Create Account

Sens Off-season

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 7 2013, 06:41 PM

Lol Gonch is turrible  :lol:
He got hot for a while but really isnt worth much more than that 6th pick, he would probably go to KHL anyway.
Gonchar is terrible? You're joking right? He's almost a PPG player as a defenseman and was your best defenseman all season long. Of course he's not going to shine when he's stuck playing second fiddle to Karlsson but saying he's terrible is a joke. If he does go to the KHL you guys get nothing for him lol.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

And he's been signed. Big win for Dallas. Solid vet defensemen for practically nothing.

Stars overpaid for sure. This really sets the tone for D men this FA

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Methot and Phillips >>>>> Gonchar

He was real hot at one point which is why he had 27, i think he had like 15 points in like 10 games at one point.

hes not worth 5M, maximum is 3.5M, watch how much dallas fans will complain!

Wow Dallas huge overpayment. Sens didn't want him for that price and get a pick in return.

I guess win-win.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 8 2013, 06:37 PM
Methot and Phillips >>>>> Gonchar

He was real hot at one point which is why he had 27, i think he had like 15 points in like 10 games at one point.

hes not worth 5M, maximum is 3.5M, watch how much dallas fans will complain!
Lol Gonchar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Methot and Phillips. They did overpay but considering they have no defense and need a good puck mover they got the best one available.

Shit Anaheim paid 4.4 for Souray which I bitched about, until he hit the ice and was one of our best DMen all season and one of my favorites. Bryan Allen's another story though.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 8 2013, 06:39 PM

Lol Gonchar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Methot and Phillips. They did overpay but considering they have no defense and need a good puck mover they got the best one available.

Shit Anaheim paid 4.4 for Souray which I bitched about, until he hit the ice and was one of our best DMen all season and one of my favorites. Bryan Allen's another story though.

LOL, if you think Gonchar > Phillips and Methot you're insane.
I would take Wiercioch over Gonchar, Methot was our best dman all year and Phillips was one of our more consistant guys.

Gonchar was great from March 3rd to March 23rd

He had 15 points in 10 games, in the other 35 games, he had 12 points.
He made so many mistakes on D, he was scared to get hit, Im happy we dont have him anymore. VERY happy, rather get another veteran dman, although I will say he was real good for the locker room and the development of Karlsson.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 8 2013, 06:43 PM

I would take Wiercioch over Gonchar, Methot was our best dman all year and Phillips was one of our more consistant guys.

He made so many mistakes on D, he was scared to get hit, Im happy we dont have him anymore. VERY happy, rather get another veteran dman, although I will say he was real good for the locker room and the development of Karlsson.
:lol: you're funny. If you're just going off points, Gonchar had more this half season than Methot or Phillips has ever had... In a full season. Methot's a bum. And even Phillips who's been in the league since 97 has never put up more than 26 :lol:

Gonchar's a far better defenseman than either of them at this point and Gonchar can play both sides of the puck pretty well

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 8 2013, 07:43 PM

Sooooo...what you're saying is...he had 27 pts

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Jun 8 2013, 06:56 PM

Just god awful. He tied for 12th in the league in points as a defensemen. Such a terrible player. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 8 2013, 06:53 PM

:lol: you're funny. If you're just going off points, Gonchar had more this half season than Methot or Phillips has ever had... In a full season. Methot's a bum. And even Phillips who's been in the league since 97 has never put up more than 26 :lol:

Gonchar's a far better defenseman than either of them at this point and Gonchar can play both sides of the puck pretty well

Do you even watch Gonchar? saying hes better than Phillips & Methot is a joke LOL

He loses so many battles, tries to dodge a bunch of hits instead of making the play and taking the hit, hes a turnover machine and doesnt make up for it with his takeaways. Most sens fans were happy when they announced the trade. hes terrible. hopefully the change will do him some good

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Jun 8 2013, 06:56 PM

most of the points came in one bunch, he was too inconsistent.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 8 2013, 06:59 PM

Do you even watch Gonchar? saying hes better than Phillips & Methot is a joke LOL

He loses so many battles, tries to dodge a bunch of hits instead of making the play and taking the hit, hes a turnover machine and doesnt make up for it with his takeaways. Most sens fans were happy when they announced the trade. hes terrible. hopefully the change will do him some good
Yes I've been watching him since his Washington days lmao. Saying Methot and Phillips are better than Gonchar is just ridiculous. But k you Sens fans can be happy he's gone. I'm happy he's off Ottawa too. Off that blackhole of shittiness and now I can cheer for him again :D

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 8 2013, 07:01 PM

most of the points came in one bunch, he was too inconsistent.
Mhm you can have Phillips I'll take the 5x All-Star and over 700Point defender over the guy whos biggest claim to fame is being drafted 1st overall in the shittiest draft in the history of drafts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 8 2013, 07:04 PM

Mhm you can have Phillips I'll take the 5x All-Star and over 700Point defender over the guy whos biggest claim to fame is being drafted 1st overall in the shittiest draft in the history of drafts :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Do you know what a defensive dman is? Phillips wont dazzle you with his offensive skills, hes been a huge part of this team since being drafted.

He and Methot were amazing for us, you obviously dont watch Sens games, you're only praising Gonchar cause hes not part of the Sens anymore lol. We werent gonna resign him for more than one year and he wanted 2, we basically got a 6th pick for free. he was gonna go to UFA if he didnt take a paycut and a 1 year deal, not worth 5m whatsoever