Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PT PASS - SIMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Prompt 1
Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede is always looking for special treatment. He is especially looking for special treatment for his contract so he is excited to rework it to give some special things. The first thing he would do is he would require the locker room to supply Jaska Seppala with unlimited Mountain Dew Baja Blast as that is his favorite soda and loves to drink it during games. Some other things that Jaska Seppala would add to his contract, given the opportunity would be to add in a clause that he is to be given an unlimited supply of Spicy Nacho Doritos for after the game as that is his favorite snack. Some other things he would include in his contract is Wannabefinn is required to give him back rubs upon request as Jaska Seppala is always looking for back rubs. There are just a few things that Jaska Seppala would include in his contract.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Negotiating contracts tends to get more and more simple the longer that you’ve been doing it, both on the management and player sides of things.

So the first thing I’m asking for is an NTC. Never ending Trading Cards. I never get anything good from card packs so this is a chance to see if I really can get a good pull.

Next I’m asking for the team to fund the placement of a two tiered putting green in the backyard of my home. There’s no point in staying here for the summers if I can’t work on my short game when I’ve got a couple hours to myself. I sure as heck don’t want to pay for it given inflation and the price of raw materials as of late so hopefully I can stick the team with the bill.

My third clause is that if @juke ever recreates, the team will find a name change to align with the Hurts family. There’s great lineage coming, we just need someone to take the leap.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I have a couple of special conditions for my contract:
1.) A new pack of lemon oreos needs to be placed inside of my locker each day that I will be at the rink
2.) A seat one each airplane ride will be reserved for me next to
3.) After every practice there needs to be a limo out front with a person holding a sign that has a different player's name each day and it can't be the same person two days in a row. The limo needs to be playing the song Part Rock Anthem by LMFAO on repeat as long as a player is inside of it.
4.) If we are playing Atlanta Zadina is not obligated to play because his friend Towelie plays on that team and he doesn't want to hurt his feelings or dangle him so it'd be better to sit. Zadina is willing to take a pay cut for each game he doesn't play in order to make this happen.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Contract negotiations for Spam have been pretty straight forward as he is pretty easy to please. Most of his money comes from his various schemes and scams so he doesn't really ask for much in terms of a salary. He does however often ask for a few perks and favors from the team. First things first he needs to have a bag of sour patch kids ready to go in his locker for between periods in addition to a bag post game. The goal is to completely destroy his taste buds by the end of the night. Other than that he just asks the head office to help the police look the other way when certain things go missing from the guest locker room and around town. This usually comes in the form of season tickets for the sheriff who is actually a huge fan. It's really that simple.

Creative prompt

DAD’s contract is special. First of all, it has to include a clause where DAD can be trade only to the team @lespoils plays. He likes moving from team to team, so DAD’s clause can be modified everytime lespoils changes team. It also needs to include a new set of dumbbells every year. In fact, DAD is a gym addict, so he wants 30 different protein powder, 10 BCAA flavour, 52 shakes (1 per week) and 25kg of protein bars and also a hundred dozens of eggs. DAD also needs a personal trainer who follows him everywhere. He’s like an assistant coach, but only for DAD. A banana protein shake has to be prepared after every game, home or away. For every goal, DAD wins 5kg of chicken. For every hat trick, the team needs to give to DAD’d neighbours 1 year subscription to the local gym in Dallas, as DAD is a part-time owner of the place.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

Contract negotiation terms are fairly straight forward with Bohdan. He requires his family to be flown in for at least 2 weekends a season. That is the number one thing he negotiates for. After that, the goal is to leverage where he is allowed to live. Some teams want their players within the city, or even bunking with a "mentor". Coming from a smaller town, and more of a village like scenario. Bohdan wants to live on the outside looking in. Being away from the hustle from the big cities is like a breathe of fresh air, and reminds him of home. Lastly, he always requests access to the rink anytime he wants. Training doesn't stop for Bohdan, whether it is just a light skate or running suicides. Sometimes he just wants to have a light skate in no gear just to feel the ice. It brings him peace of mind. At the end of the day, he doesn't push hard just happy to be playing hockey for a living.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

My player speaks with agent his on all matters when it comes to contracts and playing for any team in the SHL or SMJHL.  Their job is negotiating and handling this on my behalf, and if I felt they were inadequate I would fire them and look for another.  I only speak to my agent as I live alone and therefore do not need to discuss it with anyone such as a partner or child.  I don’t need to discuss with my parents or any family as I am regardless of where I live I would make a concerted effort to visit them as often as possible.  While there is a team in the Carolinas, the closest team to the Carolinas in the SHL is Atlanta.  Which is too far to visit any family on a whim.  This makes distance to family not relevant as like I said it would have to be planed and not done apropos of nothing

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

01-30-2023, 01:06 PMAJK987 Wrote: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

In the future once I am done with my entry contract some of the main conditions that I want to have in my contract is that for every game day in my stall I have a chocolate protein bar as well as a bottle of chocolate milk for me after my game as that has always been tradition that I have at least a glass after every game and I want to make sure I can always continue that. Additionally I love exploring and seeing new places so part of my contract I would like to have an expense account for travel and planed experience trips for both local and semi local locations as well as access to guides that can show me the best places that I can be so that I am always seeing and experiencing new places. The final condition in my clause is that I have time guaranteed in even during the season for fan meet and greets as well as for charity work such as toy drives and cancer research fundraisers so that I can both get to know my new community as well as help those in it. 

WC=194

Creative Prompt:

Matiss has a few special requirements in his contract. Prior to morning practices Matiss always likes to have a protein shake and a banana in the morning to get ready for the day. After practices and games to recover Matiss likes to have BioSteel in his locker to be able to replenish his electrolytes that were lost. Prior to games Matiss must have his sticks taped with black tape all the way to the toe and then finished off with wax from toe to heel on the stick. Also on the game sticks the shafts must be waxed so that he has good grip for stick handling and shooting. For after games Matiss likes to have 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a snack so the team chef has sandwiches ready to go after each home game. Last big requirement is that Matiss always needs to have 4 tickets saved for every home game for family and friends. These requirements are not too crazy but these are just some of the few things that Matiss likes to have settled in his contract.

Written Task: When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

so paul koivu does not like contract talk at all, he avoids it as much as he can and gets it done as quickly as possible. But, he has a long time friend taht was a lawyer and is very good in finances and knows sports as well as paul koivu does so he is perfect to deal with the general manager and all the people involved in offering contract deals and such. Paul Koivu really has no clue what to ask from the New England Wolfpack, so his friend (his name is johnathon by the way) is the one that gives him advice, knowing what the market could offer him. He makes sure that Paul gets the most out of these contracts, even it is him that receives the offers directly, and he only shows paul the ones that are worth it, like this paul does not have to stress over contract talks while he plays

157 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Creative Prompt

When it comes time to negotiate a new contract extension with your hockey club, there are always a large number of things that come up as important for both parties. The team of course is always primarily concerned with the dollar figure, the structure of payments, and the term of the contract as well, they always want to find the right balance and try to get themselves as much savings as possible by giving players throw ins! This can sometimes align with the players goals as well, as long as the contract amount itself makes sense. For Meta Knight however, the amount of money is not really that important. Playing in a good environment is the main goal as money can always be earned on the side through marketing deals, or post-career by using the money earned while playing. Lets be real as long as you are a professional athlete for a handful of seasons you probably have enough money to take a decade off as long as you are smart! Instead, the important terms in the contract I would like to sign is guarantees on what food options I will have during travel and regular practice days, making sure the team facilities are kept up to date with new development and upgrades, as well as making sure the team has the latest game consoles available for the younger players to bond with after practice. Nothing too fancy, but got to make sure the team doesn't slack off for a few seasons to try and save some dollars at the expense of the talent!

While playing college hockey, Patricija's roommate Bethany proved a valuable friend many times over when Patricija felt stressed over the ups and downs of the season. At first, Patricija felt her quite bossy compared to her general laid back attitude. However, as they spent more time together, she came to appreciate her roommate's more focused and practical approaches to situations. It seemed as if Bethany was amused by how easily Patricija would adapt a particular strategy for a conversation or negotiation, she just needed to be told first exactly what she needed to do. As her skills improved and Patricija received more attention from professional leagues, including the SHL, it was Bethany that was able to keep her on level ground and able to avoid letting the newfound attention get to her head. Even now, Patricija refers to her quite often when it comes to make important decisions as she finds her input quite valuable. Of course, people in her life such as her agent or family have a role to play as well, but when it comes to the important decisions in her career it's always Bethany's word that is taken first. You could even say without Bethany, Patricija may not have made it as far as she did in her career.

Code:

Creative Task
Loosh is a bit of a particular person. For one he absolutely loves his snacks. He's lobbied the management loosely since day one to give him a spread of meat, cheese, and crackers, and his day has finally come. With his newfound seniority, he's finally gotten what he wanted, and he couldn't be happier. Every game he gets to enjoy a delicious spread & he feels more welcome than ever in the Great Falls lockerroom. With regard to his equipment, he has only one issue he cares about - that his equipment is placed in a very particular order in his locker. That certainly isn't the most unreasonable demand, but when the equipment is out of order, Loosh is visibly confused. It's like he can't believe that his equipment isn't perfectly placed & he looks around in confusion but never raises any alarm & politely brings it up if it happens a couple times.