Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 07:08 PM by goilers. Edited 4 times in total.)

(3 TPE) 1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Cooper

(3TPE) 2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?
I had a feeling Seattle was going to make it again with their roster being very similar. I had a feeling they could do it again & that if they were to lose it would have to be a huge upset. I think the scoring depth that Seattle has is unbeatable right now & that if they don't lose any players next season I won't even be surprised to see them have another great season. I wouldn't put it passed them right now. 83 Words
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?
I think each team has played very well offensively. But I think if Lind & Manning continue to play the way that they are & how good of seasons they are having it would be hard to choose who would play better in the offseason. I think if no one has figured them out this far along what's changed now? I guess the winner of the series will determine the better players.
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.
I procrastinated & I already know Seattle took it home, but there was never any doubt in my mind if they would or not. I think Seattle scoring depth & strong lineup all around is what helped them get there. They have everything you could ever want on a team right now. 52 words

(3 TPE) 3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?
I think Greyson Cooper's resolution this year is to eat better & take better care of himself. He really wants to work on the physical part of his game, not necessarily hitting & being physical in a game but actually taking better care of himself with proper food, weights & training. He already does weights and training quite a bit but mostly wants to focus on eating the right foods. Right before the playoffs this season he switched to a new eating routine & started making sure he was getting all the proper nutrients that he needed & he actually had one of the best playoffs of his career & ended up getting the most points on the team & helping the team get to the quarter-finals. Hopefully, if he can keep it up he will have a breakthrough season next season if he can keep up with this new routine & New Year's resolution.

(3 TPE) 7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3 TPE - Milestones

(2 TPE) 18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?
I think the playoffs were actually quite predictable with the Seattle winning regular season & ultimately taking home the Challenge Cup. I think they had a powerhouse team & if I were to choose any team at the end of the regular season I would have chosen them to take it anyways. Props to Manhattan for making it to the finals as well once again but I'm really not surprised at the outcome. I think what surprised me the most is that the Buffalo Stampede made it to the quarterfinals & lost to Manhattan when we really weren't expecting to make it that far. 104 words

(2 TPE) 23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Cute
Orange
Orangatang
Pokes
Eyes
Right out

+16 TPE

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Milestones, +1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303391

Trivia, +3
Verification word: applepie

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. I think the Rage really took a lot of people by surprise last season, especially when you had titans like Winnipeg and Seattle kind of stealing the spotlight. Even though they fell short again this time around, I do believe they were a different beast from last season. They were already pretty deep in all aspects, and they added to that during their season and made themselves even more powerful.

b. Even though the series is complete, I think it was already written in stone that Seattle had the best shot at winning it again this season. Rarely do we see teams repeat, especially with so many teams icing deep squads, but with the sheer amount of talent littered across the Seattle roster it really came as no surprise that they took it all home again.

Code:
Words: 50+ each

3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
Where do I even begin with this? Just now passing the 1300tpe mark, there's still plenty of work to be done in most areas of my game. Looking around the league and judged off performances by similar players, anywhere between 1000-1500tpe is kind of a dead zone for a lot of people. We seem to perform really well at the beginning stages of our careers and then once again near the end. Anyway; I'd love to continue working on the offensive side of my game, since that's my primary assignment, but the defense is definitely going to be a focus for me moving forward the next season or two. We're able to generate goals and scoring chances down the lineup, so improving my 200-foot performance, I think, is really going to pay some heavy dividends for the rest of the team. Physically, I'd like to bulk up a bit too so I can be more effective in applying that force on the opponent, to try and force more turnovers. Next season I'd also like to surpass the PPG mark again, as this season I matched it exactly with 66 points.

Code:
Words: 150+

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
I think a lot of the IIHF goes completely unnoticed because it's so terribly advertised, but the lack of disparity is definitely showing in the standings when it comes to international play. The usual suspects are going to remain atop the standings in this season; by that I mean you will see teams like Finland, Sweden, Norway, USA, and Canada taking most of the top spots among the rankings. When it comes to my team, Ireland, I think we're still a couple of years away from really competing for Gold again. A couple of seasons ago we made a cinderella run and took home the Silver medal, but it was mainly a fluke IMO. However, we are still growing and gaining new bodies to help build for the future. For other countries, I think you can see some surprises in teams like Germany and Japan; ones that aren't normally favored but have strong showings almost every IIHF tournament.

Code:
Words: 150+

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Honestly I think the playoffs had a little bit of both; a couple of surprises, and some things that were really expected. For one, I think Buffalo going as far as they did was completely out of the blue; they don't have a strong team whatsoever, and their goalie is sub-800tpe... they shouldn't have made it all the way to the conference finals. Also, it's rare that you see a team back-to-back, even with how strong Seattle's team is, so that was also a surprise. Not to mention that the matchup was a repeat of last year, with Manhattan falling once again at their hands.

Code:
Words: 100+

23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
Me
Always
Da
Shooter

My
Cannon
Be
Rippin'
In
Da
Empty (nets)

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

CW Pass for being GM

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 07:46 PM by diacope. Edited 4 times in total.)

1) diacope (3)

2) a. One hundred percent, everybody on team got better at what they do best and the roster added a few more faces to fill any cracks in the system. Sucks they ended up losing but this season will for sure put them and keep them on the map for any free agents in hopes of success. (1)

b. It's true you never know what can happen and they prevailed this time around mostly due to shaking off the bad stuff and continuing to play their game plan. The only thing I can see changed different from last time around is the experience used instead of focusing on new strategies last minute. (1)

c. I know it's over now but the deeper you go into the playoffs the harder it gets so my answer would have been no because someone will always be checking the game film when it's all on the line. Looking now it looks like I was right, Lind scored at the beginning and every other game the scoring was lower, no more goals for Manning! (1)

d. Before the playoffs started my bet would have been on the Rage in a close race only because I don't really know the league, six games? Rarely go with 7. I like underdogs and they haven't won in a long time.. I also like their logo more so would have been a green light for me. Good luck next season! (1)

3) My players New Years resolution is almost the same as every other year, be a better person for my team and everybody else around me. I have the skills down in terms of hockey the coach would say during practice but I'm always adjusting and I'd like to be more stable overall, more active in all aspects of my life. I'm not perfect and problems always occur, just got to keep reminding myself! With all of that checked more goals would be cool though so our already deadly roster has an even better ride to the finals, yeah you heard me right.. We will make the finals because our team is just that good and I don't see any room for improvement other than a few cherries on top, unless of course we have no control over anything because it's all simulation.. I'm going to regret this I know it Wink. (3)

7) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305139 (2)

18) I would say the possibility of the two meeting up again was in the back of all our minds and definitely expected, since I was cheering for Manhattan to win I'd say I'm a little surprised thinking that they were even better than last season in this series, especially having a ton of momentum at the end. One thing that stands our for sure is the defensive efforts by both teams, not only did Manhattan solve that problem last season but their opponents in Seattle quickly adjusted and did the same making it another tight series that showed a lot more experience from both sides.. Can't get any more exciting than that! (2)

23) Ridin
Abidin
Backslidin (and)
Idolizin
Nonconflictin
Obligatin (then)
Vanishin (2)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

nourman

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. This Rage team is definitely good like their last team was but in a very different team but honestly neither team is nothing to scoff at they're both very sticky nasty little rosters but the current team is just brimming with some crazy offensive firepower they're honestly a bit of a problem some real crazy guys compared to last year in my opinion.

b. I think that there is truly absolutely no doubt in my mind that Seattle could do it again man I think if you disagree you need to examine yourself and your thinking because these guys are not only very good players as they were last year, but they have championship experience now man they finna get the dub.

c. I think they can both keep it up to some extent, they're both great players so if anyone can keep up this blazing pace they're on, its for sure them, but I do think if either of these teams want to win it, the key to the series definitely lies within which of these teams does a better job of stopping the all stars on the opposite end of the ice from them.

d. I think its no doubt in my mind that Seattle is making like young drizzy drake and they're going back to back (Manhattan being Meek Mill in this scenario). If it ain't broke don't fix it, Seattle won with these cats before and now they have the experience from the last championship? Uh yeah gimme some Seattle stocks please and thank you.

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

I think ultimately it's not secret that B Jobin kind of stinks big time, obviously the Steelhawks are in a rebuild and they can't properly support him with elite defenders to help ease him into being the guy, but the reality for the Jobster is that if he ever DOES wanna be the guy he's just gonna have to step up and be the next big dog himself. He wants to improve everything in the new year by being faster, stronger, smarter, sexier, and that's just the start to be honest. Hamilton is a long way off but if Jobin can steal a game or fifty who knows man who really knows. Jobin has the family pedigree, but with a little but of effort and tenacity I think he could propel the Steelhawks into some scary territory next year. Outside of hockey though, B Jobin's primary goal is to be a better person in his daily life by like not bullying kids during charity events or not screaming at fans who ask for a photo with him.

Code:
7. Milestones, 2 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

CLAIM FOR 2 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

I was not even a little bit suprised by this year's playoffs I always knew Seattle was gonna win it all because their roster is great and good and Tig is so smart he's a fantastic General Manager honestly he makes a lot of you other General Managers look like BUMS to be completely frank also I love repeat finals because dynasties are cool and rematches are cool as well just a great year happy new year SHL family!

Code:
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Just
Our
Best
In
Net

Jobin!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:19 PM by Roobacca. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3
DEFENSE
Goals -> 13 or more
Assists -> 30 or more
Points -> 45 or more
+/- -> +20 or higher
Penalty Minutes -> 22 or fewer
Shots on goal -> 153 or more
Hits -> 86 or more
Takeaways -> 37 or more
Shots Blocked -> 72 or more
Fights Won -> 1 or more
Powerplay Points -> 16 or more
Takeaways -> 37 or more
Shots Blocked -> 72 or more
Fights Won -> 1 or more
Powerplay Points -> 16 or more

CW trivia - frank - 3 tpe

20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)

There are many compelling factors in making judgements on a nice babbling brook, but the most important is the sound. The creek needs to have the right ratio of riffles, bends and pools to get that perfect sound. This golden ratio is also critically important to the other components of a good creek, like beauty and biodiversity. These pools and riffles create differences in stream flow allowing for more diverse habitats. For example, trout need both fast and slow moving water as the fast moving water pushes food right to them but the slow moving water provides a calm place for them to rest and preserve energy. The bugs that the trout feed on rely on the calmer waters to reproduce. However you need a balance because who likes a stream that’s full of bugs. My perfect stream would also include a nice little waterfall thrown in which not only looks nice but also puts more oxygen into the water.

Surprisingly
Polite
Amazingly
Mediocre

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)

Instead of a simulated hockey league we will instead be competing in jousting. Many of our team bonding activities have incorporated our team’s mascot. At first we would just go on casual horseback rides though the country but we picked up jousting as a way to really connect with the themes behind the mascot. I doubt that any of the other teams in the league joust recreationally so I think we will wipe the floor with them. The best part about it is most of the gear can be reused, with sticks replacing lances and pads replacing armor. Goalies blockers with also be used obviously. The season would consist of a series of tournaments where all 20 skaters face off against their counterparts from the other team with the goalies going last as a tie breaker. The playoffs would be top six teams taking part in a final tournament all held on the same day with the top two teams getting a first round bye.

Spam spent some time soul searching in the offseason and decided that in the new year he would make an effort to generate more offense on the power play. The knights power play has been a little inconsistent the past couple seasons which has been killing any kind of offensive momentum the team generates. By capitalizing on these chances they can start shifting that goal differential a little closer to even. There’s really no one trait that generates a good powerplay though. Spam is more of a puck distributor than a shooter so he’s got to show more trust in his teammates to finish plays, all of whom are more than capable shooters. On the other end recovering rebounds is going to be a huge factor. Lots of goals were let in this season because spam got muscled off of a juicy rebound in front of the net. There is no one else to blame for those.

On paper Bohdan had an interesting season. Finished the year fourth in the league in points, and helped his team win the championship! The Falcons took control of the +/- stat and surprisingly Bohdan did not finish top 10. This leads me to believe that he was getting a lot of poweplay points. Which was not really the case. Finishing a +49 is great, but not finishing in the top 10 when you are third in points. This means Bohdan was on the ice for too many goals against in my mind. Tightening up defensively will be extremely important for the next season. Bnana Waffles ends his junior career with a championship, and this means Bohdan will have to step up this year to help lead the team. Also finding the back of the net a little more. He may be a play maker but we will need someone to cover the the loss that Bnana helped the team with. Detroit can really make another run this year, a strong returning roster. Bohdan defenisvely needs improvement this years, and capitalizing on his scoring chances.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)

We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Well, I fully believe that the three living war boats would win the fight. We are safe to presume this fight will happen on water as they are boats. How can you compete with magical boats that have full control of their actions. These three boats could easily control the battlefield, and the fact that it is just 3 boats vs 3 boats makes that even easier. I don't care how well the crews of these bulls work. The magical boats would be able to make movements and decisions that a crew just wouldn't compete with. Being able to consciously fire, and direct their movements I don't think it would even be close. Honestly, the only chance the bulls would have is to jump off the ship and try to board the magical ones. The magical boats focus down one ship and easily will just take over the battlefield. 

6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)

Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why 

Fill em up and fill em in, that's the slogan for Season 69 haha funny number (nice). This quote easily translate into hockey. Fill your opponents net with goals, and fill your opponent in with hits. We can all thank the legend Shoresy himself for this quote. Always remember if you can't fill em up fill em in. You're never out of the game no matter the score. Always send a message in Season 69. The team just has to find different ways to win. Whether it is on the scoreboard, or the amount of injuries. If you are in last place, you better have multiple players leading the league in hits. No time to take a night off this year. Fill em up and fill em in ladies and gentleman. Remember that. Smashing records or a slogan along those lines would also be acceptable.

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

I am going to base this statement on the smjhl playoffs. I don't think it was a shock to anyone that Detroit went on to win the championship this season. They had been dominate throughout the entire regular season. Just look at the league leaders for stats. Detroit had all 10 spots in the +/- category. An unbelievable run for them, though they definitely sweat it out in the finals. I think it would be great to see a repeat of the finals. I am biased when I say I think Detroit would take it again. Just a strong squad lead by their Captain Bnana Wafles. So no, I don't believe there was a surprise this season.

Beast Odd Heavy Dangerous (with a puck) Assist Naive

+3 TPE - Milestones

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 08:57 PM by Gooney. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification: gooney

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

thats the thing here right the key to victory is usually prior experience and then applying that to the game of hockey. so in my mind i think seattle will clearly dif the other opponent. i think that they match up really good against the mannahatan rage and will take them out in probably under 6 games. they have a really well built roster to take the other team down quick.

tommy westbrook very thinkg in the world is eating chicken with his friends and playing video games such as fifa. so for his new years resolution he is going to cut back on eating to many fried chicken because sometimes it makes his guts go like i dont know a little bubbly. and then it will effect his play becasue you have to have good focus when you are playing hockey. he is also goiung to work on his slap shot more becasue they say that the more power you put on a shot the more chance of a good goal going into the net. so he is practicing shooting the puck harder and harder and eventually becaomse muscle memory.  so his resolutuon this year is to keep practiing hard at hockey and keep doing what he loves to do the most and thats scoring goals in the shl. go steelhawks and merry holidays all my friends.,

4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

ben waters jr is my most heated rival in the simulation hockey league. he plays for the edmonton blizzard and everyday little tommy westbrook but this time i upd dreams about wining against him and beating him which he does a lot. he is a little guy and tommy wants to pick him up and throw him around against the ice while also winning the game at the same time. they have always been big rivals, even going back all the way to the juniors. ben waters junior played for the st louis scarecrows and tommy and him matched against eachother so many times that this rivarly blossomed into a full blown rivalry that will last for many years has long as tommy westbrook but this time i upd still has his heart pumping he will be a rival of ben waters jr. he dreams of him at night and it keeps him up at night and it makes him mad.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

wow this sure is a silly little random interesting question. let me think on this and what do i think will win. it honestly is a little close and i do not think there is clearly one clear winner in this situation. but the more i think of it the more i think it would be the war boats because they probably have guns right and cannons? right? so the more you think of this question the more you realize how not smart it really is. what exactly would a little cow do against a war boat? no seriously.  tell me why this is a question? even if you say the boat is on land the cows still dont have a chance. please keep the questions on the topic of fake simuatlion hockey. i had to ask my friends what a war boat was because i was thinkikng there is no way you actually meant like a large navy ship? and you did so next question please.

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305310

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 09:34 PM by Nike. Edited 8 times in total.)

Code:

Nike +3

Code:

Code:
a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

There is a pretty good likely hood that this is a different beast than last season’s Rage and their scoring will come more from the entirety of their lineup. However, we also know that this Seattle team is really strong in their own end and tough to score on. It will be interesting to see which side wins out.

Code:

This Seattle core can absolutely forge the same path as last year’s roster. With only 2 differences from the team that was Challenge Cup bound the prior season, they have proven that they have what it takes to win it all. I would suspect that the experience being here last year is a boon to that team and helps them take it home.

Code:

Max Manning has been a mainstay and top tier talent throughout the SHL playoffs for most of his career. Nothing about this run to the cup seems to be any different and he will likely continue to be a significant part of the Argonauts success. Lind will also likely drive play for Manhattan, but ultimately I think that goaltending is going to be the key to this series.

Code:
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

Seattle is likely to be victorious in my mind. The Argonauts just have so much talent on their roster from top to bottom and have the bevy of playoff and cup experience behind them. Have no doubts however, this Manhattan team has also been here before, they have a great history of winning and they have a roster that can compete with the best in the league. It’s just likely that Seattle brings is home in my mind.

Code:

This year, Nike’s new year’s resolution is to stay in shape. It’s pretty challenging as an older veteran to keep up with the top players in the league. And each year, it gets more and more difficult to be a truly impact player down the stretch if you don’t have great conditioning and physical attributes. The SHL seasons are long, and when you have spent nearly every season of your career on a strong playoff contending team like I have, it can make the offseasons pretty grueling. This year, we didn’t quite make it out of the conference, which does give me some extra offseason time to focus on my game and getting ready for the upcoming season. However, the real focus during this offseason and the new years resolution is to prepare my body for a long season. Getting older means injuries and nagging aches can be the difference between a team that flourishes in the playoffs and falls off a cliff when they games matter the most.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

There is something inside of me that just can’t stand Hamilton. For a long time I have been in this league and I always couldn’t stand that organization. It has nothing to do with the people, as they have always been kind to me. And yet, something inside of me has this burning need to beat them every time I go out on the ice. And then, Hamilton had that string of success in the last 10 seasons or so that were almost unbearable. They were in the finals more frequently than even every other year. They seemed to come out of the east just about every year and find their way to the Cup finals. My dream matchup would be this current Chicago squad in our prime during some of those best Hamilton teams in a Challenge Cup final. And sweeping them in a clean four games wouldn’t hurt either. Unfortunately, they haven’t quite had all that much success of late. Or should I say, fortunately? ?

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305297 +1

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Did the playoffs go exactly as expected this year? I would say for the most part, yes the field trimmed down to mostly the best teams. The only real surprises came on the back of some seeding. Mostly though, I think we saw two of the best rosters in the SHL in the Challenge Cup final and we saw Seattle pull out yet another Challenge Cup victory. Manhattan has to be devastated after building such a strong roster that they had to run into Seattle again, but Seattle made short work of just about everybody they met on their way to the finals and pushing them to a 7th and final game isn’t a bad way to end your season, despite how disappointing we know that that feeling is.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

1) Sandwiches

3) My player's new year's resolution does not really matter because he never follows through with them anyways. But is he has to choose one thing to try and change about himself it would be updating, I mean working on his skills in a meaningful way that actually improves his on ice performance. but seeing as D is a lazy piece of shit and just coasts this probably will not happen. I give him maybe 2 weeks max to actually do what he sets out for himself before he gives up entirely and returns to his sedentary ways. If he wants to set one that he could actually achieve, it would be to sit his ass on a couch and eat pizza rolls by the pound. That is something he can and has worked into his life. He will be sweating straight grease before the end of this year. Happy New Year.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

gm pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Verification word: go leafs

Answer: It is up to each individual hockey player to decide on their own New Year's resolutions. Some common resolutions for hockey players might include improving their physical fitness, working on a specific skill or aspect of their game, or setting goals for the number of games or points they hope to achieve in the coming year. It is also possible that a hockey player might make resolutions related to other aspects of their life, such as their education or relationships. Ultimately, the specific resolutions that a hockey player chooses will depend on their personal priorities and goals. For Mats Marner his New Years resolution is to improve his charitable work for Ukraine and raise more money and volunteer more to support the war efforts to support Ukrainians in the defence of their country against the oppressive Russian regime. Marner would also like to visit Ukraine at some point in 2023 to help with the rebuilding efforts after Ukraine defeats Russia.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.
Answer: In today’s day and age, it is not appropriate to encourage or glorify violence or aggression, regardless of the circumstances. It is important to remember that all living beings, whether they are humans, animals, or machines, deserve respect and to be treated with kindness. It would be much better to find ways to resolve conflicts peacefully and without resorting to violence. Now that we got the PC stuff out of the way, in a fictional scenario I think living war boats would definitely win that fight because bulls would not be able to smash through titanium steel. Bulls cannot also swim in the deeper water where the boats could attack using long range missiles. Also bulls could easily be shot by the small navy of three living war boats with eyes and all the bulls could do to damage the war boats would be to charge them and stomp on their eyes which would be a very difficult task when the boats are in the water.

3 TPE Link: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305187

20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.
Answer: It is difficult to say exactly what I would be looking for in a creek competition without knowing more about the specific goals and criteria of the competition. Some potential factors that might be considered in evaluating creeks could include water quality, biodiversity and ecological health, cultural and historical significance, and recreational opportunities. In order to choose a championship creek, I would carefully review all relevant information and consider all of the relevant factors in order to make a fair and informed decision. It might also be helpful to involve a panel of experts or judges with diverse backgrounds and perspectives in order to ensure that the evaluation process is thorough and fair. In order to determine the championship creek, it would also be important to establish a clear set of criteria and to apply those criteria consistently to all of the creeks being evaluated. I do not have many personal preferences or biases when it comes to creeks, so I would approach evaluating a creek competition in an objective and impartial manner.

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Answer: Marner

Magical
Attentive
Roudy
Nice
Extroverted
Realistic

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
hope i got it

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag

a. No, i think it was basically the same challenge for the Manhattan Rage while facing the Seattle Argonauts. If we compare the scores in the playoff to last season, Manhattan ended up scoring way more than they did in the current playoff run. due to this, i think it might be even harder for the rage to get something going. 60

b. Yeah i definitively think that the fact the Seattle Argonauts kept their team fairly similar, only doing some minor changes to their roster played in their favor to win the cup once again. Keeping the core keeps their momentum going and i don't think the change they made were downgrades, so its all for them. 55

c. Both have been performing really well in the playoff runs and we can see that Max Manning kept the edge over Tomas Lind in term of goal for the playoff run, which was enough to push his team to the cup this season. Tomas Lind was way better in term of assisting his teammates, but at the end of the day, Manning had it all going. 66

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305329

Congratulations to the Seattle Argonauts for their win! I'm a bit mitigated about the fact that it was a repeat of last season and to get the same winner. While it's all to Seattle's honor to have an amazing team, i'd love to see more teams win the big championship. Especially since i have some good friends on Manhattan so I'd have loved to see them get that trophy. At least this time i feel like the serie was a lot closer than it was last season, and im expecting to see both of those team make another run at the playoff next season. 104

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
In the this movie, you'd have Superb Owl being the star of the day. The snowy owl would start the movie chasing the rats that his best friend Nevek Kove released in the arena. After that, he would be proudly presented to the crowd right before the last game of the final, where the Quebec City Citadelles have a chance to clinch the cup at home. However, as the match is into play, the team realise during the first intermission that their precious mascot is missing. The team would later find out that it's the rival team that took it away, hoping to get into the head of the Citadelles. You'd then see the team trying to find their mascot while still being available to jump on the ice when it's their shift. It would be a lot of action and timing to jump back on the ice in time, while trying to stay undercover so the other team and the crowd doesn't notice. 164

King
Of
Valiant
Entertainers

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:53 AM by Drokeep. Edited 5 times in total.)

1-Trivia: Bagel 3tpe

4-3tpe
Despite playing them the last two years, the team I want in a series is Manhattan. They always seem to have our number in the playoffs no matter what. Im tired of losing to them because honestly we always end up playing better overall but allow a couple stupid goals and then we can't play from behind. I feel this year is the year we finally can claim that elusive 1st round win. With the team growing the way it is, and the great free agency moves we've made we are set up to finally break the streak. I wish we could meet Manhattan in the final so the victory is even more sweeter, but a 1st round obliteration would also do the trick. I also want to add that if I was still in the J, the team would be the Berserkers or QCC. Tired of those two as well

5-3tpe
I find it so hard to believe that the boats dont take this one in any kind of situation. We are talking about steel and iron ginormous vehicles that are made specifically to get absolutely hammered and to last months at the salty sea. I was going to do a scenario at sea but that wouldnt even be close. Hell the bulls would probably just drown and the ships can just stand around doing nothing waiting for the demise of the bulls. In land things get a bit more interesting because the bulls can actually reach the ships... only to get absolutely shredded by the armaments of the navy vessels. Tell me, what is a bulls going to do against a ships main cannon gun? Hell even the anti air or the point defense can obliterate the pack. With 3 ships at your disposal there is no way to lose against the bulls.

7- Milestones 3tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305363

18-2tpe
Well another Seattle victory is what everyone saw coming. With the team staying mostly the same. It would be hard to dethrone them. As for Manhattan it was shocking that they had a bit of a hard time getting to the final and should've won it this time. While the parity has been nice since we are seeing new teams come forward, I wish we didnt get so many repeat teams in finals, let alone the complete matchup. Definitely makes it less interesting for everyone watching. That being said im glad Manhattan lost since I dont want anyone else in our division to win it

23-2tpe
Hungry
Astounding
Narwhal
Scouter

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

racecar