Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

I like that HO reads every mPT ever written :eyes:
Everything Teddy does for this site.  He contributes so much to site on the technical side.  and he's always great for us to bounce stuff off of in HO, so lucky to have him.
I would love for the site to have an update portal, or automated updates to some level.  IE you do the task and once it's confirmed valid by the PT team it automatically adds to your players total.  Things like this are always way more work than they sound like but would be a real boon for the site to make that process as simple as possible.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

If there's one thing I wouldn't change about this league, it's the friendships I've made along the way. The sims are fun, winning is cool, but the best part of this site is who you go on this journey with and getting to know them on a pretty deep level.

If there's something I'd look to change, excuse the dead horse here, but i'd love to see the box scores in the index some day. I'm not complaining, i know its being worked on, but that's still the thing we're missing the most. (103)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

So one thing I definitely love about this site is the organization. I feel that it's very easy to find whatever you're looking for. However, that being said, there are just so many sections to the forum it can be overwhelming to new users.

One thing I wouldn't want changed is the LR culture. It's not this common to see most activity occurring in team LR's, in other leagues it's usually in the main server.

One thing to change though would be updating. Portal updating ftw!

The work that the Historian Department have been recently doing is amazing. That SHL Analytics is great stuff.

One thing I dont like or that needs work is just a little more organization on the site. It can be difficult to find the necessary articles or info especially for new users. It has got a lot better recently though. Cheers

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Maybe it's because I'm an IIHF GM but I love the IIHF tournament. I know it's just kinda got started in the ISFL but it's been here since way before I got here. I think it's a lot fun and interesting to see the different players playing for their country.

Possible a little contradictory but I think the off-season lasts way to long.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 10:00 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

I think the new index is a fantastic addition.

i think something the site could look into is adding back the seasonal tpe cap, it feels way more sweaty now if you want to keep up in tpe and can't afford to miss a single task. It was nice in the old system cause you could skip a few tasks here and there or even skip a ton if you got lots of milestones.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

When it comes to the SHL I think my favorite thing is the people I have met. I have met so many friends on this site that keeps pulling me back. It's always awesome to watch your player develop but it makes it 10x better when you make new friends doing it

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

God bless the hun for money here. All the jobs, the media and the activity just to keep the money flowing and site active.

But also fuck the hunt for money, I NEED MY TEEPS AND THAT BLASTED GREEN HINDERS ME FROM GETTING SOME NEEDED EQUIPMENT.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

I guess the thing I love the most is the draft process, the way scouting goes culminating with the live draft is so good. What specifically I would change I’m not sure, I guess with recency bias the process of the new j gms seemed kind of wonky and short sighted, not saying they arent good picks.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 10:37 PM by Matty7478.)

One thing I probably wouldn’t change about the SHL website in its current form is the banking system. It’s miles ahead of most other leagues, and while I am sure there are others who probably can think of some good changes that could be made, I am not smart enough to manage that myself right now.

One thing I would like to change is people complaining about the lack of portal updating, updaters deserve jobs too… no but seriously, I think some jobs are tough to get responses from during applications, so I would probably look to make the hiring process for jobs in the league more transparent as a whole.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

I know nothing about this site but the bank system here is pretty cool. I'm very used to how other sim leagues do banking but the SHL is pretty unique. 

One thing that I've found confusing (again because I'm from other sim leagues) is that the majors and minors point tasks are in different sections. When I first started on the site I got really confused a few times and probably did the wrong tasks at some point.

One thing and I’m pretty sure what I appreciate and like the most about this league, is just how goddamn nice everyone is. Mind boggling to me how a sport where dudes punch each other in the face and whack each other with wooden sticks can have fans who are just so awesome. Props to everybody

I really like the new index, it's nice and cool to look at. The one thing I don't like about the site is every expansion seeing people go "MoNtReAl HaS tO hAvE a TeAm!!!!!".

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

The discord locker rooms are run very effectively and do a good job of curating personalities. its use complements the forum very well. In principle, I believe that the forum should have a way to better reflect the healthy activity of discord, but there doesn't seem to be a practical way. I believe that thunderdomes would work "too" effectively if done on discord, and the heavy scrolling and page clicking helps maintain a slow burn for the thunderdome. if things were faster (a la discord), things could move faster and get a little overheated. it would be a quick pay-off, but I think it would eventually hurt the site.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History