Create Account

TOR Cap Overage

Can I ask what the thinking was on not simply delaying the sim until after they had to have a valid roster? Seems like knowing a team has an over budget roster and saying yeah whatever just let them play more is an odd decision

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

4 hours agoSburbine Wrote: We are a sim league trying to mimic the NHL after all, it only makes sense.
i still hate you for stealing my mug

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

3 hours ago39alaska39 Wrote: Can I ask what the thinking was on not simply delaying the sim until after they had to have a valid roster? Seems like knowing a team has an over budget roster and saying yeah whatever just let them play more is an odd decision
There was then no way to have a sim today if we didn't go that route, which in itself causes a load more complications. Its an imperfect solution to a complicated situation.

3 hours agoFrenchie Wrote: There was then no way to have a sim today if we didn't go that route, which in itself causes a load more complications. Its an imperfect solution to a complicated situation.
I don’t see how saying “let the illegal team play while illegal more” is better than “hey no sim today to deal with that situation, we’ll find a way to have a Saturday sim to fix the schedule”

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Gotta say I do have a sore neck

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

3 hours ago39alaska39 Wrote: I don’t see how saying “let the illegal team play while illegal more” is better than “hey no sim today to deal with that situation, we’ll find a way to have a Saturday sim to fix the schedule”
because we don't have spare simmers waiting in the wings to sim at any given time. We're already dealing with sim team changes that impact our flexibility with simming schedules, so i'm sorry this isn't the ideal outcome but that's literally the best we could do.

3 hours agoFrenchie Wrote: because we don't have spare simmers waiting in the wings to sim at any given time. We're already dealing with sim team changes that impact our flexibility with simming schedules, so i'm sorry this isn't the ideal outcome but that's literally the best we could do.

Not really trying to get into the weeds over this, and definitely not trying to make you respond to what's already a long comment chain, but I've been kind of quietly wondering for a while now why we can't just like float a week at the end of the seasons where we still plan/schedule simmers, but don't have any planned games. That way if there is any sort of delay we're not trying to cram a double sim or play a team with an illegal roster, we're just bumping all the games down one day and using up one of the floated days in reserve. If there are no issues in a given season, great, we just bin that week and move along.

I don't think this has really caused a lot of issues, but I've seen several times (and this may be more of an IIHF thing...) the reason for XYZ happening being the schedule is so tight, but it's also like... We make our own schedule here. Why not be kind to ourselves?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

ngl idk how you even get to the pre-season and not have your roster ironed out prior to the first sim, let alone have it continue into the regular season and spill over. i could get one, maybe two FAs or trades still goin back and forth on but 99% of the time the roster should be set by then no? or should i chalk it up to the trade market here that i still have trouble comprehending

[Image: sobchak.png]