Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

Code:
Written Task: Yeah the prompt 2s this season were boring as fuck, but that's how it goes when you try to be vanilla for everyone. But lets use our imagination here. If you are in the SHL playoffs/SMJHL playoffs, you want to win it all probably. So, do just that. Describe a playoff tree that has you winning all rounds en route to the cup. What opponents did you beat along the way? In how many games? Who was MVP and how did you do? If you aren't on a playoff team right now.... fuck it. Just put your team in for another team. Who cares? (150+words)

Luckily for me my team the Kelowna Knights got an automatic playoff berth this season as were in a division with only 3 teams so get to go the playoffs! 

If I were to choose a playoff tree that would ensure us capturing the Four-Star Cup at the end, out 1st round opponent would have to be our actual 1st round opponent this season and that would be the St. Louis  Scarecrows They struggled this past season finishing 2nd last overall in the league and should be an easy matchup for us.

Once we defeat St. Louis, I hope that we get to face the Colorado Raptors because last season they swept us in the 2nd round so it would be sweet justice if we can exact revenge and eliminate them from the playoffs this time around. 

Next up I would love to face the Vancouver Whalers because their Co-Gm Sven Svechnikov always likes to bully and tease me in the EDM LR, so I would love to be able to stick it to him and eliminate his precious Whalers.

In the final I would want to face the Newfoundland  Berserkers because my fellow S62 classmates Rashford,Sburbine and Redderder15 all love to tease me so wouldn't mind defeating them to win the championship. 

(214 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Well Nevada is off to a good start winning Game 1 against the Great Falls Grizzlies. But there's work to finish now. Great Falls finished the season 1 point ahead of us so this is the closest matched Round 1 pairing. It will likely go deep, but I think Nevada can pull through behind superstar goalie Willie @Sebster Miller. Now depending how other Round 1 match-ups go, Nevada is likely to face Vancouver or Anchorage in Round 2. Not the easiest opponents. We will say we play Vancouver because who doesn't love the Regular Season champions choking in their 1st playoff round. Nevada comes in on fire having already battled Great Falls and Vancouver must've spent the week at the beach and are caught flat footed. Nevada wins the series 4-0. Next would be Anchorage and then a final against Maine (who has an incredible run themselves from Round 1). In the Nevada beats Maine in the most thrilling 7 game series the SMJHL has ever seen.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Dragons were doing decent in the beginning of regular season, then amazing in the middle of season and now again decent when Play-Offs are here. Our first opponent is Seattle Argonauts and I'm sure that we will win. However, I don't think it will be easy - it might be a 6 or even a 7 game series. Luckily, we can get it done in 4 or 5 aswell, because we are favourites. Then it's us versus Los Angeles Panthers and it's not looking good and not looking bad for us. We are underdogs in that series, but we can win it for sure. We can surprise this league and I think we will. Semi-Finals would be versus Chicago Syndicate and I will be a realist and not an optimist. I think we will lose it, but in a 6 or a 7 game series. Syndicate is just incredible this season and I think that this is the only team that we have to fear of. This team might win it all in 16-0 run if they want to. However, I think that Play-Offs will be interesting. I don't think we can get a Play-Off tree that would get us winning all rounds while there are Chicago Syndicate in it. It's an honest opinion. I hope we will surprise and win it all, but I'm not believing it fully. I believe that we can get it done next season when all of our team is at their best condition. Our MVP was an entire team and we don't have a specific leader. We are a synonym for word ''team''!

268 words

Stars Stars Stars

Oh Where to begin? First things first, for the Carolina Kraken to see playoff success, The Colorado Raptors need to defeat the Quebec City Citadelles in seven games. Make it a long, rough series to wear them out. This has the effect of giving Carolina a somewhat tired opponent, as well as not having to face Quebec City in the second round. As every media pieces I have put out in the last three months goes into great detail regarding, the Quebec City Citadelles, for whatever reason, absolutely have our number in the postseason. No matte how well we do against them all season, when it comes to the playoffs, especially round two, they take us to the cleaners, three years in a row. This will not stand, man. For Carolina to break out, Quebec has to be eliminated. IF we can get a different opponent in the 2nd round, I see us going all the way. We take out Colorado in 5 games, then it's smooth sailing from there. We beat Vancouver in the Conference Finals in 6 games, before winning an emotional and exciting 7 game series against Anchorage to bring the cup to Carolina.

[Image: banes.png]

PBE Affiliate - User Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Prompt 2:

Man oh man these playoffs were unreal and we the Atlanta Inferno of the Simulation Hockey League who play out of the Atlantic Division in the Eastern Conference have gone all the way and we won the cup. That's right we won the challenge cup. First up were the Baltimore Platoon and we just steamrolled them four games to zero and moved on to the second round. We railed them hard and got to play against the Tampa Bay Barracuda in the next round. They were a piece of cake too and we easily won four games to zero because we're just that sick at hockey and are an absolutely nasty team. The conference finals saw us take down the Buffalo Stampede in four games to zero yet again because we simply are built different and cannot lose. In the finals we were up against the Chicago Syndicate and we beat them four games to one because we wanted to win the cup at home so we let them win a game in Chicago so we could accept the Challenge Cup on home ice in Atlanta. The MVP in the playoffs was myself Pablo Salvatici because this is my world and my fantasy and anything I want to happen can happen baby.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

As the team starts the playoff, the puck hits the ice and two players, one from my team, and one from the other team, start going for it. It's the final game of the final game. This is it, it's for all the marbles. My team's player gets the puck and passes it to someone, but it's intercepted by the enemy team. Melvin looks at sees red as the puck is no longer surrounded by friends, but instead is surrounded by enemies. The anger he has tried so hard to keep inside has found its way to the surface, and he charges after the player, throwing them into the wall. While Melvin didn't even try to find a way to get the puck himself, he was pleased as his antlers pinned the player against the wall. The few pointy pieces on his antlers made a few holes in the player's shirt, and as Melvin left to go and protect his goalie and protect the puck from the enemy team, he growled and bared his teeth. Even though he is an herbivore, Melvin would still do anything to win this game. After all, winning is what led to cake, and without cake there would be murder. Well, historically that would be true. Not this time, though. Melvin tried to keep his head on straight during the rest of the game, but the terrifying moose was too much for the other team to handle. His mere presence caused them to win, and Melvin enjoyed his red velvet cake as a prize.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt 2:

In the first round, the Anaheim Outlaws played the Maine Timber. It was a tough battle to get going. We were down after the first game, where we got absolutely slapped. However, our team managed to pull it together and win by a slim 2-1 margin. The next three games were also back and forth. Next thing we knew, we were down 3 games to 2. It took us a little while in the 6th game to get going, but Creller and the squad really turned it on. We managed to win the next 2 games by a combined score of 5-2. The next series was against Kelowna. I'm surprised they were even able to play given the fact their province was nearly wiped out by landslides. Nevertheless, we played them as hard as we could. Our first game was a solid 3-2 win. The next two games were big losses of 7-0 and 5-2. However, we managed to win the next 3 games by scores of 2-1, 4-2, and 5-3 to pick up a second series win. Finally, we played Colorado in the finals. They won the first three games, but then we reverse sweeped them. Led by Creller and McHits, Anaheim won the Four Star Cup.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 07:07 PM by Talls.)

Prompt 1:
We did it.  We made it to the finals and we are ready for more.  Those superstars are toast.  Or, that is what we told ourselves.  In reality, they are the real deal.  The big kahunas.  We were not ready.  When the game started, the two centermen dropped the gloves and started exchanging blows.  A full brawl broke out.  The climax occurred when goaltender Senji Seteki rushed across the ice and closed line the super stars goalie.  It was a real blood bath.  All in all, the game was cancelled and no one won the tournament.  But, there were 15 assault charges filed.  Turns out, it is frowned upon to use the net as a weapon.  This goes to show that you need to expect the unexpected.  And when the referees says stop, you stop, and not knock them out with a crushing body blow.  It may not of ended how people thought, but it was definitely memorable and will be talked about for decades to come.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

Nevada's road to the cup in this playoffs was super easy. Not even a competition to be honest. Easy four wins, zero losses series across the board. Easiest four wins of your life to be honest. First up were the grizzlies who were clearly out of the depth. They may be grizzlies, but we have a moose and even the bears in the frozen tundra know not to mess with the Moose. Then we ended up against some other team. The squids or the octopus or something. I'm sure to some people a giant octopus would be scary, but have you ever met a moose? They're downright terrifying and an octopus would stand no chance. Then in the finals we went up against the Vancouver Whalers who claim to be Whalers but their mascot is actually a whale. One of the only known natural predators of the moose is a killer whale and even then its only when the moose has gone into the killer whale's territory. Nevada's moose is too smart for that so joke is on them. Easy cup victory.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

There isn't really a playoff bracket that the Anaheim Outlaws come out on top of. In my opinion Maine Timber are a manageable team to beat. They are good, and we don't have the depth which is our biggest issue but if RNG goes on our side then we have a change at winning 4 of the next 5 games. It's a reach, but I think it's doable. Next we'd likely be against VAN, which I've simmed games against and won, so we definitely need sim luck on our side like MET is getting vs us. If I had to pick an opponent we could beat though, I'd choose Colorado as our round 2 opponent. It would be a 6 or 7 games series most likely, but its doable. 3rd Round would have to be Carolina. Thats a tough series and if we did win it would be 7 games. Thats a rough go.

In the finals, let's say we get Anchorage or Vancouver. Because one of them will be in the finals. Sim luck would need to be on Anaheims side for that or there is no chance. Their 4th line is better than our 1st

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

The Edmonton Blizzard's miraculous run to a Challenge Cup Trophy starts by going through the Chicago Syndicate. This team destroyed the competition throughout the season. It would start with the Edmonton Blizzard calling up prospect Duncan the Walrus. Duncan The Walrus's main goal in game one is to take out star Syndicate forward Ryuuji Minamino. He was successful. The Edmonton Blizzard would fight hard and win the series in seven games. The second round series would be against the powerhouse Texas Renegades. Once again Duncan The Walrus would be called up for game one of the series. His instructions were to take out Edward Williams the star center on the Texas Renegades. He was successful again and this allowed the Edmonton Blizzard to once again win another series in seven games. In the Western Conference finals thee Edmonton Blizzard faced the Calgary Dragons. The Blizzard did not have to call up Walrus because the Dragons are old and they ran out of gas because half their team is on route to retirement. The Challenge Cup final would be the Edmonton Blizzard vs the Buffalo Stampede. Duncan the Walrus was called up for three games and instructed to take out a player each game and was successful. The Blizzard managed to win in game six this time.

Code:
200 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Prompt 2

Anchorage Armada. Boats.

The waters were treacherous during this time of the season. You had to be at the top of your game if you want to navigate them safely. Thankfully the Armada and her crew came prepared and set sail early. This gave them a great advantage and allowed them to bypass the first storm of the season. Others weren't so lucky to escape. Of the 14 teams who started the trip, only 12 made it across the open seas.

The first storm hits. The 4 water-faring groups; Armada, Kraken, Berserkers, and Whalers were the most prepared as they managed to bypass the storm completely. 8 others weren't so lucky as they battle for their lives to survive and battle they did. Their reward? A much bigger and dangerous storm on the horizon.

As the second storm hits, only 8 teams are now remaining of the 14 that started the journey. The Armada, with ample time, were prepared for what was approaching and put all their effort into getting through this as quickly as possible. It was big and windy but nothing the boats haven't been in before. As quickly as it came, it is now gone and all that's left is a bunch of timber debris. The boats sail away with the victory.

By the time the third storm hits, the 4 teams still afloat are all prepared. The biggest and most difficult one yet, but the Armada crew is on full alert. The storm is absolutely berserkers. The boats take several hits and look to be taking damage but there is no quit to this Armada as they unload all of their canons. Eventually the dust settles and all that is left is the Armada and their final storm off the port side.

This is it. The last storm. If the boats can survive this, they will go down in history but they must defeat their rivals. Neither team gives in and both have times where it looks like they are going to be the last to survive. It is a whale of a battle but ultimately the boats take the win and remain as the only team to make it from the beginning to the end in one piece.

It is done. The boats float.

[ 386 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

prompt two

i'll title this the mitchell van der heijden revenge tour where i win playoff mvp and score every goal for hamilton as they win yet another challenge cup (which i'm sure every simulation hockey league fan will enjoy because everybody loves the steelhawks). in the first round we beat buffalo 4-0 and i score a hat trick in every game (sorry rags but i'm going on a power trip fantasy), which will totally be a fun experience. then we play new england in the second round, and we sweep them and score five goals in every game because i am a man on fire and i cannot be stopped by anybody. we stop the bappening in the conference finals, again with a sweep, because hamilton is the best team in the east 100%. finally, we play the specters in the final, and i score the game winning goal in game 4 in overtime as we win 3-2 (in new orleans no less). please sim league gods let this happen

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 11:47 AM by leviadan.)

Prompt 1:

Our whole team is nervous going up against the Hall of Famers because... well because we remember what happened last time. It's like playing against the Monstars minus the body horror. The only difference is that this time we know what to expect, and we know that if we play perfectly we can hang with them. While this simulation in a simulation seems to have given them some of their youth back, they still have a stamina curve similar to the Grizzled Vets. So if we can weather the first two periods, the third is really our chance.

That was the plan of course, but somehow we still weren't ready. They put one past us on the second shift of the game, and we were down 1-0 in under two minutes. That goal was the kick in the ass we needed though, and we stayed with them for the rest of the first.

The second was an absolute war of a period, with nobody giving an inch. During one of our penalty kills, an unfortunate broken stick when O'Shea tried to clear our zone put us in awkward positioning. They capitalized again, and we were down 2-0 half way through the second. The sound of Jobin cracking his stick off the post was what we needed to really start our offensive push, and from there to the end of the period that's what we did. We had them in their zone for huge stretches, culminating in Duncan smashing one home in front as I was just barely able to sweep it into the crease from behind the net. End of the period, we're down 2-1.

Unfortunately for the Hall of Famers, we kept our press up for the third too. Jobin helped us catch them on a bad line change with an unexpected stretch pass that hit Sutherland perfectly at their blue line. Streaking in alone, he went five-hole to tie the game. If we were starting to get tired from our relentless attack, all of that went away when we were back in position to win.

I gotta be honest, our last-minute winning goal was pretty amazing... I just wish I could say I was on the ice for it. It doesn't always happen like the movies, ya know? Sometimes you play a great game top to bottom, but when the storybook moment happens, you just happen to be on the pine. Ah well.

Anyways, in the final minute, Timonen made a great block in front of our net, kicking off a huge scrum in the slot as the puck bounced around. Everyone was throwing cross checks and tackling anyone in an opposing jersey to try and get the puck to safety. It shot out back towards the Hall of Famers D, which sprung Topalo into a footrace against their D. He was able to corral it and fight them off his back to get it deep into their zone and frozen in the corner. Taking slash after slash, he bought time until a hobbling Timonen was able to join the attack. Topalo managed to kick it back to him, he caught a glimpse of Williams who came off the bench and into the zone like he was fired out of a cannon. The Hall of Famers weren't able to pick him up fast enough, and he ripped a shot top corner with 25 seconds left to cap off the tournament.

I was going wild on the bench, and we got to leave the simulation as grand champions.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]