Create Account

Rules Of Retirement

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Nov 7 2012, 10:44 AM
The rule is stupid, but rules are rules.  I say we stop this stupid retiring in preseason.  Your last season is your last season.  Period.  It would eliminate all confusion and stupidity... Once you retire you are done

Yeahthat There should be no I keep my player rule, it was dumb in the first place lol.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Nov 7 2012, 12:44 PM
The rule is stupid, but rules are rules.  I say we stop this stupid retiring in preseason.  Your last season is your last season.  Period.  It would eliminate all confusion and stupidity... Once you retire you are done
This actually makes sense. Enough with the confusion... If we allow the Pre-season rule we should be able to at least retire in the off-season ... To Re-create i would had to wait 2 months(we all know how long the off season is)

Just get rid of pre-season retirements. The Confusion is done and its over with.

I know I edited it last year to clarify, but clearly must've forgotten to hit enter or something. I know I went to clarify, though. Either way, the way the rule has been enforced in the past has not been unclear, which is the point.

Oh and if you want clarity, keep an eye on the create a player board in the next few minutes. About to be clear as day.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Nov 7 2012, 01:44 PM
This 100%.
when you retire, you are retired.
pretty simple

Think of this way though Jman and Alex, by allowing people to keep their player and recreate, it helps out the NWJHL by getting them more players sooner. There is also the chance people would be scared off from retiring because they are scared of the finality of it. Right now, this allows for a good closure of their careers.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Nov 7 2012, 01:16 PM
Think of this way though Jman and Alex, by allowing people to keep their player and recreate, it helps out the NWJHL by getting them more players sooner. There is also the chance people would be scared off from retiring because they are scared of the finality of it. Right now, this allows for a good closure of their careers.
What i was trying to do... Help the NWJHL. IMO if its the off-season we should be able to keep our players for one more sesaon. I cant even Update Kovy at all once i made my new player...

Seems pretty obvious that your player wouldn't be able to retire now and play next season. Common sense tbh.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Nov 7 2012, 02:17 PM

What i was trying to do... Help the NWJHL. IMO if its the off-season we should be able to keep our players for one more sesaon. I cant even Update Kovy at all once i made my new player...

Even if your ruling comes down in your favor, the part of waiting until preseason to keep your player will likely stay the same. Thus, don't try and fight from a different side right now. Put all of your armies on the same boat.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Nov 7 2012, 01:21 PM

Even if your ruling comes down in your favor, the part of waiting until preseason to keep your player will likely stay the same. Thus, don't try and fight from a different side right now. Put all of your armies on the same boat.
I understand, dont worry if i win im keeping Kovy. Like i said awhile ago my record is pretty damn good here. I dont want to start making it negative now.

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 7 2012, 01:47 PM

Yeahthat There should be no I keep my player rule, it was dumb in the first place lol.

100% agree, focus on juniors and be active there, make that community even better. Lets be honest, at least 50% of retirees focus more on the NWJHL at that point anyway, they just stick around to occasionally keep track of how their SHL is doing.

I'm all for removing that entirely, if you retire you're done. My only concern is GMs and how that would work with giving them a year in the juniors to develop first.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

The SHLPA is currently discussing this matter, Dion and the rule in general, including Sarm and Idot's case.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Nov 7 2012, 11:32 AM
The SHLPA is currently discussing this matter, Dion and the rule in general, including Sarm and Idot's case.

there shouldn't even be a discussion on this, it is cut and dry

[Image: aOowRDF.png]