Create Account

Victory Hockey League victory, sweeeeeett victory!

Quote:Originally posted by Ask@Oct 11 2012, 11:46 PM

Not sure I trust that statement with the players from here I've seen joining Wink But maybe it's true? Even though I'm not a fan of the immaturity around here, it's the drama I come back for!

Well we'd love to have ya over there Asky. Smile Honestly, the workload isn't very tough compared to what I see you pump out. You're a good writer and that's a huge advantage in the VHL. I don't want to be recruiting you hardcore over this post so shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Oct 11 2012, 11:49 PM

I meant they hate the SHL in general, not the people that are in both.

Not necessarily, it's ribbing each other.. You guys do it over here as well about us? Go look at what I got negative repped for like last week lol.

Get the VHL, SHL and what ever other player leagues are popular to talk about joining up and starting a super league.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 11 2012, 11:53 PM
Get the VHL, SHL and what ever other player leagues are popular to talk about joining up and starting a super league.

Good idea in theory, but would never work out. Too different of board personalities and way of running the league.

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Oct 11 2012, 11:55 PM

Good idea in theory, but would never work out. Too different of board personalities and way of running the league.

Someone just needs to sit them down and sort it all out.

Can you imagine how active that league would be.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 11 2012, 11:01 PM
We should just merge all the player leagues together into one super player league.

And all start fresh in it.

Ninja

Too much overlap.

I'm a proud member of both leagues and have not once seen this SHL hate. Maybe a couple jokes about it, but that's as far as that goes. Love both leagues equally <3

Also, that super league idea would flop tbh.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Oct 11 2012, 10:52 PM

Not necessarily, it's ribbing each other.. You guys do it over here as well about us? Go look at what I got negative repped for like last week lol.

That's just because Serpe's a 13 year old retard. Don't mind him.

not sure why they would hate the SHL considering the VHL was originally created as a result of the SHL, by SHL members...

a super league would work. when you have that many members you can make it work for sure. but there would be a lot of issues in terms of who runs it, who gets to be the GMs, there would be a lot of conflict and fighting (you think it gets bad here sometimes...). potential to be a nightmare haha. the biggest thing is both of these leagues are already established and running well so no one would want to fold their respective league.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Oct 12 2012, 08:11 AM
a super league would work. when you have that many members you can make it work for sure. but there would be a lot of issues in terms of who runs it, who gets to be the GMs, there would be a lot of conflict and fighting (you think it gets bad here sometimes...). potential to be a nightmare haha. the biggest thing is both of these leagues are already established and running well so no one would want to fold their respective league.

A merger between the league's will never work, just the overlap of members will literally make people go crazy just from trying to figure out the logistics of how to make thinks work and who gets to do what, and then there is always the people who like one but don't like the other who would lose interest the moment the leagues merge, in the surface it is a good idea, but it would be a nightmare to execute and in the end it wouldn't really accomplish much.

The only interaction that we could feasibly have with VHL would be to have some sort of tournament that included some of their teams and some of ours, and even that would be very difficult to organize and pull off.

Also i completely agree with all of Krever's points.

Or another option is both leagues fold and a new one is made, and users can choose one player from either the SHL or VHL and get compensated with points for how much time they put into that player.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 12 2012, 10:08 AM
Or another option is both leagues fold and a new one is made, and users can choose one player from either the SHL or VHL and get compensated with points for how much time they put into that player.

It'll never happen, plus the moment the leagues fold many members will be lost, hell we lost members by simply switching sites.

Quote:Originally posted by shanYe@Oct 12 2012, 11:08 AM
So Checkmate, who has had all of his VHL players higher than 700 TPE, gets that amount of points? I don't think you realize that in the VHL you are forced to retire after 8 seasons.

Just an idea. I'm happy with two separate leagues as well.