Create Account

S37 SHL Awards Show

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Dec 14 2017, 02:09 PM
Back in your days, a Jalopski was running around the ice.

Times have changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if gorlab is secretly someone on this site.

... lookin' at you... <a href='index.php?showuser=2761' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ConnorTanner</a>

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 14 2017, 02:12 PM

... lookin' at you... <a href='index.php?showuser=2761' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ConnorTanner</a>
Does <a href='index.php?showuser=2761' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ConnorTanner</a> hate S20's with a burning passion?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 14 2017, 01:08 PM
back in my day the best <s>defenceman</s> goalies defended goals, not <s>scored</s> allowed them!

[Image: 2gou8hm.gif]

Tongue

[Image: Wally.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-73'>Wally</a>

We changed the rule about playing out of position because the sim penalty was basically non-existent. Just to clarify.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Dec 14 2017, 04:29 PM
My vote goes to <a href='index.php?showuser=2364' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iOBESE</a>
I smell something fishi here! ;D

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Glad to know my SHL GM has my back, unlike the IIHL one

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Dec 14 2017, 01:15 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-73'>Wally</a>

We changed the rule about playing out of position because the sim penalty was basically non-existent. Just to clarify.

Definitely liked seeing that... Still haven't understood why the engine itself doesn't penalize harsher for obscure intangibles.

Quote:Originally posted by ThePandava@Dec 14 2017, 01:29 PM
Glad to know my SHL GM has my back, unlike the IIHL one

Once again... as I said in one of my first comments. Rhys is a beast. Just not happy with how Dover was discredited from being a defenseman when he played over 2/3 of the season as one.

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 14 2017, 02:12 PM

Hes been lurkin this whole time, bet

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 14 2017, 01:58 PM

But where does it say he is ineligible?&nbsp; Is there a rule?&nbsp; Or was this just a split decision thing from Eggy because of a rare circumstance. There sure as hell isn't one for the All-Star committee. No this isn't blending two things into one.&nbsp; Hits and Shot Blocks aren't the only things that matter in a defenseman... just as goals and assists aren't either.&nbsp;

It says he's ineligible right where the awards committee and HO representatives said he was ineligible.

Hits and SB aren't the only thing, neither are goals or assists, which is exactly why Rhys is there. He had all 4, it's not like he had 10 points and is there on hits & SB alone. Rhys had 38 points. only 9 less than Garbanzo, and 5 less than the next highest scorer in Wollker. He had 40 SB and 20 hits on Garbanzo, and 50 hits and 25 SB on Wollker. Seems like Rhys actually has one of the best cases. Unless of course, you're lying to yourself and goals & assists are all that matter.

You want to argue that Dover should be there fine, but you're picking the wrong fight there trying to discredit Rhys.

Quote:Fact is Dover didn't break a leg... and miss the last 14 games of the season.&nbsp; He was still on the ice... still a player of the Steelhawks... still a defenseman playing at a disadvantage from his normal strength as a forward.&nbsp; At the 36 game mark he was one of the best all-around defenseman and at the 50 game mark he was still one of the best all-around defenseman.&nbsp; There isn't an asterisk next to the award saying you must play all 50 games as a d-man.

He didn't break a leg, exactly. There are no injuries in the sim, so there's no reason for him to have not played all 50 games as a defenseman, unless he was trying to pad his stats.

Clearly he wasn't playing at a disadvantage or he wouldn't have scored 3 hat tricks and 21 points.

At the 36 game mark he was a great scoring defenseman, and at the 50 game mark he was a great scoring forward, as evidenced by the fact, that he was on the forward lines, at the 50 game mark. If you're not playing defense, you're not a defenseman. Just because he calls himself that doesn't mean he is.

Quote:Flat out... 36 games as a Defenseman and 14 as a Forward.&nbsp; Defense or Forward, you have to choose one... your pick.

Or you can pick 36 games as a defenseman and 14 as a forward, because he was both, and neither one was impressive enough for him to be considered for awards. Per game totals aren't what awards are valued on, especially when there's no reason for everyone not to have played the same number of games.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

I played 50 games as a Defencemen special teams Wink

Honestly i dont care. I probably wouldve won the award if I remained at D but I dont care about my individual stats to be honest. My goal is to make Hamilton a winning team. I randomly did a test sim as myself as a F to see what could happen. I was unreal so I wanted to double check that my sths wasnt broken or anything.

Me switching to the Forward position isnt out of the question in the future. I know what type of player I would be and right now my team needs a 1600 tpe defencemen more than a 1600 Forward.

[Image: hallsy.png]

top 5 in SB but he's not a dmen Hmm

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Dec 14 2017, 03:52 PM
I played 50 games as a Defencemen special teams Wink

Honestly i dont care.

You can't score points on pk tho. Defense award is clearly based on offense duhhhhhhh

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 14 2017, 03:00 PM

You can't score points on pk tho. Defense award is clearly based on offense duhhhhhhh
I can score Points on the PP. Im curious how many of my 21 Points during that time frame came on the PP.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Dec 14 2017, 04:01 PM

I can score Points on the PP. Im curious how many of my 21 Points during that time frame came on the PP.
you had 10 goals on the PP

[Image: capybar22_600.png]