Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

PBE PT Username: LSUFAN101

ISFL PT Affiliate

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

boy was i ever curious as to where i would be in the lineup come regular season puck drop. you see, my smjhl career started out with quite a surprise when i learned that id be playing some top-pair minutes in preseason. i had to remind myself that these games didnt really count and not to be too hard on myself since id be playing against some of the best talent this league had to offer. still, it definitely took me a couple games to shake those nerves. i did manage to score a goal in the preseason which was surprising. management mustve just wanted to see what i could do because they actually just contacted me with their expectations of me. it is looking like for the time being i will be playing 3rd pairing with a forward as a fill in. the idea is that i will be able to get back and cover if need be.

160 words

Bergeron Jr walked into the Nevada locker room not sure what to expect. He missed out on the teams first three preseason games as he wasn't officially signed yet. Bergeron was known in Germany for his great Faceoff percentage and it really showed this preseason as he went 19-5 in his favor on the dot. He also got the teams most ice time for a center on the PK as he focuses a lot of his energy on the defensive end of the ice. Bergeron knows as he spends more time with the team and works harder he will grow into a bigger role on a growing team. Nevada went 0-6 on the preseason so Bergeron knows it'll be tough going forward and not only him, but the entire team will have to accept the role of rebuilding for now. Coaching staff has done a good job keeping the team upbeat within their new roles for now and we will have to see how things play out as the season progresses

The Carolina Kraken and Atticus Hale have been on the same page since the beginning when it comes to role. Being his first professional season, Atticus was to be a fourth line center and/or bottom 6 forward. With his above average hockey IQ, he was to be a playmaker no matter where he played. The question was, did he need to work on his faceoff skills or not. I think that was answered during the preseason where it was pretty clear that the Kraken needed dedicated centers in the bottom 6 that could win faceoffs. That said, Atticus had good games and bad games in the faceoff circle. Though there were only a couple games where he won less than 50% of his chances, he knew he needed to improve in order to be more consistent. He already felt good about his capabilities to create plays and see an opening before it appeared and knew those opportunities would come as the season progressed and team chemistry improved.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Maine Timber is coming in hot this year. Defense is going to be nothing short of The Great Wall of China. Starting with the net, Goalie Rusty Remao will be unstoppable. As we've already seen in the preseason, Rusty will keep the puck out of the net with no problem. We expect him to work closely with our defense to maintain low scores from the opposition. Our defensemen will be quick to respond and will be focusing on making breakouts from assigned defensive zones to keep the puck far away from the net. We'll also be focusing in on keeping good zone coverage in the comers to help Rusty with sneak attacks that may come from behind. Finally, defense will be working on polishing the fundamentals. We believe that really honing in on skating, passing and puck handling is the key to victory for defensive strategy to be successful. Defense will be running extra drills this year if they're not able to keep up with the competition. 

[Image: RG2yOzP.png]
Credit: Ragnar
[Image: W3cWGCN.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png] [Image: 3XEVZeB.png] [Image: jO2Di2N.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png] [Image: o2NPreS.png]

ISFL Affiliate
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 11:12 AM by AnthonyOuellet.)

Here PBE

A U S T I N - M A C W A R D 
[Image: SlimAnnualBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]

As a new player on the team, I just want to be able to help the team win in anyway possible. To maximize my abilities, I should be put in a position with other like minded players to be as physical as possible on the ice. Hockey is a test of wills, as I impress my will on my opponents, can they handle the thought of always being crushed along the boards, can they withstand the punishment of my checks, can they remove the pain of their weak little muscles to even finish a game against me. Without possession of the puck, you cannot score. Without scoring, you cannot win. I would be best utilized against the opponents top line and scorer, as I would bring so much pain onto them they will only think about surviving their shift on the ice instead of scoring. This ain't the ballet and I ain't no figure skater. (yeah, I just combined ballet with figure skatingSmile

One day the GM called me into their office. They said they called me into their office to discuss my line plan for the regular season. I told them that right now, the preseason is going pretty well. I have 2 assists in 7 points. So I told them that it would be easier if my teammates set me up to create passes for my other teammates to come up with scoring opportunities. A good start to the shift would be to win a faceoff. If the faceoff is in the neutral zone, it would be better to win the faceoff pack to the defense, go D to D, and then pass it up to one of the wingers streaking up the zone. On a 5 on 5 going into the offensive zone, it would be easier to try and spread out the defensive zone. This would make it easier to make passes and score some goals. Another thing is we needed to get guys in front of the net to tip shots and screen the goalie. After a while, I finished talking and the GM thanked me for coming in and talking to him. 

(195 Words)

Sitting in his newly rented apartment after the last pre-season game, Ellis Lee felt a sense of relief. Following the game, the GMs had pulled him aside. They liked his performance in the exhibition games, particularly his strong defensive effort in game 3. While he had only a single point in seven games to show for it, they liked his solid and dependable play. He played up and down the lineup in the pre-season as the coaching staff tried to figure out what lines fit best.

When he could sense the conversation wrapping up, Lee piped in, “uh, coach? I was, um, just wondering about the lines and who I’ll be playing with?”

Ultimately, they saw the chemistry that Atticus Hale, Patya Perevalov, and Lee had together. The three rookies fit neatly into archetypes that would define their roles on the newly formed “Rookie Line”. Hale, with his strength on face-offs and his playmaking abilities would play the part of a playmaking center. Perevalov, with his slick offensive skill would play the part of finisher. And Lee, with his size and strength would play the part of a punishing power forward. The coaches detailed to him a few notes: drive the net, create space for your teammates, make the defenders panic when you’re on the forecheck, and get open to chip in and provide another offensive option for Perevalov and Hale. Ellis grinned.

“How does that sound kid?”, asked the general managers.

Lee gave them a thumbs up, “forecheck, backcheck, paycheque.”

Ellis Lee
LW | Carolina Kraken | Player ThreadUpdate Info | Twitter

[Image: Ellis-Lee-Sharp-Bordered-Thicker.jpg]

My role in the team is pretty simple - I defend the goal. It's what I do. I would say that I work best when paired together with four more offensively-minded players. I'm capable of being a sort of one man army in my team's zone, which allows my teammates to go hard on the offense as they know I've got their backs. Think of it as a sort of 3-1-1 type system. You've got the three forwards at the front, then my defense partner playing almost like a sort of "midfielder" role where they can contribute heavily to the attack but also drop back quickly and defend if needed, and then I'm the one at the back doing the majority of the work defensively. I'm not great at scoring goals or setting up offensive plays, so why should I be the one doing it? My linemates are, hopefully, much better in the enemy zone than I am so I'll just let them do most of the work. Of course, I can pick up the puck and help pass it around a bit if needed, maybe even take a shot if I find a great opportunity, but for the most part I'll focus on defending.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 10:54 PM by UberBJ.)

Clem Fandango is slated to be on the second defenseman line in the upcoming season. Its a surprise to see him that high as a true rookie, but it looks like Detroit management has hopes that defensive stalwart Jimmy Nutcluster can cover for any of Clem's rookie deficiencies.  He's unlikely to see much special teams time outside of rotating in on the occasional PP, but its highly doubtful to expect him to show up on the PK unit. 

While the Falcons coaches are being pretty tight lipped over their line tactics, it would be foolish not to use Clem as a blue line shooter with the 2nd a 4th lines and their excellent screening units. He could also be a great fit with the 3rd line with Moinseur Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba  as a setup man and Yan Dolffs proficient strength across the slot. Regardless, Clem is looking forward to showing the league what he's got in this 4 star cup campaign.

**165 Words**

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

After a short draft process, interviewing with a few teams , Luka Kovacsova landed in maine with the future dynasty Timbers.  Luka looked around the town for a bit before eventually making his way to the lockerroom. 

The team was very welcoming to him, lots of stories from the junior vets, lots of deep conversations of styles of play and what we can do to make the team be successful this year.  Luka eventually met with the teams D coaches and Dmen, to talk about growth and strategies and how to develop my game to be the best player I can be.  I finally met with the GM to talk about lines, pairings and minutes, we talked PP and PK chances, future development opportunities and even what to have for lunch!

Long term, I think Maine is going to be a great and very successful place to be for a few years as we have a good LR and good group of rookies.

The Kraken are coming off of a great season just a year ago. They retained a lot of their point getters, so I'm willing to bet the Kraken GM will be keeping the same players on the same lines, and just moving the lines up in the rotation. It is also probably safe to assume that Vincent and Tanner Fox will be paired together, seeing as they are cousins and have played together before, so there is already an existing chemistry there. Since there are plenty of returning point getters, there wont be much pressure on Vincent to immediately start providing a surplus of points right out of the gate, so he will have plenty of time to get comfortable and set up a rhythm during the first season in preparation of his coming seasons. It really helps that he will probably be pairing with his cousin, Tanner Fox, who Vincent grew up with, so there is already a lot of chemistry there. Hopefully within the next few seasons, Tanner and Vincent become an unstoppable duo on the D line, and the Kraken will be able to use that to their advantage.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]