Hernadivic - Salvatici - Kristjánsson
Seppala - Kozlov - Sutton

Kirkby - Michaud
Fantobens - Biscuit
Foley - Baters
Giannopoulos - Lazer

Doyle
Jobin

No snubs intended, the thread team was overdue.

This is egregious! THIS IS EGREGIOUS!
I knew I was forgetting somebody. Sorry.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

02-01-2021, 10:18 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: lotta smooth-brained takes in this thread.
Reported for harassment

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

What a bubble this has become.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Why in gods name are we suspending people for an emoji? A gnome dab?

How did this place become a 10-ply safe space?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

02-01-2021, 07:39 PMteztify Wrote: While I appreciate not everyone will agree with this, I usually like to give my thoughts, and I'm fine with people thinking I'm soft. Maybe it'll fall on deaf ears while we all meme the first few pages of this. My initial reaction to the report was similar to all of yours - it's a dab, it's a gnome, who cares.

The thing is that, obviously, we have no problem with gnoming or gatoring people on Discord. It's not a punishment for that.

The problem here, from my point of view, comes more from the attitude Ragnar had in the situation. It's a pretty minor thing to have bother somebody, but the fact of the matter is that it did. The member in question asked that it stop, several times, and each time it ramped up. I'm of the view we could all benefit from a bit thicker skin, and frankly it's ridiculous to be writing this about gnoming somebody. But, the role of HO is also to enforce the rules and promote the activity of all members in our league. The rule is explicitly against excessive trolling, which this was based on the number of times and places this happened, with Ragnar even following him into his retirement thread. Because it's a pretty minor instance of what could count as trolling, no action was going to be taken. Ragnar, though, was dismissive of a message from a Head Office member asking him to back off, and I've come to understand was celebratory about the resulting retirement.

On a personal note, and this doesn't factor into the punishment - it's upsetting a grown adult former Commissioner chooses to spend his time on the site, after being unbanned, taking the fun out of it for someone else.

It just seems weird that this is the targeted harassment complaint that gets responded to, meanwhile after NOLA's punishment thread for me breaking the 3 lines rules in the playoffs, I got some major targeted harassment, including homophobic and ableist slurs, and when I complained about them to Nour, I never heard back. Still have not heard back to this day, over a year later. I took it up with Corey, then commissioner, and he didn't get back to me for months. Not until I publicly posted about the lack of response I was receiving from HO. Then, and only then, did I get a response from Corey that he promised he would look into it, and... then I never heard another word of it after that.

But sure, ban fucking rags for reacting with an emoji on discord. Dude could have just, idk, ignored/muted rags.

Ps:

get gnomed, chump.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

02-01-2021, 08:41 PMKachur Wrote: So I feel there needs to be some explanation here.

I'm fine with trolling to a point, hell I've been here longer than most of you. You didn't see the old days. The going was fine until I saw he went and found EVERY message I posted past and present and ignored it. Frankly, that was past the point of being funny.

Also to clarify some things @fishy  I didn't Unretire, I also didn't appreciate the smart-ass response. I will take whatever punishment the HO and admins hand my way for retiring, then trying to unretire, I own that fuck up.

The issue with Rag is I had asked him to stop a few times. The screenshot being showed was AFTER everything went down not during. I was already retired when he mentioned not giving me 15% and for what it's worth coming from him I don't want his help.

All in all, I had a part to play in this, I own that, and whatever HO decides to do with me or my next player I'll accept it.

[Image: image0.png]

Weird, looks like you tried to unretire to me. I also don’t give a shit if you don’t appreciate what I said, I wasn’t taking to you lol I was talking to the individuals that helped decide the punishment, just asking for proof that they gave Rags a fair warning which they haven’t been able to provide (lol)

Also knowing Rags, zero chance he reacted to every single message you posted lol that dude a lazy fuck

Ultimately the fact this was deserving of a punishment is a joke and a half especially after HO has ignored other shit that goes on in this league

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

i just hope the owners get all the right information instead of the spread of misinformation i see going around.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

02-01-2021, 10:44 PMfrithjofr Wrote:
02-01-2021, 07:39 PMteztify Wrote: While I appreciate not everyone will agree with this, I usually like to give my thoughts, and I'm fine with people thinking I'm soft. Maybe it'll fall on deaf ears while we all meme the first few pages of this. My initial reaction to the report was similar to all of yours - it's a dab, it's a gnome, who cares.

The thing is that, obviously, we have no problem with gnoming or gatoring people on Discord. It's not a punishment for that.

The problem here, from my point of view, comes more from the attitude Ragnar had in the situation. It's a pretty minor thing to have bother somebody, but the fact of the matter is that it did. The member in question asked that it stop, several times, and each time it ramped up. I'm of the view we could all benefit from a bit thicker skin, and frankly it's ridiculous to be writing this about gnoming somebody. But, the role of HO is also to enforce the rules and promote the activity of all members in our league. The rule is explicitly against excessive trolling, which this was based on the number of times and places this happened, with Ragnar even following him into his retirement thread. Because it's a pretty minor instance of what could count as trolling, no action was going to be taken. Ragnar, though, was dismissive of a message from a Head Office member asking him to back off, and I've come to understand was celebratory about the resulting retirement.

On a personal note, and this doesn't factor into the punishment - it's upsetting a grown adult former Commissioner chooses to spend his time on the site, after being unbanned, taking the fun out of it for someone else.

It just seems weird that this is the targeted harassment complaint that gets responded to, meanwhile after NOLA's punishment thread for me breaking the 3 lines rules in the playoffs, I got some major targeted harassment, including homophobic and ableist slurs, and when I complained about them to Nour, I never heard back. Still have not heard back to this day, over a year later. I took it up with Corey, then commissioner, and he didn't get back to me for months. Not until I publicly posted about the lack of response I was receiving from HO. Then, and only then, did I get a response from Corey that he promised he would look into it, and... then I never heard another word of it after that.

But sure, ban fucking rags for reacting with an emoji on discord. Dude could have just, idk, ignored/muted rags.

Ps:

get gnomed, chump.

Without speaking to situations I'd have to go back and look at, this is an example of a big problem I have with reactions to things like this.

People complain about decisions, but they also complain about a lack of consistency. What do you want? Should we look at reactions like this and take the feedback to heart and learn from it and become a better HO? Or should we stick to our guns and not suspend things because something like what happened to Dankoa - which should've been suspended - wasn't in the past?

Do you want to complain about decisions or consistency, 'cuz we've been having it both ways and I'm not sure how reasonable that is.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

02-01-2021, 07:39 PMteztify Wrote: The rule is explicitly against excessive trolling, which this was based on the number of times and places this happened, with Ragnar even following him into his retirement thread.

This is completely misleading and a false statement. 14 posts in the thread, none of which come from Ragnar.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=113644

Quote:Because it's a pretty minor instance of what could count as trolling, no action was going to be taken. Ragnar, though, was dismissive of a message from a Head Office member asking him to back off, and I've come to understand was celebratory about the resulting retirement.

Again, misleading and false

Quote:On a personal note, and this doesn't factor into the punishment - it's upsetting a grown adult former Commissioner chooses to spend his time on the site, after being unbanned, taking the fun out of it for someone else.

Seriously?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 11:02 PM by JSS.)

02-01-2021, 10:44 PMfrithjofr Wrote:

Ps:

get gnomed, chump.

I was one of those people that "harassed" you when that happened if that is the word you would like to use. However, saying you were on the receiving end of homophobic and ableist slurs is a pretty big fucking deal and I fail to remember these events ever occurring. Personally, I think you're full of shit however if you can go back and find examples of you being on the receiving end of that type of hate I will go ahead and retire my player and leave the site forever so you will never have to worry about me ever again.

[Image: 3.png]

02-01-2021, 07:18 PMRotticusScott Wrote: Everyone on the thread just lost the game

Good sir I do not appreciate losing after like a decade of last losing it.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

02-01-2021, 10:57 PMteztify Wrote:
02-01-2021, 10:44 PMfrithjofr Wrote: It just seems weird that this is the targeted harassment complaint that gets responded to, meanwhile after NOLA's punishment thread for me breaking the 3 lines rules in the playoffs, I got some major targeted harassment, including homophobic and ableist slurs, and when I complained about them to Nour, I never heard back. Still have not heard back to this day, over a year later. I took it up with Corey, then commissioner, and he didn't get back to me for months. Not until I publicly posted about the lack of response I was receiving from HO. Then, and only then, did I get a response from Corey that he promised he would look into it, and... then I never heard another word of it after that.

Ps:

get gnomed, chump.

Without speaking to situations I'd have to go back and look at, this is an example of a big problem I have with reactions to things like this.

People complain about decisions, but they also complain about a lack of consistency. What do you want? Should we look at reactions like this and take the feedback to heart and learn from it and become a better HO? Or should we stick to our guns and not suspend things because something like what happened to Dankoa - which should've been suspended - wasn't in the past?

Do you want to complain about decisions or consistency, 'cuz we've been having it both ways and I'm not sure how reasonable that is.

It can't be both? Why can't I complain about both?

I mean, really, why can't I complain about both? I think this punishment was silly, pointless, and heavy handed. I also wish that when I was being followed around the site and harassed in multiple threads that something had been done about it. The two opinions are not mutually exclusive.

See, it's too late for the punishments to come down for the stuff I was complaining about. I've already gone inactive for 6 months. The people harassing me already won, pushed me away from the site. I don't really give a shit what happens to them now. My point was simply that as a guy who's tentatively coming back to the league, it's frustrating to see HO and ownership condemning a guy for something trivial like this, while when I was getting hardcore harassed Nour told me in a thread to shut up and take my lumps.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 11:23 PM by frithjofr.)

02-01-2021, 11:02 PMJSS Wrote: I was one of those people that "harassed" you when that happened if that is the word you would like to use. However, saying you were on the receiving end of homophobic and ableist slurs is a pretty big fucking deal and I fail to remember these events ever occurring. Personally, I think you're full of shit however if you can go back and find examples of you being on the receiving end of that type of hate I will go ahead and retire my player and leave the site forever so you will never have to worry about me ever again.

These are just two of the ones I dug up. And you know what, you got me. You didn't use any homophobic slurs, you just inferred that I was speaking up because I looking for dick.

Also, harassment is the word I would like to use. You followed me to multiple threads, responded to multiple comments in each with hostile, aggressive language in each and every comment. Usually insults directed at me. That's literally textbook harassment. Nice of you to try and weasel out of it, and to flaunt how you're always so smart. You could never harass people, because you only use the widdle insults, not full blown scary slurs! You just tip toe right on up to the edge of the rules to make sure you don't get punished.

[Image: mDpdVEA.png]

[Image: R2r3BGG.png]

02-01-2021, 11:18 PMfrithjofr Wrote:
02-01-2021, 11:02 PMJSS Wrote: I was one of those people that "harassed" you when that happened if that is the word you would like to use. However, saying you were on the receiving end of homophobic and ableist slurs is a pretty big fucking deal and I fail to remember these events ever occurring. Personally, I think you're full of shit however if you can go back and find examples of you being on the receiving end of that type of hate I will go ahead and retire my player and leave the site forever so you will never have to worry about me ever again.

These are just two of the ones I dug up. And you know what, you got me. You didn't use any homophobic slurs, you just inferred that I was speaking up because I looking for dick.

Ok even in the first post that's not what I was trying to say at all, you can't be going around telling people I called you homophobic slurs for a year just to come back with this

02-01-2021, 11:18 PMfrithjofr Wrote:

Also, harassment is the word I would like to use. You followed me to multiple threads, responded to multiple comments in each with hostile, aggressive language in each and every comment. Usually insults directed at me. That's literally textbook harassment. Nice of you to try and weasel out of it, and to flaunt how you're always so smart. You could never harass people, because you only use the widdle insults, not full blown scary slurs! You just tip toe right on up to the edge of the rules to make sure you don't get punished.

I've barely replied to you in any threads since then if any at all. I've been barely active on the forums since recreating but go on man, keep spreading lies cause that's all we do on the internet nowadays right? You have a tough life ahead of you if this is what you call harassment and bullying