Create Account

SMJHL Draft Date and Other Big Announcements

If this bullshit actually happens, tag me for signing my 3 current FAs for 3 million each

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 10:01 PM
If this bullshit actually happens, tag me for signing my 3 current FAs for 3 million each
Nothing stopping you. You'll destroy your budget, but nothing stopping you

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 10 2013, 01:02 AM

Alright there pops.

GOAT commish team

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 11:01 PM

Then you will have no budget to work with. :(

I truly think that any change in the SHL or the SMJHL needs to be approved upon by the GMs in their respective leagues.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 10 2013, 01:02 AM

It's the best we can do because you fucking fucked us over with the day. Could you not fucking figure out how to slow your roll on trying to make everything change immediately. Sorry we can't all suddenly fit a sim league into our daily lives when something pops up. Real life takes over and this is the god damn hell week for any college student, and you guys took is upon yourselves to make it worse on us by introducing the combine for the weekend before and this FA bullshit mid-week and I have to be ready to draft on the weekend when I'm fried as shit from finals.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

You will have 24 hours and probably more to bid. I apologize if I didn't make it clear but all FA's don't need to be signed on Wednesday. You can bid on Thursday or whenever is convenient for you.

Also mostly every GM is on at least once ever 24 hours, isnt that hard to look at a player and post pass or bid higher.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 10 2013, 01:05 AM

Then you will have no budget to work with.  :(

I truly think that any change in the SHL or the SMJHL needs to be approved upon by the GMs in their respective  leagues.

I might not always agree with Hallsy. BUT THIS. I wouldn't be so mad if we had a discussion in the HO. But not a single word and this gets thrown at us. Would have been awesome if we could have had a heads up at the least

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 10 2013, 01:05 AM

Then you will have no budget to work with.  :(

I truly think that any change in the SHL or the SMJHL needs to be approved upon by the GMs in their respective  leagues.
Yup. I'm with hallsy on that. Like in the NHL how they have things called "GM Meetings" where they pitch ideas to the GMs and they volley it amongst themselves of whether or not it's a good idea and whether they'd like it implemented and when. GMs always have a say in shit. Hell, you ask us the day we would like the draft. Couldn't have at least asked when we'd like this FA Day before you decided it's exact middle of the week?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 11:06 PM

I might not always agree with Hallsy. BUT THIS. I wouldn't be so mad if we had a discussion in the HO. But not a single word and this gets thrown at us. Would have been awesome if we could have had a heads up at the least

he agreed with me.

:unsure:

Quote:Originally posted by Velevra@Dec 10 2013, 01:06 AM
You will have 24 hours and probably more to bid. I apologize if I didn't make it clear but all FA's don't need to be signed on Wednesday. You can bid on Thursday or whenever is convenient for you.

Also mostly every GM is on at least once ever 24 hours, isnt that hard to look at a player and post pass or bid higher.

It's not that it's that hard. It's

1. The fact that this was never discussed
2. There was a reason teams could keep their send downs. And now redistribution is even more perfect for that rule because we can mold the ones we kept

also the whole draft date 2/3's of the Gms can make it on the day that you picked. we should try to find a day where all teams have a gm for each. Its not like the SHL draft at all when you can have another person draft for you. My draft plans changes depending who i pick each round.

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 10 2013, 01:10 AM
also the whole draft date 2/3's of the Gms can make it on the day that you picked. we should try to find a day where all teams have a gm for each. Its not like the SHL draft at all when you can have another person draft for you. My draft plans changes depending who i pick each round.

What a bad idea man. No need for that. The FA frenzy though. That's good.

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 9 2013, 11:10 PM
STL, DET, MTL, KEL, VAN (HawksFan) confirmed that they could make it. That's 5/6 teams. 701 can only make 1 day and Taron hasn't been replying so we don't really know what works for him.

How long do you suggest we wait until a date where all 6 Head GM's can make it?

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 10 2013, 01:59 AM

Look at the post above yours. Jesus Murphy

*waits for neglawts french voice to pump out a random jesus murphy* :unsure:

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 9 2013, 10:10 PM
We will not do that. Because if we do, we will never get the season started and we are being pressured down here to get the season started

So we cannot wait, we cannot waste time right now. We are on a tight schedule

We have never had a time where everyone said they could make it, we tried to find the best time for everyone. Unfortunately this falls around Finals time, but there is nothing we can do about it. We have to start the season as soon as possible, and PJ, HFFO, and myself are finding something to spruce up that time between the draft and the season so that juniors don't begin to leave. To keep them interested, because in past seasons, we have had a plethora of juniors leave this league. We cannot live on recreates.

You have to log in once every 12-24 hours (interesting, you are on now, how crazy) and bid on a player who you might want

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]