Create Account

S59 mPT #4 Cup Favorite

I know it's boring at this point but it's gotta be Buffalo or Hamilton. Parity has started to improve again recently but FHM still favors the teams at the top quite a bit and both those squads are proven Winners who've already shown that they don't just know how to rack up impressive regular season point totals, but win when it really counts as well.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 01:56 PM by jRuutu.)

Hamilton perhaps. They have scored the most goals and they have one of the best defenses in the league. Hamilton as a team is doing all the little things right. Talent and hard work coming together. That promises good things in the playoffs.

Has to be Hamilton, considering they are leading the race for the Presidents' Trophy and have proven they know how to win in the playoffs, considering they won the Challenge Cup just last season.

buffalo because that's the team i'm on and fuck everybody else. buffalo has the best players and the best locker room (except lee) and is just the best overall.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

The New England Wolfpack are a favorite to win the Cup. Yes, you heard it right. I think we are going to get on a roll and really just shock the world when we take it all home. You watch, it'll happen.

Words: 43

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

I feel like it should be Hamilton or Buffalo, but I am obligated to discriminate against them for reasons unknown to me so it's definitely going to be the Edmonton Blizzard.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I would say the Buffalo Stampede are the cup favorites. After a big trade deadline picking up Rex Kirkby, the Stampede look primed to take it all. I am placing my cup winning bet as I write this.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Personally, I think we see Toronto get hot down the stretch with almost no goalie rotation required for the rest of the season. It’s a very close race as per usual in the Great Lakes, but I could see them catching Buffalo or Chicago and making a run in the playoffs once the team is firing on all cylinders.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

For this mPT I do not have much to say as I do not know much about the major league teams, but it looks like the Steelhawks have the best record followed by Chicago so probably those two.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

As the SHL season fifty nine regular season comes to an end there is a clear Challenge Cup favorite which are the Hamilton Steelhawks. My criteria for a challenge cup favorite is fairly simple. To be a cup contender you have to be a team that looks to have a legitimate chance to win a championship. Star power, depth, getting results in the regular season with a strong process to back it up, having a manageable path through the playoffs with the right matchups. All of that must be taken into account when deciding a cup favorite and Hamilton checks all these boxes.
The defending Challenge Cup champions have the same core of players that won it all a year ago with the exception of Michael Scarn and have not been hit hard by regression. They have arguably been the best team in the league for the last five seasons since the switch to the FHM sim engine and I expect their domination talent wise with their highly skilled roster and extensive FHM line strategy tactics will take them to another cup.

The Hamilton Steelhawks have the best records in the league three quarters of the way through the regular season, have great forward depth, an outstanding defense probably being the best in the league, and so many high end superstars it is not even funny. If that is not enough they added about a two hundred and fifty tpe upgrade on the wing with SLATT Potts for Alexei Rykov just before the trade deadline which should only continue to improve their scary offensive depth.

Hamilton also has the best goal differential in the league with an unbelievable plus one hundred and three while having the toughest matchups in the league playing in the “Champions League” SHL equivalent division in the Great Lakes. Hamilton has pretty much clinched a bye to the second round of the playoffs meaning they will also be resting, having extra time to prepare and will be given the luxury of playing one less team on their road to the finals. Thus, Hamilton is the most obvious and easiest choice as the top contender for the Challenge Cup.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I would definitely say Hamilton or Buffalo have the best chances, with Texas being in 3rd. As I'm on Hamilton, I'll say we're the favorites, but Buffalo picking up Kirkby makes this more of a 1A/1B than a 1/2 situation. None of the two would be bad selections

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Looking at the top 6 teams in the league, anyone of them could win it. Any of the teams from the Great Lake division, Texas, or Edmonton are most likely going to at least make up the final two teams to face off for the Challenge Cup. So who do I think will walk away triumphant in the end? My money right now is on Hamilton. I believe they have the edge this year to take it all.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

I mean, if it isn't Hamilton winning (again) people are going to be very shocked. They just have the best roster and the skills behind the bench to take advantage. There's a chance Chicago or Texas could surprise, but its going to be an uphill battle for sure.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

I mean let’s face it, the Hamilton Steelhawks have to be the odds-on favorite to win this year’s cup. With a paltry 8 losses and an insane +103, things would have to change drastically for them to start sucking.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I think Steelhawks can be really happy this season with Theo Morgan performance leading league with 36 goals and 71 points in total, so for me at this point prediction is - Steelhawks will take it home this season.

(38 words)

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone