Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

Did the Leafs ever have a chance to win 4 against the caps?

Does Nashville have what it takes to go all the way?

In their prime who would you want on your team..Ovie / Crosby / McDavid... or other?

Bearss is lucky to get 10 mins of ice time per game on the third line... does third line success amount to much in theSHL or is it all about the top 2 lines and Dmen?

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

So it seems like I have apparently been riding for free and seeing as I can't offer you gas or grass and won't offer you ass, I guess I'll drop off a few questions!

First and foremost, on your last podcast slappy mentioned I was a Rangers fan. I'd like to direct your attention to Sexy Karlsson in my avatar and Kyle Turris in my sig. I'm not sure if you actually thought that I was a Rangers fan or that was some clever chirp pertaining to our playoff series but I am definitely a hardcore sens fan (yes, we exist.)

Now for some questions!

Which teams are you most surprised to see at their current spot in the standings and why?

I'm sure you'll be well aware by the time you guys record but Eggy was just named new SHL Commissioner. thoughts?

At the time of writing this, the Jets and Platoon are both sitting just outside of a playoff spot. What do you guys think your respective teams need to do in order to make the playoffs this season?

I know you guys are big movie buffs, but what are you thoughts on television? Do you guys watch as much TV as you watch Movies? Do you prefer a really good 3 hour movie or a really good 10-15 episode, 45 minute tv show?

Have you guys ever considered having guests on your show? If so I would definitely be interested!

Do you think media is graded fairly? Eggy has made it a focal point of his Commissioner term to fix the money to TPE balance. Is there a right answer?

Talk trade deadline. Who are the winners and losers?

Do you think there is a worse position to be in as a TWD to have only 7 points in 31 games with over 25 MPG? Orlov's a total scrub.

What is TBSH equivalent to the Klosecast Asian fetish?

Recording tomorrow night. Thanks already to JR and c for their contributions. We could use some more if anyone is so inclined. Thanks.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

recording shortly

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Hope I'm sliding in before the buzzer here.

Bonk, are we gonna make this playoff thing happen? Are you feeling tingling in your extremities yet?

Let's get that Group 14 update.

Sorry to be brief, I know it's been too long since I've recorded but it probably won't happen this weekend either. Hope to "talk" to you guys soon.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

answered

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Big Slappy Enterprises in conjunction with the Rand corporation, with a grant from the government's council on fart jokes and random goofing invites you, our happy listener, to join in the hijinks and tomfoolery of a live Big Slappy broadcast. Submit your questions and comments and our crack squad will get to work crafting responses of such sublime silliness your life will never be the same again.

Act now while time still remains!

Hey guys, I've listened to a few of your past casts, great job!

What are your thoughts on draft placement for the upcoming SHL rookies based on their rookie season in the SMJHL?

Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin?

Cheers

Slappy: How about those strats WKP used to finish the season after the East playoff teams had been decided? That was a pretty fun experiment, and great for your hit totals.

Bonk: We fucking did it. How excited are You? Thoughts on going up against Portland?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Here I stand, desperately flagging down random people for questions and comments. Look at me wave. Wave silly Slappy, wave.

[Image: waving.gif]

The Jets are finally in! do you think our current configuration is enough to get us through, or what tweaks would you make as armchair GMs?

Fleming has been a monster. 2nd in points, 3rd in hits, 5th in shots. What do you think his ceiling is? Can he be top scorer in the league? of all time? i know it's early to talk about next season (because we are in this playoff thing!!!Wink but who do you think should be his line mates next season (with Boyka in regression).

There was a discussion in our LR about the controversial goal the Ducks had on the Oilers. (Game 5, Kesler grabbing the pads debate). Do you guys think it was a good goal, or a botched goalie interference call?

Capitals choke again. Is this it? are they going to blow up the team, or what do you think the next steps are for them?

How nice is CBear to forgive me for actually defending the likes of Ryan Kesler and his antics? Is he proof that Ducks fans and Oilers fans can actually get along even if they disagree on something? (even if that goal was pretty much, yeah, goalie interference at the end of the day)

So why is Mia Landvik such a freaking goon? She's so good at hockey, but now she's stealing trophies from the likes of Lord Vader and Big Manious because of all the PIMs she's racking up.

Are hits overrated in the SHL? Or do they actually matter, in your opinion.

Who is the big breakout star next year on your team?

Who has the potential to steal the series for their individual team in the Portland v Winnipeg series?

What originally caused this "new era" we are now experiencing?

If there is a nuclear holocaust in the next few years and the internet is still up, will we still get podcasts from Bonk and Slappy, maybe just in a different form and out of a studio out in the desert or something?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Who do you root for in the SHL playoffs?

Missing the playoffs hurts, but we have been spoiled in retrospect having last missed the playoffs almost 10 seasons ago. Is there any reason for us not to bounce back in season 35?

I made two trades that brought in 3 first round picks plus a second to send Falk and Smirnov away. Does it feel like a rebuild to you, or do you think we still have the manpower to win?

I've been pretty bummed out and self conscious about missing the playoffs. What would you have done differently?

Sending out save the date cards for the Wedding if you guys are still interested.

I'm going to Vegas next week for free (for "work") do you guys have any crazy stories?

(summary of my questions: me, me, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]