Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST

Its been a long hard summer of training for Raymond, but one that was needed. This season Raymond is moving back to forward which he hasn't played in 2 seaons. The training to move back to forward is similar to any position in hockey but at the same time there are some subtle differences that are important to train. This off season was an extremely exciting one and one Raymond has trained harder for due to the line up changes and where the team is heading. This seasons Battleborn have a chance to cause some damage in the SMJHL, so the approach for Raymond was to dive heavy into the off season training early, take some time to recover right before training camp starts so that he can enter the season fresh and come out of the gates firing. Lucas wants to make sure that he can be a leader in camp this off season and to do that he needs to push him self harder then anyone in camp. To do that the legs have to be fresh and will put him in a better position come the start of the season.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Another off season and another tail of off-season actives. Hugh Manius did not have the greatest number last season and it hit him hard. Since the post season Hug has surrounded self with strippers and has been doing some pretty extreme partying. So when Joe call for some ridiculous promo Hugh just laugh and said “Go get Lund or maybe Oiluser and leave me out of it. I have better thing to do like check things out, The Penthouse Club, Larry Flynt's Hustler Barely Legal Club, and The Corner Pocket. So unless the promos are their forget about it.” Joe said he understood and at least offer up the promo he was attending at Hunk-O-Mania New Orleans” but to no avail Hugh was not having anything to do with any offseason promos this season. So, it was off to the clubs for more drinking and carousing and this last thing he wanted to think about was the SHL.

Words~158

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Written option 1

Sim Wen got a call from general manager @hotdog last minute telling him to get his ass back to Atlanta to do some marketing thing that he didn't even specify about, so naturally Sim Wen told him to kick rocks and that he would not be coming back a minute later than he had to. He was much more tactful than that of course, he told him that he was too busy doing something up in Quebec for his co gm @micool132 and that was much more important than whatever hotdog had to say since he wouldn't even specify over the phone. Hotdog tried to negotiate but his words meant nothing to Sim Wen who was too busy listening to micool talk about how they were going to win the cup and then he just hung up. Hotdog got over it but promised him that he would not be getting extra money next season since he pulled this stunt this time instead.

162 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Option 2:

Normally during the offseason, Mendenhall will go on a vacation or two with some friends to calm himself before the season, but this season is different. Since he's being called up to the show, Mendenhall has decided to put in some extra work and kiss @Nike's ass in order to get in good standing with his new owner. His first day in Chicago's gym, He spent alone as he was the only one who had shown up, and for good reason. It was 2 weeks before any optional off-season workouts even started. He just wanted to get to work early and make sure he was prepared for the start of his rookie season. Over the course of the next 2 weeks, He worked on everything he could, and he even made sure to do leg day once or twice. Not only did he work out in the gym but he spent some time on the ice playing for a local Chicago beer league team.

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

written prompt the first one

well binko has most definitely enjoyed his off season of lots of relaxing and laying down and laying on his side and laying on his back and sometimes laying on his front and even sitting down occasionally but not too frequently. he heard through the grape vine (his general manager sent him a message directly through a direct messaging platform on the internet) that his general manager would like for binko the koivu to participate in some off season marketing events for the min of sota monarchs where by binko would have to show up and play some golf with some of the executives of the companies that have rented out boxes at the min of sota monarchs! well binko for one does not enjoy golf what so ever so he decided to come up with a devious plan to shirk his responsibilities! binko whispered back through the grape vine that he was too busy training very hard to go and if he took a break from his training that would really disrupt his preparation for the hockey season!! i think it will work what about you @micool132 @Jepox @hotdog

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Prompt 2:

Being one of the oldest players in the league, it's gotten to the point where finding other less orthodox methods in order to keep going has become more and more of a focus for Minamino. There was first the transition from strength to flexibility. When that started to reach a point of plateau, now it was now a sense of stability of the mind. This would go from grounding strategies, mindfulness to now searching for and enriching his life experiences through connecting to nature. Minamino would often find himself spending more and more time outdoors, connecting his inner self with nature and becoming one with the environment. In doing so, he felt that he was able to better focus in game situations as well as hold both his thinking and observing self at the same time in a way that allowed him to both be focused at the task at hand but also hold the bigger picture of the game overall and how everything was coming along.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Option 2

In preparation for the S77 season, newly acquired Montreal Patriot’s Right Winger Xavier Beausoleil should have been hitting the gym more than ever. He should be on the ice performing some drills. Xavier Beausoleil should be hitting them books and learning the Montreal Patriotes’ playbook inside in out in order to be the most efficient and lethal Free Agency (more like a Sign and trade) signing in Patriotes’ history. Instead Xavier Beausoleil has been living the dream of coming back to his own province and meeting up friends and relatives he hadn’t be able to see as much as he would’ve liked since starting his hockey career. Coming back as a hero in little hometown of St Gabriel de Brandon, he spent most of his time catching up with his buddies and eating as much poutine as his stomach would let him. The first game of the season might hit him harder than he would like but we can be sure that his morale is at an all time high. Watch out!

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 10:18 PM by MikeLiut.)

OPTION 2

Preseason training changed a lot for Ekaterina. She used to drink a lot, eat poorly, and get into trouble. She had ties with the mafia, organized illegal dog fights, and engaged in many illicit activities during the summer. However, in Baltimore, she learned what it takes to become a professional athlete, even though she spent her childhood as an Olympian weightlifter. Now, during the last few weeks before the team reunites, she hits the gym and does her best to stay in shape. There’s no time for rest. This offseason was quite short because the team reached the finals this year, so she decided not to stop. Jogging, stretching, gym training on Monday. Wednesday and Fridays, on-ice training with a skating coach on Tuesday and Thursday, and drills on Saturdays. And some video training on Sundays. While it may not be the best strategy as she gets older, she believes she is in her prime and must do everything in her power to improve and strengthen the team.

WC:168

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Option 2:

Comng round into his 1st SHL season, Murdock's got some business to think over. Coming in and centring the 2nd line in your rookie season is no easy task that's for sure. The big question coming in is how to handle the stamina gap. SHLers have signficantly better lungs than anyone you're going to see in the J. So do you decide to rest up and prepare to handle the bigger load, or go crazy on some cardio to be in prime shape? Murdock has decided that it's all about working out heavy in high altitude. He's already accustomed to flying high and working in low oxygen scenarios, but it's not like you run laps while in a plane. So the offseason was spent going hard in Colorado, getting some strength and endurance training all built up. Of course the main focus was still on skating, and repping out some puckhandling to dish to his teammartes of the best of his abilities. Murdock has decided that rest is for the week, the season is long but the year is longer, keep the train rolling and dont get complacent right before the season starts.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Graphic
[Image: xRX7Mda.png]
He likes Mai Tais

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 10:37 PM by Faelax. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prompt 1:

Anna generally stays out of the public spotlight during the offseason, except for her weekly youth hockey clinics. Outside of those, she spends her summers relaxing at home, playing some golf, and taking a vacation home to visit Norway for a couple of weeks. Upon returning from her vacation, Anna got a call from her general manager, the mysterious figure known as The Chief. Getting direct contact with him was very rare so something important must have happened. 

Anna - "Hey Chief what's going on?" 
The Chief - "Anna I need you at the arena ASAP, the Solbergs were supposed to do a signing today but they just got on a plane to Calgary"
Anna - "I'll do it but let it be known that you owe be a round of golf since I'll have to cancel my tee time"
The Chief - "Or instead of a round of golf you will just be grateful I'm not trading you to some rebuilding team" hangs up phone abruptly

While she doesn't mind doing all of these public events, a little bit of notice would be nice.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

With the last few weeks of freedom, my focus is all about last moments of rest and relaxation.  Once the season starts everything will start to move so fast that there won't be time for anything but hockey, hockey, and more hockey.  That's why I'll be taking in a couple of movies, playing as much golf as I can muster, and sleeping in as late as possible.  The head trainer will have me up at the crack of dawn once the season starts to get underway and will be working us 24/7 so now is the time.  Plus, I don't know how much golf they'll let me play considering I tweaked my back a little big three weeks ago trying to hit a big cut around an oak tree at one of the local courses.  As long as nobody spills the beans, I should be able to freely enjoy these last few moments of freedom before what is, in all likelihood, my final season as a professional hockey player.  It's been a great ride.

175 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Written Option 1: Your player has been enjoying their well deserved rest until they get the call from their general manager that they need to do some marketing or take part in meet and greet, something not related to hockey. But it would be just so nice to keep golfing and drinking mojitos or whatever they like. If your player doesn’t want to go, how they convince their general manager that what they are doing is too important to be interrupted or they cannot attend the event because of some factors out of their control? Or are they always ready to take part in these events and be the face of the franchise, even if their teammates need to skip it because they apparently just flew to Australia to meet their cousin and their passport was stolen by Kangaroos. What does your player do and how does it go?

Bobby Tkachuky is relaxing on the beach passed with a beer in his hand as his phone ring. Bobby Tkachuky wakes up and sees his general manager is calling him so he try's to sober up fast before answering the call. Bobby Tkachuky finds out the team wants him to come back to Toronto to do a meet a great for the team. Normally Bobby Tkachuky is a team player and would do anything for the team. Bobby Tkachuky is torn between the team and relaxing in his off season. Ultimately Bobby decides to make an excuse. Since Bobby isn't creative enough to create a well thought out story, he decides to use the excuse that he's busy training for the next season. While this isn't true and in reality Bobby just wants to drink. The truth is Bobby would cave easily and just go to the meet and great for the team since he really is a team player.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Option 1 154 words

With this being his 3rd season in the big leagues, Trevor Lahey has matured a bit and is starting to realize that without the fans and the city, they wouldn’t be where they are today. So of course he would do the meet and great, after all it can only help the team.  The only request that Trevor has is that it’s at a local chicken finger joint that he has a sponsorship with, that away he can get 2 birds stoned at once, or whatever the saying is.  All the chicken fingers one can eat and getting praised by your loyal fans, man that really is the best day ever, well that is until one fan gets a little pushy and wants to know when Trevor is going to step up and finally bring home the cup. Trevor only had one word to say to this disgruntled fan, and that word was “soon”

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]