Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT #2 Season Preview Deadline: Thursday, June 27th @ 11:59pm PST

With 33 games played and the St Louis Scarecrows in next to last place with 23 points and a record of 11-21-1, it looks like it is going to be a long season for sure. The team made it clear going into the season that it was going to be a rebuild one, but I think the severity of the struggles has caught many on the team off-guard.

The team currently has a dismal goal difference of -49 and with a pair of defensive rookies, their struggles to protect the net are more than likely to continue.

Offensively the team is led by LW Emile Dionne, who currently has 31 points (9 goals, 22 assists), C James Madison with 30 points (14 goals, 16 assists), RW Louis Belanger, also with 30 points (13 goals, 17 assists) and RW Alexa Johnson with 28 points (16 goals, 12 assists).

On the defensive side, RD Jack Booth (DGR: 84) and LD Nathan Abel (DGR: 68) are trying to stabilize the defenders and assist starting the trio of goalies on the roster in protecting the net.

No one likes to struggle, but in the case of the Scarecrows, spirits are still high in the locker room as the team is dedicated to continue their improvement with the goal of success next season one of their driving forces.

Word Count: 223

Defender St Louis Scarecrows: S78-

At 33 games into the season, the Maine Timber sit in first place in the league with a deep, talented roster playing every game. Leading the team in points is Mia Lavoie, while also currently sitting at second place in the league in goals and points, has been a key factor in Maine's continued success. She is a prospect of the Atlanta Inferno organization and will certainly be someone to watch out for in her rookie year next season. On the other side of her wing is Jean-Jacques Francois, who impressively boasts 47 points in Maine's 33 games. With 27 assists it's no secret that his play is heavily driving the Maine Timber offence. On the defensive side, Will Nuck and Kristians Mikelis are doing an exemplary job at holding down the top 2. They average more than 21 and 22 minutes a night respectively, and Will Nuck is leading the league with an astounding +28 plus/minus score.

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

The Vancouver Whalers are so far looking pretty decent so far! We're up in wins as opposed to our total losses which is pretty good! We're an overall solid team although we haven't been able to defeat Nevada yet as Gwen keeps reminding me. I don't anticipate winning the overall season unfortunately, but I do think we'll get decently far into the season before we're out of the running. (Sorry Vancouver)

As for the current players that I think have been critical to our success, so far I've seen the following:

-Olafur Atlason: Currently right now this is our Left Wing Offense, and is currently tied for most points on the team as is. I've seen him pinged several times in the Locker Room for best performance several times and seems to be doing an incredible job for our Left Wing Offense.

-Roman Jalopski: Once again, the Left Wing Offensive is going pretty hard this season! He's able to have a positive score on the ice and able to keep continually pushing despite being ten or so points behind Olafur.

-Galton Woggins: I realize this is sheer favouritism for myself. However, I also have gotten several different shutouts this season and have gotten quite a few pings for performance in the Locker Room. I'm doing much better than I anticipated, and I'm very happy about this.

blob:https://imgur.com/dd98d44c-a742-4578-9c26-ac62de23a721

At 15-12-3 to start the season out; we're looking pretty mid, but that's not to say bad! We have an over .500 record and a positive goals for vs goals against. We are also averaging 7 more shot on goal than our opponents. I like our offense a lot, and with a good defense and goalie core, we can keep this going throughout the rest of the season, and eventually into the playoffs!

The first person I want to shout out is Right Wing Forward Teemu Salami who has 27 points so far this season the most for the team, they also have 15 Goals and 12 assists a big part of the team!

The second is defenseman Elliot Alderson who has the best +/- on the team with 19! As well as scoring a goal and 14 assists to his name!

And lastly is goalie Anastasia Soderstrom with a 12 win and 5 loss record, they are part of the reason we have a winning record.

Code:
169 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Looking ahead to the upcoming SHL season, our team is poised for success with several key players who will be pivotal to our performance. Our top defenseman will play a critical role in anchoring our blue line, providing solid defensive play and contributing offensively with key assists and power-play effectiveness. In addition, our veteran center is crucial for winning face-offs, driving offensive plays, and providing leadership both on and off the ice. Lastly, our goaltender's ability to make key saves under pressure will be vital in securing victories and keeping us competitive throughout the season. These three players collectively form the core of our team, each bringing essential skills and experience that will be instrumental in our pursuit of success in the SHL.

[Image: KxB-_pyaGdotGz4wz5zW8E1eJpLGSxKSfSaosHJ1...9WDrQNFXbo][b][Image: y2zog1KMN5gVo_tQlYOHENY-1t0EKrR8WSNTQOai...e5XmoR61WI][/b]

The following are the three players who will be crucial to the Detroit Falcons season.

1) Teemu Salami because Teemu is entering his 4th year in Detroit and will be entering the SHL next season. He's also probably the best player on the team so Salami's performance is probably going to dictate how far The Falcons can actually go. Whether or not he's going to be all star we'll see.

2) Brayden Point is the team's top center and is coming off a 66 point season. We're going to need Point to have a season like last year and further step up as a playmaker. Seeing as how Point has eligibility left after this season we'll see if he gives everything he has this year.

3) Anastasia Soderstrom. She's been Detroit's starting goalie since her rookie year in the league and I think we'll only see this trend continue going into next year. Her ability to stand on her head is going to be essential if we're to make a deep run in the playoffs.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Kelowna Knights did not have a great Season 76 as they finished dead last in the league and swept 4-0 in the playoffs by Citadelles. During the off-season, a change of GM has lead to a rebuild of the organisation, and are hoping to make a resurgence up the league. Three players that may have an impact on the team is...

1. Gino Fortezza
The newly drafted, 6 foot 1 rookie is a highly-anticipated rookie goaltender who so far has made an excellent entrance to the SMJHL. His incredible save percentage of .900% and 2 shutouts are a dream for any rookie. He will be hard to play against and a good prospect for Knights in their rebuild and definitely a first choice goalie.

2. Mark Jagerson
Off his highest scoring season of 41 points (10G, 31A) in 66 games, his attacking prowess will be dangerous for defenses and goalies alike to face.

3.  Ivan Godinez
Fresh from the SMJHL draft of this season, Ivan has put up some great performances, and definitely looks solid for helping the Knights. Hits are a main skill of the players, with putting their body to the limit for the team with 51 hits. In 33 games, he has made 11 assists to teammates, which have proved pivotal in games.

[Image: KxShpvi.png]
@Frenchie @Ruggsy @Kalakar @Leoben

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
285 TPE
OTT (S76-)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

It's been all smiles in the Citadelles locker room. I may only a rookie, but it is still not hard to tell this team expected to slip this season after all the players who moved on to higher leagues. No matter! We have Wyatt King and Randolph Thompson ready to score goals. I want to look inside their heads and learn where they wish to score from. So far, I, Peter, am doing that well enough, it seems. I have more assists than any defenseman in this league, and more than any Citadelles teammate. Opponents have foolishly let me score four times, which I find says more about them than about me. So be it! If this is what this league has to offer, our Owlets will rise up to support our veterans, and we shall do just fine. So long as Wyatt and Randolph can score, perhaps Scape and Cristoforo too - we'll do fine. For my part, I continue to learn this game of hockey one skill at a time, one statistic at a time. Passing and assists are the first skill and statistic. Maybe I shall learn to skate in due course. Then a dash of shooting?

[Image: OS00NDIyLmpwZWc.jpeg]

[Image: Screenshot_2024-06-24_165859.png?ex=667b...y=lossless]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

PBE Afilliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

Well with the season past the halfway point I will just give a preview of the rest of the season. Ottawa's success has definitely been a bit of a surprise so far but it really came down to good drafting and players willing to do what's best for the team over themselves. But who do I think the most crucial are? I will start with Demir Bellona who came over from QCC. One of the only true defensemen on the team, Demir has held the line and helped rookie Clarence Worley learn the ropes while he plays out of position. Benji Hockiwi leads the team in points and has an impressive 20%+ shooting percentage right now. I also think some of the rookies have played a big role but one standout is Easton Schaffer who has done wonders playing on the first line next to Boo and Player. While no one on this team is really leading the league in any stats, they are playing as a unit right now and will continue to be formidable as we close out the season.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2024, 10:54 AM by kdr. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: wrong link originally )

PBE Affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=733616

The SMJHL season is well underway, and currently, the Regina Elk are directly in the middle of the pack, sitting at 8th overall in the league (though with the less games played than the majority of teams). Sorted by point percentage, the Elk are actually sitting 5th in the league, which is a great spot to be in, as well as 1st in the Northern Conference by points percentage (though the Northern conference is currently weaker than the Southern Conference). The Elk's success is due in large part to the strength of their first line, headlined by star junior forward Mary Hollywood. Hollywood currently leads the league in goals scored, while Bean Beanman Jr. plays set up man on the top line, with 55 points to Hollywood's 49. Most of the Elk's production is coming from this top forward line, so it will be interesting to see if their newcomers can play a bigger role as the season goes on and as they develop further. Overall, it has been a good season so far from the Elk, but perhaps not fully championship calibre.

[Image: Rg2aCpa.png]

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk / Thunder Bay Walleye

[SHL] Buffalo Stampede | Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL] Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

The New Gen has arrived in the J's. Her name is Hannah Crowder.

She was just recently signed by Newfoundland and looks to learn from other players there before trying to become an SMJHL star! The season just begun so Hannah wanted to share some thought about how she can improve Newfoundland's record. They are currently a mid-level team sitting at 12th place overall in the league with 24 games left to play. 

Some influencer that Hannah can learn from is Alexel Kamensky, currently 8th in assists. Alexel just got his or her position changed to C from RW for his or her final season in the Js, because he's a senior. However, Alexel is a decent player but has $6.9 million in balance so that his or her owner can spend on Training. 

Another person Hannah can learn from in her freshman season in the Js with the Berserkers is Jason Warwaha, 2nd in shots, 4th in goals and 10th in points. Warhaha is bad in Screening and Faceoffs, but he a speedster. He also shares stuff with Hannah like a weak fighter and a non-aggressive player.

Finally, Hannah can learn from Eric Vanderberg, a good person who can read the defensive play. He can handle the puck well, has good stamina, and can use his stick to check (be sure to not get penalties off that, however). 

Hannah is excited to be playing for Newfoundland and hopes she can one day be one of Newfoundland's stars!