Create Account

S52 WFT #0 - Bold Predictions
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 12:39 AM by Tate.)

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

This has to be a joke because anyone following the league would know that the Panthers are on the cusp of greatness. Look no further than the signing this offseason to see the direction we're headed in, Panthers are on the up!

Panthers

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

The Chicago Syndicate and more specifically Cameron Carter II, aka the GOAT aka JODAN, will never lift the President's Trophy until they pay CC2 a liveable wage for a generational player like him and surround him with players that aren't complete dog shit.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 12:46 AM by Ferda.)

01-22-2020, 06:28 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

As we know Inf1d3l is a betting man.. and the good bet for Toronto is last place. Don’t get me wrong there’s some solid young talent on that team, but with there recent trades there’s not a skater other then Mika Kadinsky on that roster that’s over 900 tpe.. and that’s just asking STHS for too much of a handout. They’ll be scrappy and win some games here and there but post season is down the line on FHM for the Northstars.

I disagree.

Just look at what happened in Anchorage when the cheating, drug-abusing butt plugs known as Gabriel Johnson and Samuel Michaud left. They went on to win a Four Star Cup!

Now that the deadweight known as Mikhail Lokitonov is gone, the sky is the limit for them.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Kelly Clarkson - Buffalo will miss the playoffs for the first time since S45

Even though I'm no longer a member of the Stampede, it would be foolhardy to count them out before the beginning of the season. Yes, they've lost a generational talent in Metzler and a stalwart defender in Walker but they are filling that gap with new and capable rookies on the blue line. Scoring may be a little light, but Defense wins Championships and Buffalo's 2 Challenge Cups definitely say don't sell us short.

13th US President Millard Fillmore - Tampa Bay and West Kendall will take the top two spots in the Atlantic

I don't even think that West Kendall will make playoffs much less finish in the top 2. They have a lot of good young talent in a rebuild but I don't think it's quite their time to shine again just yet, but soon. Tampa Bay is an enigma, they could be the top team in the league or finish in a lotto spot. You just never know.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Donini - Corey Kennedy will become the first defenseman to win a Ron Mexico trophy since Alonzo Garbanzo in S27

I'm going with history here and saying this won't happen. Defensemen just don't have huge seasons often enough in the sim and even when they do, they are overshadowed by a high scoring forward. Kennedy, or any defenseman, is going up against so many odds that you just can't put your money on a defenseman winning MVP.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Code:
Donini - SFP will beat out LAP and NOLA to win the division

How could anybody disagree with this?! First of all, SFP are the best. No ifs ands or buts about it. No, I'm not biased. (Yes I am). We have one of if not the best defensive units in the league and our core of players is only getting better. I take us nine times out of ten.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

01-22-2020, 06:19 PMkarlssens Wrote: hotdog - Tony Pepperoni will become the first player since Ryan Jesster in S8-9 to win back to back Khan awards
I love me some Pepperoni, but with everyone's build damn near the same it's a bit of a crap shoot who will lead the league in scoring each season, let alone who will be deemed MVP by the league. If he can repeat a performance similar to this season he'll have my vote.

I was hoping for someone to talk about this one so i could post a reply... If anyone can achieve this right now, it's Tony Pepperoni. He is not just a superstar right in his prime, he also already shown over the past few seasons that he is very consistent and he also has a very strong squad behind him to support him, a squad that isn't just full of quality players but is also somewhat built to let Pepperoni shine with the way the roster is set up (lots of passers for example).

Despite the band-aid, Hamilton be the first team to repeat as champions since the S30-31 Wolfpack

Band aid? You call this rule a band aid? While the gap gets closer it still a huge gap that will likely influence the result of the sim. So you heard it here second, Hamilton will win again due to the band aid not being strong enough. Congrats Hallsy, enjoy your back to back

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 09:03 AM by FinnRhys.)

Code:
Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

I am sorry, I just do not see how anyone can say that Toronto will make the playoffs. They have a good young core but with the loss of Lokitonov, their leading TPE forward is now sub-1100 (he's also their only "field" player above 1000. I think they will make the playoffs in a few seasons as they continue to grow and develop their young talent, but at least for next season, that just does not seem to be a possibility.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Quote:Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

Almost every team in the East improved this offseason while Toronto traded their best player in Lokitonov, so they will likely be one of the worst teams in the league and won't make the playoffs

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Code:
Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

No way, East is just wayyyy too tight right now and I think losing a big piece in ml002 only pushes them further out. They’ve lost primary competition with Tampa hard selling, but Hamilton, Chicago, Manhattan and Buffalo all boast young rosters that almost all got better this offseason. Can’t see Toronto edging any of these teams out.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

01-23-2020, 08:46 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: Despite the band-aid, Hamilton be the first team to repeat as champions since the S30-31 Wolfpack

Band aid? You call this rule a band aid? While the gap gets closer it still a huge gap that will likely influence the result of the sim. So you heard it here second, Hamilton will win again due to the band aid not being strong enough. Congrats Hallsy, enjoy your back to back

This ignores the requirements to have a passer on lines 1, 2 and 4, which significantly pulls back the offence of an all scoring line. The 20 point gap is also, while less common, something that has been done in the SHL before. The “bandaid” really should restore some semblance of normalcy to S52. Hamilton remains a cup favourite, but I think that more comes from the big offseason they had and the consistently growing roster they boast (All young players progressing to 800-1100 tpe range, acquiring Knurtsson, Lagerfield and Bennett).

01-23-2020, 01:07 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: 13th US President Millard Fillmore - Tampa Bay and West Kendall will take the top two spots in the Atlantic

I don't even think that West Kendall will make playoffs much less finish in the top 2. They have a lot of good young talent in a rebuild but I don't think it's quite their time to shine again just yet, but soon. Tampa Bay is an enigma, they could be the top team in the league or finish in a lotto spot. You just never know.

Considering the offseason they just had Tampa is most likely a bubble team, they lost huge pieces. I do agree WKP barely makes the playoffs though what with how tight the east is.

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

I think this being a hot take finally shows that the Panthers have become a very good team. I think the Panthers have one of the deepest rosters in the SHL, and Booth showed signs of greatness in the S51 playoffs. With all the moves made in the offseason, this team looks poised to finally be considered a contender. I don't think they're going to make the playoffs, I think they'll be fighting for one of the top spots in the West.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]