Roman Morenov

Hands down.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Sep 11 2017, 04:47 PM
I only rate +/-relative to the other players on the team not across teams
Then again do you also take note of what players are lined up with?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 11 2017, 03:08 PM

Then again do you also take note of what players are lined up with?

your +/- sux because you sux, don't go throwing your teammates under the bus haha

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 11 2017, 01:41 PM

I'm curious why you rate hitting so highly in this. What makes physicality important in the sim? What makes that an accurate descriptor of a player's skill?
I wouldn't say I rate it over SB's, +/- or points. I look at how the hits helped all of the above make the defender a better multi tool player.

So I would value someone with good numbers in all of the above. Unless of course the player is just absolutely dominating all others in a single stat.

If there is a 15 point difference from 1st to second and the player is solid in other areas. Then yes I can see them as a possible favorite.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Nuck, what do you do when a player is better in some aspects and worse in others? Why don't you take goal scoring into account?

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Didn't like lidstrom win the Norris a bunch of times but never hit people

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Sep 11 2017, 06:01 PM
He threw a guy into the turnbuckle once.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 11 2017, 04:03 PM

He threw a guy into the turnbuckle once.

Doesn't really count tho, idk why hitting is a must for SHL defensemen,tbqh

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Sep 11 2017, 11:01 PM
Difference was people could actually watch Lidstrom play compared to us watching JY clicking a sim button

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Kevin "Juice" Bieksa@Sep 11 2017, 04:11 PM

Difference was people could actually watch Lidstrom play compared to us watching JY clicking a sim button

yea well i always read through the pbps in the game and play them through my head

doesn't everyone???

Quote:Originally posted by Muerto@Sep 11 2017, 03:56 PM
Code:
NAME              G   A  PTS +/-   S    H   SB  #
-------------------------------------------------
W Wollker        60 190  250 -19  672 197  413    
A Garbanzo       49 186  235 -38  664 729  495    
J Clayton        48 172  220  66  534 348  350    
B Manious        68 139  207  34  610 775  401      
B Nuck           43 160  203  59  486 700  379

Who's the best defenseman of the last 5 seasons???

The quiet one that doesn't sing his own praises and yell about winning awards - Big Manius

Most goals, most hits, until this season played a realistic number of minutes, great plus / minus despite Winnipeg not being that good over the last five seasons, great shot block numbers

Best all around defenseman in the SHL and only one singular Stevens nomination in that whole time to show for it. This award has kind of been a joke recently.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Sep 11 2017, 11:14 PM

yea well i always read through the pbps in the game and play them through my head

doesn't everyone???
Maybe when I'm doing a PBP or going through to look for specific moments in an interesting game but..

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Sep 11 2017, 04:15 PM

The quiet one that doesn't sing his own praises and yell about winning awards - Big Manius

Most goals, most hits, until this season played a realistic number of minutes, great plus / minus despite Winnipeg not being that good over the last five seasons, great shot block numbers

Best all around defenseman in the SHL and only one singular Stevens nomination in that whole time to show for it. This award has kind of been a joke recently.

hey now! last season was not a joke!

haha

But yeah Manious to me is one of the best defenseman all around, he just is consistently good but hasn't had that one season where he was dominant. There seems to be always someone who has an exceptional year that draws attention away from him. Unfortunate but the Stevens is based on just that 1 season, not the entire body of work.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Sep 11 2017, 02:30 PM
Nuck, what do you do when a player is better in some aspects and worse in others? Why don't you take goal scoring into account?
I do though and pp / PK points, ToI, personal comparison within the team. All of this effects my logic.

In this season's case, 4 points sperate 5 defensemen 5 points seperates the top 7 and 8 points the top 10+. Yes Schroder clearly had more goals but that can't out weight the rest of the numbers we have to use. SB were so close among the 3 of us, we have to dig deeper to find the winner. That's where and why we need to view +/- and hits in the equation. We do not have a clear winner this year based on points and SB's, why would we not value hits as an addition to our loss formula?

Or in the case of a defender who hits but has fewer SB, if heir hit totals were way up from everyone else and had similar points. Why wouldn't we look at that player, they are playing a defensive game. Maybe it's not being done threw SB but chances are almost none of those hits are coming while they are on the forecheck. He's hitting players to prevent and disrupt their offense, prevent the opposing teams break out or clearing the crease .That's how I envision it.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by Muerto@Sep 11 2017, 06:22 PM

hey now! last season was not a joke!

haha

But yeah Manious to me is one of the best defenseman all around, he just is consistently good but hasn't had that one season where he was dominant. There seems to be always someone who has an exceptional year that draws attention away from him. Unfortunate but the Stevens is based on just that 1 season, not the entire body of work.

Lucky for us we have the Hall of Fame for that!

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig