - by Rotti - 04-12-2022, 12:33 PM
RE: S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past - by Fantobens - 04-13-2022, 02:11 PM
RE: S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past - by Edgerocks1 - 04-17-2022, 09:38 PM