Create Account

S50 PT #5 - Happy Halloween

Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu is from Estonia, therefore, he does not celebrate this foolish tradition of Halloween, or All Hallow’s Eve as it is translated. The Russians may celebrate, but we Estonians do not partake in such ghastly holidays.

The idea of dressing up as something or someone else has always bothered Kalevolaripaavo. He finds it as if someone is ashamed of who they are when they dress up as a famous character or person. While this thinking may seem off, he still does not understand the reasoning behind the idea of Halloween. Most notably the trick or treat and handing out of candies, while also having mischievous behavior on the increase.

It also did not help that this Halloween, Kelowna teammate, Simon LeBlanc, decided to dress up as a giant garden gnome. His fellow teammates had to keep Kalevolaripaavo from taking his stick and chopping LeBlanc’s head off. This is also why Käspertommevisnapuu has vowed to never celebrate Halloween for the rest of his life.

Code:
~160 words

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I dressed up as a baby boomer for Halloween, or what people envision baby boomers to be. So basically I put on a shirt with the American flag, got a trucker hat, put on one of those things that makes my belly look big, rented a rascal scooter, and went around stealing everything from the younger folks and told them it was mine. I drove around the party calling everyone a snowflake and telling them to get a real job. They all yelled at me to sit down but then I told them I've been sitting down since I got back from Vietnam when Charlie shot me in the spine. I then just stared at the wall thinking about the past before I fell asleep for a few minutes. I came too and started asking people what they studied and then told them that wasn't a real degree. They need to learn how to dig a ditch before they can go to film school. All in all it was a terrible experience.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

[Image: 7pmwGOV.png]

@Eggy216

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Who doesn’t love Halloween? It’s a celebration of sharing and superstition allowing one to express themselves in unique ways. During Shepard’s time saving the galaxy he did not get to celebrate many Halloweens nor did he get to hand out candy to children. This year Shepard opened his ship to hand out candy and both Shepard and his crew dressed up. Kids came from all over Winnipeg to see the Jets forward. Shepard decided to troll and dressed up as Captain Kirk to everyone's confusion. His crew members also threw on Star Fleet Uniforms and they handed out candy till the children were all done. After the early evening Shepard then invited the entire Jets team for a massive party on the Normandy. A variety of different costumes were worn including cowboys, princesses, knights, and Street Fighter characters. Drinks were had, Monster Mash was played, and everyone had a great time. The Jungle Juice was a massive hit and luckily no Jets needed to play the next day.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

What did your player go as for Halloween? What was the costume? Did people enjoy it? Was it part of a group costume? If so, who else was in the group? (150+ words)

Luke Thomason treats Halloween very seriously. He goes all dressed up and this year it was no different. He dressed up as Johnny-5 from the hit classic Johnny 5. His wife went for the contemporary Eleven from Stranger things though. We went with Alex Winters and his Wife, as they went with the cute couple thing of being local Czechia folk hero, Santa and his Wife Ms Clause. First we all went over to our GM's house and had a nice halloween party. Though it ended early, as it was for dinner and some team bonding. Later, we all went back to the captains house, Barret McCarthy to party the night away. There was many thigns to do, there was a SHL 19 tourny set up as we played until there was a winner. Turns out, David Kabstra is really good at it. After that me and the wife turned back to our house and went to bed, exhausted. Unless...

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Bobby isn’t a huge fan of Halloween and always has a hard time coming up with a good costume. This year, he came up with a few options, and put up a poll so that his twitter followers could decide what he should be. Nothing like a little fan engagement when you aren’t quite living up to expectations. The winner, by a small margin, was the hockey coach from Letterkenny. It’s a pretty easy costume to pull together. All he needed was a charcoal suit, a Kraken colored tie, and a little plastic trash can with some fake bits of trash in it. His teammates loved it. Lane normally doesn’t get too worked up, but they got a kick out of him ranting and shouting obscenities at them. The trash can kick is always the best part. It was a little hard to explain to people who haven’t seen the show. If you weren’t familiar, you’d probably just think he was just an unhinged lunatic.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

With the Stampede making their playoff run, Bobby Sharp didn't have a ton of time to prep for their Halloween festivities after a long flight back from Hamilton. But he did manage to get a few orders in to the team's seamstress earlier on in the year so him and his friends could get costumes made in time for the big day. They dressed up as the cast from one of Bobby's favorite games - Super Mario World. Bobby dressed up as Luigi, his brother dressed as Mario, their friend Fred dressed as Yoshi, and their other friend Brian dressed as Bowser. Bobby and the guys went out in Buffalo and ran into fellow Buffalo teammate Monkey D Luffy @TnlAstatine who was dressed up as a turtle coincidentally. Bobby and the boys tried to get him to join as a Koopa Troopa but Luffy was having none of it and remained in solitude for the rest of the night.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Rex kirkby isn't the biggest fan of Halloween. It's one of those fake holidays like valentine's Day that don't really mean anything to the vast majority of people that take part in them. He does however fucking love candy and despite being a multiple millionaire, or would be if his cheap ass sponsors didn't make him pay 8.5million a year for equipment (???), he isn't one to turn down the opportunity for free sweets. The main problem is that all his friends thought that trick or treating was for kids so he basically had to head out on his own. Pretty much everyone he door knocked thought they were being pranked because why else would an elite shl defenseman be turning up on their door step but when rex insisted that he just wanted candy they were mostly saddened and a little disgusted. Someone obviously called the coach because he picked Kirkby up and then yelled at him about conditioning before dropping him back home after forbidding him to leave the house again.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Jagger Fouquette went as a head gm Taylor McDavid Hall or whatever the fuck that dumbass goes by now. He put on an idiot shirt to really signify how much of an idiot he truly is, adding an Edmonton Oilers cap cause that's the worst hockey franchise anyone could possibly think of and would really add to the vision Fouquette was going for when it came to his costume. Everyone in the entire locker room decided to dress as this person for Halloween other than Hugh Jazz, who went in some weird clown costume trying to act like it had some deeper meaning nobody understood. He then started profusely apologizing to me for some reason which I didn't understand cause I have 0 relation to his costume. Other than the shirt and the cap, the costume also came with no pants and a homeless man's shoes that we all stole from genuine homeless men to smell like our GM does everyday.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 07:21 PM by Bonk.)

The specters continued their short-term tradition and the team or at least the players without children went out in The Big Easy and hit the bars on Bourbon Street. Lil Manius and several other specter player went out as Zombie Hockey players.

[Image: images.jpg]

The crew started drinking at the historic Old Absinthe House where everyone proceeded to get primed by putting drop a couple of drinks of absinthe. From there the adventured continued to “The Swamp on Bourbon Street” where the crew continued their drinking by having a few hurricanes and then they took rides on the bars “Swamp Thang” the infamous Mechanical Bull Gator located in the bar. After everyone took a ride or two the party continued as the crew put down some “Hand Grenades” at the Tropical Isle. Where the players ran into a few female fans, who were also dressed as zombie hockey players and were more than happy to leave their dates to join the specter players.

[Image: 4b3b7cbba2b84df6369727cee2f18546.jpg]

From there the night got hazy but needless to say there was lots of smeared make up.

Words ~178

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Because Daniel Smeb is lazy and not a huge fan of Halloween he decided to put his brain hard to work to come up with the most amazing and creative costume he could think of. The result of his efforts and genius was dressing up as a hockey player. Daniel went through various Halloween parties throughout the night in his costume with his fellow Smeb brothers who also due to their immense creativity and tendency to try and copy Daniel also dressed up as hockey players For his brothers however it was a much more rewarding and special occasion. Many of them have dreamed about being real hockey players and playing in the SHL, and while all of them are also in the SHL with him they aren't really hockey players since they most just stand around coasting while getting carried in games, so for them this was a real as it was going to get. The overall reaction to the Smeb's costumes was bad

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Chico Smeb went as a Kpop idol. It was quite an obvious choice as he’s half korean as well as a huge kpop fan. It was quite easy for him to pull it off, he’s already got the handsome look, as well as the dance moves, but he’s a bit too bulky to pull it off perfectly.

The costume was mostly to do with his hair to get that certain style. As for reactions from teammates, he got some great tweets from his fellow teammates on Team Japan. They thought he fit the role perfectly and absolutely loved it. As for Calgary, it was the complete opposite. He just got chirped and eye rolled by most of his teammates on Calgary. Not a good look heading into unrestricted free agency after the playoffs. Just kidding, or am I?

Overall a great Halloween for Smeb and his korean bride. They matched together and had an amazing night hanging out with team japan

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

I dressed as Dracula because who doesn’t love a good old fashioned vampire outfit? It’s always sure to get the approval of just about everyone and never out of style. I had myself painted with fake blood on my clothes and around my mouth, of course fake fangs. The clothes of course were all dark, black as night. I also had a red cape that really put an accent and a statement on it. Then of course some leather boots that fit crisply to my ankles, all in all it really went together and got was I was looking for. I was not part of a group but I didn’t need to be, I’m totally happy being on my own. I don’t need to follow anyone else’s idea it’s way better to original and spontaneous. Being original paid off as I got tons of compliments from everyone especially after posting on social media, everyone following my Instagram was a huge fan and praised my choices.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

usually on halloween i like to go all out, commit hard to a costume or do some crazy makeup or some shit. this year i was feeling pretty lazy and never really decided what i’d be until last minute. i knew the party id be attending would be partially outside so i was thinking something practical... meaning warm. as i laid down to relax and get ready to fall asleep one night, i flipped on The Office like i do pretty much every other night. a bit came on that i always enjoyed and i realized it was perfect. i decided on being Dwight from the “Lazy Scranton” rap music video. SCRANTON, WHAT?! the Electric City! i made Britt be Michael but she was totally down cause she loves The Office. we went to the Goodwill in the town just next door and miraculously found the perfect get-ups just hours before the party started. those big puffy coats sure kept us warm all night while we watched everyone else freeze their ass off.