Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Rick Ross on Hold On >>>>>

Finally got to listen to Stay Trippy by Juicy J.... alot of songs sound like Rubba Band Business 1/2 songs.... I love it. Only because Rubba Band Business 2 is in my Top 5 favorite mixtapes of all time. Good Trap production.

Couple quick reviews since I don't have time for full reviews.

Pusha-T: My Name is My Name

1|King Push|5
- Love the Yeezy sample on this
2|Numbers on the Board|5
- Beat really grew on me
3|Sweet Serenade ft. Chris Brown|5
4|Hold On ft. Rick Ross|5
- Easily my fave song on the albume
5|Suicide ft. Ab Liva|4
6|40 Acres ft. Dream|5
7|No Regrets ft. Jeezy|3.5
8|Let Me Love ft. Kelly Rowland|5
9|Who I Am ft. 2 Chainz and Big Sean|3
- Easily my least favorite song
10|Nostelgia ft. Kendrick Lamar|5
11|Pain ft. Future|3.5
12|Snitch ft. Pharell|4
Total: 52/60 = 4.33/5

What I Liked
- Pusha slayed every single song he did. His flow, his cadence and his lyrics are just superb.

- Pusha is blessed by the house that Kanye built when it comes to production. The production is extremely hard but they all have lush places for you to land.

- You can find yourself getting immersed in the album to the point of you being there.

What I Did Not Like
- The features of Big Sean, 2Chainz, Future, and Jeezy. They bring nothing to the album and frankly ruin an almost perfect product.

Justin Timberlake: The 20/20 Experience PT.2

1|Gimme What I Don't Want to Know|4.5
2|True Blood| 1
3|Cabaret ft. Drake| 5
4|TKO| 3
5|Take Back the Night| 5
6|Murder ft. Jay-Z| 3.75
7|Drink You Away| 3
8|You Got it On| 4.
9|Amnesia| 4
10|Only When I Walk Away| 5
11|Not a Bad Thing| 3
Total: 41.25/55 = 3.75/5

What I Liked
- Justin's voice is superb as always. He has this fantastic poppy voice that oozes with swagger.

What I Did Not Like
- Production was very subpar to the point of boredom.

- Song lengths way too long on this one

- Didnt feel cohesive.

Lorde: Pure Heroin

1|Tennis Court|4.5
2|400 Lux|5
3|Royals|5
4|Ribs|4
5|Buzzcut Season|4
6|Team|5
7|Glory and Gore|5
8|Still Sane|3.5
9|White Teeth Teens|3.5
10|A World Alone|5
Total: 44.5/50 = 4.45/5

What I Liked
- This chick is 16 from New Zeland who has the voice of a seasoned vet. She has this smokey old tone to it without feeling outdated.

-Production is good, could have been a little better.

-Very cohesive, you can play this album front to back and just be lost in the sounds.

What I Did Not Like
- Production could have been better. Some of the kick drums weren't as hard as they should of been and some of the piano wasn't as lush as it should have been.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Finally listened to Kiss Land.... its amazing.

Duuudddeeee...I don't like Future either, but he does his damn thing on Pain. Same with 2 Chainz and Big Sean. Both did well on Who I Am.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Oct 6 2013, 11:23 AM
Duuudddeeee...I don't like Future either, but he does his damn thing on Pain. Same with 2 Chainz and Big Sean. Both did well on Who I Am.

No. You are just blinded by the hype of King Push. Future mumbles through the hook and it sounds terrible. 2Chainz and Big Sean bring nothing to the material Pusha is talking about and just doesn't fit.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 6 2013, 03:29 PM

No. You are just blinded by the hype of King Push. Future mumbles through the hook and it sounds terrible. 2Chainz and Big Sean bring nothing to the material Pusha is talking about and just doesn't fit.

Not in the least. How can I be blinded by the hype? I heard Pain like a year ago and Who I Am months ago. No hype then. Plus, how am I blinded by the hype and you're not when we give the album pretty much the same rating?

And if I was blinded by the hype, then I would like Numbers on the Board which has the worst fucking beat ever to be produced.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Oct 6 2013, 11:47 AM

Not in the least. How can I be blinded by the hype? I heard Pain like a year ago and Who I Am months ago. No hype then. Plus, how am I blinded by the hype and you're not when we give the album pretty much the same rating?

because you think Big Sean, Future and 2Chainz were good, when they were not at all.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 6 2013, 03:50 PM

because you think Big Sean, Future and 2Chainz were good, when they were not at all.

Explain to me how I am blinded by hype if I heard all of these songs long before the album dropped and liked them then and like them now.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Oct 6 2013, 11:52 AM

Explain to me how I am blinded by hype if I heard all of these songs long before the album dropped and liked them then and like them now.

just told you why. Noob.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 6 2013, 03:55 PM

just told you why. Noob.

Yet you didn't. If I liked these songs when there was no hype and after double digit listens, I still like them. How is it possible for me to be blinded by hype?

And I never said 2 Chainz and Big Sean were good on Who I Am. I said they managed not to ruin it and did "well". Future's hook on Pain is so fitting for the song too. You just hate them because of who they are. You see, 2 Chainz, Big Sean, or Future on a song and say "well, this track sucks." You don't bother seeing if they did ok on it.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Oct 6 2013, 11:56 AM

Yet you didn't. If I liked these songs when there was no hype and after double digit listens, I still like them. How is it possible for me to be blinded by hype?

Why are you going on this blinded by hype thing when it is obvious I don't care/kidding

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 6 2013, 04:00 PM

Why are you going on this blinded by hype thing when it is obvious I don't care/kidding

BECAUSE YOU MADE ME SPANGRY.