Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jul 18 2012, 11:27 PM

That's your opinion. You said it before, we each like who we like. I personally don't like what you like, but I don't let it bother me. You like that, nothing is stopping you. They're the best to you, probably not to somebody else Smile

Yeah don't state your opinions like they're facts, Dion. I guess that's a bit hypocritical with my last post, but yeah.

I love this thread, btw. I've been looking for new music since I've been stuck on the same Meek Mill, Yeezy, etc. shit for the past month, so I need some new stuff. Going to try and make my way through this thread and listen to guys suggested by people whose tastes in music I most agree with.

Not saying I'm ignorant to other people's music, but I will not listen to a Lil B song.

Um lol that chief Keef post was sarcastic lol when I put Bricksquad that long don't u think I'm joking

What is so bad about Lil B? He is the troll of all trolls. When he walks everyone follows I used to be a hardcore Lil B hater then I found Basedgod is something special and there isn't no hate and only love.

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jul 18 2012, 10:27 PM

That's your opinion. You said it before, we each like who we like. I personally don't like what you like, but I don't let it bother me. You like that, nothing is stopping you. They're the best to you, probably not to somebody else Smile
Can't u tell that post was sarcastic? Personally I like Chief Keef but he isn't that good.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jul 18 2012, 01:24 PM

Oh and i could listen to Freaks and Geeks from Childish Gambino all day, lol.

Thank you for that one! Shits sick af.

Please guys listen to songs where Lex Luger or Southside produced them or another member from 808 mafia that shit goes hard. If you are looking for new music

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Jul 19 2012, 12:25 AM
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRVOOwFNp5U&feature=player_detailpage"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRVOOwFNp5U&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Eh, not a fan. He's ripping off of Eminem's style way too much. Needs to do his own thing.

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Jul 18 2012, 07:40 AM
New Eminem > Old Eminem IMO

I just love the anger he has in his Recovery Album

Just Gotta say this is the most lol worthy post here.

My top 10 (Right Now, but 1 and 2 will never change):
1. Kanye
2. Jay-Z
3. Nas
4. Big KRIT
5. J Cole
6. Freddie Gibbs
7. Kendrick Lamar
8. Outkast
9. Pusha T
10. SpaceGhostPurp

Also just for fun. My top 10 albums of all time with ratings:
10. Aquemini - Outkast (4.76/5)
9. Like Water For Chocolate - Common (4.8/5)
8. Reasonable Doubt - Jay-z (4.82/5)
7. Enter The WU Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan (4.85/5)
6. College Dropout - Kanye West (4.85/5)
5. Iron Man - Ghostface Killa (4.87/5)
4. Ready To Die - Biggie (4.87/5)
3. Blueprint - Jay-z (4.88/5)
2. Illmatic - Nas (4.93/5)
1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West (4.96/5)

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 19 2012, 12:15 PM

Yea...I love both Eminem's, but new Eminem can't touch the old one. Plus, as I said a little earlier, he had more anger in his earlier albums than on Recovery, lol...

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 19 2012, 11:15 AM

My top 10 (Right Now, but 1 and 2 will never change):
1. Kanye
2. Jay-Z
3. Nas
4. Big KRIT
5. J Cole
6. Freddie Gibbs
7. Kendrick Lamar
8. Outkast
9. Pusha T
10. SpaceGhostPurp

Also just for fun. My top 10 albums of all time with ratings:
10. Aquemini - Outkast (4.76/5)
9. Like Water For Chocolate - Common (4.8/5)
8. Reasonable Doubt - Jay-z (4.82/5)
7. Enter The WU Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan (4.85/5)
6. College Dropout - Kanye West (4.85/5)
5. Iron Man - Ghostface Killa (4.87/5)
4. Ready To Die - Biggie (4.87/5)
3. Blueprint - Jay-z (4.88/5)
2. Illmatic - Nas (4.93/5)
[b]1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West (4.96/5)
[/b]

Ilike

Dark Fantasy is probably my favorite from that album

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 19 2012, 08:42 AM

Yea...I love both Eminem's, but new Eminem can't touch the old one. Plus, as I said a little earlier, he had more anger in his earlier albums than on Recovery, lol...

yea seriously, wanna talk anger, listen to Kim and Kill you and it would change anyone's mind

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 19 2012, 12:58 PM

yea seriously, wanna talk anger, listen to Kim and Kill you and it would change anyone's mind

The Way I Am as well. Literally, he just screams on both that and Kim.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 19 2012, 10:51 AM

Eh, not a fan. He's ripping off of Eminem's style way too much. Needs to do his own thing.
He's not so much ripping Eminem, it's the genre of music. "Horrocore" or whatever. I personally like Hopsin quite a bit. Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 is 10x as better than that one just for comedic and lyrical value alone but I gotta say he went pretty hard on Ill Mind of Hopsin 5

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 19 2012, 12:27 PM

He's not so much ripping Eminem, it's the genre of music. "Horrocore" or whatever. I personally like Hopsin quite a bit. Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 is 10x as better than that one just for comedic and lyrical value alone but I gotta say he went pretty hard on Ill Mind of Hopsin 5
not every horrocore artist sounds exactly like eminem
i dont mind hopsin tho...hes ok

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 19 2012, 01:27 PM

Other guys have done horrorcore and don't sound like Eminem...

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Jul 19 2012, 12:28 PM

not every horrocore artist sounds exactly like eminem
i dont mind hopsin tho...hes ok
No but the genre itself might as well be based off of Em, he's the one who really brought it mainstream. Some songs Hops undeniably sounds almost identical to Em but others you can tell he's got his own style too. He's definitely got one of the best flows out there imo.

Especially considering he produces all his own songs and has his own label

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bULBnef6w6k

My favorite Hop

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]