Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

Jaccppo is not accustomed to finding himself in the penalty box. He normally prides himself on his discipline and composure and tries his best to make sure that he is not putting his team at a disadvantage. Now in the rare occasion he does commit a penalty he is extremely tough on himself and can barely sit down as he is watching his team kill off the penalty. He cannot wait to get out of the box and right the wrong in which he has caused. He knows how important every advantage is for teams and the last thing he wants to do is causes issues for his guys. There are definitely times that he gets more animated when he feels the ref has made a bad call though. However, that does not happen very often because he is normally very disciplined and stays out of the box. However, with the way this season is going he has been there pretty often.

Code:
162 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

#1: The new rule is a change on goaltender interference. Each team gets to interfere with the goalie once per game with no penalty. This can include but is not limited to, checking the goalie, hitting the goalie, or shoving the goalie out of his crease. A team must use their opportunity carefully. Any interference past that point is a normal 2 minute minor penalty. This would allow the SHL to see lots more goals and more fun. 

There are a few parts to the rule that make it more fair and safe. The goalies head is off limits. You cannot make forceful contact with the head of the keeper. This is subjective to the ref calling the game. If there is head contact, a regular two minute penalty is assessed and the team loses their interference exception. This keeps our goalies safe. The SHL needs to implement this rule immediately as it would also hopefully increase fights.

[Image: mattyj.png]

If the SHL was looking for a new rule to enforce, I think it's time for an era of extreme petiness. Too many players are running their mouths on the ice and getting away with it, and while unsportsmanlike conduct is already a call the referee team can make, it doesn't get nearly specific enough. I propose a set of more specific terms to what exactly you were being made fun of for with correlating penalties. Someone says you stink or your pants are sagging... Gentle Verbal Transgression (or GVT for short). Someone brings your mom into it, or jokes about your wife up in the stands? Mediocre Verbal Transgression (MVT for short). Things get truly dicey and race or sexuality are brought into the mix? Jail (J for short) is your new home. Players will be expected to sit on the center ice dot while their own team mates are expected to gently remind them there's a softer way through life until the rest of their line changes.

Make the world a better place y'all.

[Image: U66t7Jy.png]

Mac let say can be very.. uhhh... perosnable on his way to the penalty box lol. Mac does find himself in the box from time to time, actually in reginathe penalty box was nicknamed the "Maczone" and Mac's hits were called Mac's Macaroni. Well getting back to the prompt, Mac can be very liberal with his words on his way to the'maczone' anyone within in spitting distance is open game. The refs espeically take a bad verbal beating, the other team as well, usually its just a chirp about someones mother, or someone looks like a certain remptile or something like that. Inside the Box, in The 'Maczone' the offical inside the box has to where riot gear, like they actually give him riot shield. It is very common for Mac to go in with a stick fully in tac and come out without a sick. the video camera also get some of Macs love with his faces, very weird I know. On his way out of the box Mac 50% will head right back in after taking another one! Yeah its not a healthy cycle.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

It would take a seriously crazy series of events to result in Jon St. Ark ending up in the penalty box. I mean, when was the last time you saw a goaltender in the penalty box? You'd have to do some really crazy stuff to actually be taken out of the goal and sent into the slammer. I actually don't know what the specific rule is, but I've seen other goalies punch guys in the face with their blocker or do some preposterous slashes with their heavy goalie stick and instead of going to the box themselves, some other poor player has to do it instead. So if that's the case, I'm pretty sure Jon. St Ark would have to take his goalie skate off and try and stab someone with it. And if that is the case, they'd take him out of the game so he can serve the, most likely, five plus minute penalty sweating his ass off in that little plexiglass cage.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Written Option 1

A new rule was submitted to the league by Bishop Van Apeldoorn. This penalty would be known as Littering. The Littering penalty happens when a player leaves any equipment on the ice during play. This rule has various factors and levels of severity depending on the type of equipment. If a player leaves a helmet or glove on the ice during a play, they'll be given a two minute minor. Multiple of these items left on the ice can result in stacked power plays. If a player breaks their stick and leave it on the ice, they'll be given a four minute penalty. If a player loses a skate during the play, it will result in a five minute major. If an opposing player is injured by any debris during the play, it can result in either an ejection or a free penalty shot depending on the severity of the injury.

With the SHL looking to spice up the rulebook, they decided to ask SMJHL dman Kristians Mikelis for a new rule. One thing Kristians hates is icing calls. In an attempt to reduce icing attempts, Kristians asked for his rule to be implemented to punish players for icing the puck. 
The Rule: Upon a player's first icing during a shift, they will be forced to line up with their back to the boards. As soon as the puck is dropped for the faceoff, the player who iced the puck will have to skate to the other end of the ice. As soon as they touch the boards opposite of where they started, they will be allowed to play the puck again. Any player who purposely makes contact with the puck before touching the boards will be assessed a two-minute minor. This rule would increase action by allowing teams many mini powerplays during the game, with potential for more if the puck is played by the violating player.

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Written Option 2.
To be honest here, I know when I should get a penalty, and I know I deserved it. So I cant really e that upset at the fact that I got called for one. Even the ones that I don't think I really earned, I know I have gotten away with enough other non calls that I am still way up overall throughout my career. I try not to be upset with the refs anymore, as I have found that being nice and acknowledging when you deserve a penalty gets them to give me the benefit of the doubt when its close. Even knowing that I deserved the call, I plot my revenge against whoever I was drew the call. They deserve a big hit once I get out, and if I can't get the same player, I will pick their star player and blow them up, that way they know not to mess with me again.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Written option 2:

Jack Booth is a player who makes the most of his time in the penalty box. While some might stew over the ref’s call, Jack keeps his cool. He accepts the referee’s decision (right or wrong), knowing that arguing won't change the outcome and could harm the team's morale or his own focus. During his time in the penalty box, he uses the two minutes (hopefully, just two!) to get ready for his return. He observes the game closely, watching for patterns or weaknesses in the opponent’s play that he can exploit.

He often reflects on the mistake that led to the penalty, in order to avoid similar errors in the future. This helps him become more cautious and improve his overall game play. To stay physically ready, Jack does some light stretching or exercises. Jack always tries to turn the negative situation into a productive pause. When he gets back on the ice, he’s not just ready to play, he’s got a plan! His calm and strategic approach can inspire teammates, showing that setbacks are opportunities for growth and learning as long as you choose to see them that way!

WC: 191

option 2

My player, Leonard Wood, hardly shows any emotion or reaction to being put in the penalty box. He knows what he did and accepts the punishment. There is no point in complaining about 2 minutes by yourself. If he did react, he could possibly face more repercussions from the referees or by his coaches. So instead, he takes these two minutes to reflect and recollect himself. He sits quiet and stoic as if in a moment of zen. All of the sounds of sticks hitting the ice, blades ripping into the ice, and the raucous commotion coming from the fans in the stands fade away. Instead of a cold penalty box, Leonard Wood imagines he's back home on the lake riding on the pontoon boat with a Summer Shandy in his hand. He's at one with the universe. Then all of a sudden his penalty is over. He's caught daydreaming again and doesn't get back to the ice in time. He gets an earful from his coach anyways.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

I figured let’s make this really wacky, because why not? The new rule is all players can only turn to their left side. If you turn to the right side, you get called for a penalty. Now obviously this is something extremely difficult and would get called hundreds of times per game, so to combat this, the player that gets caught turning right has to get off the ice and chug a bottle of carbonated water. Until that player drinks that carbonated water the team will be shorthanded. Once the water is finished, that player or any teammate may jump on the ice to make it even strength. We’re gonna call it the NASCAR penalty since all NASCAR races have drivers only turning left.

One slight twist to add to this. If a referee gets caught by a team or coach turning right, the NASCAR penalty cannot be called for 2 minutes. This makes it so referees can’t do what they want and it can get a little intense at times. Don’t ask me how I came up with this, but this would be entertaining.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Option 1:

We all can agree on the worst part about hockey, those silly little skill moves that these “star players” use. They look dumb and make the game look soft. Our new rule is that anything the ref deems to be too over the top stickhandling will be called for “weird stick shit” and will serve 2 minutes, something along the lines of attempting a Michigan will be considered a major version of the penalty and the offender will be accessed a match penalty and will have a mandatory hearing with the Department of Simulation Safety. This rule change will allow hockey to get back to the way it was truly meant to be. Big strong beefy people colliding at high speeds and taking slap shots every single time they enter the offensive zone. No more of this silly between the leg across the slot pass or what not. It’s unnecessary and goes against the spirit of the game.

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Celeste is not above arguing with a referee. In fact, they're rather adept at it after years of doing so in soccer. But they pick their opportunities. Usually, you won't see them arguing with an official or throwing a fit in the box for a clear-cut slash or trip, unless the emotions in the game are already high. They'll typically sit in the box for their two minutes, get some water, plot some revenge that never actually has any action taken on it. Really, it's not too much of a concern for them, overall. A penalty is a penalty. They're working on cultivating better self awareness.

But the bad ones? They'll argue all the way to the box on the bad ones, the ones where they don't feel like they've really done anything wrong. And god forbid they take a bad call during an emotionally charged game, because they'll probably end up snapping their stick on the door.

[158 words]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

When Crazy Tomato II gets a penalty he gets very frustrated and will try and stir up some trouble to try and get the other team a penalty but it usually doesn't work. It also depends on if its a bad penalty but he generally will always complain because he would never admit he took a penalty. Once Crazy Tomato II gets into the penalty box he quits complaining. there's no point in complaining once your in the box as there's a very low chance they change anything, after all you don't want to get another penalty. When its a bad call though Crazy Tomato II will complain and complain and watch the replay and complain more, "The worst thing in hockey is embellishment" is something Crazy Tomato II has been caught saying.

All in all Crazy Tomato II is a complainer no matter what, altho he will complain less if its a good call he will still complain

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Code:
Written Option 1: The SHL has recruited your player to shake things up a little with the rules of the game as the league believes there aren’t enough power plays per game.
Your player has been tasked with creating a rule that will come with an associated penalty. What is the new rule that your player comes up with?
What is the penalty called for a player that breaks that rule? Do rule breakers simply get sent to the penalty box, or is there another form of punishment they must complete before returning to the ice?
How often does this new penalty get called per game?

I feel like the answer already exists within the game. Why don't we simply change some of the current rules to make penalties happen instead. My first idea? Of course it's the offside penalty. You simply get thrown in the box for two minutes in the case that you cause an offside. I think this penalty will succeed greatly at making more powerplays (or making hockey one of the most unfun sports ever to watch and play because everyone fears the stupid offside penalty). I think we can just keep the name. Offside is a clear idea of what rule it is and would make it easy to understand. As for more punishments, I do not think hockey is in need for that and the sheer stupidity of this new rule is enough of a punishment already. I think this penalty gets called a lot in the beginning as players still adapt to it but soon it will just turn into a boring game and the league decides that my idea was pretty stupid and recalls it.

[177 words]

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]