Create Account

S72 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 08:26 PM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

eab

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Kurzgesagt

Draw how your team's season went! As long as I can tell which team you play for and it conveys some kind of sentiment about your team's season, you'll get credit.

[Image: 8.png]

Code:
13. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!

Congratulations, graphics-master procrastinator! Much like the written-word-loving procrastinator, you too have a special task! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

[Image: 13.png]

9/8

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

1) shuff

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

1. Cum
10. This season in IIHF there is only one team that is going to shock people and that is team Norway who are the perennial underdogs and have constantly overperformed expectations that are set for them by the general league population. There is noting fancy about this team its just good old fashioned hard work and gritt that carries them through each season and there is very little poor perfromacne that occurs with this teams management team in place. The onlythign that can stop this nation from shocking the world for another season is going to be the overtime system in IIHF which has been a killer for Norway. The 2 points for a win has seen them drop as many as 6 points in a season and lose out on a knockout stage draw. If thgey can get those wins in regulation there is no reason they cannot make a run for the gold.
2a. new England is the more impreossive of the teams. Just good solid team building for the long run by their GM. Id expect to see them survive at this level for a long time. Their opposition built around a peak and that means there will be some fall over the next few seasons which is sad for how dominate they have been.
b. WPG has to actually show up this time to win and get some goaltending. The issue for them has always been the hot goalie and for them to take the title they are going to have to be the team getting the hot goalie vs the team constantntly facing the hot goalie as has been the case.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: Mix

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. You can never take success for granted, but these are two of the league's heavy favorites coming into the cup finals. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. New England vs Winnipeg makes this a rematch of the S70 finals! What does Winnipeg have to do differently to take round two, two seasons later, in season seventy-two?
c. The Aurora defeated the Blizzard in their conference final, and the Wolfpack sank the Forge. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
a. I think the fact that Winnipeg is constantly in the finals is something that sticks out the most to me as a casual watcher of the SHL. They have kept on adding pieces to their team and really filling in their slots properly. They have a well oiled machine and if one person retires or regresses, they just get someone cut from the same cloth to slot in and they continue to succeed.
b. I think it is going to come down to the depth of their roster. I think New England benefits more from having the star power on their team whereas Winnipeg has more of a balanced team. If everyone can do their job, up and down the lineup, I think they can take it to New England and be crowned the champions this season.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cold Sweat and Frozen Tears (150 words min)
How many more kicks at the can will these teams have with their current cores? Winnipeg has been unbelievably dominant with four straight wins of the Western conference. The Wolfpack have been one of the best teams in the league for several seasons running as well. For how long are these two cores going to keep themselves in that top echelon? Which teams will be their biggest threats next season?
I honestly think there will jot be any stopping these teams going into next season. New England has re-tooled a little by acquiring Bruno Tooyo and really making sure they are not hurt by the loss of Paul Koivu going to Hamilton. The Aurora won the cup and went straight to the phones, making multiple deals and trading a lot of their future picks for current roster players. It shows the league that they want to stay a juggernaut and want to make sure that they can make the finals once again and not just end their streak at 4 seasons in the finals.
I do not see how other teams in the league will be able to improve their teams with the market the way it is. Winnipeg and New England seemed to have acquired the top dawgs this offseason and none of them regressed, some might say their teams are stronger going into next season that going into the finals. As a current Wolfpack player, I would love to see New England in the finals again next season, just maybe against a lesser opponent and not the Aurora.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Word:verified

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words
c. The Aurora defeated the Blizzard in their conference final, and the Wolfpack sank the Forge. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?

c.I think WPG defeating EDM was prolly more impressive. While both Edmonton and Philedelphia had similar points in the regular season, Edmonton had some high performers that Philadelphia didn't have. WPG also made it a 5 game series against Edmonton which isn't anything to sniff at either compared to NEW who made it 7.

d. Well I am writing this from the future, but I think I would have said Winnepeg if asked earlier. WPG has been reaching for the cup, always out of reach, You would have to think that they would break that bubble eventually. Not to mention that WPG has a lot of depth on the team with a lot of vets.

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Do you foresee any specific upsets in this season's IIHF? Any risers or fallers that might be hot takes? If not, why do you think the best will stay the best?

I think that as far as IIHF goes America will continue to underperform as they do not have the drive to compete at the IIHF level. Most of the smaller federations have that chip on their shoulder, and America just doesn't. I know they are one of the largest federations in the IIHF, but what does that matter? They don't have it I tell you. Canada however will continue to be good. Will they be number 1? Prolly not because but Canada will always come to play in the IIHF. Do not worry about that. Hockey and Ice and Syrup are in their blood. I think Sweden will pull it out again. They have maintained a good presence in the IIHF and I don't think that will change any time soon. So in summary, Sweden will do good. America will do bad, and Canada in all of its maple glory, will do okay.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Code:
Code:

Verification: oats

3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. You can never take success for granted, but these are two of the league's heavy favorites coming into the cup finals. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. New England vs Winnipeg makes this a rematch of the S70 finals! What does Winnipeg have to do differently to take round two, two seasons later, in season seventy-two?

B) Well its simple for Winnipeg, they have to get out of their head and play simple hockey. Being here so many times they feel the pressure and the nerves get to them. They need to play their game, the game the played throughout and the season and so far throughout the playoffs. If they can do that they will win.

D) I have to go with Winnipeg to break the curse, it has to happen eventually right? Well winnipeg is playing very good hockey right now and I believe they have the ability to beat New England, they will lean on their depth to help carry them through the series, and out work New England. Winnipeg in 5 games.

2 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Peggy's Back, Tell a Friend (150 words min.)
Winnipeg is a cup finalist for an astonishing fourth year in a row! To make that happen in the current era of the SHL requires serious skill and deserves appreciation. What is it that makes this Aurora era so successful? What have been the most crucial factors in their Western dominance? What lessons should the rest of the league learn from their success?

Well it is a pretty simple and easy answer, TPE. The more tpe your team has, the better your team will be and give you better odds of making the playoffs and the finals. Winnipeg has been at the top of the TPE lists for the last 4 seasons which makes them a favorite to make the finals. Now how do you get the most tpe you ask? well it starts off with multiple strong draft classes after you start your rebuild. You acquire a ton of picks, and use those picks on stud players. As those stud players develop, your current picks become less valuable. You can use them to package deal with one of your younger players to get a better player who is already more developed in his career. Or trade your picks to fill out the depth on your roster. From there if your team can stay active and fight regression you will have a very good chance at staying near the top.
160+ words

3 TPE

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Task 1
Verify

ISFL Affiliate - Username is FTR

RIP Mac & 701

1. Bender
3 Points

2c. The more remarkable victory that secured their spot in the cup final was Aurora's triumph over the Blizzard. Winnipeg had a formidable challenge in the form of the Blizzard and impressively surmounted it Although the Wolfpack's win against Philly was noteworthy, Edmonton had a more formidable regular season, underscoring the exceptional nature of Aurora's victory.
1 Point (55 Words)

2d. Just like last year my vote is for the Aurora. It was the same story the year before when I selected them then. They must secure a victory—it's almost a matter of necessity at this point. They've reached this stage so many times; it's inconceivable not to clinch one.
1 Point (50 Words)

3. After making it to the finals for four consecutive years, the question looms: Is this the season when their core players can muster that ultimate push? Montagne, Rashford, O'Neil, and Kinsinger have embodied the formidable strength, power, and unwavering commitment that have defined the Shiny Bears for an extended period. With both the skill and dedication to maintain their peak performance and contribute significantly to the team's success, these individuals have consistently received nominations, awards, and all-star recognition over the years.

The presence of such a formidable top line and defensive pair not only enhances the team's overall performance but also secures advantageous match ups for the lower lines. Thanks to the Aurora's astute drafting, they've been able to acquire promising young talents, facilitating trades for iimpact players. This strategy holds the promise of providing that final boost needed to clinch the cup this season. Thus, the winning formula for establishing a dynasty appears to revolve around effective drafting, shrewd trading, and stellar on-ice performance.
3 Points (165 Words)

8 Points Total

1.) Belly (3 tpe)

2a.) It really is not the love for the New England Wolfpack that makes me pick them but more distain the Winnipeg, as they did not have the decency to leave the city when they changed their name from the Jets. With Winnipeg turning my stomach so much, that makes New England Wolfpack more impressive to me.
Words ~59 (1 TPE)

2b.) The Winnipeg Aurora can try whatever they want to try to win the series an bring home the Challenge cup: change their lines; alter player minutes per game; change the head coach etc. I really do not care as long as the results are the same with New England beating the Winnipeg Aurora.
Words ~53 (1 TPE)

4.) The offence of the New England Wolfpack is nasty no question about it. Their success is not limited to have two defensemen and seven forwards averaged more than point per game. It is true that Ivan Lackasmus averaged over two points per game, which is crazy, but their offence power come from the team. The New England Wolfpack scored a league leading 364 goals. While only giving up 216 goals, not the greatest in the league but solid defensive showing. Those numbers provided for a league leading goals differential of plus 148. Additionally of note, everyone is talking Ivan Lackasmus over two points per game, although he is not top five in the New England when it come to plus/minus, those team leaders are names like Sven Svechnikov, Sean Davies, and Jayson Aittokallio make up that list. The unsung heroes that make the teams strong. So inclosing hockey is not a sport dependent on one player but team sport that needs a team effort.
Words ~164 (3 TPE)

Total TPE 8

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 10:35 PM by MyLittleHexx. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. virginbuttstuff (1.5, potential max of 3)

3. (3 tpe)
What has made Winnipeg a up finalist for the fourth year in a row? Passion, a will to succeed. They work hard on and off the ice. Nothing breaks their mental focus, they don't let the lows be lows. They are alphas, not some betas that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They practice hard because they play hard. During the season, they are disciplined like no other. No alcohol, no weed, just pure and uncut steroids. No contact with family, including kids and wives. The only outside contact they have with the world during the season is when they are on the bench during the game. Other than that, they are isolated and kept in low light rooms when possible. They are feral animals, and feral animals survive. They became the best of the best through intense preparation and questionable methods. Oh also the GMs double trading fifth round drafts picks didn't hurt.

5. (3 tpe)
How long can the cores of each of these teams keep the train going? To keep the run alive. To keep showing up in playoffs. To keep running the gambit. To put together good seasons. To keep showing up to the ball. Well it's easy, they have one, two seasons left in the tank. The bottom will fall out. The core will age out. The teams will get younger and less experienced. Mistakes will be made. Accidents will happen. Fans will be embarrassed. Players will be embarrassed. Coaches and GMs will be furious. It's the circle of life, and we're just living in it. Their shelf lives are coming to an end. They are about to expire. Time is almost up. It won't be long before they are in a rebuild, spending 14 seasons before they even think of making it to the finals again. All pain, no gain. Which teams will be their biggest threats next season? Easy, they will be their own biggest threats. The biggest enemy is the enemy within.

9/8 potentially

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Code:
pax

Code:
a. Winnipeg's roster and cap management is top tier. They've somehow managed to continuously have the top TPE team in the SHL, and seemingly always manage to improve their roster every offseason without running into cap issues. New England has managed to build a cup winning team without doing a long rebuild which is encouraging to see as tanking has become a norm in the league.
c. Both cup finalists had to defeat strong opponents to make their way into the Challenge Cup finals. The Aurora, for the first time in a few years, had a legitimate challenge in the Western conference and had to take down the high octane Blizzard team. However, the east has been the stronger conference for several season now, and I think beating the Forge is more impressive.

Code:
Winnipeg is a cup finalist for an astonishing fourth year in a row! To make that happen in the current era of the SHL requires serious skill and deserves appreciation. What is it that makes this Aurora era so successful? What have been the most crucial factors in their Western dominance? What lessons should the rest of the league learn from their success?
The Aurora management have done an incredible job in building their team. They have had by far the highest TPE in the league for several seasons now, and frankly have been let down by FHM and perhaps their coaching in the playoffs. The core of the Aurora team is built off a strong draft history, particularly the S62 draft class from which they have an entire starting lineup. They have also found great value in the trade market, trading away non-essential pieces like a Ryuuji Kawashima who were aging out of their primes and who didn't align with their timeline in return for a boatload of futures. They have then used these assets to trade for players like a Max Manning to further bolster their already stacked team. They have also benefitted from a weak Western conference, as their rise coincided with the downfall of the Argonauts. However the Blizzard seem well set up to challenge for superiority in the West so Winnipeg may have a greater challenge ahead in upcoming seasons.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:

Verification: Burp!

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

greatness

5. Written, 3 TPE, Cold Sweat and Frozen Tears (150 words min)
How many more kicks at the can will these teams have with their current cores? Winnipeg has been unbelievably dominant with four straight wins of the Western conference. The Wolfpack have been one of the best teams in the league for several seasons running as well. For how long are these two cores going to keep themselves in that top echelon? Which teams will be their biggest threats next season?

Without a doubt Winnipeg and New England are 2 of the best teams in the league, and while they are both dominant they are built somewhat differently. Winnipeg has built an amazing core with Goalie Rebecca Montagne, defenseman Jay O'Neil and forwards Mikko Rashford, Spack Jarrow, and Elias Ekholm-Gunnarson all over the 2k TPE mark as long as they can keep those 5 players around they will always be contenders, plus only 3 players on the roster are under 1.5k TPE and out of those 3 one of them is a rookie. Prospect wise outside of rookie Sydney Shaw and soon to be rookie James Ward-Prowse the cupboard is bare, but I know Ace and he always has tricks up his sleeve. That being said the Aurora are the unquestioned kings of the West and probably the SHL for the foreseeable future. While not as stacked as Winnipeg, New England has a deep and great set of forwards and a really good balance of veterans, prime players, and young guns. Their prospect pool isn't going to be high on many lists but have 3 good young players that can be helpful in the future. New England is an incredible solid team and very consistent with this being their 2nd Cup appearance in 3 seasons, the reason I don't think NEW's foreseeable future isn't as bright as Winnipeg's is because of their conference where you always have teams like Atlanta and Buffalo nipping at the heels.

You can never take success for granted, but these are two of the league's heavy favorites coming into the cup finals. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!

What impresses me the most about Winnipeg is just the massive amount of talent they have, they have 3 unbelievable forwards along with top players at defensemen and goalie. Keeping all that talent and just being dominant year in and year out is just insane. Not to say NEW isn't but 5 players over 2k TPE is just incredible.

If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

I feel like I've said this the past 2 seasons but I believe this is the season for Winnipeg, they have the TPE advantage, they have the depth and I don't think it's possible to get sim lucked 4 seasons in a row. Winnipeg finally wins it and possible kicks off a dynasty that matches some of the best ones we've seen in the past.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
a. I would certainly choose the Winnipeg Aurora, not just because I am on their team, but because they have made it to the cup finals 4 seasons in a row and have an itch on their back that they need to scratch in finally lifting the cup. No offense to the New England Wolfpack, but I think the Aurora want it more. (62 words)
b. I think for Winnipeg to beat New England this time around, they really do not have to do anything too special in my opinion. They just need to stick to their game plan, do not deviate too much and get caught up in line matching or changing strategies last minute. Consistency will be key in getting them the win! (59 words)
c. I would have to say that the Winnipeg Aurora defeating the Edmonton Blizzard would be the more impressive victory because between the two series, the Aurora and Blizzard were only separated by 1 point in the regular season and a goal differential of 5 whereas the New England Wolfpack just dominated other teams a lot more, widening their comparative gap. (60 words)

Code:
Well what I believe makes the Winnipeg Aurora so successful in this current era of the SHL is that the team has been rebuilt together for the most part and therefore have come up together in TPE together, building chemistry as they go. As players regress, their solid multiple seasons of drafting have kept their team relevant, but certainly this will fall sometime soon as they have traded away top picks to keep up this competitive team by acquiring top end players to mitigate the retool. Off of the ice and as a player entered the team this season, the dedication and friendly locker room environment really keeps the team going and the spirits of the team high. Finally, this spirit and competitiveness is able to attract the likes of other players that fill out the bottom lines. Overall, the Winnipeg Aurora have been very successful, but their success is no magic! Other teams can and are able to replicate it and soon another team will have the stars align like how Winnipeg has had it! (176 words)

Procrastinators

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 72! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
First off we would like to congratulate the Winnipeg Aurora for finally winning the Challenge Cup! It has been a long time coming after final appearance after final appearance after final appearance, but it seems like ultimately the high TPE players and good line chemistry have finally clutched up the win against the Winnipeg Aurora. What could the New England Wolfpack done differently? Maybe getting good? But in all seriously I have no clue as I have been out of it for so long, but I do know that my favourite part is that I won the cup! It has been such a long time coming and I thought it would never come :sob:. (114 words)

8/8 TPE
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2023, 03:26 AM by High Stick King. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate + 3TPE

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Cold Sweat and Frozen Tears (150 words min)

Sadly, I am not really too educated on the rosters of the other teams. I've fallen behind on my league activity and my awareness of who is the up-coming team and who is on the decline. What I do know is the team I play for in the Winnipeg Aurora and I have a good feeling that the team should be able to be fairly competitive next season and moving forward. Even without Spack Jarrow (the horror). I know we are overloaded with early 60s talent that will begin aging out in the upcoming seasons but the management have shown that they have a plan and have done a great job sticking to it through the seasons of ups and downs.

Nothing is guaranteed of course, we could change sim engines again and start all over. Despite that situation, I wouldn't want to jinx anything but I think the Aurora should remain amongst the more competitive teams in the league. Go Aurora Go!

[ 163 words ] + 3TPE

Quote:12. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 72! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Who won, you may ask? Well we won, of course!

After 3 heart-breaking finals in a row, the Winnipeg Aurora have finally achieved their goal of raising that beautiful cup. It was a fairly dominant performance throughout the playoffs although it never felt like it following the games and series. After all those other seasons, it is hard to get too excited about any kind of lead whether it is in the game or during the series.

I'm not really sure why we were successful this season compared to previous ones in the playoffs. Hopefully whatever it is, it'll continue on into the future as we look to defend the championship.

[ 111 words ] + 2TPE

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]