Create Account

HOLY FUCK WE GOT MATT DUCHENE

Quote:Originally posted by CFJ@Nov 5 2017, 09:52 PM

Hmm I honestly don't know dude, since I've only seen Nashville play once this season. But they have a nice team no doubt, but I do think 2nd round exit for some reason. And you forgot Forsberg, Fiala on that list but I think there injured, no?
Forsberg plays wing and so does Fiala

Quote:Originally posted by CFJ@Nov 5 2017, 08:52 PM

Hmm I honestly don't know dude, since I've only seen Nashville play once this season. But they have a nice team no doubt, but I do think 2nd round exit for some reason. And you forgot Forsberg, Fiala on that list but I think there injured, no?
I think he was just listing the centers there, I think Nashville looks crazy scary though when all healthy.

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Smith
Hartnell - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Gaudreau - Sissons - Watson

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Subban
Emelin - Weber

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Nov 5 2017, 07:57 PM

I think he was just listing the centers there, I think Nashville looks crazy scary though when all healthy.

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Smith
Hartnell - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Gaudreau - Sissons - Watson

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Subban
Emelin - Weber

Ya i was. A lot of speed and skill. Idk it depends on what rinne shows up during the post-season.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Nov 5 2017, 09:02 PM

Ya i was. A lot of speed and skill. Idk it depends on what rinne shows up during the post-season.
That's the only wild card, if Rinne can be solid in net during the playoffs I don't see any reason why Nashville can't make it to the 3rd round minimum.

Hartnell on line 1 last two games and they look much better. Defense still shaky right now.

It really is a huge overpayment for Ottawa but it is one we could afford realistically.

Bowers doesnt fit into our future given the number of young kids we have right now that have been very promissing.

Hammond is just a cap/salary dump,

The 3rd is a gamble

The 1st is where I have a really hard time. Seems like a bit much on top of losing bowers, turris and the 3rd already. Like its been said, we'll only see how those picks turn out several seasons down the road but I cant help but feel like its a lot.

Now the positives for us...

We kept All our NHL ready D

We kept all our big name prospects: Chabot, Brown, White

We kept all our prospects that managemnet really like and have performed super well so far: Chlapik, Bathersson, Formenton, Jaros, Englund, Perron...

We got duchene. No, he isnt a big upgrade over turris and he probably wont even be as good as turris has been the last 2 years until much later into the season when he gets used to our system and his new linemates. The key to all of this for me is going to be wether we extend him or not and if so for how much.

For now though, I'm a cautiously optimistic albeit pretty bummed out sens fan. Turris was pretty fucking great.

Pekka Rinne is too good right now

Quote:Originally posted by Clint Eastwood@Nov 5 2017, 09:26 PM
Pekka Rinne is too good right now

Rinne's real inconsistent these days, has a stretch of really good games followed by really bad ones.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Nov 5 2017, 09:03 PM

That's the only wild card, if Rinne can be solid in net during the playoffs I don't see any reason why Nashville can't make it to the 3rd round minimum.

Yeah Rinne isn't Rinne from like 2012, 2013 he's real inconsistent and a lot of flopping around in his crease, though Quick does that but he gracefully does it in a weird way.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

because of the hometown thingy .... you really think he is care about?

I have only one thing in my head of the last shorter time .... Dwayne Wade is an Chicago homie was in Chicago and resigned ... then buy out and signed with Cleveland :lol:

so maybe Duchene will go to an other east team in Canada?

Hmm

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Ottawa is a better team now. Nashville is a better team. Colorado got the rebuild tools they wanted.

Considering Ottawa was likely to lose Turris to FA anyways... i like the deal for everyone involved.

[Image: livius.gif]

After getting over the lack of a big name centerpiece I've come around on this trade from COL's perspective. I still would've preferred a little bit of consolidation but as far as a package of 1b prospects and picks goes this is damn nice.

I liked Bowers in his draft year but he's not the type of guy who likely has huge upside. Cohort analysis suggests he's a longshot to play meaningful NHL minutes but if his offense comes around you never know.

Hammond was a cap dump. Nothing to see here.

Girard intrigues me. I wish CHL players could play in the AHL earlier because he looks like a guy who's pretty much gotten everything out of juniors that he can. He'll be making the trip to Sweden with Colorado so hopefully he sticks with the NHL team and it's a moot point. I kind of lost him in the shuffle this season with all the scratches but the more I dig the more I like. Example and example.

Kamenev is a great fit: fast wing that's a good skater, exactly what we need more of. Avs have had their eye on him for awhile so unsurprising that he got included (RIP Tolvanen dreams).

The picks were sorely needed. Got 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next two drafts which are shaping up to be pretty deep and will go a long way to help restock our depleted pipeline. I know it hurts Ottawa fans to give up their 2018 1st but the deal falls apart without it since that was a point of emphasis for Sakic.

I also like this trade from Ottawa's perspective. As mentioned, the 1st hurts to give up but they got a younger top line forward with an extra year of control and a decent shot at re-signing without touching their top tier prospects.

As for losing Turris, over the last 2 seasons (plus a month of this season) at 5v5:
Duchene has scored 35 goals to Turris's 27
Duchene has 58 primary points to Turris's 45
Duchene has 1.9 points per 60 to Turris's 1.5
Duchene has 1.68 relCF% to Turris's 1.07
Duchene has 3.31 relGF% to Turris's -6.25
Duchene has 2.79 relxGF% to Turris's -2.14
Duchene has a 46 Penalty +/- to Turris's 11

All while playing on significantly worse teams (which of course is already accounted for in the rel stats) and having more D-Zone starts. He's a downgrade defensively for sure (though their suppression numbers are similar, interestingly) but the offensive upgrade is certainly worth a 1st, a 3rd, and Bowers in my mind. Put him on a line where he can be the F1 with a winger who can play F3 and you'll like what you see. I don't like speculating on psychology and such since most of the time it's post hoc bullshit but if this has any merit it's an even bigger win for OTT. Here and here are pretty good overviews of the two.

I'm not wild about this from Nashville's perspective but this is the kind of thing you can afford to do to fill a need during a contention window when you have such a stacked blue line. Short term move that they may regret in the long run but if they win a Cup it'll all be worth it. Not sure how Preds fans rate Fabbro vs Girard but it seems to me like the consensus is Fabbro > Girard so if that's true then they held on to their best F prospect, D prospect, and G prospect in making this deal. Not bad.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I'd love the deal if I was a Colorado fan, 3 prospects all with definite NHL upside (and I'm a huge Girard believer, kid is special IMO) and picks in rounds 1-3. All pieces with very significant value and it's all currency if the Avalanche wanna go out and make more moves. That's how you kick off a rebuild, I've given Sakic a lot of shit in the past but he did very well here.

Sens win this short term but avs win this long term. Sens are fucked in 2019.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Id also like to point out to those saying we are fucked that we still havent burried MacArthurs 4.25M and just offloaded hammond. After the trade we have have at least 6.5M for raises in 2019 once clarky is dealt (LTIR or retires) with. We arent in as bad of a situation as some are making it seem. It isn't ideal but it really isn't thaaat bad.