Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT#1 - New Places Deadline: Tuesday, June 18th @ 11:59pm PST

They took it out. They took it out. It being The Cosmo , a huge model ship that's an important symbol of pride to the Armada, the flagship of the Anchorage fleet, if you will. Elaina's new teammates brought her out of her place of honor and passed her around to all the new rookies on the team, letting each of them hold her for a moment before swearing am oath of loyalty on Cosmo's sacred anchor.

With this being completed, the veterans treated the rooks to a meal of soup and a big salad. After dinner, the team went out to enjoy the lively Anchorage nightlife. Anchorage is rivaled only by Tokyo for its karaoke scene, so naturally the players had to partake. Most of them sang a song by their favorite artist, but Elaina was unable to find any bars that had Edmund Fitzgerald's work available.

Code:
Written option: You just walked into the locker room for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.

It was amazing walking into the locker room in Colorado. My new Raptor teammates were all so welcoming and incredible. Draft day also being my birthday made it twice as great. I might have fallen to the second round, but I am so happy where I ended up. So lucky to be a part of a great organization. I have heard nothing but great things from others about what a fantastic environment there is in Colorado. I can honestly say I have been thrilled with how nice everyone is. We are also looking so great to start the year, and Campbell has been flying which makes it even better of a start to the season. I am so excited to start my career in Colorado and seeing how amazing the locker room is makes it even more of a fun time to be a Raptor. The rookies are absolutely flying to start, so we have a lot to look forward to!

161 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

When Mathias walked into the locker room, there was a storm of welcomes and hugs and excitement - he definitely felt the weight of expectation, but was also encouraged to rise up and meet it! It certainly helped to have his draft brother Ozzy beside him, as well as various friends, like the scouts he’d met, all jumping in and congratulating him - it really did feel like a team moment - while the pair of them were being congratulated as individuals, it felt like an overall moment of anticipation and elation for the Scarecrows - a hope that things would continue to improve, and that the team would grow into more and more of a unit, and more and more of a threat towards other teams in the coming seasons; underdog comeback stories might be overdone, it’s true, but Mathias was extremely excited and eager to be a part of this one.

Walking into the Newfoundland Berserker locker room was as welcoming as you could want. Everyone from current players to alumni reached out to welcome me to the ZORK family. Equipment staff had my locker all set up and it looked flawless, I also got a huge collection of sticks to use over the season.

Management was very prompt in reaching out and taking care of any questions or concerns. The other players made the transition to the team flawless by being very welcoming to me and the other new players. I even got a chance to join in a fantasy football league which is one of my favourite pastimes every Sunday in the fall. It’ll be good to get to know some of the alumni as well!

I look forward to getting to know the guys better and working together to win a championship. The Berserkers are a team to watch out for.

[Image: blob?bcid=skaYOLgiYjUHIA]

Walking into the Ottawa Highlanders locker room for the first time was like stepping into a dream. As one of the newest franchises in the SMJHL their facilities were state of the art, with a plenty of space for the entire team and an extensive (and probably expensive) exercise room. Being an early riser, Spaceman Spiff was also the first one there and had a small amount of time to look around before the rest of the team arrived. He was a little nervous as he found his locker and settled in, unsure of how well he would fit in both in the room and on the ice. As the team arrived he quickly learned that his fears were unfounded. From the first to arrive to the last, they each welcomed him warmly, and Spiff knew that this was going to be a great team. When the coaches arrived and they began their rookie welcome board game party he knew he was in the right place.

06-13-2024, 02:25 PMVrain Wrote: Walking into the Ottawa Highlanders locker room for the first time was like stepping into a dream. As one of the newest franchises in the SMJHL their facilities were state of the art, with a plenty of space for the entire team and an extensive (and probably expensive) exercise room. Being an early riser, Spaceman Spiff was also the first one there and had a small amount of time to look around before the rest of the team arrived. He was a little nervous as he found his locker and settled in, unsure of how well he would fit in both in the room and on the ice. As the team arrived he quickly learned that his fears were unfounded. From the first to arrive to the last, they each welcomed him warmly, and Spiff knew that this was going to be a great team. When the coaches arrived and they began their rookie welcome party with a water balloon fight he knew he was in the right place.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2024, 11:10 PM by Muford. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Great Falls Grizzlies are actually quite surprised that this man, this large man, decked out in complete armor walks into the locker room. Nobody knows what to make of him, nor does Solaire know what to make out of the folks in front of him either. He stands there for a moment, taking it all in, and tells everyone about his jolly cooperation, and how he is looking for his own Sun, and teaching his teammates how to praise the sun. This is quite alarming to some folks, because they do not know how to respond to this giant man Praising the Sun in front of them, and he takes his teammates outside and praises the sun, with the sun shining brightly down on him, it is sure a sight to behold. Solaire then states that the Sun will lead the Grizzlies to victory, and that one day each player will be able to find a sun of their own. What a way to be introduced to your new teammates, wouldn't you think?

(177 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

A day before I got the phone call from the management and we came together to a contract. Afterwards I prepared all so getting my hockey stuff together and being ready for today the flight from Chicago, where my Brother live, to Anchorage.

I stepped into the management room and signed the contract. After that we went to the Lockerroom and I had some hockey stuff with me to put it in my locker. I opened and it was full of balls. I was laughing a lot because I know those rituals from Germany too. I love to have those rituals in a lockerroom. After that I heard all laughing and I also already laughed the hell out of my stomach. We came together I presented myself to the team and we were talking a lot. It was a nice and warm welcome I will never forget. Then we went to the ice and we started the training on the ice. I was good to be back on the ice and get to know the others more and more.

Cant wait to have more training with them and build up a good chemistry with them.

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Colorwhat? I never heard of the place but that's my fault since I barely went to school in Denmark and the Faroe Islands and America was strange. It took THREE flights to get to Denver, THREE! When I got to the arena I stood amazed at the SIZE of the arena.

I slyly slipped into the lookeroom to see an explosion of happiness from my teammates who worked for the Colorado Raptors. There were two problems, I wasn't fluent in English and I didn't have an apartment. Even with my broken English I knew that my teammates would be the best teammates ever. And btw they gave me an apartment so yay.

06-14-2024, 04:28 PMSlime and I\m adding more Wrote: Colorwhat? I never heard of the place but that's my fault since I barely went to school in Denmark and the Faroe Islands and America was strange. It took THREE flights to get to Denver, THREE! When I got to the arena I stood amazed at the SIZE of the arena.

I slyly slipped into the lookeroom to see an explosion of happiness from my teammates who worked for the Colorado Raptors. There were two problems, I wasn't fluent in English and I didn't have an apartment. Even with my broken English I knew that my teammates would be the best teammates ever. And btw they gave me an apartment so yay. Then it was time to go on the ice and I knew that me and my teammates (Including most of the rookies) had great chemistry with me. It was also sooo hot in Denver so like most Scandinavian men I spent months just on the Colorado Raptors ice rink. I am so excited to play with them

So whenever I initially joined the Vancouver Whalers, I was generally elated. The Whalers have a very chill and laid back locker room, but when I had first gotten in there wasn't like... a ceremony or anything. Honestly there wasn't really any sort of big like, "welcome new players" type of thing here. Not to say that's a bad thing at all! Several of the Whalers who had been online began to welcome each and every new player (including myself). We really mainly watched the draft for a bit and talked for a while before we were shown around the Locker Room and taken on a casual tour for lack of a better words. Generally the Whalers have been very chill, very laid back, and welcoming into the community which has truly made it feel extremely welcoming. My first impressions were pretty much exactly that. The Whalers are just a chill group of people looking to have a good season doing the absolute best we can! Otherwise I'm not sure I have much of another impression on the Locker Room or the Vancouver, Whalers themselves. It's been a fantastic and friendly experience getting to know each and every person on the team, and I'm glad that I joined up with them.

Draft night was well... Let's say it was shocking. Hours before draft night started I, along with many of my other draft peers were trying to sort out our mock drafts. In the midst of doing a mock draft, I went out to get Chinese food with my partner. I was driving when the announcement of the 1OA was called & I had to pull over to actually watch the stream. When my partner and I got back home, I didn't even eat because I was being flustered with so many kind messages from my draft peers, congratulating me on my achievement.

Exactly at 5:38 pm PyroAlpaca (THE GOAT) sent me the discord link to join my brand new LR of the KELOWNA KNIGHTS ORGANIZATION. My teammates welcomed me with open arms, also congratulating me on my achievement. Several other peers also entered the LR later on in the night & we all had a quick chat about the draft. The cap off the best night of my career (so far) my team had announced that we were striving for new heights this season. Kelowna has been near the bottom of the standings for the past 5 or 6 seasons. The reinforcements are coming. We will fight in the night when you are sound asleep in your comfy beds. The knights are here and ready to battle.

THIS IS SPARTA ⚔️
Knights Knights

https://imgur.com/gallery/aOwI8Ja

:https://i.imgur.com/UtD8UrN.png

Thank you @MattyIce & @ThePyroAlpaca for these AWESOME graphics!!

Leading up to the draft, which was a total of one day for Zeus Storm, the scouts were clamoring to hear more about this young buck that suddenly entered the SMJHL draft. In total there was nine of the SMJHL teams to scout Storm within 24 hours. After all was said and done it would be the Colorado Raptors that selected Zeus Storm late in the second round. Before the draft happened Storm had the Raptors as one of his top two teams he wanted to go to, the other being Carolina, so it worked out extremely well for Storm. Once he was selected and given access to the locker room is was a very friendly and exciting welcoming. The Raptors are in a rebuild after winning the championship so getting fresh blood like Storm is much needed to fill out another championship caliber roster in the future. With how welcoming the Raptors locker room was, how dedicated the coaching staff is to helping you improve as a player and as a team, it is not question that Storm will be a smashing success in his Raptors career.

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

The first thing I thought of when I walked into the Ottawa locker room was vibes. There's just a lot of positive vibes in there and it really helps you relax and feel at home. They're definitely a fun bunch and while I'm on the quieter side no one seems to mind. There was no real welcoming party, we all just hit the ice and got to work. A few of us are playing out of position for right now, myself included, but I wanted to make a good first impression by being willing to do that. So we won't see what I'm truly capable of for a while but right now I want the team to succeed, that's more important here. But yea I have no complaints, this was one of my top destinations and I'm glad that it worked out the way it has. We have also had a solid start to the season and I'm hoping we can continue.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Despite being over 4,000 miles away from home, Harry felt at home in Kelowna. He finally had a chance to live his dream, which he has dedicated his life to. 

He walked into the locker room, and saw many of his teammates. He met his teammates, whom he had a chat with about the organisation. Then the GM walked in and welcomed all new rookies to the Knights, giving them all a handshake personally, and introducing himself. 

Next it was time for training. Harry felt rusty, but hopefully pre-season could put those fears away. He was then called over where he said he would be on the third line. Although aiming to be a Top 6 Defenseman, he was happy that he was at least having the opportunity to start in the SJMHL.

Next were the interviews for the team, where head plenty of questions, and not sure how to answer them. He will probably attribute that to the heebie jeebies of his first interview, and will look to be better next time.