Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

graphic option 2 [Image: image.png?ex=668d60d6&is=668c0f56&hm=185...height=511]Stank Tank!!!

[Image: SwvYrXP.jpeg]   
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]   

Ahh

This is a complex one, because almost this exact same thing has happened to Ju-gong before. In game 5 of the SMJHL final, leading the game 6-4, Ju-gong let in an absolute cupcake of a goal with a long range shot slipping in low at the near post. In that situation of course, Ju-gong didn’t get pulled, and did manage to finish the rest of the game without letting in another goal. However, if such a goal were to happen again, it would certainly be an extremely frustration/tilting moment. In that moment it wouldn’t be unreasonable to consider pulling out the young goalie. Naturally of course, Ju-gong wouldn’t be keen on coming out at all, one of his strengths in theory is his ability to shake off goals. So whether or not that was actually the case, he would want to stay on the ice to see things out. Hopefully with more and more experience, any loss of confidence would become a thing of the past with Ju-gong.

pt pass

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Option 2

I would take a very analytical approach to convincing my coach to put me on the ice for the critical minutes of the game. I'd make the argument that if I'm usually a good player and just having a bad game so far, it's likely for me to regress towards the mean of my performances throughout the season in these final minutes. If someone's been scoring a point per game all season long and they haven't yet scored a point this game, does the coach bench them forever and assume they'll never score a point again? No, so someone who's had a bad game so far isn't necessarily going to continue having a bad game. If I have a gut feeling that I've still got plenty of effort to give on the ice then I'll let it be known by my energy levels on the bench. If the bad game was caused by lack of energy that day then I wouldn't want to go out there in the critical minutes, but if the puck just wasn't bouncing the right way earlier in the game then surely the coach will believe me.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Alright let's clear something up, clearly this prompt's author has never heard the phrase 'stranger danger'. Okay I mean i'll be the first to admit it, that's really overblown but if some guy you never heard of walked up to you and offered you something to eat/drink, would you do it? Hell no, you'd be on the phone or demanding they get the hell out of there before you got security or some of your teammates to "encourage" them to leave. I mean honestly, who takes random food or drink offered by a shady looking guy and how the hell did they even get past security to the locker rooms in the first place? I think i'd rather drink Canada Dry Tonic Water that tastes like you emptied an old dehumidifier and eat expired crackers bought in the bathroom of the grimiest truck stop in Alabama before I took food from a stranger.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

It's game 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd and are losing 4-3. You haven't had the most stellar game but you have a feeling in your gut that if you're on the ice for the next 2 minutes, your team will score a goal. I know we wills core a goal, there's no question. I need to be out there. The best thing to do it just get on the ice and play. That is the best way to prove that you should be out there. You give the coach no choice, but you be out there. That is the goal of what I would do. I would just play my heart out and then cry on the bench. Statistics say that coaches cannot say no if you cry, so that is the simple way to do it. I would just cry and then prove to the coach why I am out there. I do not get off the ice until I score the goal to win the game and win the series for my team. It's easy to just prove it and get the job done. Mentality is never give up and win. That is what you do.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Option 2

Oh nice, a special prompt for goalies. Let's look at it like a professional would look at it. The goal happened. There isn't anything we can do about it anymore and being upset or angry about it or even worse doing something stupid like pulling the goalie wouldn't help anyone. We've all been there before. Stupid goals happen, even to the best of us and that's nothing that should destroy confidence. Not when you're a pro. We deal with it and look at the two minutes we have left in the game. Important hockey games have been won in the last second before, there is enough time. If we've made it this far, we can win the game. The best thing we can do at this point of the game is to simply forget about it and not think about it anymore and that goes to both the goalie and the coach. Use the time you have left effectively and focus on winning.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Graphic option 1: 

[Image: bjjemqO.png]

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2024, 06:42 PM by spidey.)

OPTION 2:

The time is ticking down on the game clock, 3 mins left...I have had a shit game, gave the puck away, been flat footed, flubbed on two open net chances, didn't even finish my checks and I feel like I am living in my own head. I have been benched for the last 15 mins of the game which hasn't helped anything in shaking the jitters. I glance up and there is now 2 mins 40 to go, we are still trailing by one, 3 of the goals scored against us were my fault...today of all days I had to have the worst game of my life GAME FUCKING 7 OF THE PLAYOFFS! 2:20 left I watch the opposing goalie for a few seconds and I see it!

He is dropping his glove hand shoulder a second early trying to play the shot, he is guessing! I can put the puck there, right above his shoulder, I can make him bite, I can score! I look up at the coach, and tell him "put me in, I can get us to overtime."

He puts his had on my shoulder and say "kid we all want to be the hero and make up for a bad game, sometimes we have a bad game, the best thing you can do is sit it out and we will get you in there next time."

There will not be a next time, it's do or die and I am not waiting until next season to get back on that ice. There is 2 minutes left and I need back on that ice, NOW!

I grab the coach by the tie and yank him forward as hard as I can causing him to bonk his head on the boards to the bench, he falls over, out cold. I yell to my teammate on the ice, "CHANGE." Our assistant coach was too busy checking on the head coach to notice me as I jumped over the boards on the hot change. The puck is up ice on Skolar's stick as we broke out of our zone and I am chasing to catch the play. Hargreeves carries it over the blue line and I am right behind him on the goalies glove side. I whistle and he sends the puck to me. I make the motion to shoot, sure enough the goalie is dropping his shoulder as I fake the shot giving me an extra 2 inches to shoot at. I wrist it with everything I got with a pin perfect shot i have practiced since i was a child. Just then I hear a loud CRACK and the world goes black.

When I wake up I am in a hospital room, the bad news, my shot hit the post and didn't go in. The good news, we got a 5 minute major powerplay for an elbow to the head that I drew and we won game on back to back power play goals.

I knew I needed to be on the ice...just not the way I drew it up in my head.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Written Option 2: As a skater Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava would want to be on the ice in a moment where it is game seven with two minutes left in the third period and my team is losing 4 to 3 needing a goal. Even if Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava has not had the most stellar game but he is quite a confident hockey player and always has that feeling in his gut that if he is on the ice for the next two minutes, his team will score a goal. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava would convince his coach to make sure you get put out there by simply telling the coach if he puts him out there he will win the game. There is no plan of attack but just a fire in Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slavas eyes that he knows where the weak point is in the opposing team to exploit.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Code:
Graphic Option 1: Draw your player getting their favourite pre-game meal, (with or without the interesting shady man from the written option)

[Image: IdyAIdb.png]

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Written Option 2:

I could be having the worst game of my life, but as a defenceman with my veterancy (and current skill level), the coach can't afford to bench me. I'm getting out there for a shift in the final two minutes. I'll let the coach know that. No need to break out the white board and draw up some x's and o's for the coaches to go over and have a "eureka!" moment. The only thing I've gotta do is look at the coach and give him a dirty look if I miss a shift and I'm getting out over the boards for the next one. Not that I do this, but if I'm 100% confident that I can get us one, then I'm doing everything in my power to have the best shift of my life. I trust my teammates, too. No disrespect to them, but I've been around the block a few times and I've earned the trust to take a shift from a younger, fresher player.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Code:
Written Option 2: For skaters:
It's game 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd and are losing 4-3. You haven't had the most stellar game but you have a feeling in your gut that if you're on the ice for the next 2 minutes, your team will score a goal. How do you convince your coach to make sure you get put out there? Do you have a plan of attack? Did you find a weakness in the opponent's gameplan? Do you just tell your coach to trust your hunch?

Ben Jammin is a work horse when it comes to the playoffs and is making sure he stays in tip top shape to keep up with all the stars that are coming into the league. While Ben isn't as nimble and durable as he was in his prime days, he can still keep up and make amazing plays. Game 7 and our team is down a goal in the 3rd period, Ben hasn't had the best game and looks defeated, but he eyes the coach and says "trust me" without saying a word, the Winnipeg coach nods at Ben and lets him head out on the ice for the final minutes of the game. Knowing that offense is needed here, he channels his inner Nathaniel Barca on Philly and looks to dangle and puck handle all over the opposing players. Ben eventually finds an open seam and dishes a sauce pass over to Mikko Rashford and he buries the goal tying the game!

(163 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]