Create Account

S77 PT #1: Guilty On All Counts Due: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59 PM PST

How does Ekaterina react to getting a penalty? At first, she did not understand very well the concept. She used to play in beer leagues in Russia before joining the SMJHL, so if the other player still was able to move after getting hit, it was not a penalty. That said, I think Valieva kept her reputation and it is not helping the team right now. She is leading the league in penalty minutes right now and does not think it is warranted. It is living rent-free in her head right now and it is not helping her performance. How can you lead the penalty killing unit when you are the cause of it. She used to be confused, then did not care at all, and now she’s getting angrier and angrier after an ambiguous call, which will never help her in the long run. She’s wiser now, she knows it’s part of the game and a similar call should help the team in the long run. But she’s annoyed that she’s the one always taking the bad calls.

WC: 179.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

The SHL simply does not have enough fighting anymore. And while the league and much of the fanbases around the league are interested in useless violence coming out of the game, some of the old guard are quite interested in more fighting. So, as a result, we’re actually introducing an anti-penalty for fighting. In fact, players who are involved in fights will have a boost applied to their next 5 shifts. Any player that is penalized for fighting that scores on his or her next shift, awards that team with 3 goals for that score. Additionally, any player who was in a fight on a shift within 5 shifts of providing the primary assist on a goal will make that goal worth 2 instead of 1. The primary purpose of this new penalty rule is really just to bring more entertainment value to professional hockey. With players like Jordan Bamford headed to the SHL in the next year, we really need ways to reward (and penalize) players who drop the mitts.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Option 2:

Wizard like anyone else does not enjoy being in the penalty box and often tries to call the refs out on a bogus call if thats his belief or if the game is close. When Wizard gets in there though he starts to focus on the potential scenarios he could re-enter into as his goal is to lift up his team facilitating goals to make sure they come out on top. Wizard upon entering the box after yelling on the ice enters a silence zoning everything out but his own thoughts focusing on what is happening on the ice to understand what is going on. Wizard doesn't go for revenge but instead he goes to right what he has done wrong as he has put his team in a bad position so he feels that he needs to fix his attitude and play to better enhance his team. Wizards attitude of reflecting while in the penalty box has allowed him to excel when leaving the box.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Punishment pass. Posting so I stop getting bot alerts.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Affiliate link: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid810360

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

ISFL Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option#2-155wc

I'm glad this penalty prompt came up! Because from the start of the season PENALTIES have haunted Dash Jackson. Almost to the point of conspiracy theory, The refs must've had it out for me with 19 PIM in the 1st 3 games and up till the last sim was still leading the J league in PIM (Now i'm T-3rd) Of course most of those PIM came in 1 game vs Great Falls Grizzlies for a 5 minute Fighting major including 10 minute Game Misconduct for the reaction to the horrible call given out for the referees Dash gave after the fight Which included choice words and unnecessary Meltdown due to his hot head and aggression. We lost the fight by the way, but we did win the war a 3-2 Win for Yukon. Since then Dash has done a great job of being more disciplined only taking 4 PIM in the next 13 games.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

[Image: nOXkOM9.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Option 2:

When Elly gets put in the penalty box she is usually a tad embarrassed for getting too in the moment but also determined and full of adrenaline. She will take the first 10-30 seconds to calm down and and then reflect on what happened. Was she being too aggressive? Was the other teams player doing something bad? If the call was obvious she would accept it easily. If it wasn't so obvious she would try to figure it out. But ultimately the match is what matters. Elly would try to focus on the game in the last 30 seconds and look at what needs to be done next and get focused up. How can she handle what happened going forward. Focusing on getting revenge isn't good for the team, especially now that Elly is captain this season, and anger leads to poor decisions. No revenge. Refocus and go. Winning the game will be "revenge" enough after all, and much more satisfying. 

(164 words).

Ptpass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2024, 08:59 PM by sve7en.)

Written 2

Jamie Fraser is generally a cool and composed man, but any fan of his knows that he can be incredibly hot headed and stubborn, on and off the ice. When called for penalties, Fraser tries to remain calm and accept the punishment when he knows he had done wrong, but the temper boils over when he feels like there is something unjust or incorrectly handled. This has gotten him in trouble many times at this point, as the referees see the modern sport of hockey very differently than the historical highlander. Once in the box, Fraser only plots revenge when necessary. If he was wronged, or it was a mutual penalty for something that escalated, he's eager to get back out and continue the issue at hand, but otherwise the time out is exactly what our hero needs. This is one of Fraser's key features regarding his temper, but it also remains something that he will need to rectify when looking to move to the next level of professional hockey.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Option 2: Kenny likes to think of himself as a pretty calm guy. After all, he did have to pretend to fight for a living back before he started playing hockey, and that kind of career gives you a lot of patience and restraint, even if it doesn't seem like it would, at first glance. Because of this experience, Kenny's learned to control his emotions to keep himself focused on whatever the task at hand is, and to keep himself from flying off the handle. This, of course, comes very handy when talking about getting penalties during a hockey game. They're unavoidable, and no player can go very long without getting one at some point in their career. Oftentimes, as players, you can disagree with the ref's decision, and that's no exception with Kenny, but the main thing he keeps in his mind is to stay calm and just accept the penalty without too much arguing, since it's not like the ref is gonna change his mind and unless it's something clearly seen as a mistake, it won't get reversed, so why bother fighting it? After taking his place in the penalty box, Kenny spends the time in there thinking about what he could do differently, and hoping that the team is able to withstand the onslaught of goals coming their way until he can get back in the game.

Code:
Word count: 228 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Whenever I get sent to the sin bin (a common sight fans are very used to seeing) my reaction largely depends on the situation. I’m always pissed about it, but if I get called for interfering after obliterating the guy that just sent my line mate to the locker room, then I can accept that.  Similarly if I’m going for a play on the puck and fee my stick hit someone in the face that’s on me. I wasn’t in control of my stick for that to happen. But unless I’m getting even or blatantly wrong I’m gonna let the ref know about the 4 other calls they missed against me from guys slashing my wrists to cross checking after the play is over.  So far I’ve been able to avoid any sort of ejection, but boy do I love coming right up to that line with the refs and letting them know.

If we want to increase the number of power plays in the league there really is only one way to do it in the mi d of gnabe. Thay method is going tk be taking anyone who tries to engage in a fight and following them around, then anytime they try and start a fight, you take the other guy should the refuse to drip the gloves. We will call this the weakness rule and this rule will do two major things for the league. The first is, it's going tk increase the number of powerless as there are tons of dudes who will be afraid tk fight guys like gnabe or other heavy hitters (not guys like Tony Soprano, just guys like gnabe dabson), but the other thing thay will happen is we will get more fights at games and we all know that is really all the fans come out to see.tbks would be a huge win foe thr league and gnabe will take full credit for the idea.