Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day

I'm not sure if we've talked about them before, so at the risk of retconning a previous point task, Slip McScruff definitely has parents.  I think they were supportive, but maybe not.  Either way, Slip is a well adjusted adult who talks to his parents whenever he is obligated to by the social contract.  Parent's day is one of those contractual days when he gave them a call.  They talked about exciting things like the weather and how their lawn is growing in. 

Like previous Parent's days, they are having a cookout, but Slip will miss it again because he's out across the country.  Like previous Parent's days, he sent them signed jerseys and sticks which they put up on the wall.  Just like Slip McScruff has an extra room for hoarding random stuff he'll never throw away, Slip's parents have a room for all the overflow of jerseys, sticks, and Slip memorabilia.  It's almost like they are related.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Pbe pt - username squishes

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Grapefruit Lizard is way too young to be thinking of becoming a parent himself, however his parents have helped him come this far into the hockey landscape. His father, Orange Lizard was a pro golf player, so for Parents Day Grapefruit decided to give him a new pair of golf clubs, along with way too many golf balls, and a golf bag to store them all in. As for his mother (Grape Gorilla-Lizard), Grapefruit decided to give a set of chocolate from a shop run by the renown French baker, Le Feonst. Both his mother and father have been instrumental in his "success," and he is extremely thankful that he was able to grow up with them. They have helped him through college, and throughout really his entire life. In addition to the gifts to the individuals, Grapefruit Lizard is taking his parents on a week long Cruise trip, and rented the entire ship, so no-one but themselves will be able to disturb them. I fine gift for a fine set of people.

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Tig Murphy actually became a parent recently for the second time, his first since his estranged bastard child Troy Reynolds. Murphy and his wife welcomed their son, Kermit, early in the morning of Father's Day, which was a special moment and the best gift he could have received. Murphy is allegedly already planning a strict training regiment to acclimate Kermit to hockey as soon as possible, with the goal of having his son's outstrip his own fairly mediocre career. "I'm hoping he can be a perennial 40 point player instead of a perennial 30 point player like me," said Murphy in a statement. Murphy is prepared for the trials of fatherhood while being a professional athlete, noting that while being away on roadtrips is hard, it's still not as hard as playing for the Tampa Bay Barracuda so at the end of the day, he can tough it out.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Barry Batsbak is not a parent yet himself, though it's not for lack of trying. What he does enjoy around parents day is to spend time with his mom and dad and other family members. We all gather around my parents house for a big get together and have a big grilling party. Though this year with COVID-19 it's been a bit different. Not all of us were able to get come over, which was a shame, but we all know it's for the best. My mom goes to the butchershop and buys the best sausages and steaks which my dad cooks to perfection on the grill. We have beers, some bread and other snacks and the kids play in the yard and pool and it's all just great fun. I wish every weekend was like this. I just have to keep trying harder with the misses so we can celebrate it at our house next time.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Martijn both has parents and is a parent, so he had quite the Father's Day. His kid is just a baby, so for Father's Day Martijn received a poopy diaper. Wifey came downstairs and said, it smells you better get to work. For his father, Martijn have a little more than a poopy diaper and gifted his parents a trip to Japan. His grandparents on his mom's side had grown up in and travelled to Japan numerous times. His parents had never had the chance to visit despite expressing a desire to do so numerous times. With his SHL career flying along and not needing as much money for buying sticks, Martijn figured he could give his parents a vacation to end all vacations. 5 star hotel, the best flights, meals and tours that money could buy. It was the least he could do for the early mornings, late nights and long drives that they made to support his career at an early stage.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Michael fotted bought his dad a tv for parents day, it seems hed rather have playoff tickets but michael fitted is a huge failure and does not live up to expectations. He loved the tv I guess but hecking heck some wins would be nice he said via translator. It was at this moment fitted realized he needed to find some resolve and dig deeper next season, screw the tv he thought to himself a 60 point season with playoffs is what I need to garner my dads love. It was now when he took to the phone and called tom fiddler. GET READY TO PRACTISE BOY I need to make my dad love me let's go now! Fiddler drunkenly said no and that was the end of my dream as i woke up nursing a hangover myself. But hey screw it o guess the tv was good enough I'll now always be his second favorite son as my brother michael snap back is liked more.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

NSFL PT

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Darnell Johnson isn't a parent, not yet, but he does have parents. For mother's day he took a day trip down to St. Pete and took his mom out for lunch. Her choice, and her favorite place, Red Robin. Nothing too special, just some burgers and fries, and a couple freckled lemonades. After that, normally they'd have gone for a stroll around the mall but since it was mid-quarantine, most places were closed or very limited. No biggie. Similarly, on Father's day Darnell shot back down to St. Pete and whipped up some burgers for his pops, which was well documented in the Anchorage group chat. Darnell's pops has a habit of buying those shitty frozen hamburgers that come in the cardboard box, so Darnell wanted to show his dad the light and make him some actual burgers. Without going into too much detail and getting carried away with the recipe, suffice to say they were a hit.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Tor Tuck does not partake in parents day because he is not a parent. As his brother Tommy knows their mother died during the birth of his younger brother and their father was long gone by the time that happened to take place. For the Tuck brother most of the holidays are somber affairs where they do not do anything out of the ordinary and instead just work out like it is a normal day of the week. In Tuck’s advanced age that involves a bit more sitting around recovering from the workout than it used to but it is an adjustment period for him from a young man in his prime to a guy in the twilight ages of his career and physical fitness. Tor isn’t the type to go off on others for celebrating things that he does not so he is happy to wish the other parents in his life and on the Blizzard congratulations on little holidays such as these.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Rikard does not have children at the moment and is purely focusing on his hockey career currently. While he does not have children of his own, he does have his parents to celebrate with. Rikard is grateful that his parents are able to travel to North America frequently to attend his games. While the pandemic has stopped that for now, Rikard was able to voice chat with his parents for Parent’s Day. Not wanting to risk any deliveries, Rikard promised his parents extra special presents the moment the pandemic is at a manageable level. Jokingly, Rikard mentioned that his breakthrough season this season was their present. Validating his all the hard work and the sacrifices that Rikard’s parents have put in has always been at the top of the list of presents to his parents and Rikard hopes that he can give them a second 4 Stars Cup come this season’s playoffs.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

Collin Gibbles is a recent addition to the world of parenting after his first child was born following the start of the SHL's 54th season. Gibbles had only recently announced the pregnancy of his wife Anna Gibbles(nee Kendrick) during the offseason, as the couple had done an excellent job of hiding the news from the public. Gordon William Gibbles was brought into the world during a long 2 week home stint for the Minnesota Chiefs where Gibbles was able to support his wife but still play his on ice role. Gibbles scoring production notably jumped during this time as he seemed to play with a new passion. Gibbles was not available for post game interviews as he reportedly left the arena after games to spend time in the hospital with his wife and child. Press were able to acquire the first family photo shortly before the end of the season as Gibble's family attended the last home game for the Chiefs. Gibbles has stated that he hopes one day to see his child play in the SHL.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Two years removed from Austria now, Cale Amundsen continues to keep in touch with his parents Fredrick (Amundsen) and Charlie (O'Koivu). Charlie, sister to former SHL Champion Olli (O'Koivu), knows the business all too well, so the distance isn't a new thing. This year they decided to surprise Cale during a recent game against St. Louis. Following the victory, as the Berserkers exited the ice they waited in the tunnel for Cale. Emotions hit hard when a drained Cale Amundsen trudged toward the locker room only to see his parents donning the red and black, while joining in the chant "Cale! Cale! Cale!" as he left the ice. A touching moment, as the family collectively embraced one another. Following the team meeting, Cale then drove them back to his newly rented condo where he made some chicken parmesan as he as been continuing to perfect his trade as he prepares to be called up to the Dragons in coming seasons.

[Image: Wally.png]

Boris loves parents day, it is the one time a year his dad Vladim comes from Ukraine and stays in New England with him for the weekend. Now some might wonder "Boris, why would your dad come to America? Would you two not have more fun back in the Celo?" (celo means village in Ukrainian). And while this statement is true, my dad rarely gets to life the North American life. I showed him what my hockey arena looks like (because in Ukraine all arenas are military bases now.... thanks Russia). I talked with Ace and he even got to join one of our practice session! Surprisingly he was better then some of the New England rookies, but Ace showed not interest in signing my old man (even though we plays defense and we just dropped SHL stud Ensio). After that we drank at my place ad caught up about life until the very next day

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Due to Tampa Bay’s season ending early with us just barely out of playoffs, only like 30 wins shy, the season ended early for Jakob. Given that I am on a one year contract, and future is currently very up in the air, I decided for parents day to give my parents the greatest gift there is, the gift of Jakob. It has been a very long time since I was back home in the Czech Republic, so has been a long time since I have seen my mother and father in person. Due to coronavirus pandemic, however, travel is difficult. Fortunately, Jakob is now a big time sports star between time in MMA league and hockey league. So, Jakob rented private jet from something called “the black market” to fly home in. Landing in small farm strip outside of small town where parents live, Jakob had short hike back home. Journey was long and very difficult, but seeing happy look on mom and dad’s face was more that worth the trouble.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]