Create Account

S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice

Prompt 1: Lias already participates in some hockey camps, but they're all in Sweden, and as we know, Sweden already has an IIHF team. So what Lias does is he goes to help out his good frenemush, M'Baku Olubori, to do some outreach work in Baku's home country of Nigeria, in order to hopefully grow the game and someday maybe Nigeria (or at least Africa in general) will have an IIHF team of their own. In the meantime, Lias will throw himself whole-heartedly into helping out with this endeavor, hopefully getting people in a country without a whole lot of ice lying around the opportunity to try out a sport they otherwise wouldn't have a lot of reason to spend any time thinking about. Even though Lias comes from a country with a pretty substantial appreciation for hockey, he is always looking to share that love with people around the world who don't come from that same background.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

OPTION 2 - Being Forward with the Forwards

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the forwards on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a forward, tell me what you do to help your defensemen succeed.

Pengu has been a defenseman his entire career and one thing he can absolute confirm about forwards are that they are incredibly puck greedy. They are all about me, me, me and want the puck to go through them at all times even when it doesn't make sense. After all, Pengu is the best player on the team and so the puck should clearly go through him! Pengu is well know from slapping in the puck from the blue line, so why don't the forwards stop being greedy and just pass to Pengu at all times? Afterall, if he can score then the team wins games! If he doesn't score, they might not. So that is what Pengu would have his forwards do to elevate his game. Just get Pengu the puck so he can make things happen. Their new found selflessness would allow Pengu to play in his best form and lead the team to many championships!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Egli has been working pretty damn hard lately, if he isn't on the ice or in the gym he is probably studying tape or meeting with the coaches. He loves hockey and he realizes how fortunate he is that he gets to play this game for a living. But, when the president of the IIHF approached him and offered him an all expenses paid trip to a country of his choosing, he couldn't turn it down! There was one caveat though - his country of choice can't have an IIHF team. Scratch that, two caveats, he also has to run a week long hockey camp. Something about growing the game. Whatever, he's in!

Egli needs some sun and some time away, and he just happened to watch Cool Runnings last night so naturally he chose Jamaica! His hockey camp was more of a skating 101 and a stick and puck than anything. But those kids had a blast and egli got to sip rum drinks out of various fruit on a beach for the remaining sixteen hours of the day. All in all, pretty good trade!

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Ho Lee is going to load up his hockey bag and pack up the rest of his things to bring hockey to the great country of Brazil. While Brazil is so often not thought of as a place where people would enjoy winter sports, you would be impressed by the number of young men and women who have phenomenal skills on ice. The real challenge to teaching and spreading the game in South America is that there just are not many rinks in the area. After a long flight down to Brazil, I will spend time getting to know the local scene and introducing myself to as many of the hockey team staff as I can. Putting on a quick camp with the kids locally and pulling in some of my old SHL teammates will bring even more attention to the sport. Having more of a presence of professional players will help to get kids involved in the game and excited about coming back when we return next year to continue to try to make the Brazilian youth a big part of hockey’s future.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

If i were to pick a country to run a hockey camp in a country that does not already have an IIHF hockey program i would choose to run the camp out of Jamaica, they have some of the best and fastest athletes. imagine how fast Usain Bolt could skate on ice skates. i am sure there are other athletes that are close to as fast as him. they would make connor mcdavid look slow and would completely change the way hockey players play the game because of their incredible speed. the main problem would be finding an ice rink to run the camp out of but i am sure they could build a nice state of the art facility if they are willing to pay me a large pay check to run a camp. hopefully they would pay for my plane ticket also because Jamaica is obviously not close to the United States

Hugh Manius’s advice to forward it quite simple. Stay out of the way. Hugh does not care who the opponent is Atlanta Inferno or Winnipeg Aurora, his statement to his forwards is the following screening my shots are fine but do not putter around in front of the net just to get hit by a shot. Screen the goalie all you want but do not screen the net from me. Hugh does not want to deal with goofy forward who cannot get out of the way and then he must visit his team mate in the hospital complaining about their head injury which is something Hugh feels bad about but cannot think to himself, you would not that the problem if you just stayed out of the way. therefore, in closing Hugh say this to forward stay out of the way and you will not get hurt, it is just as simple as that.

Words~154

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Option 1: Kenny's home country of Canada obviously already has an IIHF team, and so does his adopted land of Japan. Kenny thought about this for a bit, and then he landed on a country that would be perfect for this program. Mexico is another country that Kenny is really familiar with from his years of wrestling, and one that he came to have a pretty big fondness for, given some of his greatest wrestling opponents in the past were from there. Now that he's a hockey player, however, he wants to give back to that country like it gave to him when he was on the rise back in the day. As for how he would run it, Kenny would take some of the experience he has from training people back in his wrestling days to work out some training plans for the hockey players that would join the camp, as well personally handle training for anyone that needs any extra help with anything particularly hard or demanding. He would make sure to teach everyone everything he knows, not just on hockey, but also with regards to life advice and the like.

Code:
Word count: 191 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Option 2:

As a forwards Matiss is always trying to do his best in the defensive zone to help out his defensemen. The way that Matiss helps his defensemen succeed is to always be in the right position in the defensive zone. As a forward, if you are playing your correct position in the defensive zone you can cut down on the other team's scoring abilities by taking away passing and shooting lanes. In the other zones the forwards just need to be playing the system that is implemented by their coaches. Playing the system is important, if everyone does not buy in and play the system, then no one on the team looks good and the defense will look bad due to giving up lots of goals. Back checking is another important factor that a forward needs to do in the neutral zone and defensive zone. If your forwards are good back checkers then that will be a good start to being in good position for defensive zone coverage and that allows everyone to succeed and be good defensively.

Option 1

Mikko Rashford would absolutely run a hockey camp in Zambia.  The biggest reason he would choose that country is because that is where he currently plying his trade as a professional soccer player during the hockey offseason.  As a dual athlete he would probably run his hockey camp a little different than some others might.  Opting to focus to the diversity of an athletes talents rather than just what is happening on the ice.  Mikko would take the opportunity to help develop an athletes full game, encompassing their physical, mental, and emotional aspects of their games.

Mikko would probably also get the campers out to a few rounds of disc golf as well as a good way for those involved to get to know other indivudals in a slower paced sport.  It also might be a little hard to keep the ice frozen while in zambia, as it would take a very power hungry ac machine to keep the rink cold enough on their hot days

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Option 1

Trevor lahey is excited for the new season, especially after all the insane stuff from last season, but just as he thinks things are back to normal, he gets a invited to teach a one week training camp of his choosing as long as they don't already have an IIHF team.  despite the ptsd flash backs from the last training camp he did, he takes on the challenge and chooses Jamaica.  Trevor Lahey's only thought was the hit movie, ft. john candy, cool running's!  Trevor believes that he could have his own story made by making team Jamaica an elite force to be reckoned with.  With this idea flowing through his head he can see all the money and fame he would make by helping this new team.  But this is still no easy task, but if he could help the aliens, he knows he will be able to make this team successful with all of his hockey knowledge

159 Words

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

PT pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

One country that may need some assistance in developing their hockey program is beautiful ALBANIA. Albanian hockey players typically just smoke cigarettes and wear skates made of goat hyde. that will change once I am in charge. They will wear gear donated by the anchorage armada chirper cruise ship express in conjunction with the atlanta inferno andre 3000 HOT DOG epic charity drive. Albaniaans will finally beat turks, greeks, cypriots, romanians, serbians, croats and slovenians at their national sport, ice hockey. I would have to design specific plays that cater to the albanian psyche. I would approach hockey as a cerebral game, because Albanians are very analytical and calculated. Eventually, an SHL star from Albania will be born. It will take many reps, a lot of effort and digging deep. I would likely have to incentivize the sport of ice hockey somehow, but i havent quite worked out all of the logistics. Albania should be a IIHF country in the no so distant future, as I will urge all recreates to create albanian players.

OPTION 1 - Here We Go Again

I would hold the hockey camp in Australia. Australia is a country that has had ice hockey for over a 100 years, but has never developed at a pace like the US or Canada. So it'd be fun to go to Australia to try and ignite a passion for the game of hockey that seems to have gone unlit for many years. Plus it'd be a neat country to explore when not running the hockey camps. You could even rename some ice hockey drills to reference Australian things. Like name it after kangaroos or some shit. Plus you could do it during their winter months, which would be the summer for North Americans. Which some people might hate, but I like the cold more than the heat. Plus you aren't holding hockey camps in developing hockey countries during the regular season, so it'd have to be during the offseason. Plus there is a ton of deadly shit in Australia that'd make for cool team names

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page