Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

With a solid draft class, the Rookies will surely be the backbone of the Colorado Raptors success this season. Starting off with the 6'1" 200lb Center from Montpellier, France. Oliver Castillon is a right handed attacker who excels at Getting Open, Defensive Reads and Stamina. Followed by the future defensive duo of Foggy Nelson, a 6'9" 256lb righty from Thal, Austria and 6'2" 210lb righty Drew Sureshot. Foggy's strengths are Offense, Defensive Reads, Balance, Stamina and Strength, his counterpart Sureshot compliments his skillset with strong Puckhandling and Stamina.

[Image: ed1c4980ce0ee7b9fb6b32abbfb56fabab0c4655.gifv]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 05:07 PM by Moe7171. Edited 2 times in total.)

Nevada Battleborn could potentially have an amazing season depending on how well the rookies develop. Nevada Battleborn drafted players Thomas Sawschuk, Max Carnage, shnopple lopple, Alex Crosswell and Joebammmm Farf. If all of these rookies develop well Nevada might have a shot at a decent playoff run in the near future. The team has some well-developed players too like John Brownrrr, Jolngustraaduvich Dubolk , Mr. Grey T White and Bender Junior who all have 400 or more TPE. I would keep an eye out for some of those rookies as they might be hungry to become some of the league's best. The preseason went decent for Nevada too and we can't wait to see what will happen during the season.

(152 words)

just 7 games in to the s70 SMJHL season, the Carolina Kraken are looking like a solid team eager to vie for a playoff berth. the team, which on paper looks to have holes to fill, currently sits in 5th place in the league with the 3rd best goal differential. their effort has been good enough to hold 2nd place in their conference and 1st in their division. as their roster is comprised of a plethora of rookies, developing their young talent over the course of the season will be a key to their success. one such rookie is Bryce Mitchell who is already making an impact on the team. Mitchell is a offense first winger who has quickly shown off his skills, recording 5 assists which is good for the 2nd most on the team. while the youngins are sure to be the center of attention in Carolina, it is no doubt that the vets are the glue holding it all together and paving the way. centerman Derek Martin has entered his 4th season with the team and his experience has been shown in spades. Derek not only has the most points on the team but in the entire league and he’ll look to continue that trend. on the back end, another 4 year vet, is Andy Ceylon. hes put his body on the line for the Kraken a whopping 22 times already and youll find his name on the shot blocks leader board among the top 3.

250 words

The pre-season. The beautiful little pre-competition that doesn’t really mean anything, but you still want to hold it in very high regard. Especially as the Yukon Malamutes. We started the pre-season with a strong 3-0 win over the Nevada Battleborn. With Asher Gibbons, Ray Alexander, and Happy Gilmore all 3 Malamutes, being the three stars of the game. Following this was another amazing win, 5-2 over the Colorado Raptors, my old team from last seasons DFA period. With once again 3 Malamutes being the players of the game, once again containing Ray Alexander but this time together with Ray Alexander, and Josh Latreille. This got followed by the worst game of the pre-season with a 7-2 loss against the Kelowna Knights, with all 3 starts of the game being Knights (Vrana, Valieva, and Aleman). We came back with a hard-fought 4-3 win over the Vancouver Whalers, with Alvin Wong getting a three stars of the game mentions, together with Zajc from the Whalers, and another Malamute in Josh Latreille. Starting the last 3 games of the pre-season was a great 6-0 win over St. Louis Scarecrows, and with this dominant win comes 3 more Malamutes winning the three stars of the game. With Asher Gibbons, Ray Alexander, and Josh Latreille being the three stars for this match. Following this came the 2nd loss of the pre-season with a 5-2 loss against the Regina Elk, which despite being better than the 7-2 loss by the Knights still meant this match contains none of the three stars of the game being Malamutes (de Feu, Mollinek, and McCarthy being the stars). The pre-season for the Malamutes ended with a match against the Quebec City Citadelles, which the Malamutes beat 4-2. With 2 Malamutes in Donny Dangle and Edvin Kalberg being in the three stars of the game, together with QCC’s Minaj.

Asher Gibbons – 2
Ray Alexander – 3
Happy Gilmore - 1
Clint Clampton – 1
Josh Latreille – 3
Alvin Wong – 1
Donny Dangle – 1
Edvin Kalberg – 1
These were the players getting three stars of the game, with there obviously being 3 standouts in the Goalie Asher Gibbons, Forward Ray Alexander, and forward Josh Latreille. Proving a strong goalie, combined with 2 strong forwards as the stand-outs of the pre-season for the Malamutes.

Let’s start with Asher Gibbons, who during the pre-season was the goalie with the most wins, highest goals saves above average, only 9th in goals against despite being one of eight goalies playing all 7 matches, 3rd in save%, and to top it all off shared first in Shutouts (what are shutouts idk but it seems to be a stat on the leader board). Proving Asher Gibbons will be a really good goalie for the Malamutes during the next season.

Following that great goalie performance is Ray Alexander, the forward for the Malamutes proved to be a real shotmaker, being 5th in shots, 6th in goals, and 3rd in points among all forwards in the pre-season.

Last but not least Josh Latreille, also having 3 appearences in the top 3 players from the 7 Malamutes matches. Not being the top of any leadership shards despite the great performances might have been disappointing, but Latreille can show the Latreille family who is more prolific in goals, getting 6 assists compared to the others 4, and 3. The shared top goals (2 against 2 and 1), the most points (8 against 5 for both).

For the Malamutes the pre-season ended with a great 2nd place, only the Newfoundland Berserkers having a better pre-season. Of course with the pre-season meaning so much it proves a great deal for the oncoming Malamutes season.

Ryan Quintana Green does not have a team yet, but in the interest of time, I want to get this done now. I, Crash Conrad, the user, won't be around much this weekend so I don't want to delay. Instead of my team's preview I'll focus on Ryan Quintana Green and the preview of what I want for my player in this first year. RQG is going to be a contributor to some team in some way. He's a super hard worker, and very unselfish. If RQG is setting his teammates up, he is happy. But he also likes to let it rip from the point at times, so whatever team signs him can expect some howitzers from the blue line, maybe even at inopportune times. RQG would tell you there is no such thing as an inopportune time for a slapper, though so take that what you will. Whatever team Ryan lands on will hopefully have success, as even though he has yet to put ink to contract, he can almost taste the playoffs. He has visualized this for so long, I guess he just forgot to pick a jersey color!

197 words

Team success wise I think the 3 most important players is our top line of Marshall Madden, Dominik Winters, and Lasse Zeigler. Those are our 3 active forwards and 2 out of 3 of them are rookies so they really have to play well quickly to keep us in games. The goalies are solid and the defensemen have the highest average of TPE so a lot of stress is put on the 3 forwards. But early in the season all 3 seem up to the task. While neither of them are big time scorers all 3 are responsible forwards who can really pass we just need one of them to find a way to consistently score. The rookies myself and Kyle Baretto will also be important as we also play key roles on the team. Even though this is a really young team we all put in hard work and all of us want to produce a better season then last year.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

The Regina Elk are coming out of a tough season, and are going to have to fight very hard to make the playoffs the 4-teams division they've been placed in based on last season's results: the Michael Fitted division. Having no players in their 4th season in the SMJHL, aside from a few depth players, it falls on the 3rd season players to lead that team: e e and Gritty McGritterson on offense, and Jack McCarthy on defense. Young Veterans of one season Willow Söderberg-Snooks, Oliver Ozols and Jae Hyuk Choi are also going to be trusted with important roles in the team, especially the latter who will share a line with the two highest picks of the team in the most recent draft: Just-to-Buy My-Love and Mercedes Bayley. These youngsters will have a lot of icetime to show their worth in what is probably going to be a battle of every instant to make the playoffs, but the future looks good for Regina.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

The yukon malamutes is looking good in the coming games that we have left. the rookies are pulling some weight around but the veterans are taking care and helping the rookies. Our goaltender has played 10/16 games so far and has a record of 2-5-3 with a gaa of 3.78 and his save percentage is 0.888. he has no shutouts just yet. He had 33.90 shots against him. Happy gilmore one of our centers has played 16 games. He has 6 goals with 9 assists with a total of 15 points. he has 34 hits on defense and he has blocked 12 shots from other teams. Our other center has played 16 games and has 7 goals with 2 assists for a total of 9 points. Austin has 17 hits and 2 shots blocked on defense. Last but not least Jordan tanner has played 16 games has 1 goal and 3 assists for a total of 4 points. tanner also has 32 hits and 6 shots blocked on defense.

[Image: b3ayEGX.png]

The Carolina Kraken are a middle of the pack team this season. They will make the playoffs and perhaps surprise upset a team. You truly never know what to expect once you get to the post-season.

Well the first player that is going to be crucial for the Kraken's success this season is Derek Martin. They are on their fourth season with the Kraken, so the leadership they bring will be super important. Expect them to help carry the offense this season. Their experience and skills will be essential for this dark horse team this season.

Second how can any team be complete without their starting Goalie. Elias Adelberg is entering his 3rd season. He had a very good season last year, and seems to be on pace for a big season again. Having upgraded their tpe this season expect some big saves going forward.

Lastly, Andy Ceylon. This offensive defenseman is lighting it up to start the year, making up for their last season where they seemed to hit a rut. This 4th year dman will be looking to make the most out of their final J season. [url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?pid=3341224&highlight=JustAnotherHockeyFan#pid3341224][/url]

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

We're looking to be middle of the pack in Anchorage, but I think we can make a strong playoff push as we adapt to a new roster and take advantage of strong practices. It's hard not to say your goalie won't be a key contributor if you want to find success, so I think George Walsh will have to continue a fairly strong start. Obviously, we'd like him to stop all the pucks from hitting the net, but we also need to rely heavily on our defense to force tough looks and get in the way of passing lanes. We need to get physical on defense to let up the pressure on Walsh and then to create opportunities on offense. So, for that, we'll need Davos Otasrob, one of our better defenders, to pick up his intensity by creating more takeaways, and reducing the amount of giveaways we've already seen from him. On offense, we nee Georg N'Zola to do what he does best, which is score goals. He's taken a lot of shots, but we need him to increase his accuracy or be smart and pass to the open player inside of forcing it.

[203 Words]

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

Although it is titled Season Preview, by doing this task now I've essentially given myself the luxury to see who's started well and in effect been influential for the team in the early stages. Derek Martin has been a real killer for the Krakens so far, leading the league in both Goals with 15 and Points with 28. Elsewhere Elias Adelberg has had two shutouts so he is also doing very well on the backlines. Rookie wise, Filip Svatos has had an excellent start to his career and long may it continue with his average of an 82 Game Rating which according to my research is the highest in the league so congrats to him and myself for being a part of this amazing team so far. The team has started well and I think looking at the pre season, it was obvious players like Derek Martin who have had so much experience in the SMJHL, would start off the season strong and be a strong part of the core of the team.

While not projected to be a top team in the league, I think a lot of Nevada's success is going to be how the rookie forward group behaves on the ice. With the juniors, every player is close to being competitive and Nevada needs to see all lines performing. Players like Max Carnage and Thomas Sawschuk, while new to the program, need to step up and support more veteran players such as Ace Lighting and Alekss Ivanova. Being rookies, a lot of people will be critical of their all-around play, and both of the young players specialize on the more offensive focus side of the game. In essence, one would like to see them not be a defensive liability on the ice. Low giveaways are a big factor in that. Along with that, the defense will need to keep their goalie Luka Nogoalov from being shelled. Another task that will fall on their veteran defense pairs like Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk and John Brown. Without the veteran defensemen setting the example, the rest of the team is likely to fall, and Nogoalov will flounder under the pressure.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

The Maine Timber are poised for a great season, and the greatness will be led by 3 of their highest earning players in Barefoot Sugars, Peter Tingle, and Patrice Bergeron. The Timber are stacked with talent and while they may not be favorites in the media to win it all, the team is confident that they’ll be there at the end of the year to hoist the trophy.

Peter Tingle is a center who should put up some of the best numbers in the league, fellow center Patrice Bergeron and Right Wing Barefoot Sugars shouldn’t be far behind on the leader boards as the Timber look to leave their mark on opponents and history this season. Mick Mayhem is excited to join this group and contribute in any way possible. As a rookie he knows he won’t be a main contributor, but he’ll do whatever needs to be done to help the team and lay the groundwork for what is sure to be an incredible career.

Alright, lets talk about Quebec City; The defending champs come in off a season that many have dubbed as the "meme" season. Losing a good amount of top line players, many believe the team will be fairly weaker. Which is completely understandable. But I feel like we're still in a great place. With a little bit of luck and a whole lot of teamwork we can make the repeat happen. So lets get into it. 

Starting off we have the goalie. Scub's goalie Walter Sobchak is going to have a lot of work cut out for them this season. Missing Nevek Kove as they're called up to the pros. The solid wall of defense that was in front of him last season isn't as solid. But I believe the capped goalie will be able to hold it down and steal some wins.

Second being Jiggl E Puff. zEagles player's are no stranger to success and now with both JSC and Tam Kove gone. Puff will have to pick it up and pull their weight in getting goals. 

Speaking of Nevek. Alex Minaj has big shoes to fill coming in without the Kove this season. If the defense is to stay strong, Minaj will have to be a leader.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

There were many question marks for the Great Falls Grizzlies coming into Season 70, and many shoes to fill, especially with the crop of forwards that graduated from the team since last season. To that effect, the newly assembled first line of James Dion, Tiberius Kane and Kyle Latreille will become the focal point of the attack, as the other lines are all mostly composed of rookies playing in their first full SMJHL regular season. Nonetheless, the 4th and 8th overall picks in this season's draft, Levin Schattenaxt and Andre Latreille, will be on the wings for Loosh O'Sullivan on the second line, so this secondary scoring threat may develop further as the season progresses. The Grizzlies also boast one of the best defensive pairings in the league in Pork Tenderloin and Chris Valentine, but the lack of observable progress from the second pairing - with veterans Matt Ox and Joshua Weber losing steam as they progress towards a possible SHL contract - is concerning for any Cup aspirations the Montana-based team might have. And while Great Falls may have lost their goalie Copernicus Doomslatter to an early call-up by the Los Angeles Panthers, the duo of Bandit Heeler and C.J. Sparks has been very solid for the Grizzlies when called upon. All in all, the Grizzlies' faithful will have to expect a similar situation to last season - a team that can rival for the top of their division, but that may be lacking the final bit of "oomph" to truly become contenders for the Four-Star Cup.

(261 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!