Create Account

Ask a GM: Part 11

Quote:Originally posted by lere2001@Feb 24 2014, 04:05 PM
Thoughts on the SMJHL draft? Who got the biggest steal? Who will be the biggest bust?

Hard to say because everyone is on an even slate. You just have to hope that the players you drafted will be dedicated. I was kind of shocked to hear that Botelho dropped to the fourth. Maybe it's because we have a lot of members who weren't here when he was.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Feb 24 2014, 04:12 PM
Want me to get you WWE network?

I wouldn't hate it. Is it the same method as getting US Netflix on XBOX 360 or is it different?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Feb 24 2014, 04:15 PM

I wouldn't hate it. Is it the same method as getting US Netflix on XBOX 360 or is it different?

Yep basically. It's been pretty touchy in Xbox so far. I'll PM you the laptop stuff too

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Interview Outside of recruitment, what is the biggest challenge currently facing the League?

Interview What are your thoughts, as a Western Conference GM, on the Reimer for Winnfield trade?

Interview We don't often see SHL GM jobs change hands, this season we saw several, particularly WKP, HAM, TOR. What advice can you give both as a GM and a Commissioner for players hoping to become a GM?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Feb 24 2014, 04:30 PM
Interview Outside of recruitment, what is the biggest challenge currently facing the League?

Interview What are your thoughts,  as a Western Conference GM, on the Reimer for Winnfield trade?

Interview We don't often see SHL GM jobs change hands, this season we saw several, particularly WKP, HAM, TOR. What advice can you give both as a GM and a Commissioner for players hoping to become a GM?

1. Good question. Honestly I think we as members need to be more excited about the actual games and the hockey league. I think we've moved away from caring as much about the results of the games to more individual achievements.

2. I didn't think the Steelhawks would trade Reimer, but I knew Winnfield wanted out. Both teams get young goalies so we'll see how it shakes out in the end.

3. Be dedicated to your player, stay active around the boards, and try to help out wherever you can because you never know when the next opportunity will arrive.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

What do we need to restore excitement into the individual games? Better PbP? Somehow many it a better spectacle? Have better live chats during them?

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Feb 24 2014, 04:38 PM

1. Good question. Honestly I think we as members need to be more excited about the actual games and the hockey league. I think we've moved away from caring as much about the results of the games to more individual achievements.

Interview To follow up on this, we've seen the decline for years in the interest of PbPs and regular season games. What is the solution? How can the League get more people involved and interested in the game results?

Interview Would reducing the number of teams qualifying for the Playoffs make each regular season game more valuable and more interesting?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

What do you think of the new update scale and player builds? Do you notice if they make GMing a bit more of a challenge with line ups or is it still just highest TPE gets better roles?

Quote:Originally posted by lere2001@Feb 24 2014, 04:39 PM
What do we need to restore excitement into the individual games? Better PbP? Somehow many it a better spectacle? Have better live chats during them?

I'm not sure what can be done yet, but it starts with us as members getting ourselves excited about winning games and making the playoffs. The PBP system is a crap shoot. We've tried a lot of different things, but it doesn't seem to take. I don't think people want to wait an hour or two for the results when the game sheet can just be posted in one second.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Feb 24 2014, 04:42 PM

Interview To follow up on this, we've seen the decline for years in the interest of PbPs and regular season games. What is the solution? How can the League get more people involved and interested in the game results?

Interview Would reducing the number of teams qualifying for the Playoffs make each regular season game more valuable and more interesting?

Like I said before, I don't know of a way yet, but it starts with the members wanting to care about team results. That's the only way we can begin to fix it.

Absolutely not. If you want more members to care about the game results, you can't have less people experience the playoffs. We're at a perfect number right now.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Feb 24 2014, 04:51 PM
What do you think of the new update scale and player builds? Do you notice if they make GMing a bit more of a challenge with line ups or is it still just highest TPE gets better roles?

I think it's helped with line combos. Now you can see who plays the different styles and match them up on the lines. Higher TPE is always going to mean the player will play better for the most part, but now you have to be aware of player roles. You're not going to throw 2 or 3 snipers on a line so you'll need to find a passer or a two-way forward to compliment them.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

How much longer do you see yourself GMing?

Can I steal this idea one day if I please? Wink

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 24 2014, 05:13 PM
How much longer do you see yourself GMing?

Can I steal this idea one day if I please? Wink

I ask myself that often, but never come up with an answer. Eventually it has to end...right?

The Junior Commissioners did already so apparently it's fair game for all.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Feb 24 2014, 05:17 PM

I ask myself that often, but never come up with an answer. Eventually it has to end...right?

The Junior Commissioners did already so apparently it's fair game for all.

League becomes less fun when you step down. Don't do it unless you plan on leaving IMO Wink

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 24 2014, 05:19 PM

League becomes less fun when you step down. Don't do it unless you plan on leaving IMO Wink

This man gets it Cheers

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3