Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

Herman Ståhl never skips leg day. If anything to go by, he makes it a priority.

The day starts off warming up as always. A solid foundation of warming up your muscles and activating your body leads to less injuries overall and a more effective work out. After that, it's all about the gym. And in the gym, it's all about the explosiveness. Making sure that the leg strength comes in handy with the amount of times one needs to get up and down and across the ice to save the pucks, getting in that foundational work out ensures that when he steps on the ice, he is ready to make an impact.

The follow up to that is stepping onto the ice for practice. Playing hockey and working out when you are already tired and have done your job makes you more ready when you are at the edge of your endurance and have to take that final step to ensure the victory is yours.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

option 2 written

Alright now Sim Wen loves hitting leg day he's a total machine out there just pumping up those legs of his to be absolutely massive. The benefits that it gives him for skating are an added bonus but really he's training to have legs that look identical to Sidney Crosby's tree trunks that you can find online. That guy could box jump a bungalow which is coincidentally what Sim Wen is trying to do and he's going to get all his teammates like Binko @goldenglutes and eel @hotdog and angus mcpipe if he's still around by that point @micool132 to watch him do it so they can admire his big strong legs. Once he can do that the force that he makes through his legs will be enough to make him the best skater ever even if he might crack the ice in half every time he takes a stride because of how much raw power those beefy legs of his hold.

162 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Option 2:

Like most European players, Marton is always up for some football (soccer) training. That's generally more for coordination than strength training, though. He will take a cue from them for exercises like sand running and parachute sprints.

Back to some Survivor challenges though, and this time it's Sea Legs or Bermuda Triangle. Oh, it looks simple enough, just a wooden triangular prism that you gotta stand on. But you only got these little tiny planks to put your bare feet on, so you have to contort and grip with all of your soles and whatever toes you can make contact with. Everyone thinks about strength in their thighs but here we're building strength in our feet! As you bring your legs closer together moving up the prism, it increasingly stresses your balance, strengthening your calves and of course your core. And don't forget that you're doing this on a body of water (Marton is allowed to use the community pool) so the whole dang thing is moving around too.

Go check out one example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj9ehvWi...vivorOnCBS

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

I think everyone would be baffled, as you say. However, if Hodor can continue to produce Orr level plays, then we'd have to get scientific about it. We'd conduct experiments about what situations the Orrness flares up in and exactly what triggers the Orritude and when. We'd have to test if the Orrosity is transferrable somehow or replicable to the whole team. We'd take measurements to try and track down the Orrnergy that Bobby himself is using to influence the real world from the afterlife. We'd try and communicate with Orr by asking him questions with limited answers, putting the answers on targets within the net, and have the current Orrer shoot to see what target gets hit to answer the questions. We'd also see if we could get Orr to haunt opponents during games to freak them out and crank up their anxiety every time they play us for fear of ghosts.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

It started off fairly innocuous. It was a practice like any other. The Dragons had managed to squeak out a win the night before and everyone was in pretty good spirits. The practice started off with skating drills, as usual. Jaden Tanner felt a bit of a pep in his step, but nothing out of the ordinary. In his head, he figured it was just the excitement of winning that last game and nothing more.

Things got interesting when the coach announced shooting drills. Everyone lined up, ready to put pucks on net and try to make Hank look silly. As his turn slowly came around, Jaden felt something ignite in his chest. Normally, he would just skate up to the top of the circles and clap one in the general direction of the net. This time, though, he had to do something more.

He skated it in close, swinging wide from the right wing, and waited for Stopper to bite. Once he caught the goalie starting to move, Jaden sent the puck back, reached between his legs with his stick, and roofed it from behind him.

The team were dumbfounded, Jaden included. He was a hard-nosed stay-at-home defender... this came out of nowhere. His next turn, he tried to do something similar, but fumbled the puck horribly. Seems like it was a one-time thing, Jaden thought, as he went back to sending slapshots from the point.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

First I encounter the expressionless face of Connor Bedard, and now I have this incredible encounter? How lucky am I to have this happen to me? This is crazy! Am I going insane? Is it my obsession to be better and score lots of goals that makes me hallucinate? Probably not... Right? o.O

I'm a sniper who plays on the wing, I wouldn't change my position for it gives me the best chances of scoring goals. Being a defensemen wouldn't do me any good to that end, and let's not talk about being a goalie. I'm not confused as to how I pulled it off, because I feel like I have it in me to do it naturally and it could happen more often and during real games if I work hard and get better. My squad took it well, they laughed and applauded, some whistled even and wished I could pull that off during real games. I do look forward to the visit of the Ghost of Hockey Present.

Very much so.

Red Kirkby has always been a pretty good skater. Although while some might put this down to talent the Kirkby family does not believe in innate ability to be good at something. Instead the reason that he is a proficient skater is because he spent hours and hours and hours in both indoor and outdoor rinks skating with his dad Rx from a really young age. From as early as he can remember he has been on skates and in combination with some top notch coaching from both hockey coaches and dedicated skating coaches he has become one of the best skaters in the entire league. Early in his career he did a lot of strength work to get his power and explosiveness up but now as he enters his later years he instead prefers to focus on rehab like cryo chambers or yoga as he finds that it takes longer for his legs and body in general to recover after a game.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Option 2#
So Thomas has recently changed their leg workout. They used to just bag skate, leg weights etc. However, Thomas has changed tactics after hearing about this thing called molasses. You see, molasses is associated with a southern idiom. "Slow as molasses." Well, Tommy Saws heard this and thought, what if I skated through waist high molasses? Now of course that seems ridiculous, and you are not wrong. Feeling up 100 yards of lane of ice and then feeling that with with any substance is borderline crazy. Not to mention the molasses when cold is very viscous in general. That said, we can't argue with results. My man has been KILLIN it lately. Have you seen his stats? Have you watched him on the ice? He moves so fast and so smooth. He has said that the balancing on his new workout doesn't translate as well to play, but his legs are like tree trunks.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

The encounter with Bobby Orr was indeed surreal, but the subsequent burst of skill the next day was equally surprising. While I wouldn't immediately consider switching positions or playstyle, I'd likely be open to experimenting more with Orr's techniques to see if they consistently enhance my game. Whether the coach considers switching me would depend on how my performance evolves with these newfound skills.

Confusion would definitely linger, but ultimately, I'd laugh it off and move forward, attributing it to a bizarre stroke of luck or perhaps something more mysterious. My teammates would likely react with a mix of shock, awe, and maybe a tinge of envy, but overall, they'd appreciate the added dimension to our practices.

Looking forward to the next visit from the Ghost of Hockey Present, I'm intrigued. If there's a chance to glean insights or improve my game, I'm all for it. Plus, it injects an exciting element of the unknown into our routine, keeping things fresh and unpredictable on the ice.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Skating training is something that gnabe does not do often but when he does it involves a lot of extra steps that are probably not needed for success of the workout. The first thing that gnabe will do on a skating workout day is a whole bunch of single leg standing punches at the local bar this is to ensure that he has strong balance for the day even after a quick drink or seven. After that he gets in the ice and does more single leg punching to again ensure he can balance well and is strong in his feet. After he does that he makes the people he pinched bag skate for the next few hours while he sits there and drinks heavily. There is not point in actually trailing because he found out he is already strong enough on his feet, the other people have to bag skate because, honestly it's fun making people bag skate. Lol

Code:
How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Believe it or not, Kenny does not have a very elaborate or complicated training method. He tends to keep it to the basics, just the usual weight lifting, cardio, and the like. The main thing he does, however, is constantly practice wrestling moves. You see, for Kenny, there is a lot of overlap in the techniques required to ice skate effectively, and the techniques that some wrestling moves require. Therefore, as he sees it, if he trains for one, he's training for the other. So, for most days that he is training, after doing all the basic warmups and light training he normally does, he takes to the wrestling ring he has installed in his personal gym. He begins to run the ropes to make sure his stamina is still top notch, then he performs some of the more elaborate moves he has in his arsenal to keep his mind sharp and to verify that his body is still holding up well. Once he's done with that, he'll usually have a person that's willing to spar with him do that so that he can test everything he's done out on a willing participant. After that, he'll finally go to the ice rink and skate around, usually doing plays he's got to have memorized for when he's out on the ice during a game.

Code:
Word count: 223 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Have you ever been to the Quebec airport and ever wonder how the planes are able to push back? Well if you'd take a look you'd see Supah down there, crab walking as he pushes the plane back. Supah started to this habit as his first job back in the 'Burgh. Supah does this still not only for his own leg strength but to also support the people of Quebec. If you're lucky he might even re align the plane after parking and once you exit you can get his autograph. He is a rather large celebrity within the airport and is rumored to sometimes be seen going to town on some chicken from the airport kitchen. This grueling and repetitive job of pushing the multi-ton metallic machines has been the way for Supah to stay fit and he doesn't like to change his habits so for the foreseeable future you will still see the mustachioed man roaming the taxi ways.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]

Quote:Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

To embark on the journey of skating mastery, one must first forge their legs into pillars of strength and resilience. Begin with a regimen of intense leg workouts, from squats and lunges to calf raises and leg presses, sculpting muscles that will power you through the ice with unrivaled force. But true greatness lies beyond mere muscle—it demands endurance, agility, and a spirit indomitable. Enter the realm of bag skates, where days bleed into nights as you glide across the frozen expanse, each stride a testament to your unwavering dedication. But why stop there? Embrace the madness of innovation, incorporating unconventional methods like skating uphill, navigating obstacle courses, or even skating blindfolded to sharpen your senses and deepen your connection to the ice. In this journey, there are no limits—only boundless potential waiting to be unleashed by those brave enough to pursue it. With all the different programs and technique, Bnana NWaffle will surely find what works best for him, on and off the ice!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

I totally regret not talking to number four Bobby Orr for a longer amount of time on Thursday when I inexplicably encountered his ghost, although Bobby Orr is still alive. - perhaps it was a clairaudient type supernatural time disorienting event. Anyway I went to practice the following day and boy oh boy I was sniping ridiculous Genos and chucking crazy assist saucer styles- I really felt like Bobby frickin Orr ! I thought maybe I should sacrifice for the anchorage armada and play defense rather than offense. I then thought that perhaps this would be too much like that fellow from the kraken, who is projected to be the number one SHL draft pick. I didn’t want to be a total poser so when I felt the presence of Bobby Orr possess my body, I pretended I couldn’t skate and I held the boards like a toddler. I didn’t want anyone being suspicious and asking me “hey man are you Bobby Orr are you interested in playing on defense?” I really hope Bobby doesn’t possess me anymore because I do not want to play defense.

Never ever skip leg day. My player trains legs in a wide range of ways, and often. But not too often, it is important to give your muscles proper rest time in order to maximize growth. He makes sure to hit everything: glutes, quads, hamstring,  adductors, even calves. Leg day is such a drag when it's happening but you feel so great after the fact. The soreness is a sign that you worked yourself well. My player likes squats, one of the more versatile leg exercises. Lunges and Romanian deadlifts are good too. But there are also certain exercises you can do with stretch bands that help simulate the motion of skating, and progressively overloading with bands with more resistance in the band can help make you a stronger skater. That and simply practicing skating. Working on your edges is the most important, so of course my player spends a lot of time practicing edgework.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]