Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

one cw trivia three tpe

cwdonefrickyouass

three new year new me three tpe

ok yeah so you wanna know what a real american does for all the new year resolutions first off nothing i did this season was wrong at all and that we as a team were victims of an incredible display of unconstitutional bafoonery from the entire government that oversees this hockey league so first off my new years resolution is to clear the swamp of all these low t chumps who just cant handle real hard american men running this league and being the defacto number ones without paying off the refs second there is no second once we finally overthrow all the left wings in the league there we can truly grit it up with some better rules that will allow the real teams to win first off day one elbows are legal get em way up and from there we continue to break down all these new age snowshower rules that held us down and once again to make hockey great again

seven milestones two tpe

link

fifteen iihf analysis three tpe

ok so yeah first of all the fact that this interviewer had the audio dacity to ask me whether or not i had any predictions for the iihf tournament is incredibly disrespectful of my service in the united states coast guard a service for which you are welcome that i served there are no predictions to be made the bible and constitution and many teachings at my florida ice rink with attached church all make vague but prophet like predictions that america is the number one in the world due to our freedoms and ability to juice up like no one has never seen before these little puny countries dont even have diesel trucks how can they be good hockey players and also a vast majority of americans couldnt point out any of these counties on a globe so first does that even mean they exist and two if it isnt in the bible it isnt on my mind

twenty two rigged three tpe

ok yeah so first of all what you really need to understand and get some real effort into doing your research into is that this is not rigged the only thing that was rigged was the playoff structure and regulations that eliminated my team this season we definitely were the better team and in no way should we have lost only due to rigging but they were way too obvious so first of all we need to make elbowing legal against left wingers second you gotta make it legal for babies to play because we got this rookie kid who scores a lot of points but hes also like fifteen months old so we really need to get this kid on the ice pronto and finally like every good coop were gonna get the league to admit to doing all of the bad things and the rigging so that no one will believe us and will just let us continue getting away it with because they will just go no way cmaannn theres no way its that obvious you would just say that but heres the kicker yes we would

twenty three acoustic poem two tpe

lenny
egotistical
narcissistic
noob
yep

that better be sixteen tpe or i will layer this thread in shit
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 12:31 PM by Wheels. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Bender
+3

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestone +3

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?
Well since this topic is about procrastinators I might as well embrace this and admit that I have no idea who won.  We're at the end of the year here which means Christmas and New Years which of course means family time.  I have been slacking when it comes to the SHL and SMJHL.  I know that we (Newfoundland Berserkers) made the playoffs however we made an early exit.  We are poised to make a deep run over the next one to two years and I look forward to paying attention to the playoffs for longer than I have in the past.  We didn't even make the playoffs last year so it's a step in the right direction.Well since this topic is about procrastinators I might as well embrace this and admit that I have no idea who won.  We're at the end of the year here which means Christmas and New Years which of course means family time.  I have been slacking when it comes to the SHL and SMJHL.  I know that we (Newfoundland Berserkers) made the playoffs however we made an early exit.  We are poised to make a deep run over the next one to two years and I look forward to paying attention to the playoffs for longer than I have in the past.  We didn't even make the playoffs last year so it's a step in the right direction.Well since this topic is about procrastinators I might as well embrace this and admit that I have no idea who won.  We're at the end of the year here which means Christmas and New Years which of course means family time.  I have been slacking when it comes to the SHL and SMJHL.  I know that we (Newfoundland Berserkers) made the playoffs however we made an early exit.  We are poised to make a deep run over the next one to two years and I look forward to paying attention to the playoffs for longer than I have in the past.  We didn't even make the playoffs last year so it's a step in the right direction.
+2

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word
Friendly
Redheaded
Youngling
+2

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

- word: mayo

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303444

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever,
we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known
as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a
championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room
celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL
related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
https://www.craiyon.com/

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1.../yaboi.png

Code:

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

- Outstanding
  Lecturer
  Of
  Fantasies

Code:

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management
skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the
playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did
anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel
about a repeat finals series?

- Honestly, I didn't actually follow the finals at all, because my sleep schedule this time around was all over the place, so I was never awake nor had the time to really check up on stuff. I've been getting a bit distant with all the fantasy leagues, but I do try to check around atleast a couple of times a week, when I can. Looking at the standing and how all the groups played out. I gotta say, I really like the parity we've got in the league now, with all different teams getting in wins over the old giants and I'm not at all bummed out at losing, because of that fact, that there's different teams now in the mix. I think this is the second cup for Seattle in a short time too? That's pretty cool. (138)

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)

We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an
advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal
location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in
any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments
to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra
effects this location might have on the game of hockey.  

- I think the obvious conclusion is that we head out to the antarctica and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this idea. We could have all kinds of cool stuff going on there. Like, we can have ice slides all over the place and even those running things, like what we did as kids in school. We'd run really fast behind the bike racks and then slide. There'd be like 5-10 of us and we'd be doing this for like 10minutes or however long it took to get a big long sheet of ice on the ground. Then when we got the ice path layed out, we'd either keep running and sliding or run up some speed and then lay down just at the start and slide on our side. We could do that and you know we're saving alot of money doing this out there. We don't even have to pay for any kind of heating or anything, just go outside, do the ice and boom we're done. Screw the spectators, videocrew etc. you gotta figure out heating for yourself. We could also use the penguins as our referees! They already got a neat outfit and they're not gonna do any worse than the current ones, that's for sure. (212) (Wait, which pole had the penguins?)

14/16

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word: terrification

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?
Walton Stromberg’s New Years resolution to help the team make the finals as soon as possible would probably be to retire. The road from a 15-47-4 season to making the finals is pretty long and Walton is already approaching the end of his career, so realistically speaking it does not look like a great fit. Another good resolution would be to be a better mentor for the young players. Rebuilding always involves a lot of losing and growing pains, but getting beat up for too long might leave a mark and make it harder to learn to win. So as an older player, Walton should be showing a good example: how to prepare for games, how to be consistent and reliable shift after shift, and how to take care of your mind and body between games. So just generally to show how a pro player should be. But of course, if it happens that Walton ends up finishing his career for a different team, who knows, the team might be in a different situation and then a better resolution would be to keep fighting hard against aging.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Paparazzi
Your player got a little too wild during 2023 New Year celebrations. Create a graphic of a paparazzi photo catching your player or your team enjoying themselves a little too much.
Police wasn't a fan of the placing of this jacuzzi on wheels.

[Image: kP1xtBU.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bake Off
You and a few of your SHL colleagues have been chosen as contestants for a celebrity episode of The Great British Baking Show. Show me a graphic of your player presenting their show stopping final bake to the judges.
[Image: cPMDvpK.png]

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
“Challenge Cup championship ring on Walton Stromberg’s finger”. The AI is so smart that it realized it requires at least a couple severed off fingers to get there.

[Image: n6m8wyB.png]

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!
The movie will be a sort of an origin story of a San Francisco Pride mascot, called…. (drumroll) …Pridezilla! It’s partly a dragon (hence the “zilla”) and partly a lion (from the logo). The story of Pridezilla begins with a shot of a box floating under the Golden Gate bridge. A fisherman approaches the box and we see a bearded, homeless-looking fisherman with a lion tattoo on his arm pick the box up to his boat. He takes it to his self-made cottage in the woods, opens it up and finds a tiny baby Pridezilla sleeping. The man turns out to be a local loner, and from that moment on the man takes care of Pridezilla. The man used to be a hockey player, but a brutal injury cut his career short. That’s why he loves and hates hockey. He realizes that Pride, the local team doesn’t have a mascot, and he sees how good of a fit it would be. He teaches Pridezilla everything about hockey and Pridezilla grows to also love SFP. Once Pridezilla has grown to his full size, the loner calls up Pride management and arranges a meeting on the Golden Gate bridge, right on top of where the box was found. The movie ends with Pridezilla shaking the Pride GM’s hand to introduce himself. He goes “Hi, nice to meet you! My name is… dad, what’s my name?” and the loner answers “You’re Pridezilla.” Everyone smiles and credits start rolling.

Code:
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!
Where

Americans
Live
There
Opioids
Nourish

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 12:36 PM by Michiganonymous. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max: 2ez

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE: S68 Milestones +1 TPE

[Image: michiganshl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 01:45 PM by CementHands. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

CW TRIVIA LINK
Pickles

3 TPE

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestone Claim

3 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Do we really have back to back SHL champs? I knew Manhattan was the finalists again, which is a tough place to be because it is so hard just to get to the dance, only to lose it twice in a row.
I think the playoffs were definitely surprising. I did not expect Manhattan to make it out of the east at all. And from the west, did not expect Chicago to win one round, let alone 2 and make the finals. I did think this was Winnipeg's season to be the team to beat, and Chicago came out guns blazing and took them down. So good work Chicago for that.
111 Words
2 TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

Finally we have a competition that people really care about! The Championship Creek pits the best of the best. It is truly a world championship unlike those baseball playoffs. It features the best tiny waterfalls, the most water moved, the fastest water moved, the longest distance travelled, the most energy generated, and of course the most ascetically pleasing.
With so many different criteria one might wonder how is it even possible to decide on a single best creek? Well that's why we have *drumroll* The Panel.
A grouping of no less than 10! judges from countries spread across the world vote on a numeric scale for their best creek. Then the top and bottom 2 scores are discarded and the aggregate is made up of the remaining. They are all judged on all of these categories, so to be a winner you have to damn well do your best to be very good at all of these. Individual prizes also exist for the best of each category, which is an enticement to go laser focused on one specific area, making the competition tougher. The grand prize is $10 Million, and each best of wins $1 Million.
Let the games begin!
200 Words
3 TPE

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Nuanced
Anger
That
Has
Awesome
Natural
Infinite
Exceptional
Lover

2 TPE

Affiliate Claim - ISFL PT
3 TPE

16 / 16 TPE

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:45 PM by trashae. Edited 3 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

dibs on winning

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Look no one is expecting a sudden surge in Teddy Murphy's growth.  The man is doing his best to cling on to relevance and just stay alive in a league that has already tried to retire him.  He's won all there is to win in his career and yet will most likely fall short of the hall of fame.  Teddy has never been THE guy on a winning team despite being a valued contributor on several championship teams across the WJC, IIHF, and SHL (Teddy's SMJHL Championship came after his departure from Kelowna and in a support role as the co-general manger). On his current contract with Edmonton Teddy will take what he can get and contribute as a 5th defenseman for a team with playoff, but not necessarily championship aspirations.  Look, as long as he's invited to the party at the end of the season Teddy, the grumpy old man that he is, will consider this season a success.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Look, the Captain's... one of his wives said it best in the hit television program How I Met Your Mother.  "Boats, boats, boats!" And that's how this thing is going to go.  Will Ferrel in his movie The Other Guys does a great job laying out the case for why a marine being is able to stalk, eliminate, and ultimately destroy any foe that is bound to the land.  While mobility is certainly a difficult hurdle to overcome it is by no means impossible.  Hell, according to my middle school science teacher we were all fish at some point or something like that. Not to sure on the specifics, but I can say with 0% confidence that we were all at one point marine creatures.  Keeping that rock solid fact in mind tells me that the boats can adapt and evolve to defeat the bulls while the bulls have trapped themselves on an evolutionary path and limit their adaptability for the upcoming battle.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!

To quote the great Cady Heron, "the limit does not exist." I can't begin to come up with something that a much more creative member of the site hasn't already proposed in their own submission to this very same question.  As the funny number is upon us general managers around the league have been trading for many seasons with the expected size of the draft class.  I myself anticipated potentially playing a part in the festivities, but have decided to keep dragging my corpse along in the SHL getting what little money there is available for the corpse formerly known as Teddy Murphy.  At this point I'd better start proposing funny sex things if I want credit so to that end I say: Sex Hockey League, Simulation Hipthruster's League, Sexon 69 Dank Class.  Look I know all of those suck and I'm doing my best.  It's been a long day and my creative juices are more drained than this draft class' libido.

Code:
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S68 Milestones 2 TPE

Beyond Prompts

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Terrifyingly

Enthusiastic

Dude

Does

Yeets

1. Chill
7. +2 - S68 Milestones

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. I would say this is definitely a different beast as this will give the manhattan team much needed depth to go far in the series. Since I am writing this after the finals finished, I can say that their depth scoring definitely mattered as their 2nd line produced almost more than their first line. This gave them way different attack patterns then last season where they had to rely on individual player IQ to be out of their minds as they pushed for victory.
b. I do not think that this loss relies on what has changed with Seattle but rather what has changed with the opposition. As we stated in quesiton 1, Manhattan has improved all around and that will help take some of the edge off the star players being the only performers in this contest. Realistically we see a closer series with one team eeking out a win at the very end.
c. I think Max has been steller for Seattle with taking the top spot in points this season, but the spread of team power is so vast in the SHL that a series against a quality team could see a completely different max manning. Tomas on the other hand has shown that he has success in all forms of contests including IIHF. I would think that of the two, shutting down Tomas is the real key as his hockey sense is through the roof.
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick. I think Seattle wins again. The lines are crisp and they are fresh off a victory last season which means that the players are involved and ready to win again. The organization has done a steller job at cultivating a back to back and I think it comes to fruition with another cup at the end of this road. They will have to fight for it, but they will get it in the end. This season, everyone knows Manhattans strength, but lets not forget the middle of the pack finish for Seattle last season. Look at them now right at the top where they belong.

Seamus had a decent rookie season with New England, but at the end of the day he did not really have an identity that really helped the team. His goal is to finish boosting his physical stats to contend with many of the larger players out there but also to increase his assist potential. Even though he is playing third line, his goal is to be a play maker and the fact that he did not rack up as many assists as he would have liked probably contributed to the mood swings of New England as a hot or cold team. New England wants to go all the way next season so look for a little more offensive IQ with a little more survivability from Seamus. Hits are not as important as blocks and putting his body there for the team combined with lazer focused passes to get those points.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.
As always, I want to play Hamilton in the finals and crush them 4-0 with overwhelming odds. Their domination in my early days of the league has forever set them up as a rival I want to go in a just break open until screams come from their players about how unfair New England has become as a power house. Obviously everyone wants a good series where the teams are evenly matched but the sweetest win would just be utter victory. As a personal goal, I would just like 100 shot blocks to complete the frustration turn around. For me it would also be the greatest feeling that I am back on the top. My former player's win with Manhattan in S52 was a little of a fluke and he never achieved more greatness or success and I would like this player to get some immortalization. I have no idea who we will end up against next season but look for us in the finals.

6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!
It is obvious that the only choice for the great slogan of all time for season 69 would go along the lines of. "Slapwhich Making Time". Why is this funny? because besides the obvious references to S69 being the most evolutional quirky season ever. I like the idea of slapping pucks into the net as a blueliner. So Slapwhich making time is an homage to a certain sandwich and slap is an homage to hockey. Combine them together is a slogan for an advertising campaign to get a lot of people back into a league that no one says in floundering but could use a revitalization with some new blood to come and make SHL matter again. You add the last two words because Slapwich by itself cannot sell the league, so its adds a bit of urgency to the obscene. So you tell me if you get a better one that this amazing combination.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 05:10 PM by FaraDian. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW Trivia; 3TPE?

guess

3. New Year, New Me; 151 words; 3TPE

Marton Diehm knows that Carolina had the goods for a Four Star Cup in S68 and is coming back with a chip on his shoulder. The locker room knew a window was opening for them, as evidenced by the second half of the season. Moves were made for a run to the cup and everyone feels hard done by after the way things broke in the playoffs. A few big names are moving on, but a massive core of the team will return with their eyes on the prize. As ever, Marton wil be in the weight room and on the ice to work on his physicality. In talks with the Kraken brass, Marton might be stepping into some Center play for S69, offering some grit and leadership on the third line. To fulfill the role his team needs, there will be some offseason work on his faceoffs and skating skills.

7. Milestones; 3TPE

S68 Milestone

16. A Country Built on Hockey; 171 words; 3TPE

When it comes to peaceful alliances, it should be easy to bring together the friendly, hockey mad Nordic countries of Scandinavia! Sweden and Finland both have great real life IIHF records, and Norway joins them as an international power in the SHL. Throw in Denmark, Iceland, and even the Faroe Islands if you want. Swedish players have made the most impact on the NHL in recent years (and that’s not just my Red Wings bias) but Finland has produced many stars as well. The other countries may go overlooked in North America, but they’re no slouches. We’ll go back to the earliest references to the region for TEAM SCANDZA, whose uniforms combine red, blue, yellow, and white with prominent Nordic cross designs. These winter countries of the Baltic Shield can rally around shared climate and history, comingling their independent identities into a hockey powerhouse unlike any others. Whether they claim the mantel as Norsemen or Vikings, they’ll be an intimidating presence built from countries that dominate other winter sports as well.

17. Neutral Turf; 183 words; 3TPE

So we need a sizable area that isn’t claimed by any country? I can’t think of a piece of land that some country doesn’t pretend to have dominion over. But where we’re going, we don’t need no land… welcome to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch! In full, the Patch covers about 62,000 square miles (that’s twice the size of Texas, y’all) but it’s super low density, so we’re going to have a little work to do. I’m sure the IIHF has the funds to push it all together into a nicely dense area that can support an arena, practice facility, hotels, and restaurants. If we need cooler air for ice production, just push the Patch north towards the Bering Sea; if we want a warmer climate to please the players and fans, push it towards the equator for a tropical tournament. And if you need even more of a bonus, all the beer cans, French fry bags, and burger wrappers can just be tossed on the ground because that’s not littering, it’s island building! The world’s best hockey is played on The Patch.

23. Acrostic Poem; 2TPE

Determined
Invested
European
Hockey
Man

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

CW Trivia verification word: chytilmania

New Year’s is always the time for improvements, and there are many that my player can make. One of the major flaws in my player’s game is his defense. While he was fairly strong offensively, almost in the top 10 in goals in the SMJHL, his offense was very subpar. It was a weakness in his game from the season before as well. He is plentiful in giveaways, having a takeaway to giveaway ratio below 1. He had a -16 in the regular season, more evidence of his lackluster defense. Another improvement to make is assists. He played the role of a goal-scorer, and will likely continue to do so for the Colorado Raptors, but to be one of the top offensive players in the league, he will need to work on his passing. The best can do both, and he is yet to reach that level. He is two seasons into his SMJHL career, and there is a lot of work to do for him.

166 words

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

This fight entirely depends on the battlefield. If it were in the water, the bulls would be helpless. The boats, assuming they are alive seeing as they already have eyes, would completely have their way in the water. Their mobility would be completely unmatched while the bulls are left like sitting ducks. It wouldn’t even be fair. So it would only be valid to entertain the idea of a different battlefield. If it were outside the water, things would become more contested. The boats would likely be unable to move, but this is up in the air based on our understanding of the boats. We assume they are alive, because they have eyes and can see. But do they have anything else? Legs or arms could completely change this fight. But we will assume they don’t, as the prompt didn’t explicitly say so. In this case, the boats are left motionless on the surface, and the bulls are more likely to win.

162 words

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Team Ireland is definitely up and coming. They’re in the midst of a re-build phase, with some excellent transfers coming from newer players, including myself. Team Ireland has a large core from the S68 draft class, and when those players start to uncap their TPE and as we get to their peak, Ireland should be among the top nations in the IIHF. The next couple of tournaments aren’t going to be super competitive, but it will be invaluable to find what works best with this core while they are early in their IIHF careers. I am one of the GMs of the British Isles WJC team, so I get to work with some of the Irish prospects myself. I’m very excited for the upcoming WJC tournament. I was one of the GMs for Team World last season, so it will be refreshing to have a roster with the potential to compete. But even if I can’t get a medal, the experience is irreplaceable.

163 words

Well, I’m not usually this bad at time management, but here I am. Seattle won the cup again, and I can’t say I’m too surprised. They were definitely going in as the favorites in that final, but nobody would’ve been surprised to see Manhattan win. They went on yet another underdog run to the finals, and took the Argonauts to a game 7. Again. Definitely feels like deja vu, and I definitely feel for the people on MAN, probably pretty tough to lose two consecutive game 7s in the final. But at the same time, it’s gotta be an incredible feeling for the people on SEA, and I’m stoked for them. Hopefully we get some new teams in the finals next season though!

123 words

Exquisitely
Rich
In
Kidneys

Milestones - +3 CW TPE

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

CW trivia codeword: Hope

Task 8: 

[Image: Sir_Devoir_locker.jpg]

Task 7: Milestones +3 TPE

Task 5: 

For a battle between bulls and boats, it obviously really depends on where the battle takes place. If it is in water, the boats will easily win as all they would have to do is just wait for the bulls to drown. However, let's just make this scenario a bit more fair to the bulls by having the boats be stranded on land. I think that the bulls would find the boats being stranded on land and just get really angry that they have invaded on their turf. I think that if all the 15 bulls per 3 boats worked together, they could cause quite a bit of damage to the boats, however another thing we will have to consider is that if the boats would have cannons. If they do, they can fire them into the bulls and destroy quite a few of them. So yeah, I think if ether the battle is in water or the boats have cannons the boats would win, otherwise it will be a long day for the boats.

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 11:49 AM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
FuckHamilton

Code:

Dusty Rhodes New Years resolution is simple. Take the aggression to a whole nother level. he came into the league to be an enforcer and has yet to drop the gloves in his 3 seasons in Anchorage. it is getting very frustrating to not be able to play to his strengths. is it because the rest of the league is terrified of him? Do they not want to test out his prowess? It's hard to say what the cause is. All in all though in the upcoming season look for Rhodes to be even more in your face, even more of an agitator, basically even more of an asshole. The goal is to get someone to tangle with him. How does this help the Armada? Well that's hard to say, if Rhodes can be used to protect the more skilled players the Armada may be able to win a few more games and advance further into the playoffs. That would be a reasonable assumption, not the fact that too many penalties might hurt the team. Rhodes prefers to think of it as a beneficial skill to the team and that's why he is going to go this route.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)
Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!

Yeah yeah season 69 lol funny stuff. To come up with a slogan though? Hard to do basically and keep it actually usable. But one thing noone ever realizes is that there's an even better number than 69. What could possibly be better than 69? Well I give you the number 77. That's really the season I'm looking forward to. And a slogan for that? How about this. The SHL is going to give you something to chew on, here's to season 77 where you get eight more! That's right gang, season 77 is much more naughty than season 69 because it takes it to a whole new level of debauchery. I'm sure you get the idea of the play on words. I think it's much more interesting since everyone knows every 69 joke there is but how many kick it up a notch and think like myself. Feel free to join me in the season of debauchery, season 77.

Code:

MILESTONES LINK +3 TPE - Milestones

Procrastinators

Code:

I would have to say the playoffs did shake out with some surprises for sure. The fact that you had the number 6 seed St Louis and the number 7 seed Maine make it to the top 4 is I think quite a surprise in itsself. Also the fact that the number 7 seed Maine made it to the finals is hugely shocking in my opinion. And i certainly hope that this is a continuing trend, if so that bodes well for the use of FHM which I'm not in the slightest fond of. I miss the old days in STHS where basically any team who made it into the playoffs could get hot and win. That made for some super exciting playoffs. it really is no fun if the top teams always win, makes it no point in paying attention once your team has been eliminated.

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Really
Hairy
Ordinary
Dude
Eats
Snakes

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 12:11 PM by the5urreal. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

moist
+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. Manhattan knows how to win in the playoffs, but I don’t think they are capable of pulling off the upset of Seattle even with a much more well-oiled lineup. Seattle has a monster of a team and one that is capable of handling the surging Manhattan offense. Do I want to see a Manhattan upset? Yes. Do I think it’s going to happen? No. [64 words]

b. The simple answer to the first question is “they won’t lose this time around”. Seattle is a team built for championships and they’re not going to let this Manhattan team, as good as they are, stand in their way. The Argonauts are just as good, if not better, than last season and they should be able to handle the Rage even easier this time around. [65 words]

d. I think I pretty much answered this in the previous two prompts, but the Seattle Argonauts will be the SHL champions for the second season in a row. They have a dominant lineup that will be able to handle whatever the Manhattan Rage throw at them. Would love to see an upset, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. [60 words]
+3 TPE

Code:

S68 Milestones
+3 TPE

Code:

Once again, we saw the Seattle Argonauts take on the Manhattan Rage in the SHL Finals. It’s no surprise at all that Seattle was back in the finals as they have a monster team that has proven that they can pull off a championship run. Manhattan on the other hand is a bit of a surprise. They’re the opposite of Winnipeg - they’re underachievers in the regular season but know how to win in the playoffs. In the end, I’m not surprised to see Seattle as the winners again. The surprise was seeing Winnipeg epically falter. After two straight seasons of regular season dominance only to be bounced early in the playoffs, I’m not sure they’ll be able to put it all together while their roster is as good as it is. [131 words]
+2 TPE

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Ambitious
Try-hard
Temper
Inspired
Captain
Unique
Spirit
+2 TPE

PBE Affiliate Claim
+3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 01:26 PM by Rancidbudgie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones (SMJHL)

WINGER
Goals -> 31 or more
Assists -> 45 or more
Points -> 70 or more
+/- -> +19 or higher
Penalty Minutes -> 20 or fewer
Shots on goal -> 194 or more
Hits -> 111 or more (115)
Takeaways -> 25 or more (34)
Shots Blocked -> 23 or more (46)

Fights Won -> 1 or more
Powerplay Points -> 21 or more

Total: 3 TPE from milestones

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

I would argue Manhattan not only has a more balanced attack, but a more balanced team overall. Compared to last season, Manhattan’s players have, on average, dipped slightly in offensive production with GF/60 in exchange for a more reliable GA/60, rounding out to a good high-scoring team with a more respectable defensive showing than last season.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

They absolutely could do it again. The main factor against them will be how much Manhattan has improved, and potentially overtaken them. While the league is coaxing its way towards a more balanced system with some parity, it is still relatively predictable to look at a playoff bracket and anticipate the higher seed will win, and Seattle once again are near the top of the league. Manhattan is more mercurial, and if they go on a tear at the right time they could definitely manage it, but the safe bet is on an Argonaut repeat.

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. Unless the opposing team has a dedicated shutdown line that can match one of the strongest lines in the league right now, they aren’t going to slow down. Additionally unfortunate for Seattle’s opponents, they have enough great scoring depth that the shutdown line strategy isn’t really an option for the vast majority of teams, Manhattan included. With the roster they have, the Rage’s strategy going in should be to outrun and outgun the Argonauts, rather than try to dictate a slower pace.

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

I expect a shorter series in favor of the Argonauts (after going back to my predictions with the benefit of hindsight, I see Manhattan took them to 7 games - closer than I thought it would be). It’s simply the stronger roster across the board, especially on defense and goaltending, and even probably on forward. Manhattan did a good job adding defensive pieces like an aging Rikard Bjerg to boost their play, but on paper they simply fall short in almost every TPE-total category, and unfortunately that’s a very good predictor of who comes out of most playoff series.

Ignacio Garza needs to work to better himself on his supposed strengths as a player. While he did hit the SMJHL milestones expected of a defensive forward (hits, takeaways, and shot blocks), I personally felt that his play was very offensively successful at the expense of defense (again, I did not get any of the SMJHL milestones for an offensive-minded winger… 70 points? Over a PPG for a milestone? Damn.) But I did surprise myself with 40 points, pretty good for a supposed defensive forward. However, my +/- was still not good, I didn’t excel in the shorthanded time that was given to me, and I had more giveaways than takeaways this season, and my advanced stats were lacking in many ways, implying my player was more of a defensive hindrance while on the ice than a net positive. All things I am hoping to improve upon for the next time around, now that Garza is past his sophomore year.

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

For any IIHF or World Juniors, it is always a safe bet that the two largest federations will be competing for a medal. Canada and the USA will be strong contenders for both tournaments as usual. Also currently stellar in the IIHF and WJC are the Finnish teams, who have benefitted from having the few Norwegian WJC players added to their teams recently. Speaking of which, the Norwegians have been performing very well at the top level for the last little while, but they simply have too small of a federation to field a full WJC team of their own. Down at the WJC level, the combined federation teams usually do well, with team British Isles always competitive and DACH being a powerhouse, they can’t be discounted. Looking at the IIHF, I think Ireland, Latvia, and some of the other smaller federations will suffer, as their current generations haven’t quite hit their competitive window like the Norwegians.

17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey. 

As a great opportunity to grow the game, the SHL IIHF should start a touring tournament with the host country being the birthplace of a former SHL player that is not yet represented in the IIHF. This would give the IIHF the opportunity to showcase the world’s best to developing hockey countries like Denmark, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, Australia, Romania, and Iceland. This would be a great chance to inspire future generations to apply for the SMJHL entry draft from places other than the existing IIHF nations.
If the SHL IIHF is determined to host the annual tournament in the same country every year, then I would suggest a place that was put on the international map by SHL players - the Land of Gumba. Already home to multiple former SHL players, the Land of Gumba has a small but passionate fanbase, where hockey is the #1 spectator-watched sport, and would bring in a great amount of viewership and tourism to the seldom-visited nation.

TOTAL TPE CLAIMED: 3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16 total TPE

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 04:25 PM by AW13. Edited 6 times in total.)

PBE PT

Code:
Milestones +2

Code:
Test

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

So, we have to consider multiple circumstances for this question and in general, have to make some basic assumptions as well right off the bat.

We are assuming in all scenarios that the war boats are equipped with weaponry but we can not assume the range or firing capability of the boat. We are also assuming in each scenario that each bull is full grown and angry. Our last assumption is the ships are unmanned and the ships are capable of moving on their own.

Now, our first scenario will assume that the battle takes place on land. Now, if the boat is metal such as steel, I think the bulls won't have any chance as they would wear themselves down trying to pierce the hull of these 3 big warships. Even without any movement capabilities and even if not able to fire straight down to the bulls ramming against the boat, I think the overall protective husk of a warship will hurt the bulls in it's own right. However, an old style wooden ship, say a pirate ship or another you'd see on the pirates of the Caribbean films, the bulls could pierce the ships and run rampant. I think they would still tire out but it is the only scenario they have is against wooden ships. The older, the better.

Our second scenario places the battle out to sea. Now, I have taken animal science classes and interacted with animals of all sorts including bovine creatures but I have never seen a swimming bull. Even without firing a shot, the bulls will drown. Even if you give the bulls a raft or something the ship if metal will wear them down and assuming they can move, can just float away from them causing a stalemate even if wood.

In all scenarios, the bulls would lose to a war ship without the ship even needing to make use of weaponry. Give them some space also and the cannons or guns on the ship will easily take out the bulls within a minute or so.

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Goalie
Under
No
Demons
Only
God
Answers
Needs

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey.

Have no fear, the perfect opportunity has arisen in where to host the IIHF championships and it is not just in a country but it spans an entire continent.

The IIHF is headed to Africa!

Now, I know what you are saying, hockey in Africa!? Yes! There are so many opportunities here and they all have their own purposes.

Africa is a continent pretty devoid of hockey, young hockey talent, and well...ice. The SHL or the IIHF commission would be able to pinpoint strategic points to open all new facilities and start a whole hockey pipeline right there in Africa. We have seen other sports venture to Africa in the search of talent, mostly basketball or soccer but there could be a lot of untapped hockey potential.

Now, this is a project that would take a long time so it is something that could come up again but as of now, there are not really any hockey playing or solid hockey playing African countries where any sort of home ice advantage would become a problem. If the program is a success, maybe we see a country like Ghana, Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, or Kenya amongst others start to put out competitive hockey teams and then we go back and determine whether we move it again or try this whole approach elsewhere such as the middle east in Iraq, Iran, etc.

Your biggest problem could be attendance and I have not thought of how to solve that but big events in some large locations such as Lagos (Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), Johannesburg (South Africa), Cairo (Egypt), Accra (Ghana) or other larger populated areas could drum up a lot of new fans to the sport. It would provide a lot of tourism dollars and help provide for the local economies to help strengthen a growing African continent. There would be opportunities for world hockey to take center stage in Africa and I am all for it!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]