Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

The three ambassadors or musketeers if you will,is three memebers that would compliment each other. First out we have @Fantobens, the voice of the unspoken.the voice of those who enjoy SHL for what it is, a community and a fun and leasiure. Proving that SHL can be enjoyed on your own terms without rush and stress. Second out would be @kit , never afraid of pushing the limit.a member who vigorously will defend what he thinks is right and fair. Who will not leave a stone unturned to find a way forward. Who has been with the community a long time and evolved as the site loved on.
Last but definitely not least would be @Chris-McZehrl who has one of if not the best individual track record of successful player. Who's been on the site forever and bene through highs and lows. Who today is someone with wild but not insane ideas. Who knows what makes a player great.

RETIRED

Task 2:

My first agenda point would to actually increase the SMJHL TPE Cap I feel that the current cap of 350 TPE wouldn't be quite enough for the big amount of prospects that are spending more than 3 seasons there, the 3 seasons includes their rookie season. I would increase it only by a small amount to about 400 TPE and would actually lobby for the creation of another league which is aimed at the players that are spending more than 3 seasons not on their SHL team since they have been drafted. This league would have affiliates based on the Divisions so each Division would get a team compromised of prospects from these division teams. Great Lakes vs Atlantic would be fun and allow SHL users to actually see their player improve and see how their build plays out in an environment that is closer to the SHL environment.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 06:12 PM by Pris.)

The immediate first person who comes to mind is @DrunkenTeddy. He’s only ever played for one SHL team, admittedly, but he has held almost every job in the league, and has connections all over the site. Everyone knows him, he’s a very approachable, kind person, and he would be a great voice for the people. 

Another person who would be an interesting contribution to this new players’ association would be @kit. He’s a very vocal person when he believes in something on the site, and he would certainly have the drive to put things into motion for the players when necessary. He’s been around for a while, and has a different perspective on the league because of it. 

Finally, I think @ArGarBarGar would be a good addition to this group. He is another person who can be vocal about his opinions, and he’s someone that everybody on the site knows. He cares about the site very much, has been working towards making it better for quite a while, and would be another great voice for the people.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Task 1: The first member who comes to mind, is obviously @Pris. She is the current head rookie mentor and has been a mentor for a long time. Every new member knows her name, because she is the one who actually wrote the tutorial, so she would definitely be a great representative for players all over the league. The second member I would nominate for the SHL players association is the recently returned @King. In his former role as the Halifax Raiders general manager, he was very involved with scouting new members and a lot of players knew him and I'm sure many of them would be happy to be represented by him. My third nomination goes to the current Anaheim Outlaws captain and overall good guy @BDonini. He was a member early on in the league's life and has returned to it recently after a hiatus. Different than my other two nominations, Donini would be more a representative of older players, many of which are returning as well.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Task 2

Initial SHL contracts should be similar to the NFL, standard rate based on round/positon. How we get there isn't up to me. Rookie contracts should be a thing, three years with an opt out for the owner if players go inactive. Negotiations start after the initial contract is up and should be based on value rather than a boring TPE number. Some players may be more valuable to a certain team than others.

Performance incentives also need to be a thing but written into a contracts. If a star forward hits 30 goals in a season they should have an additional reward. If a goalie has so many shutouts in a season, they should be rewarded. This will have to be monitored closely, possibly with the mandatory fourth line, as GMs could give their friends more minutes just to hit those milestones.

All in all I have no clue how this would work or could work.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

If I was at the negotiating table, I would argue for a longer season. The NHL is 82 games, why is the SHL only 50? Think about all the revenue that the league could get with the added TV times and concessions and ticket sales. The owners and the players would make bank. Plus it is very hard to compare stats between leagues because the NHL is so long, so what is a 100 point scorer in the NHL compared to the SHL? We have no idea other than just trying to scale numbers, but that takes too much time and nobody remembers, so it is basically point per game or bust at this point. We need a longer season for that, plus a longer regular season would be good. People will be more active during the annual year because the season to offseason ratio will be larger and people won't have nothing to do as much, and we will possibly get more games per sim, giving people more things to talk about on a day to day basis.

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

@xDParK Would be a great choice if I do say so myself. He's been around since forever and has a ton of former experience from an updater all the way up to Head Commish/Owner. He understands how things work around here and would be great for the new players. A level headed, and very smart member to our league. He's easily my top choice and would be a great head for this position.

@O4L like xdpark, has a ton of experience in the league, not quite as high as Head Commish/Owner, but was junior commish and maybe the GOAT junior commish. He's probably the best person in league history when it comes to dealing with players, so any list like this must have ofer on it. Would make a great hand of the king to xdpark.

@Kylrad Well we need someone to do all the bitch work that ofer and xdpark come up with, so there's no one better than kylrad to complete this bitch work. Kylrad can't really think of much on his own so not many great ideas would come from him, but he's a hard worker and he'll get the job done (kind of like Rilester irl).

This team would work amazingly together, make it happen SHL.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 07:38 PM by DollarAndADream.)

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)
If I had to choose a few players to fill in an SHLPA, I'd have to throw in Maxime Bouchard. Bouchard is a proven scorer and leader on the Calgary Dragons, and always brings his A game. The next player I would choose is Willy Mack, because he brings a ton of personality to teams he plays for, with lots of great ideas. Last up I would choose Alonzo Garbonzo. Argarbargar brings a ton of experience to the SHL, and knows the league very well. He makes those Top 100 lists and knows how good each player is and the work they have put into the league.
@Weretarantula @Mack @ArGarBarGar

Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.
I have seen it mentioned a couple of times in here, but I think there should be some kind of reward for signing a long contract. Longer contracts are beneficial to the GM's, but the players themselves do not really see any loyalty rewards. Realistically, players could always sign shorter contracts and hop teams, because there are no real incentives unless you really like the team you are on. Maybe something like a cash bonus from the league for signing, but there is a minimum of guaranteed years staying with a team to get that?

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Quote:Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

So this comes at a great time because of my current RL situation. I don't have a lot of time to write articles like I would to get more money to buy training and equipment so it would be great if we could work on adding ways to give higher salaries without the need for so many jobs. Like I love being active and being here is helping take my mind off what I am dealing with but I don't have the time to take on a job here. So there has to be some kind of middle ground to offer more money to people like me who are active and want to contribute and be the best but who just have a time restriction. Also, it would be an interesting dynamic to see player friendly contracts with options like a no movement or no trade list. 

I think it could be really interesting.

A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb here, but the 3 players I am nominating are @Slappydoodle , @JKortesi81 and @Chrismczehrl. The reason for each of my moms are as follows.

Slappy - Hes one of the guys that's been around for a bit and is just respected across the league. I feel like hea someone that no one would have a problem hearing a ruling from.

Joe - Compared to the other 2, hes a new guy to the league, but youd never know by seeing him around the site. His opinions are extremely value and he knows what hes talking about, no matter the topic.

McZ - Honestly, this is the toughest one for me to make the argument about. Hes around so muc, it should be a no brainer, but no one can understand a word he says and the ones that can, rarely agree with him. But, 8 think McZ couls try and make the league decent with his negotiations.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

There should be more we can include in contracts that would allow them to be terminated. For example, in my new contract, I tried to make a clause where someone would play NHL 19 with me weekly or else the contract is terminated. I was told that that's not a legal contract, but why can't it be? If we both mutually agreed we wanted the contract to end, we could just use that clause by not playing NHL and the contract is voided. It would give the players a bit more freedom to hold GMs accountable. As of now I feel really GMs can only offer money, but for players who don't really want to be overpaid, what else can they offer? That's why I think we should relax the clause and player option rules to allow players to get creative with it and really make their team somewhere they wanna play.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

When looking at a player association you want strong members who aren’t going to back down from what they believe in. Here I’m looking at not only that, but also previous experience as either a GM or a head office member, or in some cases both. These are guys who have been on the inside and can bring that experience to the plate when they’re standing up for the players of the league on the whole. First I’m thinking @ArGarBarGar who has spent time in both sides of management. He’s a strong and long term member who could really be a great voice for players. Next is @RomanesEuntDomus who has also spent time in HO. Always a voice for the little guy I know from working with him he’d be great at this. Finally @Avakael whose another former HO member who really knows his stuff and is always willing to help in anyway he can.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Task Choice: 2:

If I was to sit at the negotiating table it would need to be an extremely round table. Once that was taken care of I would be happy to represent our players and negotiate on their behalf. Players are the lifeblood of the league and we are nothing without having motivated young players to keep the league going strong. I would ask for the new players to receive a bonus of 2M when they get drafted to the SMJHL so they can start their careers on the right path. It's fake money anyway, might as well give these guys something to work with outside of their 3M base salary in the SMJHL that first season. I feel this would be beneficial for new recruits and help them learn how to buy equipment, which would in turn help them be more effective in the sim quicker and find more success. I would also advocate for parm clauses in all player contracts both SHL and SMJHL, receiving a parm per point, hit, save or whatever a player's specialty may be. I would also advocate for players to receive bonuses per milestone reached. 1M per milestone. [190 words]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

The league pay scales lead to a lot of players taking the minimum for their tpe bracket, but I think the league and players would benefit from a more diverse system. I suggest that instead of a set scale for tpe, that teams have a bonus incentive budget that comes in the form of equipment (or equipment boost), and the player's performance can dictate what kind of equipment they want (20G= stick upgrade courtesy of the team, or a stick purchase for the player).

I would also ask for a system where extra capped tpe could be used for money for equipment purchases for the next season. The player gets rewarded for their commitment, but the money has to go towards equipment. This helps players earn money for their hard work, like a performance bonus. This would help increase the activity of the league, as people will do all the tasks instead of pick and choose, and the players will get what they deserve. This can lead to more new users sticking to the league and even possible expansion for the league.

[Image: kNutKm1.png]

@Blastmeaway

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]