Create Account

Ex SHL Player Reveals S46 Award Votes

A quick note about turnovers:

Passing-first builds usually have high-ish turnover numbers because they attempt more passes and intercepted passes count as turnovers
But for example, Scoop had a 1.28 stl/to ratio despite his passing being 25 points higher than scoring (85/60), so that's pretty impressive.
Same thing with Kosonen.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

04-14-2019, 08:09 PMaaronwilson Wrote: A quick note about turnovers:

Passing-first builds usually have high-ish turnover numbers because they attempt more passes and intercepted passes count as turnovers
But for example, Scoop had a 1.28 stl/to ratio despite his passing being 25 points higher than scoring (85/60), so that's pretty impressive.
Same thing with Kosonen.

Ok thank you, this is good to know for the future.

Also thanks for your work on the advanced stats, they were really good resources to help us make the nominations process more meaningful and I hope you win the most dedicated award in the SMJHL awards this season.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I understand your argument with not wanting to nominate multiple players from the same team for several awards, and also agree that the Jesster is a bit different. I would argue since Fantobens saw PP time and Mayfield didn't, and they put up the same points, that Mayfield was slightly more effective in her position, as well as being a winger playing as a center for the season. Either way, both Mayfield and Fantobens deserved a nomination and I was surprised to see that this wasn't a case of giving them both a nod they deserved in the end.

Also thanks for the love

04-14-2019, 08:24 PMInf1d3l Wrote: I understand your argument with not wanting to nominate multiple players from the same team for several awards, and also agree that the Jesster is a bit different. I would argue since Fantobens saw PP time and Mayfield didn't, and they put up the same points, that Mayfield was slightly more effective in her position, as well as being a winger playing as a center for the season. Either way, both Mayfield and Fantobens deserved a nomination and I was surprised to see that this wasn't a case of giving them both a nod they deserved in the end.

Also thanks for the love

We actually discussed if we wanted to allow more than 3 nominations for an award in certain cases (in general before voting, not specifically to the Jesster) and decided as a group not to go with more than 3 which is why only one of them ended up making it. In the end imo it was always gonna be between you and Robinson though.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Media team, pay this man. Great article.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

04-14-2019, 08:11 PMBDonini Wrote:
04-14-2019, 08:09 PMaaronwilson Wrote: A quick note about turnovers:

Same thing with Kosonen.

Ok thank you, this is good to know for the future.

Also thanks for your work on the advanced stats, they were really good resources to help us make the nominations process more meaningful and I hope you win the most dedicated award in the SMJHL awards this season.

Glad it was helpful, thanks  Cheers

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

I’m honestly honored for the shout-out in the Ron Mexico, thank you greatly

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 09:49 PM by CptSquall.)

Thank you so much for this article as I was quite curious as to what the metrics were for the Bojo award.
I am honoured to have been considered as well though I felt my shot blocks were too low.
Should note that, like earlier mentioned, Physt's passing to shooting ratio had a difference of 14 (88-74) making his Takeaways to Giveaways much more impressive imo.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Incredible take on the nominees. Need more stuff like this!

Doubt is a dream killer