Create Account

S29 Regular Season PGS Thread

<div align="center">[Image: article-urn:publicid:ap.org:565e9912c0a0...34x703.jpg]
Montreal's Filip Granlund tussles with Colorado's Joey DiNino after heated words about Granlund's mother were exchanged at the faceoff</div>

Live from Colorado, it's SMJHL Today with coverage of the first matchup between hometown Mammoths Colorado Mammoths Mammoths and, having fun with the throwback jerseys, the road warrior Militia Montreal Militia Militia. Let's get right down to it, what really mattered in this inter-conference tilt? We turn now to the Turning Points of the Game!

Turning Points of the Game

1. Holy shit, he scored already?

[Image: RelievedAffectionateDragon.gif]

Let me tell this from a sportscast crew perspective: I usually show up early to games to get the pregame coverage done, interview players, stuff the fans (you) usually. like. Welp, gosh darn it, I had a flat tire, so I wasn't able to get there on time for me, but I was able to get there just in time to see the team already celebrating. I asked my co-host, "What the heck just happened?" and they said, "It's already a 1-0 lead for the Mammoths!" The first line was able to, in 10 seconds, win the faceoff, drive into Montreal territory, take a shot, recover a rebound and shoot again, RECOVER A MISSED SHOT, and Goal score on this beauty Goal from Ben Dover, the guy that took the first shot! Already, 10 seconds in, Montreal's Matt Lewis-Flood has a 360 GAA on a 66.7% save percentage. Thank god he improved since then, and those stats are really meant for exaggeration's sake, but damn! That Colorado offense is fast!

2. Hey, we got ourselves a fight!

[Image: Getzlaf_fight.0.gif]

Well not really, but as you could see from the opening graphic, Filip Granlund didn't take kindly to what Joey DiNino had to say about Granlund's family, and the instigation at the faceoff was what got DiNino kicked out. If there was anyone you wanted to be kicked out of the game, however, it was not DiNino: he had an 80% faceoff percentage headed into the fight, didn't even win the damn fight, and his absence led to Granlund winning 4 out of his last 5 faceoffs, which didn't sway the tilt toward the Militia but didn't help Colorado's chances. The guy management probably wanted to have be the goon? William Goddard, who posted a nill stat line outside of 2 shots into MLF's gut. During the 5 minutes Granlund was gone, by the way, Montreal missed out on an opportunity to score thanks to the instigation penalty tacked on to DiNino's fight, and if Granlund was on the 2nd powerplay line like he should have been, maybe the turnover caused by Kristians Rozentals wouldn't have happened and an extra opportunity could have materialized.

3. Missed chance early in the 3rd Period

[Image: htsbt.gif]

Yeah, Kimmo Lokinen took one for the team there, but he got lucky with the follow-up shot. Early in the 3rd period, the <s>Impact</s> Militia were down 2-1 and in desperate need of a goal. The 3rd line was already out, and they were hungry: the 3rd line plays the least amount of time on the team, and needed a chance to prove their worth. Suddenly, a chance opens up, as Jean Chretien gets a laser to bounce off Lokinen's mask and dribble toward the open net. All Feta Fingers has to do is tap it in, but no. He swings wildly at the puck and sends it AWAY FROM THE NET, long enough for the Mammoths to send the puck down the ice for an icing and regroup. Had Fingers converted, it's a tie game, the Militia become more offensive, and it's possible the game coule have been won by the road team in regulation or at least have taken the game to overtime. Since that did not happen, Militia fans, place the weight of the team on Fingers' weak, weak shoulders.

A few sidenotes before we move on to the 3 Stars of the Game...

Interesting Sidenotes

- Kimmo Lokinen got his first career win on his first career game tonight, playing all 60 minutes and stopping 16 of 17 shots for a 94.1% save percentage. This gives him the best full-game rookie start in Mammoths history, with Jacob Andrews coming close at a 90.1% save percentage and 2 GA in his first rookie start (this is not counting his first appearance on the ice, where he filled in and stopped 4 shots in 15 minutes).
- This was Filip Granlund's 1st fight ever, and he took a draw. This might lead to more aggression for the usually calm rookie, but watch out: he's no longer a fight virgin.
- This game broke Viatcheslav Orlov's 3 game pointless streak, but he still has yet to find the net as a rookie. This isn't uncommon, but from a 2nd overall pick, Montreal expected more offensive production.

And finally...

SMJHL Today's 3 Stars of the Game

3rd Star - Ilmari Määttä, Militia - The best player on the losing team deserves some recognition here. 4 big hits resulted in 1 turnover, on top of his 18 takeaways, and he scored the lone goal for the Militia in today's game. Snaps to you, Ilmari, get your team out of the gutter by being a fantastic role model.

2nd Star - Kimmo Lokinen, Mammoths - A record-setting night for the rookie goaltender, Lokinen showed his true worth on the ice. He got some good help from his team (7 blocked shots), but on his own, Lokinen kept pucks away from the net and in good position. Only 4 of his 16 saves resulted in rebounds, and only 2 of those resulted in putback shots. THose 2 shots were gloved safely by Lokinen, something real pros are able to pull off.

1st Star - Evgeny Yakikov, Mammoths - 8 hits, 8! 3 of those hits led to extra Mammoths possessions, and only 1 was too aggressive, resulting in Yakikov's lone penalty of the night. His team was better with him on the ice, and Yakikov's 8 faceoff wins on 11 tries in Militia territory gave his team the chance to convert more often. Thanks to the Russian rookie, the Mammoths had pressure on Montreal all night long.

Goal FINAL SCORE Goal
Militia - 1
Mammoths - 3

Welcome back to Sports Net live, where we have just watch a thrilling game, the 22nd game of the young SMJHL season, between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Colorado Mammoths, where the Scarecrows beat the Mammoths, 4-2. For those that are just tuning in now, lets give you some highlights…

Synopsis/Highlights

The game tells a tale of two drastically different teams, the St.Louis Scarecrows who coming into the game are 4-1-0 leading the East division, while the Colorado Mammoths are 1-1-3 and are 4th in the West division. The Scarecrows boast one of the most explosive veteran offenses in the league, while the Mammoths are loaded with rookies and though surely will be contenders in future seasons, this season might be more of a struggle, in what is becoming a more veteran based SMJHL.

1st Period:

The Scarecrows came out flying, like we have seen in most of their games so far this season. We pick it up with the Mammoths with a rare entry into the Scarecrows end:

“Stamkos Jr. carries the puck across the Scarecrows blue line into the corner, he spins and passes the puck back to the point, Dover looks to O’Dooley and then passes it back to Stamkos Jr……. WHAT A HIT! Feist just plowed Stamkos Jr. into the boards and starts skating it out of the Scarecrows end…. Stamkos Jr. looks be ok, but he definitely looks to be cut, as he is just now getting to his feet. Feist, the lead pass to Hans, 2 on 1, with Strange on the other side. Hans drives to the net, looks like he is going short side…NO, through the legs pass to Strange…what a sick pass! Goal GOAL!!!! Goal WHAT A PASS BY HARRY HANS!!”

<div align="center">[Image: semin.gif]</div>

These Scarecrows are just magic to watch; we have seen this team bud into an dynamic offensive machine, as they added two more goals in the period and went up 3-0.

2nd Period:

As with most Scarecrows games, we often see them jump out to good leads and then take a step off the gas and this was evident, even though they outshot the Mammoths in the period 11-5, their chances were more perimeter shots and not the high quality scoring chances we saw in the 1st period.

“The Scarecrows have the Mammoths pinned in their own end, DarryL Landry over the Kelly Rivet, who winds up for the blast and lets it go! Ouch!! Ben Dover with the sacrifice and blocking that howitzer, on one knee Dover shuffles the pass to O'Dooley and out of the Mammoths zone he goes, over to Stamkos Jr., all bandaged up from the nasty hit by Feist in the 1st period. To be honest I’m surprised no one came to the kids aid on that and dropped the gloves with Feist. Anyway now into the Scarecrows zone. Rivet stick checks Stamkos Jr. and the puck squirts free, but O’Dooley gets it slides it back to Stamkos Jr. the snapshot! Goal GOAL!!! Goal That beat Holmes high to the glove side!”

<div align="center">[Image: 160202%20Landeskog%20goal.gif]</div>

The Mammoths added another and made this a contest, with a period to go and the Scarecrows now up only by 1.

3rd Period:

Frans Erichsen, playing on the 2nd line has been a big bright spot for the Scarecrows as a rookie he has produced numbers just as good as the likes of Sebastian Strange and Harry Hans, whom everyone thought would be the team’s big guns.

“The Mammoths shoot the puck into the Scarecrows zone and go for a line change. Gustav-Hans Mohrs picks it up behind his net, waiting for the Scarecrows to also change on the fly. He passes it to Greenholm, who exists the Scarecrows zone, then passes it cross ice to Diablo he enters the Mammoths zone, both Charlyb'y and Erichsen are streaking to the net…the saucer pass…. Goal GOAL!! Goal Tipped in by Erichsen, his 4th of the season. Scarecrow are up 4-2!!”

<div align="center">[Image: CompleteCharmingFlyinglemur.gif]</div>

That was all the Scarecrows needed to clinch the victory, 4-2 outshooting the Mammoths 32-15 in the process. However, near the end of the game Jacob Andrews definitely did not seem happy and took it out on Sebastian Strange in front of the net.

<div align="center">[Image: eb1db7d0-f665-11e3-9cb8-8158761bd845_MIK...-BROWN.gif]</div>

Individual Player Stat Breakdown

Many key factors contributed to the Scarecrows coming out the victors, but let’s break down and compare the top line for both teams and how they stacked up, head to head.

Scarecrows:

Eugene Feist (Center) – 1 assist, +1, 1 shot and 1 Hit, 12/21 (57.14%) in the faceoff dot
Harry Hans (RW) – 1 goal, 1 assist, +2, 2 shots and 1 hit
Sebastian Strange (LW) – 1 goal, +1, 11 shots (Wow!Wink, 1 hit

Totals: 2 goals, 2 assists, +4, 14 shots and 3 hits in addition to being 57% in the face offs

Mammoths:

Evgeny Yakikov (Center) - -1, 3 hits and 13/28 (46.42%) in the faceoff dot
Joey DiNino (RW) – 1 goal, -1, 2 PIM, 2 shots
Master Maguku (LW) - -1, 1 shot

Totals: 1 goal, -3, 2 PIM, 3 shots and 3 hits and 46% in face offs

It is evident by the breakdown how the two lines compared, but what stands out to me are two things. One is the jaw dropping 11 shots Sebastian Strange had on net and to be honest some confusion how he didn’t score more then 1 goal. Second is how does the #1 center for the Mammoths not register a single shot on net, when playing over 22 minutes of the game?

To me this is the key to the game.

Most Valuable Player

Now you might think with Sebastian Strange’s 11 shots that would make him our MVP of tonight’s game, especially with his free wheeling play all night, as that is always exciting to watch, but you would be wrong.

The most valuable player for me was Frans Erichsen. The reason is simply this guy is a 2nd line player, a rookie and comes out hard and plays every night. Tonight he had 1 goal and 1 assist, 6 shots on net with one hit and one shot block, he literally did it all.

The only downside of his game is that he was on the ice for both Mammoth goals, so he was on +/- 0, but he is still working on his defensive zone coverages and I can give him slack on that due to this being only his 6th game in the SMJHL.

This guy could be a big reason why the Scarecrows might go deep in this years playoffs…you can quote me on that.

~1100 words

<center>Kelowna Knights Knights vs raiders Halifax Raiders
Game 25

It was a slow-moving game last night as the Kelowna Knights notched an unanswered goal per period (scored by Mikael Talo and Aronne Zamloch) for the first 40 minutes. Despite an attempt at a third period comeback by the Halifax Raiders with a goal by Carter Rosston, the Knights were victorious by a score of 2-1.

[Image: xe3uhNC.png]

Story of the Game</center>
This match-up was the sixth game of the season for the Kelowna Knights, and by all accounts, center Mikael Talo was worried in the hours beforehand. Talo, who led the team in scoring with 43 points in his rookie season and received the Ron Bolt (Most Sportsmanlike) and the Vyacheslav Onoprienko (Most Underrated), has a lot to prove with his sophomore season. With the stacked Knights gunning for the Four Star Cup this season, every player has to step up--especially when they bear the weight of an A on their chest, as Talo does.

In a preseason interview with the Kelowna Star, Talo declared that he was “unbelievably honoured” to be a part of the Knights’ leadership team--but some media critics haven’t been so sure that his play on the ice is reflecting that mindset.

Captain Mikko Linna and alternate captain Mia Landvik weren’t having it.

“[Talo] is absolutely deserving of his letter,” Landvik said after the Knights’ third game of the season, a 4-2 loss to the St. Louis Scarecrows, in which Talo scored no points and was a -2. “It wasn’t a good showing tonight, but we’re all feeling out our chemistry on the ice right now, and we’re confident that we’ll bounce back from this loss.”

“He's a leader on this team, on and off the ice,” Linna asserted firmly. “Everyone goes through rough patches, that doesn't mean they aren't exemplary players. He is an exemplary player, both on this team and in the league.”

Talo rewarded his teammates’ trust in him when he set himself up perfectly to receive a cross-ice pass from Linna in the Halifax Raiders’ zone and rifle the puck into the net glove-side.

Asked how he felt after scoring his first goal of the season, Talo replied, "Relieved, I think I would be lying if I didn't say relieved. Everybody else has been doing a great job of stepping up and scoring points, so it was frustrating that I haven't been as productive, able to help everyone out.”

Talo paused, then delivered the line that puts all the critics who claimed he didn’t deserve to lead the Knights to shame: “But I think at least it's a good lesson for the rookies; that on a deep team you're not going to come in and have individual success every week, and that's okay."

Wise words from the alternate captain himself.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Knights VS Scarecrows

In Game 32 of the SMJHL season, the Kelowna Knights fell to the St. Louis Scarecrows for the second time in as many meetings.

With a final score of 3-2, let’s take a look at the five goals of the game.

Goal 1: It was the Scarecrows who struck first, on the power play following a minor penalty from Knights second pair defenseman Fedor Shirobokov for holding the stick. The goal came at 7:24 of the first period when Dos Diablo set Danny Foster up for a wicked wrister that went in low on the blocker side of Mikke Laukkanen.

Goal 2: A little less than eight minutes after the Scarecrows put themselves on the board, the Knights struck back with a tally from second pair defenseman Cara Hohenberg at 15:10. Hohenberg was there to catch a ricocheted puck when one of Mikko Linna’s shots hit post. She sent it in high glove side on Casey Holmes who just wasn’t able to get there in time.

Goal 3: After a dry second period, the Scarecrows score their second of the game at 8:38 of the third period when Harry Hans set up point with Sebastian Strange and Kelly Rivet and hammers Laukkanen with shots. Eventually, one slips in under his left pad off of Hans’ stick.

Goal 4: At 12:42, Lenard Ramsey ties things up. While acting as a screen, he deflects an Aronne Zamloch shot over Holmes’ right shoulder with his stick, and it looks like the Knights might give the Scarecrows a fight.

Goal 5: With both teams desperate to end it in regulation, Mikael Talo loses a faceoff in the St. Louis zone and the Scarecrows are able to carry the puck across neutral zone, all the way to the Knights net, where Dos Diablo gets around Fedor Shirobokov and nets what would be the game winner.

In the end, it was shots on goal that made the difference. The Scarecrows kept Knights goalie Mikke Laukkanen busy, while Casey Holmes was able to sit back and relax a bit. The only period where the Knights came close to keeping up was the second, where no one was able to score. This is unusual for the Knights, who usually outshoot their opponents by a wide margin. The final shots tally was 38 for the Scarecrows, 23 for the Knights.

Take a look at an infographic for the game:

[Image: ge2tAG6.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Knights VS Scarecrows

The Kelowna Knights faced the St. Louis Scarecrows for the third time of the season in Game 40. Eager to grab a win after losing their first two matchups, the Knights fought hard and came away with a 3-1 victory.

St. Louis had the lone goal of the first period, a hard slapshot on on the power play by Dos Diablo. Both goals in the second period belonged to the Knights, the first one a power play goal by Mia Landvik off of an assist from Mikko Linna, and the second a goal no one saw coming by knights unknown Janis Mazmiesis. In the third period, Linna added another point off of an assist from Mikael Talo.

After the first twenty, with the Scarecrows up by one, it looked like this would be another variation on the same old song and dance with St. Louis coming up victorious. The real turning point of the game was Mia Landvik’s power play goal at 1:52 into the second period following a hooking minor by Jeremy Belfour. That goal gave the Knights the momentum they needed to make a comeback, scoring another in the last 31 seconds of the second period and then hammering the final nail in the Scarecrows coffin with that third period goal by captain Mikko Linna at 8:32.

Here’s what Knights first pair defenseman Mia Landvik had to say following the win:

Interview How did it feel to come away with a win tonight after losing to the Scarecrows in your two previous matchups?

Landvik: Vindication, bitch!

Interview How did your team manage to rally after a tough first period? What was said in the locker room during first intermission that may have helped to turn the tide?

Landvik: I yelled at these fucks for a bit, and then Mikko looked very stern. I told Mikael to look sad and I think he did a good job with that. We’re great at motivation.

Interview Finally, who is Janis Mazmiesis?

Landvik: You know, we’re not quite sure, but he really came up big for us tonight. We’re gonna take him out for some invisible beer. Invisible because that’s what he usually is, you get me?

And now for a look at the three stars of the game:

[Image: W7iQTLy.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Edit: never mind, I'll shut the fuck up, Infographic wasn't showing up. Great job <a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jenny</a>!!!

<center>Game 96 - Hallifax Raiders vs St Louis Scarecrows

raiders Scarecrows</center>

Welcome to the Halifax Raiders Post-Game Show, sponsered by Off! Bug Spray, because somehow we couldn’t manage to get Raid on board. It was unfortunate.

Halifax comes into Game 96 against the St. Louis Scarecrows riding hot, having won 5 of their last 6 games and putting together their first significant streak of the season. They will be tested against the deep and powerful Scarecrows roster.

Your starting goalies are Dick Chocolate for the Halifax Raiders and Casey Holmes for the St. Louis Scarecrows! Chocolate comes into the game with an 11-9-1 record, and has posted two shutouts in his last 6 games. Holmes comes into the game 10-3-2. Halifax is up 4-2 in the season series so far. So let’s get to the action!

We start the scoring just minutes in! Fresh off a penalty kill, the Scarecrows find Halifax Captain Felix Herzog carrying the puck in on a rush. Herzog moves the puck to McArdle on the give-and-go, and both defensemen look the high scoring wingers way and leave rookie Tristan Svahn alone. Herzog finds Svahn alone and he has his 2nd goal of the season just 3 minutes and change into the contest!

It wouldn’t take long for the Scarecrows to recover, though. Halifax finds themselves pinned down in their zone a few minutes later, facing fresh legs after an icing call. Doing everything to keep the puck out, Porter blocks a shot and then forces pressure on Charlyb’y forcing him to miss the net, but it’s retrieved behind the red line by Foster, moved out to the front to Dos Diablos, then a quick in and out play across the crease as Diablos moves it to Foster then to rookie sensation Frans Erichsen and beats Chocolate to tie the game up at 1.

We quickly move to the halfway point of the first, Porzingis is in the box for Halifax on a hooking call, and the Scarecrows are moving the puck into the zone. Feist finds Strange coming up the side and Chocolate makes a daring save, but no one can find the puck and Strange is able to jump on his own rebound as the Scarecrows take a 2-1 lead.

Right off the ensuing faceoff, Jeremy Belfour takes a dangerous run at Raiders defenseman Ace McArdle and ends up with a 4 minute call for boarding. Marner moves the puck to Rosston who unloads in the slot! Dabkowski has the screen on and tips the puck, but Casey Holmes makes the save. St. Louis would go on to kill the penalty and retain the lead.

Move into the second now, the Raiders are pressing in the offensive zone. De Bruin snaps a shot at the Scarecrows need, Holmes is able to fight it off but leaves a rebound. Herzog finds the rebound and tries to backhand it at the net, it goes slightly wide but Rosston catches it behind the net and finds Holmes going against the grain and he wraps it in the short side to bring the Raiders even.

Almost to be expected at this point, the action doesn’t stop anytime soon. Just 90 seconds later, the Scarecrows get a fortunate bounce after a Eugene Feist shot ricochets off Corey Eaves shin pads and catches Chocolate reacting, leaving Danny Foster wide open at the top of the crease with nothing but net in front of him. He doesn’t disappoint, and the Scarecrows quickly regain their advantage on Fosters 2nd goal of the season and 3rd point of the night.

Next, we move to another Scarecrows power play. Blake Battle is whittling down the last seconds of his penalty and is left watching as a Porter blocked shot bounces out to Joe Kerr who blasts it past Dick Chocolate. The goal comes with 1 second left on Battles penalty and the Raiders find themselves down 2 and discouraged. Chocolate is called towards the bench and it looks like rookie netminder Carter Fleury will come in to see some time with a little under half the game left. Dick Chocolate will leave the game giving up 4 goals on 17 shots, 2 of them on the powerplay.

The change wakes up the Raiders bench, as less than 2 minutes later they find themselves moving the puck on a string in the offensive zone after Herzog intercepts Foster. Rosston moves to De Bruin, to Porter, to Herzog, back to Rosston in the slot and over to De Bruin for the one timer and Holmes barely has time to wave at it. 4-3 Scarecrows with a lot of time to go.

Halifax goes to the man advantage almost immediately as Strange takes 2 for hooking. Banning steps in and picks off Rivet in the neutral zone and finds Rosston breaking in past the defenders. Rosston advances on the breakaway but it stopped by Holmes!

To a quick breakout of the Raiders zone, De Bruin wins the faceoff to Herzog who speeds down the wing into the Scarecrows zone, drops the puck to Rosston who finds Matthew Shea coming in late. Shea skates into the slot and slides the puck over to Leif De Bruin who finds an opening and ties the game at 4 late in the 2nd period! De Bruin scores his 6th and 7th of the season.

Halifax is pumped up and find themselves drawing a hooking call out of Danny Foster, going to the PP for the 5th time in the evening, and look at this passing play! Rosston moves the puck to Marner coming in the zone, and then it’s Marner to Banning to Reflieux to Rosston. Rosston moves the puck in the rotation and passes to Dabkowski, back to Rosston, to Reflieux, to Banning at the point. Over to Rosston who creates a little space and finds Marner coming into the high slot, but the shot is blocked by Kelly Rivet! St. Louis would remain perfect on the powerplay and would finish the night 7 for 7 on the PK.

First shift of the third, Blake Battle is carrying into the St, Louis zone and is hit by Landry, Rivet collects the puck and moves it to Strange. Strange is stripped in the offensive zone but Rivet collects to loose puck and finds Strange moving towards the net. A quick pass and a shot past Fleury and St Louis is back on top quickly!

Moments later, fresh off another missed power play opportunity, the Raiders have their checking line out, Matthew Shea intercepts a Matteo pass in the neutral zone, finds center Mike Ross in the St Louis zone. Ross would throw a quick snapper at the net and Buster Hyman would tip the puck past Casey Holmes to tie it at 5!.This would be Hymen’s 4th of the season.

We move to Rosston carrying the puck into the neutral zone after a De Bruin face off win. Rosston finds a streaking Herzog coming in off the wing, and Herzog powers straight to the net and finds space over Holmes shoulder! A quick rush up the ice and the Raiders are leading this high scoring affair 6-5 with a little under 8 left to play!

Moments later, we see Sebastian Strange in the Raiders zone, snaps off a quick shot to Fleury who handles it. At 13:32, this would be the last shot St, Louis put on net, as the Raiders hold St. Louis to only 4 shots in the final frame, giving Fleury one of his easier wins in relief. Fleury would improve to 2-2-0 and would let in 1 goal on 6 shots in 28:38.

The Off! Bug Spray 3 Stars of the Evening are Carter Rosston, Felix Herzog and Leif De Bruin going #1, all coming off of 4 points nights and fuelling the Raiders comeback. Afterwards, the Raiders also gave out an unofficial ‘4th Star’ to defenseman Gorlab as he makes it to the midway point of the season without having a negative turnover game (that’s legit, run the numbers, he’s never a minus)

Final shots would be 36 to 23 for the Raiders. Halifax goes 0 for 7 on the PP with St. Louis going 2 for 4 early. Halifax would win the faceoff game, winning 44/82 and would slightly edge out the physical game, outhitting St Louis 15-14. The newly formed Banning-Lindstrom defensive unit would set the defensive pace, Banning having a team leading 3 physical takeaways and Lindstrom intercepting 15 Scarecrow passes.

We close out a wild night in Halifax as the Raiders continue their domination of the division leading Scarecrows in their season series, winning their 5th out of 7. The teams will face each other 3 more times during the Regular Season, and if the previous games have been any indication, we’ll be in for a lot of goals, as the teams have combined for 58 - 8.3 per game - throughout the season.

Thanks for tuning in, until next time, from Off! Brand Buy Spray, thank you for tuning into the Halifax Raiders Post-Game Show, and have a good night!

<center>St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows vs Knights Kelowna Knights
Game 36

It was a rough and tumble game for the St. Louis Scarecrows and Kelowna Knights as both teams recorded a combined total of 30 penalty minutes. The Knights put on a clinic as they scored 3 goals, two of them on the power play, to shut the Scarecrows out.

Player Match-Up of the Knight</center>
Casey Holmes (STL) recorded a fairly impressive save percentage of .906 in the Scarecrows’ loss, turning aside 29 out of 32 shots. Unfortunately, Holmes’ defenders weren’t on their game in front of him--their dismal efforts on the penalty kill were proof enough of that. The Scarecrows’ offense was lacking as well, as they failed to convert on 6 full power plays.

Conversely, Mikke Laukkanen (KEL) stopped all 28 shots that came his way, while his defenders blocked 12 shots. With 14 minutes spent on the kill, the Knights’ ability to clear the puck out of the defensive zone was given a chance to shine. Their offensive capabilities, especially on the power play, kept Laukkanen and his team feeling comfortable throughout 60 minutes.

The Scarecrows have gone 6-2-1 in the season so far, a comparable number to the Knights’ record of 7-2-0. The two teams are vying for the top slot in the overall standings, and analysts are already looking forward to a potential Four Star Cup Final between these two teams. Their performances come down to how well they can work as a team, and the Knights undoubtedly came out on top in that regard tonight.

<center>Most Chivalrous (Valuable) Player</center>
Defenseman Fedor Shirobokov opened the scoring on the powerplay at 0:38 in the first after St. Louis’ Danny Foster went off for slashing. Dieter Dominique won the face-off against Eugene Feist to the right of the Scarecrows’ net, sending the puck to a waiting Mia Landvik, who faked a shot in front of the net and passed the puck to Shirobokov, allowing him to take advantage of the open expanse of net on his side.

Shirobokov would go to work on the power play again in the second period as Foster took another minor, this one for hooking at 3:38. After the Scarecrows cleared the puck and made a line change, the Knights cycled the puck up the ice into the Scarecrows’ zone, culminating in Mikko Linna passing to Shirobokov only for him to send it back to Linna, who roofed it past Holmes.

In addition to his offensive capabilities on the power play, Shirobokov played a full 6 minutes on the Knights’ flawless penalty kill, blocked 1 shot, and doled out 4 hits. His presence on both sides of the ice earned him a well-deserved second star of the game.

★ Mikke Laukkanen (KEL)
★★ Fedor Shirobokov (KEL)
★★★ Mikko Linna (KEL)

<center>Post-Game Interview with Mikko Linna</center>
Interview How much do you think the team relies on Laukkanen?

As much as any team relies on their goalie. Unfortunately there will be games where he'll have to carry us, and the other way around. We do our best to support him and he does his best to stand tall behind us.

Interview Your powerplay really clicked in this game, what do you think contributed to that?

It's something we've been working on and really trying to improve. I think all the practice time we've dedicated to special teams really paid off tonight.

Interview Do you think discipline is a problem for the Knights?

No. [glares at the media scrum until it disperses]

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

<div align="center"> Mammoths vs. Knights </div>
Game 56

This will be third meeting of these teams in this season. In the first game Kelowna Knights won against Colorado Mammoths in the close game that finished 2-1 SO, but in the second game Kelowna won again 3-1. Kelowna Knights wants to take third win against Mammoths. This is special game for me, because there will play Justs Sirmais.

<div align="center">LINEUPS</div>
Mammoths
FORWARDS

1 Evgeny Yakikov Master Maguku Joey DiNino
2 Steven Stamkos Jr. Antoine Vietto Frontdoor McGraw
3 Steven Stamkos Jr. Antoine Vietto Frontdoor McGraw
4 Evgeny Yakikov Master Maguku Joey DiNino

DEFENSE

1 Ben Dover Maverick O'Dooley
2 William Goddard Sludge
3 Richie Pecker BJ Subban
4 BJ Subban Sludge

GOALIE

Jacob Andrews

Knights
FORWARDS
1 Mikael Talo Anatoly Yanovich Mikko Linna
2 Dieter Dominique Beau Bent Nicholas Leier
3 Justs Sirmais Sven Bartok Kyle LeBlanc
4 Justs Sirmais Janis Mazmiesis Aronne Zamloch

DEFENSE
1 Mia Landvik Ty Justice
2 Cara Hohenberg Fedor Shirobokov
3 Dolph Ziggler Bernard Frederic
4 Dolph Ziggler Bernard Frederic

GOALIE

Max Smith-Frey

<b><span style='color:red'><div align="center">BEST SAVES TOP3
</div>
</span></b>
3. Great save by Kelowna Knights Goalie

[Image: 200.gif]

2. Amazing save by Colorado Mammoths Goalie

1. Beautiful Save by Kelowna Knights Goalie

<b><span style='color:purple'><div align="center">Goals and shots
</div>
</span></b>
Goals
1 2 3 T
0 1 0 1 Colorado Mammoths
1 0 2 3 Kelowna Knights

Shots
1 2 3 T
2 6 5 13 Colorado Mammoths
12 6 17 35 Kelowna Knights

<b><span style='color:orange'><div align="center">Team Stat
</div>
</span></b>
Colorado Mammoths - Hits : 9 - Faceoff Wins : 36 - Blocked Shots : 15 - Penalty Minutes : 10
Kelowna Knights - Hits : 16 - Faceoff Wins : 43 - Blocked Shots : 5 - Penalty Minutes : 2

<b><span style='color:yellow'><div align="center">Three Stars
</div>
</span></b>
1 - Mikael Talo (KEL) 1+1
2 - Fedor Shirobokov (KEL) 1+0
3 - Anatoly Yanovich (KEL) 1+0

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Game 6

ScarecrowsSt. Louis Scarecrows - 5
vs
raiders Halifax Raiders - 6

Code:
Goals
1 2 3 T
St. Louis Scarecrows 2 2 1 5
Halifax Raiders 1 1 4 6
Shots
1 2 3 T
St. Louis Scarecrows 10 18 12 40
Halifax Raiders 7 10 18 35 4

The Scarecrows and the Raiders are meeting for second consecutive night. The Scarecrows opened up the season with a convincing 7-2 victory where they exploded for 5 goals in the 3rd period.

St. Louis picked up where they left off with Sebastian Strange capitalizing on a great play by Vincenzo Matteo and putting the Scarecrows up 1-0 midway through the first period. The Raiders would respond just over 5 minutes later when Mike Ross scored his first goal of the season. Harry Hans scored less then a minute later to give the Scarecrows a 2-1 advantage after one.

[Image: 347c6532888c4cfe9b2d7738fd7f02a1-5d5829a...dc35-1.jpg]
Sebastian Strange winds up

The Scarecrows chased Raiders starting goaltender Dick Chocolate just over 4 minutes into the 2nd period. Strange scored his second goal of the game and Kevin Smith put in his first goal of the season to send the Raiders starter to the bench. Halifax was able to capitalize on a Jeremy Belfour high sticking penalty when rookie Jean-Luc Reflieux scored the first SMJHL goal of his career. Carter Fleury held off the Scarecrows attack for the rest of the period, but St. Louis was still on top 4-2 after two.

[Image: hatimage600.jpg]
Mike Ross has a lot of new hats

Mike Ross came out for the third period determined to bring the Raiders back into the game. Ross scored two goals just over a minute a part to tie the game at 4 just under 3 minutes into the period. The Scotiabank Centre ice was flooded with hats and the Raiders had seized momentum after climbing back from a 3 goal deficit. Victor Lindstrom scored his first career goal just over a minute late and all of the sudden the Raiders were out front. The Raiders would hold the lead until Montel Vontavious Porter took a cross-checking penalty late in the period and Adam Greenholm scored on the powerplay to bring the Scarecrows back even. Matteo took a late penalty which would end up costing the Scarecrows dearly. Returning star Carter Rosston scored his first goal since re-joining the Raiders and Fleury was able to hold off the late charge from the Scarecrows to complete the comeback.

[Image: PEARSON_672_DL_ROM_LAK.jpg]
Carter Rosston attacks the net before scoring the game winning goal

Code:
3 Stars

1 - Mike Ross (HAL)
2 - Sebastian Strange (STL)
3 - Carter Rosston (HAL)

link to game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1072023...HL/SMJHL-6.html

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

<div align="center">[Image: ap_coyotes_blackhawks_hockey_70697130.jp...600&crop=1]
Detroit's Sivy McSieve tries to scamper back to the other side of the net, but is too late for Wesley Wells' powerplay goal</div>

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of SMJHL Today, the show that takes a look at the more pressing issues in the world of minor league hockey! Tonight's recap looks at a crucial series in the Eastern Conference, Falcons @ Militia. Game 3 of the currently tied series means one team has the chance to take an advantage over what has become a bit of a predictor for the Eastern Conference Champion at the end of the regular season. While previous recaps have explained the series more in depth, we plan to take you inside this season's iteration of one of the oldest SMJHL rivalries possible.

S29 Beast in the East Series

Game 1 was the second contest of the season for both teams, and they had something to prove: for the Militia Montreal Militia Militia, it was their first test inside their conference and wanted to come out strong after winning the 4-Star Cup the season before. The Falcons Detroit Falcons Falcons, meanwhile, had been shut out by one of the expansion franchises early and was desperate for goals. This gave them fire to start the game with 3 1st period goals, something Montreal could not recover from. Eventually switching goalies didn't help much either, as Detroit cruised to their first conference win Goal 5-2 Goal.

Game 2 was Montreal's chance to take back momentum in the East. Detroit had 2 wins in conference while Montreal had only beaten Western teams, and the raiders Halifax Raiders raiders - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows series was knotted up at 1 a piece. Both teams come out blazing hot, looking to model Detroit's first win of the series, and ended up with a stunning 4-3 1st period in favor of the Falcons. Montreal would recover to send the game into overtime thanks to 2 powerplay goals, but when the extra period proved futile, the shootout was on! Each team lit up the goalies in the first round, got stoned the second round, and then the ever-crucial sudden death led with Rough CockBurn gloving a laser from Alex Berkis, and the same could not be said for Detroit as Cleo Green deked past Sivy and equalized the series at 1 all.

With all of that in mind, let's take in this match-up with our...

Highlight Reel

1. Montreal puts the first goal on the board

[Image: FfjGksC.gif?1]

This was the end result that got Montreal first on the board, a beautiful set-up by Clayton Fuller to Nolan Angello for the Goal tip-in Goal. Fuller had the puck at the point after some tic tac toe passing in Detroit's end, and made a rush for the goaltender, seeing that Detroit was out of position. Who could blame them? It was within the last 2 minutes of the 1st period, and Detroit had stopped all of Montreal's 9 shots before. Fuller got the best of defender Tobias Thorvaldsen, who was up close to the point, and gave Angello the nice pass for the easy go-ahead goal.

2. Viatcheslav Orlov keeps Detroit from scoring a quick retaliation goal

[Image: hjammer-block-600.jpg]

Usually, a blocked shot wouldn't be something really highlight-worthy, but Orlov's body use was crucial in relation to the end of the 1st. The Militia had just gone up 1-0, thanks to highlight reel numero uno, and the Falcons were not letting that stand. Rising Hippo, who you may remember from Game 1 as the guy that took out elite prospect Matt Lewis-Flood, wanted to get things going again and broke out with William Pendii and Maverick Mitchell off the immediate faceoff. Mitchell dishes to Hippo, and he shoots, but Orlov dives to block the shot close to the net to make for a better recovery save opportunity. Hippo swipes at the puck again, only for it to be gloved by Lewis-Flood. Hippo - 1, MLF - 1. This could have been a momentum changer for Detroit, which plays better at even strength against more defensive teams: it's usually seen that Eastern Conference teams keep up offensive pressure when ahead, and Detroit wanted to keep Montreal looking backwards.

3. Clayton Fuller lays the dagger in Detroit's heart

[Image: SerpentineUnfitBoilweevil.gif]

It's getting late. Montreal is up 2 with less than 10 minutes to go in the period. It's not unheard of for Detroit to score multiple goals in a few minutes, especially against Montreal: remember Game 1 had 3 goals in 10 minutes, while Game 2 had the same goals in as little as 4 minutes, but both were in the first period. This was going to be tough to overcome, and this goal just killed the wind in their sails. Montreal had just dumped and changed, and Detroit was looking to dump and chase, but they didn't catch their own dump-in. Fuller sent the puck up to get the play started, and it ends up on Jean Chretien's stick. He has only scored 3 times, and the most recent of those was on a breakout play, so he's looking to notch #4. Chretien slaps the puck and McSieve sees it from a mile away, so he casually throws a leg pad at it to give a rebound, but what he didn't see was Fuller driving to catch the rebound for the easy Goal put-back goal Goal. The Falcons get barely 4 shots on goal and none, count it, 0 shots on goal in the final 2:30, but that really has more to do with the frustration penalty taken. Still, Detroit was sunk at that point and couldn't recover.

After it was all said and done. Montreal took the game and the lead in the series. Since MLF was on his game, the Militia took the game with what we like to call...

A SAMOS SHUTOUT

Each time the Montreal Militia shut out an opponent on home ice, one lucky fan will receive a month's supply of free doughnuts and coffee. This game's winner is... <a href='index.php?showuser=2181' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>AwHellNaw24</a>! Come by your local Samos Donut shop to claim your prize!

We're almost done here, but before we go, a minute for the...

Unsung Hero of the Game - Jason Forbrook, Militia

Forbrook wasn't seen making the flashy plays today, but you have to give him credit where credit's due: Forbrook kept the pressure up with 4 hits that led to 3 turnovers, and his 1 blocked shot came at a time where Rising Hippo was, again, looking to score a retaliation goal in the 2nd, and with Forbrook's block on the second shot, the Falcons were dissipated and couldn't come through for another shot on that offensive drive. This, plus his +1 plus/minus makes him our Unsung Hero of the Game!

That will do it for SMJHL Today! Check out the rest of our shows and make sure to contribute as much as possible, we love hearing your comments! Good Night and Good Luck!

Goal FINAL SCORE
Falcons - 0
Militia - 3

[Image: 2wcqpp3.png] vs [Image: 9aoajl.png]

Host Talk!

It was a beautiful night in Prince George for a great night of hockey! I am your host Shay Kitoff so lets get right into this match up! Both teams are not so hot right now, maybe this game could be a "Shay Kitoff" game. Let's go to center ice!

1st Period:

Maximus Sarone wins it back to Prince Daniel James and hits it into the zone. Sarone with it now infront of the net and skates by Barak Obrana! Obrana hooks Sarone to the ground! Powerplay coming for Detroit early!

Berzins wins it over to Novastar off the dot! Shot by Novastar!!!!! WHAT A PLAY!!!!! RIGHT OFF THE HOP!!!!!

[Image: lines-faceoff-goal.gif]

SCOREEEESSSSS!!!!!! Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

What a play by Berzins and what a shot by Novastar early to bring the game closer to Detroooooittttttt!!!!! 1-0 FALCONS!!!!!!

Face off won by David Winter and over to Dean Banger of Prince George! Banger backs up and looks for ice! Banger tips it past Moleman right to WINTER!!!!

WHAT A PLAY BY WINTER BUT IT GOES WIDE!!!!! Winter in control now on the half wall. works it around as Detroit wants to keep this lead. Banger crashes the net!!!!! WINTER SLIDES IT!!!! WHAT A PASS!!!!!!

[Image: semin.gif]

SCOOORRRREEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

WHAT A GOAL BY BANGER FROM WINTER!!!! DYNAMIC DUO MAKES IT 1-1!!! THE EQUALIZER!!!!!

With under 10 to play the Falcons try to break the tie;

Firebirds break out of the zone, Oh no! Stonehands takes it from Winter! It's a 2 on 2 with Firebirds struggling to flock back to their net! Stonehands makes a move! FAKES!!!! PASS TO TOOHOOTS!!!!!! SHOT!!! GETS HIS OWN REBOUND!!!!!

[Image: MacArthurPassBetweenOwnLegsTurrisWild.gif]

SCOOOORRREEESSS!!!!!! Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

WHAT A GOAL BY THE FALCONS AND IT IS 2-1!!!!!!!!

Thats the first period!

Falcons - 2

Firebirds - 1

A great period by both teams. That Winter goal really motivated the Birds but I think the Falcons are going to run away with it. They have learned with the team they have to not give up leads and I don't think they will. We'll have to see in the second!

2nd Period:

Nothing much happened in the second! (had a gif for a beauty save)Just an amazing save. Winter was the one who got robbed and Winter is playing a tremendous game but I think he is going to have nightmares now. As we head to the third period! :lol:

[Image: save.gif]

That's the second period!

Falcons - 2

Firebirds - 1

Third Period!

At the middle mark of the third period! Falcons get a little bit of seperation:

Moleman weaves across the blue line after keeping it out, does a move past Obrana! SHOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

WHAT A GOAL!!!!!! Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

MOLEMAN with an incredible play! Gives some breathing room to Detroit!

Daniel James takes a bad one with under 3 to go! Firebirds looking to equalize it down by 2!

Firebirds works it around down low to Kottbule. Kottbule plays with it. Decides to shoot!

HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!!!! Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

FIREBIRDS LOOKING TO TIE IT AS THEY PULL THEIR GOALIE!!!!!!

*BUUUUUUUZZZZZZ*

And that is the game folks. Falcons run away with it 3-2.

Your stats for the night:

Goalie Stats

Michael McFadden (PGF), 27 saves from 30 shots - (0.900), L, 3-3-0, 59:00 minutes
Sivy McSieve (DET), 23 saves from 25 shots - (0.920), W, 3-3-1, 60:00 minutes
Players Stats for Prince George Firebirds

Player Name G A P +/- PIM S H SB GA TA FO MP PP MP PK MP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barak Obrana 0 0 0 -1 4 2 1 1 0 0 0/0 25:40 4:21 1:24
Bill Muckers 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 2:54 0:00 0:00
Casper Jakobsson 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 14/22 20:37 3:59 1:58
Dean Banger 1 0 1 1 0 3 1 0 0 0 0/1 20:44 5:28 0:00
Donald Trump 0 0 0 -2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0/0 13:42 0:00 0:00
Gabriel Belmont 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0/0 7:58 1:37 0:29
Hunky Monkey 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0/0 26:29 4:58 2:52
John Beckner 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 2 0 0 0/0 16:16 0:00 0:00
Jussi Ruutu 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 1:32 0:00 0:00
Karl Hertzberg 0 0 0 0 0 5 1 1 0 0 2/3 19:47 6:01 0:00
Kip Kippery 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0:00 0:00 0:00
Leo Yakimov 0 0 0 -2 0 5 1 1 0 0 10/19 20:51 4:47 1:58
Matthew Davis 0 0 0 -2 0 0 1 0 0 0 3/4 13:23 0:41 0:00
Matvej Oslov 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1/2 9:00 1:47 0:21
Nicolas Winter 0 2 2 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 16/27 23:36 3:51 3:11
Ser Duncan 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0/0 23:11 3:25 1:51
Stinkywink Dupoopoo 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1/3 21:17 3:59 2:52
Tapper Kottbulle 1 0 1 1 0 2 0 2 0 0 0/0 23:56 5:06 2:24
Troy Lizben 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0/0 2:24 0:00 0:00
Vince Doplin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 1:50 0:00 0:00
Players Stats for Detroit Falcons

Player Name G A P +/- PIM S H SB GA TA FO MP PP MP PK MP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex Berkis 0 1 1 1 0 1 2 0 0 0 0/2 22:22 2:43 4:48
Alexander Odegaard 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0/2 16:09 0:00 0:00
Ben Klinkhammer 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/1 0:39 0:00 0:39
Clive Stonehands 0 1 1 1 0 4 2 0 0 0 0/0 14:10 0:00 0:00
Edvins Berzins 0 1 1 -1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0/0 21:37 2:07 3:55
Hans Moleman 1 0 1 1 0 4 1 0 0 0 1/1 22:46 2:43 5:12
Justin Novastar 1 0 1 -1 0 3 2 2 0 0 0/0 20:56 1:55 3:38
Kalid Dermot 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0/0 14:10 0:00 0:00
Maverick Mitchell 0 0 0 1 0 2 4 1 0 0 0/0 17:19 0:12 2:54
Maximus Sarone 0 1 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 15/29 22:22 2:43 4:48
Nucky Toohoots 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 4/13 15:44 2:07 0:00
Prince Daniel James 0 0 0 1 4 1 0 2 0 0 0/0 22:34 2:43 4:39
Rising Hippo 0 0 0 -1 4 6 2 0 0 0 1/2 18:14 2:07 0:00
Tobias Thorvaldsen 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 1 0 0 0/0 22:02 2:43 3:58
Wiljian Zjang 0 0 0 -1 0 1 1 0 0 0 13/31 22:24 2:07 4:08
William Pendii 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 1 0 0 0/0 15:08 0:00 0:34
ZzJack's Robot Gualterio 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0:58 0:00 0:25
ZzJack's Robot Katia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0 0:22 0:00 0:22

Your three stars of the night go to!:

1 - Nucky Toohoots (DET)
2 - Dean Banger (PGF)
3 - Hans Moleman (DET)

All played beautiful! Night folks! Towel

Quote:Originally posted by InsertNameHere@Jun 5 2016, 11:43 AM
*THIS WAS RUSHED AND MY FUCKING GIFS WOULDN'T WORK!!!!!*

[Image: 2wcqpp3.png] vs [Image: 9aoajl.png]

Host Talk!

It was a beautiful night in Prince George for a great night of hockey! I am your host Shay Kitoff so lets get right into this match up! Both teams are not so hot right now, maybe this game could be a "Shay Kitoff" game. Let's go to center ice!

1st Period:

Maximus Sarone wins it back to Prince Daniel James and hits it into the zone. Sarone with it now infront of  the net and skates by Barak Obrana! Obrana hooks Sarone to the ground! Powerplay coming for Detroit early!

Berzins wins it over to Novastar off the dot! Shot by Novastar!!!!! WHAT A PLAY!!!!!

SCOREEEESSSSS!!!!!!  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal

What a play by Berzins and what a shot by Novastar early to bring the game closer to Detroooooittttttt!!!!! 1-0 FALCONS!!!!!!

Face off won by David Winter and over to Dean Banger of Prince George! Banger backs up and looks for ice! Banger tips it past Moleman right to WINTER!!!!

WHAT A PLAY BY WINTER BUT IT GOES WIDE!!!!! Winter in control now on the half wall. works it around as Detroit wants to keep this lead. Banger crashes the net!!!!! WINTER SLIDES IT!!!! WHAT A PASS!!!!!!

SCOOORRRREEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal

WHAT A GOAL BY BANGER FROM WINTER!!!! DYNAMIC DUO MAKES IT 1-1!!! THE EQUALIZER!!!!!

With under 10 to play the Falcons try to break the tie;

Firebirds break out of the zone, Oh no! Stonehands takes it from Winter! It's a 2 on 2 with Firebirds struggling to flock back to their net! Stonehands makes a move! FAKES!!!! PASS TO TOOHOOTS!!!!!!

SCOOOORRREEESSS!!!!!!  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal

WHAT A GOAL BY THE FALCONS AND IT IS 2-1!!!!!!!!

Thats the first period!

Falcons - 2

Firebirds - 1

A great period by both teams. That Winter goal really motivated the Birds but I think the Falcons are going to run away with it. They have learned with the team they have to not give up leads and I don't think they will. We'll have to see in the second!

2nd Period:

Nothing much happened in the second! (had a gif for a beauty save)Just an amazing save. Winter was the one who got robbed and Winter is playing a tremendous game but I think he is going to have nightmares now. As we head to the third period!  :lol:

That's the second period!

Falcons - 2

Firebirds - 1

Third Period!

At the middle mark of the third period! Falcons get a little bit of seperation:

Moleman weaves across the blue line after keeping it out, does a move past Obrana! SHOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

WHAT A GOAL!!!!!! Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal

MOLEMAN with an incredible play! Gives some breathing room to Detroit!

Daniel James takes a bad one with under 3 to go! Firebirds looking to equalize it down by 2!

Firebirds works it around down low to Kottbule. Kottbule plays with it. Decides to shoot!

HE SHOOTS AND SCORES!!!! Goal &nbsp; Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal  Goal

FIREBIRDS LOOKING TO TIE IT AS THEY PULL THEIR GOALIE!!!!!!

*BUUUUUUUZZZZZZ*

And that is the game folks. Falcons run away with it 3-2.

Your stats for the night:

Goalie Stats

Michael McFadden (PGF), 27 saves from 30 shots - (0.900), L, 3-3-0, 59:00 minutes
Sivy McSieve (DET), 23 saves from 25 shots - (0.920), W, 3-3-1, 60:00 minutes
Players Stats for Prince George Firebirds

Player Name              G  A  P  +/- PIM S  H  SB GA TA FO   &nbsp; MP   &nbsp; PP MP  PK MP 
Barak Obrana           &nbsp; 0  0  0  -1  4 &nbsp; 2  1  1  0  0  0/0    25:40 &nbsp; 4:21 &nbsp; 1:24
Bill Muckers           &nbsp; 0  0  0  -1  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 2:54 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Casper Jakobsson       &nbsp; 0  1  1 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 1  0  0  0  0  14/22  20:37 &nbsp; 3:59 &nbsp; 1:58
Dean Banger              1  0  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 3  1  0  0  0  0/1    20:44 &nbsp; 5:28 &nbsp; 0:00
Donald Trump           &nbsp; 0  0  0  -2  0 &nbsp; 1  0  0  0  0  0/0    13:42 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Gabriel Belmont          0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 1  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 7:58 &nbsp; 1:37 &nbsp; 0:29
Hunky Monkey           &nbsp; 0  0  0  -1  0 &nbsp; 1  0  1  0  0  0/0    26:29 &nbsp; 4:58 &nbsp; 2:52
John Beckner           &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  2 &nbsp; 1  2  2  0  0  0/0    16:16 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Jussi Ruutu              0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 1:32 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Karl Hertzberg         &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 5  1  1  0  0  2/3    19:47 &nbsp; 6:01 &nbsp; 0:00
Kip Kippery              0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Leo Yakimov              0  0  0  -2  0 &nbsp; 5  1  1  0  0  10/19  20:51 &nbsp; 4:47 &nbsp; 1:58
Matthew Davis            0  0  0  -2  0 &nbsp; 0  1  0  0  0  3/4    13:23 &nbsp; 0:41 &nbsp; 0:00
Matvej Oslov           &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  1  0  0  1/2   &nbsp; 9:00 &nbsp; 1:47 &nbsp; 0:21
Nicolas Winter         &nbsp; 0  2  2 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 2  1  0  0  0  16/27  23:36 &nbsp; 3:51 &nbsp; 3:11
Ser Duncan             &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 0  0  1  0  0  0/0    23:11 &nbsp; 3:25 &nbsp; 1:51
Stinkywink Dupoopoo      0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  1/3    21:17 &nbsp; 3:59 &nbsp; 2:52
Tapper Kottbulle       &nbsp; 1  0  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 2  0  2  0  0  0/0    23:56 &nbsp; 5:06 &nbsp; 2:24
Troy Lizben              0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 1  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 2:24 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Vince Doplin           &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 1:50 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Players Stats for Detroit Falcons

Player Name              G  A  P  +/- PIM S  H  SB GA TA FO   &nbsp; MP   &nbsp; PP MP  PK MP 
Alex Berkis              0  1  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 1  2  0  0  0  0/2    22:22 &nbsp; 2:43 &nbsp; 4:48
Alexander Odegaard     &nbsp; 0  0  0  -1  0 &nbsp; 1  0  0  0  0  0/2    16:09 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Ben Klinkhammer          0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/1   &nbsp; 0:39 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:39
Clive Stonehands       &nbsp; 0  1  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 4  2  0  0  0  0/0    14:10 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Edvins Berzins         &nbsp; 0  1  1  -1  0 &nbsp; 2  1  0  0  0  0/0    21:37 &nbsp; 2:07 &nbsp; 3:55
Hans Moleman           &nbsp; 1  0  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 4  1  0  0  0  1/1    22:46 &nbsp; 2:43 &nbsp; 5:12
Justin Novastar          1  0  1  -1  0 &nbsp; 3  2  2  0  0  0/0    20:56 &nbsp; 1:55 &nbsp; 3:38
Kalid Dermot           &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 2  0  0  0  0  0/0    14:10 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:00
Maverick Mitchell        0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 2  4  1  0  0  0/0    17:19 &nbsp; 0:12 &nbsp; 2:54
Maximus Sarone         &nbsp; 0  1  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 2  0  0  0  0  15/29  22:22 &nbsp; 2:43 &nbsp; 4:48
Nucky Toohoots         &nbsp; 1  0  1 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 1  1  0  0  0  4/13 &nbsp; 15:44 &nbsp; 2:07 &nbsp; 0:00
Prince Daniel James      0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  4 &nbsp; 1  0  2  0  0  0/0    22:34 &nbsp; 2:43 &nbsp; 4:39
Rising Hippo           &nbsp; 0  0  0  -1  4 &nbsp; 6  2  0  0  0  1/2    18:14 &nbsp; 2:07 &nbsp; 0:00
Tobias Thorvaldsen     &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  2 &nbsp; 0  1  1  0  0  0/0    22:02 &nbsp; 2:43 &nbsp; 3:58
Wiljian Zjang            0  0  0  -1  0 &nbsp; 1  1  0  0  0  13/31  22:24 &nbsp; 2:07 &nbsp; 4:08
William Pendii         &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 1  0 &nbsp; 0  3  1  0  0  0/0    15:08 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:34
ZzJack's Robot Gualterio 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 0:58 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:25
ZzJack's Robot Katia   &nbsp; 0  0  0 &nbsp; 0  0 &nbsp; 0  0  0  0  0  0/0   &nbsp; 0:22 &nbsp; 0:00 &nbsp; 0:22

Your three stars of the night go to!:

1 - Nucky Toohoots (DET)
2 - Dean Banger (PGF)
3 - Hans Moleman (DET)

All played beautiful! Night folks!  Towel

Imma let you take another swing at this when you've got time.

PEOPLE, THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT ON THESE. JUST GET IT DONE BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON.

Are you seriously insinuating that his PGS is not good enough?

These post game shows Rolleyes

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Toonces@Jun 5 2016, 12:35 PM
Are you seriously insinuating that his PGS is not good enough?

These post game shows&nbsp; Rolleyes

That's not what I said. I was letting him take another chance at something he admitted was rushed. I haven't put a grade on it because of that.

And as an aside, there's a reason the process got revamped: to make more quality stuff. So yeah, excuse me if I hold these to a high quality and hope others do as well. I don't want it to be a thread of rushed stuff that doesn't live up to the expectations of a revamped process's promise. It looks like he did take time to research gifs and other things to put into the PGS, and I want to give him that opportunity before signing off on a 2 TPE PGS because of pasted on stats anyone that clicks on the link can find in 5 seconds. These are meant to push you to learn about the sim a little and find things that take more than a glance and make it interesting, and I think the stuff produced so far has done that. I also think his PGS has the potential for that.