Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders

04-11-2023, 12:02 AMleafsftw1967 Wrote: I appreciate the support from community members and the response from HO and sorry for leaving you out in the first ping @Rangerjase so I am going to make up for it now haha. Anyways I just started spilling my thoughts when I came across this article today because I think it is a bigger issue that has needed to be addressed to help improve the inclusiveness of this community for a while. I have a ton of respect for @hockeyfan for taking my general concern regarding Russian affiliation/symbolism as it was and understanding its nothing personal against him or the players on that team. I know some may think its just a sim league but sporting events, businesses and social movements worldwide have taken steps to remove the Russia affiliation from things over the last year because of what Russia's actions/views currently represent (Ukrainian genocide and oppression of the Ukrainian identity) and think its important the league consider what associating with Russia means. I had this same view when the war first broke out and with a fresh federation head taking over I think it is a good time to further this discussion. I would be open to hear counter arguments as well if anyone is strongly opposed to this proposition.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders - by The__Y-man__100 - 04-11-2023, 09:52 AM