Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day

Growing up, my parents were the ones that instilled the love of hockey into me. My dad tried hard to go pro, but never got the opportunity too, and my mother was always just crazy into the games on the TV. It's been a while since I've gotten the chance to see them, what with San Fran and Antigonish being so far a part, that I thought Parent's day would be a great time to fly them out. For the trip, I got them their round trip airfare and put them up in a beautiful hotel (Fairmont, is hella nice) and picked up their food tabs. These two have given me so much through my life that all of that still doesn't begin to make up for the opportunity I've been afforded. Finally, I of course got them to a few games, and made sure that they got an exclusive tour of the facilities and meet and greets with their favourite players.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

EVO: Ok, obviously I'm not a father yet, but I hope to become one.............once I get the chance to get married..........please don't judge, I'm not the best socially. Either way, for my father's day, my dad has really been pining for me to come to my roots and visit them in Nigeria. More to the point, dad really had zero want for anything else, monetary or otherwise, all he just wanted was for me to "Enjoy some fufu and okra soup in the garden with some kilishi beef on the side". So that's exactly what I did. I booked the ticket for the plane journey from Dallas to Enegu via Lagos, then I caught the cab towards my parent's house in the outskirts. The look on my dad's face was worth the whole journey, and just as well, it was my first time In Nigeria since I was drafted.

Oh, and yes, we did have that fufu and okra soup in the garden and munched on some kilishi beef as well............still spicy as I last remembered.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Family has always been a huge influence on William Hartmann. His parents, David and Dominique, have consistently provided William and his older brother Christian with the means to thrive and follow their dreams. Hockey isn't a cheap sport to play, but Hartmann's parents supported him through his journey to the Swiss League and eventually the SMJHL. With Parents' Day coming up, the family would normally come together in a celebration back home in Lugano, but with the quarantine things were a bit harder. Despite this, William wanted to give his parents a memorable Parents' Day, so he worked with Christian to come up with a plan. After the Whalers were eliminated from the playoffs, Hartmann flew to the United Kingdom, self-quarantined for two weeks without issue, and then flew to Switzerland from there. William and Christian planned this over the last couple weeks of the system to surprise their parents with a reunited family for the first time in quite a while, with the family being separated by a pandemic and reduced to communicating over the Internet. There is truly no greater gift than being together as a family.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Maxime doesn't have any kids but if he did, he definitely would have loved to take his kids to the park for a day out. Enjoy some sunshine, take in a milkshake from somewhere that sells milkshakes, swing on a swing, ya know, big kid stuff. The best things in life are sometimes the smallest most insignificant things. And sometimes that's just acting like a kid and taking in the world from their point of view. So that's what he would do for father's day. Be with the kids and make sure they know where they came from. Asides from that, he doesn't really know what else he would do. This doesn't seem like the appropriate place to take in his usual huffing of petrol, but maybe when the kid isn't looking he would have a little whiff. Old habits die hard after all. It can get pretty hard to break them.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Alexei and Andrei Petrikov decided to surprise their dad Mikhail by flying him in for father's day. They gave Mikhail a tour of the Anchorage locker room, and after all that was over, they took him out to dinner. But this was not just a normal dinner, they had contacted a bunch of his old team mates from the Prince George Firebirds and had them come out to the dinner as well. Mikhail was pleasantly surprised by this get together, and spent most of the night reminiscing about the old days of winning the cup. This was also a great experience for Alexei as well, as he got to pick the brains of some great players, like Mikhail Lokitonov, for advice about how to succeed, not only in the SMHJL, but also in the SHL too. So all in all, it was a wonderful night for the whole Petrikov family.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

LPLL is a father of two! One is in 10th grade and the other is in 8th. Obviously this is on the older side for hockey players but keep in mind LPLL is one old ass mother fucker, I forget what he is canonically but I believe he is currently in his mid 40s. So his kids honestly dont care too much about fathers day, they are too busy being moody ass teens. Nevertheless, he does get some love from his wife, who makes him breakfast in bed and turns on his favorite TV show. Later on he will get gifts from his kids. New socks! LPLL goes through socks like nobodys business, so this is honestly his favorite gift of the night, even more of a gift than the anal sex he had with his wife later that night. They also got to get a meal at his favorite deep dish pizza place in town. All in all it was a great fathers day