Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

I am ambivalent when it come to celebration in hockey. I kind of like the tame celebration right now. It’s what I am used to and it’s what I did when I use to play hockey. Celebrate with my teammates and instantly go to the bench. But I like the new generation of player that are more expressive. Celebration are cool and they can really hype the crowd. It’s fun to have interaction between the players and the spectator. It’s a good way to express ourselves and I think that hockey player need more self expression. I think that it should ne be exagerated. No player need to bring props on the ice to celebrate. Not like it happened before. Also when I was younger I use to watch celebration compilation on youtube, so I guess being more expressive on the ice can help hockey reach a younger crowd. I will still continu to be tame in my hockey celebrations

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Written Task: 

Honestly I like celebrations after goals. Now I hate celebrations that look choreographed or planned out. To me that is not in the spirt of the game. To have a planned celebration after scoring a goal seems cocky or egotistical. Like you have to score a goal, which is hard for most, to be able to celebrate. Why ruin it with such bad sportsmanship. When you score a goal, you obviously should be excited and happy. So jumping into the boards, a fist bump, a team hug are all good with me. And then the more significant the goal (a overtime winner, a playoff goal, a game 7 goal) the more those deserve maybe a little extra excitement in celebration. A few examples. I am a Washington Capitals fan. Ovechkin has scored A LOT of goals, and most of the time he jumps into the boards or does a kneel with fist pump. Which I love. But there was one time, he celebrated by putting his stick on ice and pretending it was on fire. I did not really care for that type of celebration. I feel like it just did not fit Ovechkin and seemed cocky. After that I dont remember really any others that he did like that one. I hope the joy in scoring goals is always there. Just dont let it get your head. 

-228 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

No wacky or fun about my postgame celebration idea but we will definitely be adding a lot of fireworks! Starting off since we are the Kraken I think it's vital to have a good amount tanks around the area to even begin planning, filled with our obvious team mascot. Here's how it goes down, in the final moments directly after the three stars and the fans drinking back their last few sips it'll be a light show to illuminate the squids (kraken), all orange animal safe bulbs of course, now since every player is practically invisible we just need a few more bucks to update every helmet with glow lights.. Oh and don't forget about the actual fireworks that'll be used to light up the boards. Shouldn't be too expensive and we'll have the best celebration in the league by far, get writing everyone!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

The Armada are planning on going over the top tacky and weird for their celebration in a “so bad it’s good” kinda. They would probably keep it relatively consistent so the fans can join in. Phase 1 of the celebration is a large-scale recreation of the board game Battleship on the ice with all the armada players taking turns “blowing up” the enemy ships (represented by the opposing teams jerseys). This would be relatively quick and goofy, with the players messing around and putting on a show for the fans. This would culminate in horns and fireworks going off in the arena, and putting an end to the normal celebration. Real fans would know to head down to the harbor, where the Armada would keep a scaled down battleship (the boat this time) docked, with the sole purpose of using it to shoot off fireworks from modified cannons and run highlights on a massive scoreboard mounted on the deck. True fans would walk down to the harbor and watch an extravagant fireworks celebration and highlights show here. It would be super impractical, but Boat Gang goes hard baby.  Armada

Hockey is a sport of many great traditions. It’s a sport of speed, big hits, and incredible skill. It’s a sport where fighting is normal and just a part of the game. It’s dangerous and beautiful.It can also be a lot of fun. It takes a lot of skill to score a goal in hockey, so it makes sense that the occasion could be a cause for celebration. I have no problem with celebration in hockey, especially after scoring a goal. You’re on skates and have a stick on a sheet of ice, so you have a lot at your disposal to make for a great goal celebration. I don’t think it’s disrespectful at all. It’s just fun. I think of the NFL and everything they’ve done to take a lot of fun out of the game and I would hate to see the same thing done in the NHL. Keep the NHL fun!

[155 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Ricky Koivu became a new viral sensation in the league when he introduced a new celebration to the SHL that was never before seen in the league: the Griddy. Many other sports have made the Griddy a popular trend already, with players like Justin Jefferson and Jalen Hurts pulling them off in the NFL, Ja Morant popularizing the move in the NBA, and Rafael Leao hitting a sweet one in the world cup during Portugal's massive knockout round win against Switzerland. The SHL never had someone griddy on ice before, possibly because its hard to bust out a sick move like that when you're on skates on an ice rink, but Ricky Koivu broke the trend thanks to a lot of practice. After scoring a sweet goal against the Hamilton Steelhawks, Koivu busted out the move, making sure he didnt slip while doing it, and it became the talk of the town on many sports highlights reels across the nation. We will see if Koivu's moves catch on as a league wide phenomenon before long. (178 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Hockey Prompt:

I think celebrations are good for the game of hockey however, I think there is a time and place for celebrations in hockey. If you are blowing out someone there is no need to go crazy on celebrations, if you score a goal it should just be casual fist bumps with the players and the bench. Now if you score a game tying or game winning goal by all means go crazy with your celebrations. Those crazy celebrations in close games get the fans going and can swing momentum to your team. Like that momentum from a game tying goal and celebration the crowd gets more into the game and the team can feed off of the crowd reactions. Now for celebrations after the game, I personally like players celebrating with the team and goalie with fist bumps and hugs while on the ice and if you want to do a more special stuff save it for the locker room.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 12:58 AM by Rotti. Edited 1 time in total.)

After every home game we will be doing the Hamilton Hoe down. This will be a fun event where every single one of the hamilton steelhawks players will be doing a dance for the crowd. There will be hoe dows because it is alliteration and sounds nice with the event. The dancing will be very cool and eveyone will be doing good dances dependent on country of origin. some square dancing, maybe some middle eastern dancing, maybe some european dancing, we are a diverse team and will be doing so many cool dances to celebrate big hamilton steelhawk WINS! admission will be free of charge to any dancers or game goers to see the dancing. Please come on down and show off your hamilton spirit with some cool steelhawk hoe down dancing! Tommy Westbrook but this time I upd will be doing the first event, what will he dnace like? Maybe not ok dances? who knows. Then B jobin will dance his little tookis off.

[Image: rotti.gif]

After every home game we will be doing the Hamilton Hoe down. This will be a fun event where every single one of the hamilton steelhawks players will be doing a dance for the crowd. There will be hoe dows because it is alliteration and sounds nice with the event. The dancing will be very cool and eveyone will be doing good dances dependent on country of origin. some square dancing, maybe some middle eastern dancing, maybe some european dancing, we are a diverse team and will be doing so many cool dances to celebrate big hamilton steelhawk WINS! admission will be free of charge to any dancers or game goers to see the dancing. Please come on down and show off your hamilton spirit with some cool steelhawk hoe down dancing! Tommy Westbrook but this time I upd will be doing the first event, what will he dnace like? Maybe not ok dances? who knows. Then B jobin will dance his little tookis off.

[Image: rotti.gif]

HOCKEY PROMPT

I think celebrations are pretty much fine the way they are. There's not really too much you can do on ice anyway, I feel like, but I don't mind guys just doing the usual fist pump, or whatever, acting like they've been there but still showing some emotion and having fun, without being a dick or inappropriate. I do like it when guys score important goals, game winners, series winners, first goals, milestones, etc, and they pimp it a bit more. It would be pretty lame if you were expected to just hug the boys after you bury an overtime winner for the Cup in game 7, obviously. I see a lot of cellys as a ref, and honestly, there's never really anything too crazy, the emotion is always fun, and anything that does go over the line is usually something that is obvious and way over, and gets taken care of as necessary.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT -

In Altanta, home of the hockey team named the Inferno who plays in the Simulated hockey League, the new ice rink tradition will be to eat grilled cheese sandwiches. The sandwiches ahve to be made with american orange cheddar slices because they are the best and they are also the same color has our team jerseys (almost!). The tradition is to add as many slices as the inferno scores goals, and to let it grill extra minutes depending on how much goals the Inferno allowed. For example, if the inferno scores 5 goals and lets in 3 goals, thats a 5 slice sandwich that,s grilled for and extra 3 minutes, meaning we get that sweet roastd crust everybody likes. If the inferno lets in too much goals, it will taste burnt, the same bitter taste defeats leaves into your mouth. And if inferno scores nine goals in a shutout, well then you get a cool sandwich but thats not cooked enough, meaning fans will hate the opposing team for not giving them a properly roasted sandwich (still good to have 9 slices however and it's regularly grilled but the extra minutes would have been nice to have you know?).

Also, the new fan drink would be not pilk. Pilk craze has been taking over atlanta and Angus McFife suspects it is all a ploy of the chaos wizards to see how dumb people can be to drink such monstrosity, if they all adopt it, then chaos wizards are convinced they can straight up offer poison to the regular citizens and then kill them. Pilk is bad! its a gateway to poison, sheeple!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT

After a home win, the team discussed all our various options to celebrate with the fans, and ultimately we settled on a specific player meet-and-greet at one of the bars in the arena. Each home game will have a post-game meet and greet, pending a win, in which the players will join a certain area of the lower bowl fans in one of the bars under the stands set out for the VIP lower bowl sections. It will be known as the winners club and will simply be a potential event. In the case of a loss, the same bar will be open with a similar event occuring, minus a player meet and greet, but with some alternative events pre-planned throughout the season to replace it. The idea is to build a premier offering for season ticket holders in a section of the arena, while also tying in some post-game interaction with the team and also having some fun with the fans. NOTE: there will be karaoke

I think having the players go a little crazy after goals or wins in a celebration can be a lot of fun, and is something that is criminally underdone in hockey as.comparrd to other sports like football.

For a long time people have had an issue with marketing hockey, and frankly, the sport can be very bland in terms of personality. These are the types of things that can really help the exposure, even if it's just a little bit.

Just think of the highlight reels of cellies we have from iconic touchdowns and how much people just eat them up.

There's this notion that celebrating tok hard is disrespectful to the other team, where the myriad of cheap shots people take are just part of the game. It's such a double standard, and frankly, celebrations don't hurt anyone so just let the boys go wild out there.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Hockey Prompt

I'm fairly okay with celebrations in hockey assuming they aren't mega-extravagant. I don't subscribe to the school of thought of "act like you've been there before" - it's the Show and players should have a little fun with it when they can. After big goals like overtime or playoff winners, I love seeing players let it all out since those moments are so fleeting. As a kid, one of the best celebrations I ever saw was Alex Burrows scoring the shootout winner to break Detroit's record home wins streak and then breaking his stick over his knee, or scoring the overtime winner to beat the Blues in a playoff series and then miming a bow and arrow as a tribute to his friend Luc Bourdon. Hockey is a beautiful game, and I really enjoy when players are able to let their emotions out in big moments. I just don't like celebrations if they're done in huge blowout wins or losses (unless it's for a milestone), or done in a way where it's needlessly distracting.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT -
Slip McScruff was a little too literal with the prompt to "Go Nuts". Whenever any teammates asked about the new tradition, he told them not to worry because he had it covered. They just needed to wait for him out on the ice after the game and he'll get the goods.

The first time, they were caught totally off guard as he tripped onto the ice and scatter five pounds of mixed nuts all over the ice. Someone thought it would be funny to start launching nuts at the crowd with their stick, so they just leaned into exaggerated slap shots and doubled over laughing.

The next times, they took it more serious. They made Slip trip each time for the full effect, but then they designated the three stars of the game as the nut launchers. On one hand, nuts are expensive and bad for the environment (that's a lot of water to grow these wasted almonds, shame). On the other hand, we aren't winning buckets of home games and we can reuse some of the nuts.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]