Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions

Quote:There will be no major scandals during the season

This isn't all that bold considering we all know that the scandals typically happen in the offseason. However, I'm going to say this is bold but true, because there's been enough drama in 2020 so far, we really just need to start enjoying this as a game again!

Tampa will not finish with the worst record because 1 thing MICHAEL FITTED. this is fitteds time to shine be alive and fucking dime. Dishing passes like deep dish and beating people like lil fish. Bot will score lots and put da team on zee back fuck what ya heard tanpa 92736289 ti the moon bitches.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs
It's incredibly easy to see this as the outcome at the end of this season, and you need not look further than recent expansion history. As a former expansion GM, it takes time to build up the roster properly and break into the playoffs, and therefore I don't think this is bold whatsoever.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

I do believe, in all of my heart of hearts, that Atlanta will make the playoffs this season, and that is why the “Neither expansion team will make the playoffs” is not bold at all. If you follow hockey at all, or even what each expansion team has done, Atlanta has gone out and killed this Off-Season already. They’ve signed quite a few Free Agents, Like Brady McIntyre, Rainbow Dash, Nolan Sawchuk, and Elijah Jones. They’ve Traded for some great players like Simon LeBlanc and Guy Zheng. I wouldn’t say that the Inferno are going all in, but man have they made some great moves to start their franchise off, and I would be utterly shocked if they do not make it to the playoffs this year.

(127 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2020, 04:26 PM by sulovilen.)

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

This will not happen, because Maine Timber will win the Four Star Cup. Yes, Nevada may have a good season. Better than most believe even. But Timber already showed last season that they are capable of finding ways to win when it matters the most, and the team will be even better this season.

[Image: sulov.gif]

The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts
This is not so bold.  The Seattle Argonauts are a solid team top to bottom - at least for an expansion team.  We have fully 9 players at 900+ TPE and several in the 1200-1500 range along with an experienced GM who knows how to combine those players in the best way possible.  And Toronto only won 10 games last year.

Code:

Code:
There will be no major scandals during the season

(a) This sounds pretty wild.  Our league thrives on drama.  And while maybe we've had more than usually with random GMs stepping down and such.  I'm not sure a group of people this large can go 2 months with out some kind of scandal.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Unfortunately, this is not likely to happen. First of all this is the SHL we're talking about. Second of all, this season is going to encompass the final days of the campaign season and the upcoming US election. Election season in the US already makes people a bit crazy, but currently there is more toxicity in American politics than in this league. I would be SHOCKED if we don't see a lot of name calling, and more likely a bunch of bigotry.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Quote:There will be no major scandals during the season

Not a chance. There will be another controversy/exploit with the sim, even as we enter our fourth season. I am not sure what but someone will find a workaround that gives them a .000001% unfair chance of winning. I also expect at least two suspensions for misconduct and name-calling due to the election coming up. This season will be one for the ages.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

>Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

Absolute horse pucky. Tampa is still the worst team in the league. They have done little to immediately improve themselves and their draft had a couple major gaffs. San Fran has had a more solid offseason and I don't see any reason to think TBB leaps them this year.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy.

Okay, let's take a minute and analyze this. Chicago has several factors working against them this season in spite of their impressive TPE numbers. First, let's consider the good: they have one of the league's reigning top offensive players in Daniel Smeb, who, along with Parker Smeb, formed one of the most dynamic center-defender pairings in the game, even if they didn't often share the ice. Throw on to that Martijn Westbroek - a perennial fantasy favorite - and Corey Kennedy + Lallo Selman, who are in their singular best peak season, and this should be an obvious route to success. Their second and third lines are fantastic as well.

But Chicago does have weaknesses. Their top-end goalie is Tibuk Soonika, who's sitting at 1332 TPE - a pretty respectable amount, but not world-breaking like many of their forwards and defenders. On top of that, the President's Trophy is for winning the most games in the regular season. Chicago has two chronic thorns in their side, namely the Buffalo Stampede and Hamilton Steelhawks, who always find a way to be maximally competitive on a seasonal basis. One can argue that Buffalo, following expansion and free agency (Traut pls), is having a 'down' season. But their entire first line - forwards and defenders included, would be on the verge of 1800+ TPE by the time the season starts. Elizabeth Doyle is a sophomore player with 1,270 TPE - which again isn't elite but is a sign of what's to come provided how young she is.

In short, while Chicago does have a team likely to make noise in the playoffs, they're a victim of their own division and, even with a ton of TPE, nothing in this sim is ever guaranteed.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Quote:Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will
Let me just paint the picture for you about my feelings on take with some symbolism.  If I were to go to war and need some tank commanders, right after asking the S54 Tampa Bay management, it would be closely followed up by the S56 San Francisco Pride management to drive the tank for me.  Nothing against the people personally, it's just the hand they were dealt when going into this season.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Code:
The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

Couldn't disagree more strongly. Keygan will find a way to make Edmonton a contender, not only in the Northwest Division, but to win the whole damn thing.

Code:
27 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Code:
This just isn’t possible, has there ever been a scandal free season in SHL? Someone has to get suspended at some point for some stupid thing, and I am sure NOLA will try to cheat again. That definitely counts as a scandal as far as I’m concerned. And what happens when the file workers mess up again, or someone gets called out for their crap on Discord? Actually we already have a scandal with Aleister Cain unable to sign because of HO’s new salary tier that punishes players for working hard so this prediction is already wrong.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy

As much as I believe, Chicago is among the best teams this season and certainly has a shot at the cup, being in the great lakes division, makes the President's Trophy a hard reach. All the good teams in this division are going to steal points from each other.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath