Create Account

Re: My Suspension

From personal experience the justice system is pretty fucked, yeah. Only takes someone walking off scot-free from a cut and dry domestic violence charge to figure that one out

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-13-2020, 08:47 PMImShiny Wrote:
06-13-2020, 08:45 PMCampinKiller Wrote: That is...incredibly true
If you think the justice system gives our fair and just punishments you literally know nothing about punishments given out to people of color and white

I'm agreeing with you

PatriotesUsaWhalers

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 08:49 PM by Sean.)

06-13-2020, 08:10 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 07:57 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: A bright yellow taser in a well lit parking lot looks like a black gun? Stop making bullshit excuses. I don't give a fuck if you think it's legally justified, that man was murdered cold blood and if you disagree you're a racist. The man was not trying to engaged he was running away from the confrontation.

I don't care if it would hold up in court, that was murder. You apparently don't like the truth that the police are a systemically racist group.

Justified. You call murder fucking justified. Racist. Christ what is wrong with you?
Let me break it down for you.

From https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/murder:

Quote:The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

The video appears to show a lawful use of force. If the courts decide otherwise, the officer will be punished. That's how it's supposed to work. It doesn't magically change because we're living in crazy times right now.

Murder is never justified. This does not legally appear to be murder. I'm sorry you disagree.

Please explain to me how I am racist. I'm pretty sure you can't.

Let me break it down for you.

Just because something is legal, does not make it right. It was legal to own slaves. Were slave owners morally justified by lawfully beating their slaves? I'd hope you'd agree not.

Take a second to think about this, make your own opinion and decide if you want to be on the right side of history or not.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 08:59 PM by leviadan.)

06-13-2020, 07:41 PMCarbine Wrote: https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1...16964?s=20
https://twitter.com/MattWSB/status/12719...23617?s=20

Seems pretty justified to me.

From the article on the incident;

Quote:At 10:33 p.m. local time, officers responded to a Wendy's restaurant on University Avenue after receiving a complaint that Brooks was asleep in a parked car in the drive-thru, authorities said. After failing a field sobriety test, officers said they attempted to place him into custody. It was at that point, according to GBI, that Brooks resisted and a struggle ensued.

Just so we're clear, you're of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 07:41 PMCarbine Wrote: https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1...16964?s=20

Quote:At 10:33 p.m. local time, officers responded to a Wendy's restaurant on University Avenue after receiving a complaint that Brooks was asleep in a parked car in the drive-thru, authorities said. After failing a field sobriety test, officers said they attempted to place him into custody. It was at that point, according to GBI, that Brooks resisted and a struggle ensued.

Just so we're clear, you're of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?

You are correct. He's going to try to respond to you by saying that it isn't his point, but that's just gas lighting you.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-12-2020, 08:50 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: no need to disrespect the police

lmao this is such a classic serpe take

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

DUI, assaulting 2 officers, taking a weapon (non lethal or not) from one, and then firing it at the other isn’t nonviolent charges, for the record. Let’s stop acting old dude just took off and that was it

PatriotesUsaWhalers

06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote:

I think he escalated it from a non-violent crime to a threat the second he got the taser and shot it at the officer.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-13-2020, 09:11 PMKeygan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote: From the article on the incident;

I think he escalated it from a non-violent crime to a threat the second he got the taser and shot it at the officer.

And that justifies killing him?

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

06-13-2020, 09:10 PMCampinKiller Wrote: DUI, assaulting 2 officers, taking a weapon (non lethal or not) from one, and then firing it at the other isn’t nonviolent charges, for the record. Let’s stop acting old dude just took off and that was it

@Keygan 

Do you not think it might have been more safe for everyone involved if they just let the guy run away? There was no need to chase him. You can watch the video, he got away and was running. What's the harm in letting a drunk guy go home? You can resolve the situation later when it's less heightened for everyone. He was asleep in his car, he's not exactly a highly dangerous criminal that you can't let leave your sight.

06-13-2020, 09:17 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 09:10 PMCampinKiller Wrote: DUI, assaulting 2 officers, taking a weapon (non lethal or not) from one, and then firing it at the other isn’t nonviolent charges, for the record. Let’s stop acting old dude just took off and that was it

@Keygan 

Do you not think it might have been more safe for everyone involved if they just let the guy run away? There was no need to chase him. You can watch the video, he got away and was running. What's the harm in letting a drunk guy go home? You can resolve the situation later when it's less heightened for everyone. He was asleep in his car, he's not exactly a highly dangerous criminal that you can't let leave your sight.

This. Why pull the taser in the first place? They should be well trained enough to subdue a drunk and therefore disoriented individual without the use a non lethal like a taser. Especially when he's fucking on the ground on his stomach. Fire both officers and put the killer on trial for murder.

06-13-2020, 09:17 PMleviadan Wrote:

@Keygan 

At what point though? Just letting him go home in the beginning before any assault of an officer? Yeah, probably. I just think once it escalated to the point where he had a weapon and had discharged it at an officer there was no truly safe option.

I see a lot of harm in letting a guy that’s committed multiple felonies go home. Not saying the shooting was necessary by any means, but this wasn’t some dude who hadn’t done anything wrong. To even get to the drive thru the guy had to drive drunk. Depending on his level of intoxication and past history, that could’ve been a felony as well. I mean the dude even fired the taser at the cop that shot him. He wasn’t just running off

PatriotesUsaWhalers

06-13-2020, 09:23 PMKeygan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 09:17 PMleviadan Wrote: @Keygan 

At what point though? Just letting him go home in the beginning before any assault of an officer? Yeah, probably. I just think once it escalated to the point where he had a weapon and had discharged it at an officer there was no truly safe option.

Did you watch the video though? He was well clear of the officers and was trying to leave. He discharged the taser back toward the officer when they got up and started the chase. If the officers just let the guy go there wouldn't have been any further conflict. They could have realized the initial mistake in trying to solve a non-violent issue with force and not escalated the situation further by initiating a chase and yet another physical confrontation.

06-13-2020, 09:27 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 09:23 PMKeygan Wrote: At what point though? Just letting him go home in the beginning before any assault of an officer? Yeah, probably. I just think once it escalated to the point where he had a weapon and had discharged it at an officer there was no truly safe option.

Did you watch the video though? He was well clear of the officers and was trying to leave. He discharged the taser back toward the officer when they got up and started the chase. If the officers just let the guy go there wouldn't have been any further conflict. They could have realized the initial mistake in trying to solve a non-violent issue with force and not escalated the situation further by initiating a chase and yet another physical confrontation.

The conflict between the officers at that point had diffused if they let him run, but at that point he had just assaulted two officers and was now in public with a weapon, no?