Create Account

TOR Cap Overage

4 hours agoCementHands Wrote: Nope, that’s not at all what I said and taken like that sounds like quite the nuclear option! This was me asking why wasn’t it caught at the gm task approval stage, because even if torontos internal budget was wrong, the official budget should not have been.
I asked why no other punishments because gm tasks is where this should have been caught imo. In my eyes the failure on so many levels is egregious, and I brought up job loss because I assume someone checked the status of gm tasks being complete, which they were not, and agreed that they were complete, again which they were not.
TLDR I’m asking how this got as far as it did. Yet again something that should be caught in gm tasks is missed and becomes a much bigger issue.
I’ll accept I am meming a little asking about gm task punishments, but only because this seems to be something that keeps failing.

So, am I correct in assuming these are just not being audited at all, or is there corrective action coming? This is not the first gm punishment thread I’ve asked about tasks on, and we all know it won’t be the last. What is the terms of the head office positions now, because when I did it double checking tasks was part of the job.

When we (head office) check that tasks are completed, we do not do a line-by-line check of every single contract every player is signed to. We simply would not have the time to do that (and if we had to verify every single player signing, we probably wouldn't also need a budget team). We check that they have posted their budget. In this case, the official budget was running a little behind so even if we'd tried to check line by line, we still wouldn't have had an entirely accurate picture (and tracking down those details was something we spent several hours doing last night before we notified the team of this issue). It's difficult in that situation to determine who should share in the culpability, and what the consequences should be. This is not the last thing we are investigating, nor will it be the last punishment we post this week; we have a number of other things we're digging into as well and until we finish that up, I'm not going to start pruning any jobs.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: 7MO9RpC.png] : .