Create Account

Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony

As always, the Committee performs a ranked choice voting system, this year we had 11 players receive votes for the Hall of Fame. 2 of those 11 players were inducted. Each player had to receive 35 votes from the committee to be inducted. The committee wasted no time getting these two incredibly talented players in the Hall of Fame. Before I announce the three inductees, I would like to take this time to congratulate those who were recognised by the committee but did not earn enough votes.

Jack Tanner - 3 Votes

Career Regular Season stats: GP: 900 | G: 160 | A: 392 | P: 552

Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee (S39)
Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S43)

A defenceman who was never truly given the credit he deserved, Jack Tanner would be a leader for the San Francisco Pride for 17 seasons. When San Fran needed a leader to step up, he would do so from the back end. A consistent 30 point scorer for most of his career who embodies the best qualities of the lion from which the pride take their logo from, Jack’s impact in San Fran deserves more recognition and respect from his peers.

Thank you Jack for all you have done.

Manuel Gotze - 5 votes

Career Regular Season stats: GP: 948 | G: 284 | A: 402 | P: 686
Aidan Richan Trophy Nominee (S43)

Another play who I felt was never truly given credit for his work, Manuel Gotze would play for three separate teams and would make and impact on each. Whether you remember him fondest from his time of leading the Wolfpack to great match ups, Becoming part of the Texas Renegade machine and now terrorizes the league or watching him dance around players as a member of the Inferno, Manuel made every match count no matter what era he was playing. For 17 seasons, he played hard and played extremely well.

Thank you Manuel, we will all miss you.

Kristaps Ball - 6 Votes

Career Regular Season stats: GP: 600 | G: 88 | A: 270 | P: 358

Ron Mexico Trophy Nominee (S50)
Scott Stevens Trophy Winner (S48, S50)
Aidan Richan Trophy Nominee (S48)

No matter where he went or what season it was, Kristaps Ball defined the work ethic expected of an SHL defenceman. Over his 11 year career, Kristap would push himself and his teams to the limit, always wanting to try and taste glory. He is most fondly remembered for his time with the Barracuda, where he would win the Scott Stevens award for best defenceman twice and both times would eclipse 50 points.

Forever in the hearts of those he played with! Thank you Kristaps!

Jon Toner - 6 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 866 | G: 127 | A: 372 | P: 499

Scott Stevens Award Nominee (S46)
Scott Stevens Award Winner (S49)

For a decade, Jon Toner would star in LA as the face of the Panthers defensive core. He would give the Panthers faithful a show every night he was on the ice. A panther for life, his finest season would come in Season 59 where he would win the Scott Stevens award as the league's best defenseman and even in retirement, the Panther faithful remember his accomplishments vividly

Thanks for everything Jon!

Anders Christiansen - 7 Votes

Career regular season stats: GP: 882 | G: 249 | A: 435 | P: 684

2 Time Ron Mexico Nominee (S39, S48)
Aidan Richan Trophy Nominee (S48)
Jay McDonald Trophy Winner (S51)

If you could describe Christiansen in one word, it would be consistency. No matter the team, no matter the time, he would always perform at his best. Most fondly remembered for his time with the wolf pack, Anders would be clutch goal scorer that would lead his teams to victory when he needed them. A man that everyone should look to when it comes to coming up clutch.

Thank you Anders for all you have done for us!

Bobby Watson - 11 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 751 | G: 291 | A: 309 | P: 600

Ron Mexico Award Nominee (S46)
Jay McDonald Trophy Winner (S46)

A man who touched the hearts and minds of many fans during his career, Bobby Watson would prove his credentials everywhere he went. From his early days in Toronto to his dominant showings for Minnesota, Bobby would eclipse 500 points and would be recognised as the leagues top scorer in Season 46. I will always hold the greatest respect in my heart for those who reach the heights of the MVP award and Bobby would always put himself in contention for that award.

A Toronto and Minnesota legend.

Otis B. Driftwood - 14 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 948 | G: 93 | G: 410 | P: 503

Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S47, S48)
Anton Razor Trophy Nominee (S47)

The city of Calgary takes hockey extremely seriously and in the dragons franchise, to rise and be remembered as a great is no mean feat. Otis Driftwood on the other hand, made it look easy. A man who would be a Dragon lifer and lift the challenge cup twice, Driftwood never regretted a day he played and made sure his presence was always felt. While Season 42 was his first, Season 50 was his finest trophy, especially when he would challenge for the Playoff MVP award. Defencemen like him only come around once in a generation.

Thank you for all you’ve done Otis. Calgary has a special place in its heart for you.

The Dude - 17 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 648 | G: 131 | A: 345 | P: 476

Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee (S40)
Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S43)
Scott Stevens Trophy Winner (S45)

Another player who reached many different people, The Dude would play in many different cities and for many different people. He is most fondly remembered for his time with the Texas Renegades where he would prove himself to be a defence to remember. Always in the discussion for the Scott Stevens award and always leading his team deep in the playoffs, he is remembered for his cool demeanour and timely plays.

The Dude - Simply awesome

Cedric Robinson - 24 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 374 | W: 207 | L: 124 | OT: 30

Challenge Cup Champion (S46, S48)
John McBride Trophy Nominee (S49, S50, S53)
Jesster Trophy Nominee (S46)
Anton Razov Trophy Winner (S48)
Mike Honcho Trophy Winner (S50)

I want Cedric Robinson in the hall. I feel like I need to say that everytime otherwise Buffalo Stampede fans start eyeing me and various committee members to be thrown through burning tables. But really, I do feel that Cedric should absolutely be considered for the hall. Especially how clutch he was when the moment needed him to be. When you become a legend for a team as old and prestigious as the Stampede, you deserve some respect. Cedric did all you could ask for a goalie, make big saves and win playoff games when you needed him to step up. His finest season, Season 50, was where his talent truly shone, winning the Mike Honcho Trophy for fewest goalies allowed.

A Buffalo Legend in Net, now and forever

Thank you to all the players who I have mentioned. To even be here and earning votes from the committee is to your everlasting credit. You are a credit to not only yourselves but to the sport we all love. Once again, I thank you for your contributions and wish to express my gratitude in helping pave the road for me to have a future career in the SHL.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado, allow me to introduce the class of the Season 61 Hall of Fame.

[Image: dauyUcm.jpg]

Brady McIntyre - 60 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 998 | G: 143 | A: 475 | P: 618

Challenge Cup Champion (S45, S49)
Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S47)
Aidan Richan Trophy Winner (S44)

A hall of fame player is more than just stats. It is the person behind it. What is their story, what are they like as a person? Have they engaged with the league in meaningful ways? That is by my definition, what makes a hall of fame player. I can list off stats and trophies all day long but what the man behind them. For the Edmonton Blizzard, a few names come to mind already about who feels that spot but for many Blizzard fans, the defenceman that stands at the top of them all is Brady McIntyre.

Drafted by Edmonton, the team where he would spend 14 year of his 18 year career, Brady was the reliable defender. The man they could turn to at all times to lead from the back end and dominate games. There was rarely a season in his career where he wouldn’t make everyplay count and every game meaningful. He would inspire legions of young players that being a defenceman was not only fun but a vital role on a team. People like flashy plays sure but its the hard working defenceman that would always be there for them. That is what Brady would embody.

A two time champion, scholar and gentleman, Brady has rightfully earned his place here in the hall of fame after being a true leader for his teams for nearly two decades. The new generation of defenders in Edmonton have big shoes to fill.

Thank you Brady. My words can never give you enough credit.

[Image: oAjug5s.jpg]
DeMaricus Smyth - 84 Votes
Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 998 | G: 264 | A: 382 | P: 646

Challenge Cup Champion (S45, S54)
Ron Mexico Trophy Winner (S47)
Ron Mexico Trophy Nominee (S49)
Sarmad Khan Trophy Winner (S47)
Sergei Karpotsov Trophy Winner (S47)
Jay McDonald Trophy Winner (S47)
Turd Ferguson Trophy Winner (S58)

There are many things you can say about the career of DeMarcius Smyth. How he was an almost instant star in this league from getting 30 points in his rookie campaign. How he would win the challenge with two separate franchises and be part of the miracle New Orleans team that won it all. How he would have as close to a perfect season as any player could ask for in Season 47 when he took home every individual award that he could win for excellence. Regardless of your particular memories, DeMarcius made himself a star for four separate franchises, a feat that very few players can say.

No matter if you remember him most fondly for being the most promising young star for the Seattle Riot, possibly the best player in the world during his time with the Edmonton Blizzard, the steady and strong hand that would guide the New Orleans Spectors to the cup or the veteran player leading a new generation of Atlanta Inferno players, Smyth gave us everything we could ever ask for in the player. I could have spent this entire time gushing about he conquered the entire league in one season taking home four individual awards when for other players they are lucky to get even one individual award but DeMarcius’s career deserves to taken as a whole because when you look at it from start to end… Smyth truly had a career that be considered complete.

Thank you DeMarcius, for everything you have done for us.

And with this, I now bring this year's hall of fame ceremony to a close.

Before I leave, I wish to offer my congratulations once again to the nominees and the two newest members of the Hall of Fame. You have all had storied careers in the SHL and we will remember you fondly.

I wish as well to thank the league and the Hall of Fame Committee for giving me the chance to host this year's show. This has been one of the greatest honours of my life to induct these worthy players to the hall and host this ceremony. It has been the most incredible experience revisiting the history of the league and learning all about its stories. Hopefully one day, I can look back at this moment as I get my chance to be in this hall.

For now though, from the Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This is Alexis Saint-Michel Signing off. Thank you and good night!

Blast and cal are two babes love u

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]