Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

PHP Code:
The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11) 

With the rate that players are getting assist in the SHL this season as we have transferred to FHM. I feel it is very likely that someone will past 60 this season, maybe even multiple people

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

FOR. I think it's very obvious at this point that Toronto is far and away the worst team in the SHL this season. That title is 100% there's for the taking and I don't think they'll even come close to finishing 15th. Better luck next year fellas, but enjoy those great lottery odds.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 09:53 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP
FOR

Call me biased here, but I'm quite proud of what I have accomplished with the transition to the new sim engine. FHM has proven the elite level that I am capable of playing at without the fickleness and limitations of STHS getting in my way. The breakout year my player, Ola Wagstrom, has been having, has been not only practically at a point per game pace, but also a goal per game pace, with an astonishing 33 goals on 35 games. Flacko Lagerfield has two more points than me at the time of writing, but he has also played 4 more games. And despite being on a team with one of the least games played so far, I'm leading by 8 goals and have racked up 53 points in just 35 games. This is already my second best season of my entire career, and if I can keep it up, I should be able to challenge for the highest point total in the league as well as my own career personal best.

Years of training have lead up to this moment. I'm over 2.1K TPE, I worked tirelessly to separate myself from the pack. Some say SHL is a marathon, not a sprint, but I've turned it into both. My work ethic is finally paying off and the fruits of my labor are showing on the ice. I could end up hitting the TPE record even though there was more TPE available in the past, a feat that would be noteworthy on its own without my impressive on-ice numbers. And I've been able to give my team offense without being a defensive liability. I can play a ton of minutes per game, and of the shots I take, I don't miss any. I'm a goalie's worst nightmare. A monster on the power play, with 13 power play goals so far and hopefully more to come. I've always wanted to be like Steven Stamkos, and now I can finally look to lead the SHL in goal scoring. The hard work has all paid off.

And the contribution to my team has to count for something. As the captain and its star player, I have to have some credit, some role in the amazing season my team has had after missing the playoffs all of the last 3 seasons. Leading our division, one of the favorites for the Cup. If we do end up winning the Cup, the case for me winning MVP is even more solidified. New England will need all of its best players to chip in, and they can count on Ola Wagstrom to get the job done. He will work tirelessly, and he wants the Cup more than anyone. This is his last year before regression, so this is the height of his prime, a Swedish super star at his best. It’s now or never, the window is closing. Time is slipping away, and if he wants to go down with a ring, he will have to show up in a big way now. He will go for the victory at all costs; the quest for glory is just beginning. The playoffs will be the real show for Ola Wagstrom, and then you will see why he is the clear cut MVP.

Code:
FOR

No team is quite on Toronto’s level of awfulness, not even the flailing Barracuda. Toronto has nothing, a team of low TPE regressing fillers with maybe three good players in Kandinsky, Rich, and Carpet. Their defense is an absolutely trainwreck, and two barely over 1K TPE forwards and a goalie can’t do anything to change that. They need to be relegated to the SMJHL, though I’m not even sure they could compete there. It’s a miracle Toronto has won the 4 games they have, and they’ll be lucky to win 1 or 2 more in the 14 remaining games.

Sure, Tampa is terrible and on pace to not even get double digit wins. But they’re already ahead of Toronto by two games in the standings, and they just aren’t quite as bad. Their roster is a little less piecemeal. And I expect the gap between them and Toronto to grow rather than shrink. Tampa has better chances of winning just by scoring a little more and giving up less shots. They are getting shelled, but not at the same level, and ultimately, that will be why Toronto will finish as the league’s worst team. The North Stars simply are a lost cause, and can count on holding on to last place for years to come. The rebuild will take many seasons, if it can ever be done at all.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Against. I have a big feeling that Detroit will come in the playoffs overconfident as hell and they will choke to some random team like Vancouver or something.

(28 words)

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Against
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

I believe that the Specters will pick up the pace leading into the playoff run. they have the skill, the power and the goalies to do it. Their coach just needs to find a way to pump them up before the games as they tend to come out slow but get better as the game progresses. If they have that aggressiveness the whole game, they will not only make the playoffs but they might have a pretty successful run.

Code:

I think pretty easily. A team that's historically bad defensively and gunning for the first overall pick in the draft will definitely be the worst team.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Disagree. History suggests that despite having great teams Detroit always manages to bottle it come the business end of the season. As well as this as much as I like Tig and Nour it's always great to see the Detroit old boy brigade crying rivers of tears.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Quote:The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

While the Specters are a great team, I don't think they're going to be the best to miss. I think Chicago is the team who falls into that category. They are by far better than the other non playoff teams, and arguably could be a top-3 team in the East.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

'For' The Los Angeles Panthers finishing the regular season atop the Western Conference because their coach Mook has done a great job and is an FHM pro. They're currently on an 8 game winning streak and have a very strong roster to begin with, so I think Mook can keep them playing well right to the end.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Detroit will win the 4 star cup

I agree with this. Detroit is clearly the best team in the juniors right now. Nobody even comes close to competing with them. Obviously I want to root for Colorado but it's just clear that Detroit is better than everyone and they are showing it in the regular season. It should be a very convincing cup win.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

FOR: OK this one is easy. LAP are the strongest team in the west, with a deep line up that consistently wins games by scoring goals, and plenty of them. While at the moment it's close at the top of the west, there's no way I see that LAP don't edge this one out to get the 1st seed

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league:

For. Tampa Bay is obviously better than the North Stars and the standings will reflect that come season end. Despite similar records I think that Toronto's defense will make them somehow even worse in the final stretch here.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

FOR

Ola Wagstrom is so far ahead of everyone in the scoring race it's not even funny. He has more goals than most players have points, has a 13 goal lead on number 2, and is currently 2 points and 4 games behind the league points leader. Meanwhile, he's somehow taken 2 penalties in all this time. Finally, he will be MVP because these are the only stats anyone will look at in determining league MVP

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 07:41 PM by Flowseidon.)

> The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)

I think that there's a real shot that the assist records go up this year. We have a lot of really heavy hitting teams in the goals department, and with those goals come many more assists. I suspect that at the end of the season there will be a double digit lead between this season's top and the former record.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Nah it is his draft class mate Poopity Scoop. Poopity Scoop only has 11 less points as a defenseman with 42 yet that 42 points is a whopping 24% more than the number two defenseman. But what makes it even more impressive is that he is also one of the best defense defensemen in the league too. He's 10th in takeaways (7 for dmen), 13th in hits (6 for dmen), 11th in PDO (7th for dmen).

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]