Create Account

Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Nope first one!

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
It all depends on the days but I'd say at least 2 or 3 hours, perhaps more!

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Go to school and lacrosse on weekdays, weekends are hockey. In my free time I play video games and such. My favorite games are Rocket League, COD Modern Warfare and sometimes NHL 20. Favorite chips would be the classic Lays. My NHL team is the Carolina Hurricanes

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Honestly I don't mind, I think I'll know when it's ready to leave and go pro but I'll spend as much time as I need and what my GM thinks as well for advice.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Yes and yes

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? In real life, I like a fun and joyful hockey team, one that won't be mad but instead look at the positives and learn and move on.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
I'm pumped!

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
I don't play it as often but I always enjoyed playing as Kirby

Share your best joke or meme
I'm more of a joke listener and a meme watcher.

Nope
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
I would estimate 3 or 4 hours
What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Studying for IT certs and working part time.  I play Rocket League CSGO and random sim games.   Blues are my team
You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Lean towards longer 3-4 but never done this before.
Use it lots
If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Chill with some friendly ribbing.
Biggest butt in this draft guaranteed 
Game and Watch

What did Brett Hull say to the bartender?

Good morning
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 10:50 PM by MarlinManiac4.)

Bradley Barkov - D

A little. I played goal line blitz for a while, which is an american football sim.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

As of right now, I have a decent amount of free time which can be committed to the SHL sim. somewhere between 4-6 hours/week right now if required.

On the job search. I enjoy many sports games, as well as RPG's like darks souls, skyrim, etc. I'm a huge Florida Panthers fan.

I think I'll want to make the jump when it feels like I am ready as a player. If that takes all 5 years, then that is fine. I'd be looking for advice for when to take the jump from more senior members, My SMJHL GM, SHL GM's, etc.

Yes. Discord ID: MarlinManiac4#4976

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Just friendly, down to earth people to talk to and want to win.

I'm looking to make my player a puck moving defenseman focused on setting my forwards up on the breakout and from the point, while not sacrificing defensive play. Looking to become the ideal "Quarterback" on the Powerplay.

I dont play smash much anymore, but on the N64 version, link was always my guy. I've played some of the newer versions as well, but not enough to have a true main.

I'm not a mem-er generally.

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yep, I've tried everything from other hockey Sims to Indy racing Sims lol. Hockey rules though of course.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] I always have a couple hours to kill most nights.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Working part-time, writing music and gaming. Current favorite game is Days Gone. Chips: Doritos. NHL Team: Wings!

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? Probably 4 or 5 seasons, I like building relationships.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I don't, would really rather not but I will if necessary.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I'm from Detroit so I do have a preference lol. Just looking to have a good time.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? I hope you pick me up!

Link.

Probably too dirty to post here lol.

Jimmy Wagner, Winger

SHL, no. I have play-by-post tabletop gaming experience, and played GoalLineBlitz for a time.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Depends on the severity of my courseload. I expect to regularly be on forums and discord between classes, but content creation can be varied.

School / MCAT prep, PC gaming (CS:GO, LoL/TFT, single player RPGs), watching sports (Preds/Jackets, Ravens, Heat, Cinci Bearcats), hanging with the girl.

2-3 years probably. I'd want to be a higher pick, and learn the game, but if things break well it'd be foolish to stay. I want to win in juniors first and foremost though.

Yes, sve7en#9693

A chill environment is cool, big on shitposting and memes, but edgy humor is a bit of a turnoff.

Not really, open to questions though.

Captain Falcon, but haven't played in ages.

[Image: 977u3i8o1c941.png?width=683&height=683]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

None
Depends on how much I like it
I have a full time job sitting at a desk, allegedly an adult. I'm a Bruins fan but always been a fan of the game more than teams.
No clue as a new player.
Yes I do, LordBirdman#8555
I'm not sure what I'm looking for, friendly discussion I suppose.
Sven Svenson is here.
n/a

Loui Eriksson looking up meme.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Some. Briefly did an FM online league.

Probably at least 7 hours at week 

I have a lot of hobbies.. video games (Overwatch, Hearthstone, Rocket League), watch sports (mostly soccer and college basketball), and produce music. I'm a Mainer so go Bruins!!

At least 1 or 2 seasons, but I'm itching to get into the majors. I'm confident in my ability to rise through the ranks. 

Yes! Teddy#1623 

Good atmosphere is very important. Just wanna be able to chat with all my teammates, share some jokes, have a good time!

If you draft me you'll be drafting the next Wayne Gretzky. 

Don't play much smash, haven't even played Ultimate. But on older Smash games, Meta Knight.

What do you call a cow with no legs? 

Ground beef!

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? No.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] 3-5 hours hopefully.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I'm a full-time university student. BBQ chips all the way. I'm a classic gamer, RollerCoaster Tycoon. Diehard Canucks fan.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? 2 hopefully. My guy won't be a flashy superstar, but he's a grinder and he's got some nice skills.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? boom#9539

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Hopefully some nice camaraderie.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Captain Falcon.

Share your best joke or meme Marchand forgetting the puck in the shootout.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 01:25 AM by Jeremy Icecreams.)

No!

Enough to play it! I have plenty of free time during the week as my job doesn't really care what I do.

Jogging, old school RPGs, lightly salted, Montreal Canadiens

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but
you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or
you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to
the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the
J?

I'll probably go with the recommended two to three then!

Stekki#8849 is my discord!

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a
preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking
for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in
being a Falcon?

I'm new, I have no idea what to expect with a team but I'd like a chill group of people that can point me in the right direction

Spaghetti is plural, spaghetto is singular

Kirby

Kirby
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 02:42 AM by Lime.)

None.

All of it.

Dead by Daylight, sea salt, Blackhawks

I'm most interested in the SHL.

Lime#5253

I'm looking for a team with a winning mentality.

I intend to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Kirby

[Image: 9vf9XCq.jpg]

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 10:41 AM by Jerppu.)

EA´s NHL had this "GM Connected" mode I used to play but this is all new to me. 

4 to 8 hours. 

When I´m not out with my friends I watch twitch and play games (Rainbow 6: Siege and Read Dead Redemption2 atm). Also I catch up with NHL highlights every morning and hope that Boston Bruins will get their wins rolling again.

As long as it takes to be ready. I want that goalie Jerry Huuveri is absolutely ready for the SHL when the time comes. Till then I´m focusing 100% on task at hand which is helping my team to win as much as possible.

Yes I do. I´m pretty new to it for now.

I´m looking forward on having good room chemistry with easy going team mates who wants to win as a team.

If you want to win, pick a Finn Smile

I don´t know.

[b]     [/b]

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

drunkmunky88#8373

Im looking for an active lockeroom that has helpful veterans  

It will take me a little bit to fully understand everything 

kirby

Why did the half blind man fall into the well? Because he couldnt see that well

Only in stuff like eastside hockey manager/franchise hockey manager, but SHL is completely new to me.

I have a good couple free hours a day

I like to play video games, but also drums and guitar. Big skiing/hockey fan in the winter. Favorite game from the past year or so has to be RDR2 easily. Huge red wings fan.

Probably depends on how the experience goes. Wouldn't mind staying longer if I liked everyone on the team and still felt like I had to learn the ins and outs of the SHL. But would also want to make it to the SHL whenever I could I'm sure.

I use discord, ID is seth#3072

Really no preference which team I end up on. I think it would be cool to be on a team with active members, and also maybe people who can help me learn how to actually follow everything along on the site

Nothing that I can think of

I haven't played smash bros since the old Melee gamecube days, and I was a degenerate Link picker

Just saw this one today and it's gold
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 04:22 PM by Blues.)

Yes, have a HoF player here that played S19-S32ish. Had a few inactive players since then. Also played quite a bit in the SBA.

couple of hours for sure

FIFA, 2K, Madden, fantasy hockey and basketball champion. Big salt and vinegar chip guy. Leafs fan. Also do stats for my university's basketball team.

As long as it takes, I'm in no rush. Pretty much indifferent to how long I stay.

I do, but not very often. I am open to using it.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Plenty, I've been in PBE for over a year now and I am in several other leagues.

It won't be a problem to get TPE, I won't be a max earner due to the fact that I'm not a big media guy, but I might turn to graphics.

Most of my time is at work, otherwise I play video games and run my own baseball sim league. I'm a Chicago Blackhawks fan.

Depends, like I said I won't be a maximum earner, but I will earn enough to stay competitive. I can probably earn all of the free TPE, but paying for training and equipment (?) Might prove to be a challenge due to time commitments.

@Hydracronis#4183

I want a good locker room presence where we can get along and have fun. Camaraderie is my highest concern.

If you draft me you'll get flooded with dog pics.

Me like Ike

I'm a living meme