Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT#1 - New Places Deadline: Tuesday, June 18th @ 11:59pm PST

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the locker room for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S77 SMJHL Rookies (S78 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Tuesday, June 18th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

When Gino entered the locker room for the first time, he felt...elevated but also calm somehow? On the one hand it has been a huge turning point going from Italy all across the Atlantic over to to Kelowna, Canada, temperature difference and all, but all those anxiety issues were quickly fading after entering the locker room. The freindly faces he saw there, combined with the arena pulsating history (The Knights Knights  are one of the old league franchises) made Gino felt more at ease and kind of in awe over these circumstance that he got picked to play here.

After some initial greetings the coach came by and told Gino in fron of all others that the Knights believe in his talent so much, that they will make him the starting goalie right away. What an honour...and what an insane amount of pressure on the new squire. That said in life and in the game Gino always ecelled when under pressure. Why should it be any different this time?

[Image: WmFwKPw.jpeg]

Oh wow, St Louis? I had never been here before. Should I admit that I had to even look it up on Google maps to see where it is? Probably not, these players seem intent and passionate about the Scarecrows. I feel really intimidated…I have never played on a team that has players of this quality. He has never been on the ice with people that were even close to his size, let alone as big, if not bigger than him.

What would they think? Would they chuckle at my lack of SHL gear? Would they wonder about me as much as I am wondering about them? What about my fellow draftees? What kind of guys are Mathias and David? I mean, I did briefly speak to them, but it is tough to gauge who a person is in one of those short meetings.

Here it is, the first day. As I walked into the locker room, I realize that I am the last one to get there…great…wonderful first impression. I had gone to a short “training” session with Alexa and Mathias where I realized that I still has much to learn. But how was today going to be, with the rest of the team? Mathias and Alexa came up and greeted me, big smiles, handshakes and pats on the back…yea, felt really welcoming for sure.

I am shown to my locker, right beside my fellow rookie defender Mathias. We chatted about the team, the stars who were returning to the team and the free agents who were joining for the first time.

Alexa explained the history of the team, that from this point on, no matter what, we would be part of the Crows. They would support us in our development, share their knowledge with us and push us to excel.

Yea, I feel overwhelmed, but damn, what a ride this is going to be for sure!

Word Count: 318

Defender St Louis Scarecrows: S78-

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Kyle Katterick gave an interview only a few hours before the waiver wire in which he expressed his desire to be taken by either Quebec City or Carolina. Despite this, he was selected by Newfoundland: while he has publicly stated both before and after the selection that he will play for any team, and has signed his junior contract for Newfoundland, that initial meeting was more than a little awkward.

There was no grand welcome as he showed up to practice, or any real fanfare as his name was stickered onto his locker. The only true indication that there was anything different at all was the presence of a couple old alumni there to show him the ropes. Even so, he caught a number of sour looks from teammates who got the impression he didn't really want to be there.

For his part, he's attempted to quash that idea, but gaining the trust of his teammates will be a long and arduous process. Sometimes, it's better to keep your mouth shut during interviews.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

When Cristoforo Roccamontepiano first walked into the Quebec City locker room, his first thought was 'wow, a lot of alumni here,' followed by 'why are so many of them goalies?' Of course as a natural goal scorer, Cristoforo hates goalies. So far he's avoided creating drama with any of them, although for some reason he keeps making jokes that former QCC goalie and recent Challenge Cup winner Justin Time should retire from the SHL. Only time will tell whether Cristoforo will be able to continue pushing down his burning rage towards goalies and fully embrace his hardest working teammates, but for now he's enjoying his start with his team alongside fellow rookies Randolph Thompson-Smythe, Brock Jameson, Andrea Morandi, and Peter. One not so welcome surprise at the beginning of the season might have been from the coach, as once he learned how much Cristoforo hated to play defense, bag skates suddenly became very common early in the morning. So far through seven games Cristoforo has two goals and four assists but only one blocked shot and five hits so it remains to be seen whether the coach will be able to instill some good defensive habits in the young player.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

When Christov Kovalev entered the locker room the Nevada Battleborn were ultra excited to get a complete steal at pick 40. They welcomed me with open arms, offered some insight on the workings of the league. Showed me many training exercises that could help me get in the best shape of my career. They knew about my offensive and defensive prowess and asked me to kindly jump back to defense. They understood that with a skill like Christov Kovalev they could plug and place me anywhere they liked. I have been asked about my relation to Alexei Kovalev and i let them know he is my uncle. Shock and awe took over the room when they realized they were in the presence of greatness. Some of the veterans even came up to me after that and asked me for tips on how to improve their games. All in all just the mere arrival of Christov Kovalev has captivated the team!

[Image: Ih21tiM.png]

Just a bunch of Highlanders, Hockey Player on the left, Pique Boo in the center, and Spaceman Spiff on the left

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
214 TPE
OTT (S76-)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2024, 05:34 PM by Deng.)

When Valtteri first stepped in to the locker room he got warm welcome from to older guys who just came back from short holiday after long season that ended to unfortunate loss in the finals. The guys showed around the places to all the new rookies and one big thing that caught Valtteri's eye was all the championship banners and pictures around the walls. He saw Maine's recent success in the playoffs with 7 finals appearances and 3 championships in the last 10 seasons, and realised how fortunate he got in the draft where he fell all the way to 30th pick and got drafted to a really successful franchise. After the tour around when the whole team was in the locker room Valtteri stood up and said to the team "this is the season, We are going all the way" which he got reply from the team captain Mia Lavoie "one of the seasons."

I first stepped into the locker room in Regina and knew that this was going to be a special place to play out of my career. First of all, to meet the new rookies, not only was the entire team there, but also a bunch of alumni too! The fact that there were some alumni around just to meet the new players was special, knowing that they still cared enough about the team despite moving to different teams and the SHL (especially since it is not very easy to actually get a flight into Regina on a whim). Then later on, this was very unexpected, but the first activity to take place for the new rookies was a hot dog eating challenge. Unfortunately for me, I didn't fare too well in this challenge. Some people clearly knew what they were doing in downing those glizzys. In fact some of the new players were even using the professional technique of dipping their hot dogs in water before eating them. Not going to lie, I found that rather disgusting but to each their own.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

Having been a draftable free agent to the Vancouver Whalers, the Whalers team knew exactly what they were getting themselves into with drafting Ville Sato-Maki with the 9th overall pick. Beating his old man by a solid 7 picks if my math maths correctly, the Whalers team were ecstatic to have Sato-Maki return to the Whalers and become an official member of the team. First were the GMs Seany and Shiamus who spent a lot of time and effort scouting Ville and making sure that he felt welcomed to not just be a member on the team, but to contribute as well. They welcomed him immediately into the backend of things as he was always very interested in the whole management side of things. Next were his teammates in NoNo Jo, Oliver Cornwall, and many others. They shined up his then temporary locker room space and unveiled the newly placed name plate over where he'll spend the next couple of seasons. "Ville Sato-Maki"

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Maverick Reynolds walked into the Detroit Falcons locker room with a massive weight on his shoulders. As the son of notorious drunkard and player hater Troy Reynolds, he was raised to hate the Falcons. Hell, his dad wrote a scathing open letter detailing how much he hated the city of Detroit, the Falcons and the players on the team. As Maverick took a deep breath and walked into the locker room, he knew he had to address the elephant in the room.

"H-hey guys...I just wanted to say that I don't stand by any of my dad Troy's comments from all those years ago. I'm thrilled to be here and I appreciate the opportunity you guys have given me. I am nothing like Troy Reynolds, I promise to be a damn good teammate."

The locker room sat silently until Chairy Styles chimed in.

"Who the hell is Troy Reynolds?"

I hopped off the plane at Newfoundland with a dream and my cardigan, welcome to the land of the Berserkers, am I gonna fit in?

The answer of course is yes! The second I entered the locker room I was met by my new teammates and past alumni who appeared to be full of excitement and vigour to meet their club’s new first round pick. Immediately I felt at ease here. Despite the fact that this squad is clearly going in a rebuilding direction, I felt that the team was all happy to welcome me in. Shortly after, my fellow draft classmate, Leo Finnegan entered and a similar joyous reaction from the locker room was given to him. Me and him talked for a bit and made it clear to each other that our number one goal was to win a Four Star Cup together here at some point. After some training with the team, some of the veterans took the rookies out for a night on the town. Fun was had by all, I think? I don’t remember much. Anyways, the whole welcoming experience went well and I’m excited to hopefully spend the rest of my days in the SMJHL here.

ty justice entered the maine timber Timber locker room pensively but was pleasantly surprised by the warm and welcoming reception from his teammates and management.

with delightful words of encouragement it didn't take long for ty to feel at home and have a place among his fellow players and the management he plays for. immediately upon entering the locker room he was gifted with guidance, assurances and the ability to have conversations with management about his style of play and how he would like to develop and that the maine timber management would take great care in fostering that development and giving him the tools he needs to succeed. ty's immediate impression was that this maine timber Timber group has a through and through winner's mindset, and that it is a group that not only wants to win but has all the talent and devotion in place to make sure that it happens while he's in a timber Timber jersey.

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho