Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

CREATIVE PROMPT - It's everyone's favourite time of year! Contract negotiations! We're not going to worry about the actual hard numbers here, let the agents sort that out! Let's worry about the important stuff!

Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me the results of these negotiations, I want to see your player enjoying something they managed to get written in to their contract!

PLAYER PROMPT - This is one for all you back-story writers out there! I want to hear about your players agent, if they have one!  

Written Task:  When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player arguing with someone during a contract dispute. Include some speech bubbles so we know what they're saying!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, February 5th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

ok look my conditions are very specific ok @hotdog so u better clear em shouldnt be too hard all i need from you is a sonnet about the letter e

i know i know "a sonnet? last time you hit FA you only wanted like a short story thats so much easier" but this time im actually still active! you COULD prolly get chatgpt to write it for you but thats defo cheating so maybe to ensure you dont we let you use chatgpt but instead you have to perform the sonnet live i think that is actually quite an acceptable compromise yup yup pleasure doin business

alas i have forty three words left so you get more demands i wanna see uh uh idk make @blakec1414 do smt dumb too ok ill leave that one up to you maybe the two of you can duet? itd be really cute

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Answering for the player prompt

For a while, Vaseline Podcalzone was heavily dependent on his dedicated player agent to help him negotiate contracts and contract extensions with the Newfoundland Berserkers and the Seattle Argonauts. However, for the most part, Podz has been pretty independent in terms of negotiating contracts nowadays. His English has improved significantly and he has a lot of confidence that wasn't there when he was still getting familiar with the environment in North America. I mean, he still needs his agent to make sure that he isn't doing something absolutely foolish, but for the most part, Podz has a lot of self-agency. It also definitely helps that he is, for the most part, very much content with his current situation in Seattle. On top of collective bargaining agreement clauses stating that players have to be signed to a minimum dependent on performance, Podz has little to nothing to worry about in terms of negotiating his next extension.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PT Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:
Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

This task came out at an awkward time because this past off-season I re-signed my contract already so here is what I am on planning for my next contract. With my past contract I took a hometown discount as Ben loves playing for Chicago and wants to help the team with their cap situation as most contending teams have trouble keeping under the cap. However, with Ben taking less money there are some unique perks that he is going to request for his next contract.

Ben Jammin would like control of the pre-game warmup music for home games as he wants the whole arena to enjoy his music taste while the players are warming up. He would like his player stall to be located between goalie Mat Smith and Forward Kev Kevens.

For his last request, he wants @Tesla to keep giving pre-game hugs to all of us as everyone loves Dave Heinrich's hugs. 

Hopefully these are not too demanding for a contract and the team can come to a mutual agreement with these terms. 

(175 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Creative Prompt:
First part of my new contact is a full no trade clause which will only be waived if the GM of the receiving team is able to beat me in a ping-pong match. I can't respect them otherwise, the ancient art of ping-pong is too important to not. Next, the team must hire a professional bugler to wake me up every morning so I can train, the military awaken really gets the adrenaline pumping. For required snacks, all we need is hand squeezed carrot juice mixed with protein powder, my favorite thing to have for dinner. I might also need a personal nutritionist to make sure having protein powder mixed with carrot juice for every meal is healthy. Next, my locker room bench must have (ethically obtained) goose feather pillows with monogrammed bathrobes for after the game. Lastly my contract would demand that the GMs have to take the whole team out on monthly field trips. Preferably the zoo but that's up to the GMs discretion.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Player Prompt

Patrice Bergeron trusts his mentors, Emil Egli, Nibbles the Squirrel, and Cale Salad, to negotiate his contracts. Emil, Nibbles, and Cale always know what Patrice wants in a contract. This allows for easy negotiation since Bergeron's teams always give him what he wants since he is a team player. Bergeron has known Emil, Nibbles, and Cale for 2 seasons now. He met them in the Maine Timber locker room last season as a rookie and a new face to a championship-caliber team. Patrice trusts them because they continuously guide him in the right direction regarding earning TPE and where to place it as Bergeron develops into a 5-star caliber player for his SHL team, the Texas Renegades, and overall general. This allows for familiarity and confidence that the deal will be done to Bergeron's standards. Bergeron wants to say thank you to his 3 wonderful mentors for negotiating his contracts, as he can focus on being a better hockey player for Maine and in the future, Texas.

Code:
167 words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

CREATIVE PROMPT: I used to have a lot of special conditions in my contract, but these days, most offers what I used to ask for to every player on the team. The first few things I used to ask for were related to food. On most days where we don’t play games, I usually wake up, make a coffee, and drive to the arena less than 15 minutes after waking. So I decided to ask the team to provide breakfast cook by a chef at the training center and I also asked the team to provided lunch to players that wanted to eat at the training center after the late morning practice. There is a specific thing I asked for that is also related to food. After each game, I want someone to bring me two hot dogs with ketchup and mayonnaise from the arena food service in the locker room that I can eat right after the game. It’s a personal pleasure for me to savour two hot dogs after an exhausting game.

172 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:
When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

Growing up "boomer", Strom had always liked classic rock.  More importantly, he always liked listening to KISS with his older brother.  Early on he was astonished at the idea that Gene Simmons had made it so that KISS, in any contracts they had, retained the rights to their own music.  In a sense, they acted as their own agent.

When it came time to sign his own contract when he was drafted to Anaheim and subsequently to Winnipeg in Season 52, Strom retained that sort of mentality.  "If a rocker can do it, why can't a hockey player?"  So his moral compass, which so far hadn't lead him astray, was his main consul when it came to all things hockey.  He did at times what was best for the teams he was on.  It's not like he was going without.  The bankrolls, the bonuses, even getting accommodations written into his contracts were all nice bonuses that he was always shocked he could get away with.  It was decent enough, that there were several times when he had thought about what he would be doing after hockey he considered opening up his own player agency and representing those like him.

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - This is one for all you back-story writers out there! I want to hear about your players agent, if they have one!  

Written Task:  When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

When push comes to shove and I need help when making a contract decision, the first person I go to is my wife. She needs to be happy where we are because as they say, happy wife equals happy life. Along with her I need to make sure my kids are happy with what the mascot and team colors are. I mean after all, looking good and playing for a cool mascot is really what it’s all about! After that, I go to the person who has helped me more in this league than anyone. None other than Tig himself. Our former GM and still our most trusted advisor in Seattle, no one in the league is as good as he is. Whether it is making an important career decision, the best way to build my player into a stud, or even what I should have for lunch, he is the guy I turn to.

155 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

the following stipulations have been placed in sebastien regazzoni's contract with the simulation hockey league franchise hamilton steelhawks

- when regazzoni is called up, he cannot share a line with ynvge svensson, if svensson is still playing in the simulation hockey league (because at the moment svensson is a very old man), because he thinks svensson is too below his presence
- regazzoni is given a week per year to attend one formula one race of his choice (out of convenience it will be the canadian grand prix in montreal)
- regazzoni can do however many laps he wants around the steelhawks practice rink to work on his speed (when not at practice or during dedicated drills) as he feels it is the best way to work on his speed and stamina skills
- once a week regazzoni hosts "top gear: hamilton edition" on the steelhawks youtube channel where he makes fun of his teammates' cars for being slow

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

While Miguel Hefeweizen feels like he's pretty wise in the ways of contracts and league finances, he knows better than to try and make all of these decisions himself, or to try and read all the pages of legalese that the league puts in player contracts. While he does sometimes talk to his Dad specifically about finances, and some other family and friends, he has always used the same agent since he was a SMJHL rookie with no clue of how any of this works. His agent, Rob Robertson, has done not only a great job of getting Miguel the contracts he feels he deserves, but also a good deal of sponsorships as well, which is one of the main draws of an agent since sponsorships can make you a lot more money and if you get hurt you can still appear in TV ads! Miguel does try and keep his relationship with Rob a business one. As much as he likes him, he tries to keep business and pleasure separate. 172 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Code:
Written Task:  When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

When Kawashima was younger he would have an agent who helped him with contract talks. His cousin Toshi moved along with him to North America when Ryuuji became draft eligible for the smjhl. Toshi would help Kawashima with contract, house and what have you not contracts.

Now that Ryuuji is older he no longer relies on Toshi to help him with contracts. As he has grown older Ryuuji has grown more relaxed in his contracts. He never does anything too crazy, no crazy clauses or bonuses, just easy going. What he will usually go for is the minimum league required amount. As he believes the team should be in a position to spend as much money as possible to make the team better and Kawashima does not want to be a hinder in that.

Kawashima has always had good relationships with his general managers and he believes not being a hard ass when it comes to contracts has helped a ton with that.

[163 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Player Prompt

Since Kev Kevens was fairly unknown when entering the SHL, he didn't have an agent or close confidant to manage the talks for him while negotiating those first few contracts. This made him realize that negotiating contracts wasn't all that bad and he could save a lot of time and effort by advocating for himself during these negotiations. Money is always a sensitive subject and although agents are trustworthy, there's a certain value to be had in finding the self-confidence and developing a skillset worthy of negotiating contracts. This strategy hasn't necessarily lined Kev's pockets with tons of cash, but since he's financially responsible anyways, he doesn't have to worry about finding the best contract deals possible and can instead focus on aspects of the contract that can help the team out like HTDs and contract lengths that fit the ideal timeline for the team moving forward. I'm sure GMs also appreciate talking to the player directly instead of going through someone in the middle.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate