Create Account

Hamilton signs Rookies

can someone give me context on this I'm confused.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

08-20-2021, 03:53 AMinverted Wrote:
08-20-2021, 03:51 AMsimo_393 Wrote: Why do you hate fun?
I NEED TO SLEEP
Then sleep. you'll have another few pages to read for your morning poop

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Freaking americans and their stupid ass drama hours!

Think about the others who live in decent GMT!

okay I got context, hamilton shouldn't be arguing jack crasher here. Iirc thats for when someone rejects a contract they previously agreed to once posted to the site. Not for when the gms forget about putting the contract through on the forums lmao

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 06:31 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

I just read about 100 replies but ima just say that from what i understand about the Jack Crasher rule, it doesn't force someone to sign to a team if he agreed to terms with them in DMs, however it does forbids him to sign with someone else. I'd assume that bidding for the players does not count into the rule.

Pretty cut and dry tbh, Post on time next time, sucks for Ham to lose players though but it is what it is.

Edit: IDK if they changed the Jack Crasher rule in the rulebook but looking at it now it actually says that the player must sign lmao, im guessing that was added in a later version, im sure it wasn't there earlier, but i might most certainly be a dimbi.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-20-2021, 02:07 AMsimo_393 Wrote: I made a comment earlier tonight that I guess went out over the air that I am deeply ashamed of. If I have hurt anyone out there, I can't tell you how much I say from the bottom of my heart I'm so very, very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a positive influence on the site, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be getting behind this keyboard again. I don't know if it's going to be for the Forge. I don't know if it's going to be for my bosses at the SHL.
Based

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 05:16 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

08-20-2021, 03:33 AMgrok Wrote:
08-20-2021, 03:25 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: The “rookie experience” argument is a bit lame here too.

Nour is nour. He’s fine.

Opera is a sim vet and bad ass dude. He’s all good.

I don’t know Newff, but I mean this is a pretty rad draft experience nobody else has ever had before. Can’t say it’s gonna make him go IA. Could also make him more invested.

And again, Jack Crasher rule doesn’t apply here.

nah sorry I don't really gel with any of this. forcing player movement when the player doesn't have any agency is a shitty deal for the player. they already don't have any choice where they get drafted, moving them a second time sucks. i don't think that putting a first gen in the center of 15 pages of drama thread and counting is good for retention even if they're a sim vet. and even if you don't think jack crasher is textually applicable, its existence and the receipts make hamilton's handshake deals valuable evidence in their case to keep their prospects and get an alternate punishment for missing the deadline.

Hypothetical scenario here. Are you against 1st gens that doesn't want to be traded, being forced away in a trade to other teams as well? Or if a team is punished with a cap salary penalty so they can't afford to sign all their picks?

Hamilton messed up at the very least with the posting, so if they get to keep these players i'd assume they lose a couple picks or something. I won't raise any pitchforks whatever happens, but i can't see them walk out of it without giving up assets that has around the same value if they get to keep these players tbh.

Also, How does it work at trade deadline, can you agree before the deadline and post after and it's still valid? Hmm

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-20-2021, 05:14 AMWashed-up trash Wrote:
08-20-2021, 03:33 AMgrok Wrote: nah sorry I don't really gel with any of this. forcing player movement when the player doesn't have any agency is a shitty deal for the player. they already don't have any choice where they get drafted, moving them a second time sucks. i don't think that putting a first gen in the center of 15 pages of drama thread and counting is good for retention even if they're a sim vet. and even if you don't think jack crasher is textually applicable, its existence and the receipts make hamilton's handshake deals valuable evidence in their case to keep their prospects and get an alternate punishment for missing the deadline.

Hypothetical scenario here. Are you against 1st gens that doesn't want to be traded, being forced away in a trade to other teams as well? Or if a team is punished with a cap salary penalty so they can't afford to sign all their picks?

Hamilton messed up at the very least with the posting, so if they get to keep these players i'd assume they lose a couple picks or something. I won't raise any pitchforks whatever happens, but i can't see them walk out of it without giving up assets that has around the same value if they get to keep these players tbh.

Also, How does it work at trade deadline, can you agree before the deadline and post after and it's still valid?  Hmm

So Im just waking up and there is no chance in reading 500+ messages. Clearly the GM tasks were late, that one is obvious, now the issue comes down to the word "offered" and the interpretation behind that word. Some are arguing that offered means a public posting which might be the correct interpretation of that word in the rulebook, however if that is the case, there is no such thing as tampering and the FA period is not actually a thing because you could agree to a contract whenever because its not a public offering.

The thing at hand here is obviously something HO needs to discuss and make a ruling on, but a much larger issue is the poorly written, and vague rules that are being implemented by this last iteration of HO. Both this rule and the contract signing rule change (which by the way was adjusted to not actually change anything) were far to vague and used language haphazardly in a document where being precise with language is key for consistency.

I think that this is a very good time to note that Strawberry Sailfish also went unsigned!!!

GMs please bid

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: image0-73.gif]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

08-20-2021, 02:31 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
08-20-2021, 02:02 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: Wowwwww, you meow like a cat! That means you are one, right? Shut the fuck up. If you really want to be put on a leash and treated like a domestic animal then that’s called a fetish, not “quirky” or “cute”. What part of you seriously thinks that any part of acting like a feline establishes a reputation of appreciation? Is it your lack of any defining aspect of personality that urges you to resort to shitty representations of cats to create an illusion of meaning in your worthless life? Wearing “cat ears” in the shape of headbands further notes the complete absence of human attribution to your false sense of personality, such as intelligence or charisma in any form or shape. Where do you think this mindset’s gonna lead you? You think you’re funny, random, quirky even? What makes you think that acting like a fucking cat will make a goddamn hyena laugh? I, personally, feel extremely sympathetic towards you as your only escape from the worthless thing you call your existence is to pretend to be an animal. But it’s not a worthy choice to assert this horrifying fact as a dominant trait, mainly because personality traits require an initial personality to lay their foundation on. You’re not worthy of anybody’s time, so go fuck off, “cat-girl”.

I didn't know who else to ask about this but theoretically could I buy a catgirl and have it be a shop cat for my brick and mortar store in order to write off typical owners expenses as business expenses? Could it be a company "asset" because it drives foot traffic and since it would spend 20% of it's time at the store I would be able to write off 20% of the expenses. I know this scream 'suspicious activity' to the IRS and likely get me audited but theoretically it would be legal, right?
Do bodega owners get expense write-offs for their shop cats? I thought they counted as pets. At the same time, though, not paying your shop catgirl might be considered a form of slavery in this case because of the human element. I feel like you'd probably end up paying a shop catgirl some kind of salary instead of getting a tax write-off.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

accept

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Updated to here.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

08-20-2021, 03:39 AMgrok Wrote:
08-20-2021, 03:35 AMsimo_393 Wrote: I agree with most of your thoughts here but the Jack Crasher rule seems to have literally 0 relevance to this situation.These players are not FAs therefore FA rules can't apply.
Right, the argument isn't that crasher locks them in. The argument is that crasher sets a precedent that handshake deals have explicit material value in the rulebook, so if Hamilton can prove they have handshake deals before the deadline that's evidence the missing contracts were a deadline error. It's not an argument that Hamilton is innocent, it's an argument to reduce the sentence.
Saying that there's a handshake deal is all well and good, but the deadline was set. GMs were, or have reasonable expectation to have been, aware of the deadline. Contracts have to be posted to the site to be official. They didn't do that. As with all tasks, the deadlines are supposed to mean something. I get your argument that the Crasher rule sets the precedent for allowing handshake deals, and it's probably worth at least talking about for the future. I disagree with it in the case of draftees because the rights seem to work a little differently, but it's worth talking about.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 07:56 AM by Jobin.)

08-20-2021, 02:02 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: Wowwwww, you meow like a cat! That means you are one, right? Shut the fuck up. If you really want to be put on a leash and treated like a domestic animal then that’s called a fetish, not “quirky” or “cute”. What part of you seriously thinks that any part of acting like a feline establishes a reputation of appreciation? Is it your lack of any defining aspect of personality that urges you to resort to shitty representations of cats to create an illusion of meaning in your worthless life? Wearing “cat ears” in the shape of headbands further notes the complete absence of human attribution to your false sense of personality, such as intelligence or charisma in any form or shape. Where do you think this mindset’s gonna lead you? You think you’re funny, random, quirky even? What makes you think that acting like a fucking cat will make a goddamn hyena laugh? I, personally, feel extremely sympathetic towards you as your only escape from the worthless thing you call your existence is to pretend to be an animal. But it’s not a worthy choice to assert this horrifying fact as a dominant trait, mainly because personality traits require an initial personality to lay their foundation on. You’re not worthy of anybody’s time, so go fuck off, “cat-girl”.
As someone who has never glanced at the rulebook, I feel the need to weigh in. Catgirls are people too. It's in the name, catgirls. Just because you fetishize them, doesn't make them domestic animals. Are you trying to say that horsegirls are horses? Can I saddle up a girl with a Lisa Frank poster on her wall and go out on the trail? I didn't think so. My little pony is not your little pony, It's our little pony, comrade. Of all people to post something derogatory towards people wanting to be animals, I didn't think it would come from someone who worships Judy Hopps.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]