Create Account

Rules Of Retirement

Code:
Retirement
-If you retire your player during the pre-season or during the season, your player plays out the rest of the season, but you can create your next and have two for the moment. However, you cannot update your retired player, but it doesn't hurt teams who have a player who they need/just acquired come back and retire suddenly. However, if you retire in the off-season, your player is just done. So now, you can retire whenever you feel like.

Juniors must retire before the draft begins in order to not be eligible to be taken. If they do not, the drafting team will get them for one season. They may still re-create, of course, but the drafting team gets them for that season.

-You may not unretire your player. Once you retire and recreate, your player is officially and fully retired.

-Players must go through two seasons once drafted before they may retire.

These are the rules on retirement. I told Spanges last season to make it clear last season, but he chose to ignore me. Now Texas gets fucked over too. Nowhere in here does it say how you retire your player. Everyone keeps saying that the rule is once you create a new player page, you are retiring, but can someone please tell me how that is anymore than an unwritten rule? Because I dont see it. You shouldnt be retired until you say I retire my player.

Dion's situation was clearly one of someone not understanding a rule that is extremely shitty. He SHOULD have known because of the shit-storm I made last season, but he didnt, and he pulled it back in literally 5 minutes. Regardless of the ruling MAKE THE RULE FUCKING CLEAR! I cant believe after all the times I asked last season that this would happen again. Put it in the rulebook that once you make a new player page, your old player is done, is it really that hard to add it to the rulebook?

Just because you think everyone should know a rule that is nowhere in the rulebook, doesnt mean that everyone will.

typical shl with their rules.

Discord are for plebs

Wholeheartedly agree. And to be honest I wasn't even aware of the shitstorm last season until this morning.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Lmao the rule isn't even up there...
What is the argument about then?
Haha

I also wasn't aware of the rule either when Idot did it as I am sure Dooley didn't know when Sarm did it. Sadly, this is the apparent rule and we all lose our players. You think they would make this rule more well known like in the create a player section have a stickied post saying something like BEFORE YOU RETIRE READ THIS.

It sucks but people just need to take it like men, Idot felt bad about it but he didn't complain at all, nor did I because it is a rule, and Dion acting like a baby and flip flopping with his story just makes it worse.

We learn for next time and move on and hope someone can make a difference in the commish office instead of hiring randoms for fun (i.e Park)

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

This seems pretty black and white to me.

Quote:-You may only have one player at a time, unless you have retired your player in the preseason and recreated with a new player. That is the only time you may have two players.

If you retire and it's not the preseason, then you lose your player. If you can only have one player in that regard, then creating a new one over-writes the previous one, like a video game.

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 7 2012, 01:31 PM
I also wasn't aware of the rule either when Idot did it as I am sure Dooley didn't know when Sarm did it. Sadly, this is the apparent rule and we all lose our players. You think they would make this rule more well known like in the create a player section have a stickied post saying something like BEFORE YOU RETIRE READ THIS.

It sucks but people just need to take it like men, Idot felt bad about it but he didn't complain at all, nor did I because it is a rule, and Dion acting like a baby and flip flopping with his story just makes it worse.

We learn for next time and move on and hope someone can make a difference in the commish office instead of hiring randoms for fun (i.e Park)

Exactly, thats all Im really asking for. If they made this rule documented after it happened to us last season, none of this would be happening.

I still dont agree with the rule, but at least put it somewhere so people can see it, instead of just saying you should know it.

Quote:Originally posted by ♕Wadey♕™@Nov 7 2012, 12:23 PM
Wholeheartedly agree. And to be honest I wasn't even aware of the shitstorm last season until this morning.
Yeahthat I never even knew this happened to Sarm and Idot... Seriously why im acting like a baby is because i took it off in 5 fucking mins after being told this shitty rule was in place. It would suck to attempt to follow the rule but yet get your player you worked so hard on just taken away like that...

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Nov 7 2012, 10:37 AM

Yeahthat I never even knew this happened to Sarm and Idot... Seriously why im acting like a baby is because i took it off in 5 fucking mins after being told this shitty rule was in place. It would suck to attempt to follow the rule but yet get your player you worked so hard on just taken away like that...

so? Idot took time to build his player and we all know Sarm did too. If they let you back then they have to let both of them back too and this just stupid. Stop being a baby and move on

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

what has happened?

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

Anyway i dont wanna say that much...., I just want my appeal to go through and get it over with... and This must or be taken out or be expose big time... Because i can see someone doing this in the future.

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 7 2012, 12:38 PM

so? Idot took time to build his player and we all know Sarm did too. If they let you back then they have to let both of them back too and this just stupid. Stop being a baby and move on
:facepalm: I understand. But seriously its a joke... The league did NOTHING to help enforce or show this rule... Anyways imma shut up now and let my appeal go through.

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Nov 7 2012, 01:35 PM
This seems pretty black and white to me.

If you retire and it's not the preseason, then you lose your player.  If you can only have one player in that regard, then creating a new one over-writes the previous one, like a video game.

If it was black and white to everyone, we wouldnt have had this 2 offseasons in a row. Really wouldnt be that difficult to simply add in a sentence saying that once you create your new player, your old one is done. If were sticking with that rule, which again is dumb.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Nov 7 2012, 01:40 PM

If it was black and white to everyone, we wouldnt have had this 2 offseasons in a row.  Really wouldnt be that difficult to simply add in a sentence saying that once you create your new player, your old one is done.  If were sticking with that rule, which again is dumb.

The problem is, it doesn't matter if it IS clear, Dion said he didn't read the rule-book, so we WOULD have this problem 2 years in a row.

You can make the rules even clearer than that(I have no problem understanding the way they're written. . .), and if people refuse to read the rules, then you will have the same problem. Clarification is half the battle, and we would still be right here with Dion if they cleared it up last year.

The rule is stupid, but rules are rules. I say we stop this stupid retiring in preseason. Your last season is your last season. Period. It would eliminate all confusion and stupidity... Once you retire you are done

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers